Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I mind it, but I've been boosted by about 100+ points for each win. I realize the server may still be broken though. The foe's Gengar used Shadow Ball!
It's not very effective... Heatran lost 12% of its health!
Heatran used Lava Plume!
The foe's Gengar lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Gengar fainted!
Heatran restored HP using its Leftovers!
wheelie forfeited.
rfriedrich16 