Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

It does. Basically, if it resists the typing of any of her Pokemon (or hits any of them super-effectively), it can't be used against her.
The only types this leaves me are Normal, Ice, and Rock. Grass can't be used due to a previous restriction.

This leaves me with a pure Normal type or Sudowoodo. Since only STAB moves can be used (another prior restriction) and Lucario 4x resists Rock, I can only use a pure Normal type for this. No Normal type available can solo Maylene without being grossly overleveled. I'm sorry, but I have to reject this unless you change it.

Unless Naix changes his challenge, I will accept one more post-Gardenia challenge!

I probably should've seen that coming. Withdrawing challenge. It wasn't too creative in the first place anyway...

Okay, Professor Science, here.

Take the first 8 words of your favorite song. Be honest. Count the number of letters in each word. Throw out words with less than 3 letters and replace them at the end with the following words in the song that meet the requirement. The number corresponds to the number of STAB/super-effective moves you have to use against that gym leader. You cannot use STABed super-effective moves against gym leaders.
Dammit, now I have to decide what my favourite song is...
CURSE YOU ZIPOSAKI!!!!
Hahahaha jks, this is accepted. In any case I can't use many non-STAB moves due to King Serperior's restriction. I'm guessing it's okay to go over the limit, but not under?
I still need 2 more challenges for my Medium Fire Red Gauntlet!

Professor Science, every time you fight your rival, your starter must solo his starter. For every two gym badges you earn, your starter must solo one more of his pokemon.
So if you have:
0-1 badges: solo his starter
2-3 badges: solo his starter and one other
4-5 badges: solo his starter and two others
6-7 badges: solo his starter and three others
8 badges: solo his starter and four others
If you fail, you must lose the battle and try again.

In other news, would someone please give me a post-Gardenia challenge?

Professor Science, every time you fight your rival, your starter must solo his starter. For every two gym badges you earn, your starter must solo one more of his pokemon.
So if you have:
0-1 badges: solo his starter
2-3 badges: solo his starter and one other
4-5 badges: solo his starter and two others
6-7 badges: solo his starter and three others
8 badges: solo his starter and four others
If you fail, you must lose the battle and try again.

In other news, would someone please give me a post-Gardenia challenge?
Accepted. This look pretty easy early on, but that Champion battle is going to be a bitch.
I just need one more! Link is a couple of posts up.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Professor Science: When you face Giovanni in the Game Corner and in Silph Co. you must solo him with an electric type pokemon. (I was going to make this a challenge for his gym, until I realised it would be pretty much impossible.)

Update #4
Yeah, it's been a while. I probably will go through quite slowly though.

Check my previous updates and challenges in my sig

-So after defeating Burgh, I have to deposit one of my pokemon. It is Roman the Swoobat.
-I stock up on healing items, as now my pokemon visits are going to start costing.
-I travel north and defeat both Bianca and Cheren with ease.
-I go through a tough route 4 and enter the desert resort.
-I catch a Sigilyph after taking a while trying to find one with magic guard.
-I also get the Archen fossil and revive it in Nacrene.
-I beat Team Plasma and N in Nimbassa.
-I catch an Emolga in route 16 (the cutest BW mon) and train the rest of my new team members up
-I challenge Elesa and defeat the gym easily with Timothy my Tympole.
-I deposit Rose my Tranquil after this gym, probably for good, and I teach Volt Switch to Emolga.

TEAM:

Otto lvl. 30
-Water Pulse
-Retaliate
-Revenge
-Razor Shell

Timothy lvl. 31
-Bubblebeam
-Mud Shot
-Uproar
-Muddy Water

Heiro lvl. 30
-Psybeam
-Air Cutter
-Reflect
-Light Screen

Archie lvl. 30
-Acrobatics
-AncientPower
-Agility
-Pluck

Emile lvl. 29
-Spark
-Volt Switch
-Double Team
-Electro Ball

Roman lvl. 25
-Heart Stamp
-Air Cutter
-Confusion
-Assurance

Rose lvl. 27
-Quick Attack
-Air Cutter
-Work Up
-Roost

I already have a post-Elesa challenge, but if anyone wants to give me a post-Clay challenge, that would be great! Also, requesting my challenges to become slightly harder, as I haven't ran into too much trouble since Lenora.

Just added update #5 to my SoulSilver Gauntlet. Let's just say things don't go exactly as planned... yeah. Link in my signature as usual.

I would give you another Corkscrew but since I just gave you your post Elesa one I think I'll let someone else have a shot at it :P

@TheMagicalCake

You should link to your post where you ask for the challenges as well as list the challenges you have already gotten in that post, so that it's easier for people to give you challenges.

Anyway, I have yet ANOTHER update up! Two in one day! But actually, I did the playing for last chapter last night, so it's really more like two days. So... how did this chapter go? Well... you'll see.

@Professor Science: When you face Giovanni in the Game Corner and in Silph Co. you must solo him with an electric type pokemon. (I was going to make this a challenge for his gym, until I realised it would be pretty much impossible.)
Sorry Corkscrew, but this is basically impossible anyway. I'm not allowed to use any TMs, meaning that against his Ground/Rock types (like Rhyhorn), the only moves I could use are Normal-type moves, which are resisted. I could technically use Jolteon which learns Double Kick, but since Eevee comes at a relatively high level, it won't have any Electric-type move until very late when it gets Thunder. And I'm definitely not using an all-physical Jolteon for most of the game. This is rejected.
One more for my Fire Red Gauntlet! Link is further up the page.

Alright guys, I know there hasn't been an update in a while, but I've finally got one here for ya.

After watching Clay's Krokorok break down the web in front of Chargestone Cave, I went in (if a Krokorok could do it, why couldn't you, Pimple?) and faced N. Proceeding through the cave, Prof. Juniper gave me the Lucky Egg... Let me tell you, grinding is sooo much easier with it. After beating every single trainer in the cave and having a battle of ideals between N and Juniper (as well as an actual battle vs N), I finally emerged into Mistralton City.

First order of business: teach Scolipede Megahorn. I had a couple of Heart Scales picked up who knows when, and suddenly Phobia boasts the strongest STAB move on my team. I went up towards the Celestial Tower, defeating every trainer both outside and inside the tower. I didn't catch any poke, though considering it is Winter in-game, I might catch a Cubchoo and replace Chimpaqu. Depends if I have something to learn Surf/Waterfall, though I might keep Chimpaqu as an HM Slave. Which reminds me - I have nothing that can learn Fly on my team. Oh well.

After ringing the bell atop the tower, I climbed back down and challenged the gym. Shadowfax made it all 2EZ... I don't even think he took damage. He's a bit overlevelled now, but whatever. Skyla defeated.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Narcissism evolved and learned Coil... I also deleted Cut and taught it a move more suiting for someone of his character.

Now the next challenge...
You must always have a pokemon on your team that shares all it's moves with at least one or more pokemon on your team.
I honestly don't know how I'm gonna go about doing this... So far the only way I can see myself doing it is changing Pimple's moveset (I don't want to... It has an actual competitive moveset! :[) to something like Dig (half my team can learn it)/X-Scissor (Scolipede)/Cut/Filler from SD/EQ/Rock Slide/Filler. T_T

CURRENT TEAM:

Narcissism (Serperior) - Level 38
-Leaf Blade
-Attract
-Leech Seed
-Coil

Chimpaqu (Simipour) - Level 38
-Scratch
-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Scald

Shadowfax (Zebstrika) - Level 40
-Discharge
-Stomp
-Charge Beam
-Spark

Phobia (Scolipede) - Level 38
-Poison Tail
-Agility
-Megahorn
-Baton Pass

Pyromaniac (Darmanitan) - Level 38
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Fire Punch
-Belly Drum

Pimple (Excadrill) - Level 38
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

Finished the update! Evolution, new team member, Gym badge! I still need one more post-Gardenia challenge.

I've seen these challenges somewhere. I couldn't complete the Nuzlocke Challenge but I'm currently half way through the Hippy Challenge in Pokémon Soulsilver.

Nuzlocke challenge: (Difficulty: Intense)
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

- The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

The Hippy Challenge: (Difficulty: Challenging)

Challenge rules are as illustrated.

@kerbykong

Clearly you did not read the OP. This is not the place to advertise other types of challenges. If you think your Hippe challenge deserves its own thread make one. This is not the place to post it. This thread is for discussing Gauntlet challenges, and I don't want people junking it up with random shit.

@everyone else

Why's everyone taking so long getting the next challenge for Smaug? I've already given him one this stage so I can't give out another. C'mon people! He's waiting on you!

Smaug, when you're in Veilstone Gym, your Pokemon can't use items or physical attacks. Sorry for the wait!

Thank you! I can finally begin the next stage of my challenge!

EDIT: I beat Maylene! Link is in my signature. Now, would someone please give me two post-Maylene challenges so that I can continue to play and use my most awesome team member?

Eh, I don't really like shiny Gastly line, sorry. It's still pretty awesome if you get it normally, though. I think I'm so used to just RNG manipulating them I'm immune to the shock of a shiny. Congrats. Anyways, uhm, Pastoria's next right? Okay, each pokemon needs to be soloed by a pokemon that is equal to it's solo target level. So, you need to solo Gyarados with a Lvl. 27 pokemon, Quagsire with a different Lvl. 27 pokemon, and Gyarados with a Lvl. 30 pokemon. You might have to scrounge up some different pokemon for this.

Anyways, now that I'm back from vacationing I'm looking for challenges, and I'm only about a third of the way there, so get moving! Everyone is eligible to give me challenges by now, except for Jimera since he's given me three challenges already. More details are in my signature.

@Smaug you accidentally deleted my restriction in your third milestone update, and it took me a second to remember what restriction you were talking about because of it... and I WROTE the damn restriction!

So yeah, probably should fill that in XD I'll hold off on giving you yet another challenge and hope someone else does it, since I've given you like 3 challenges already this game.

But seriously, hella congrats on the shiny Gastly encounter! I really love using the Gastly line (Easily my favorite teammate in my SS challenge, though Slick the Umbreon is very close in cool points), so catching a shiny one is just awesome :P

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Jimera0

You have challenged me earlier to use a pokemon that has never evolved to defeat Clay. Do I have to use a pokemon that must be able to evolve (e.g. Ducklett) or can I use a pokemon that hasn't evolved and isn't able to (e.g. Basculin)

Ziposaki: Does that apply only to the gym leader, or to all the gym trainers? And does my pokemon have to start the battle at that level, or be that level when it faces the opponent? Because I can't guarantee that it won't grow to a higher level by fighting the gym/ leader.

Jimera0: Even though you gave that challenge to me before the third milestone, I moved it to Entire Game- it does, after all, remain for the entire game. I think I'll move it back, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)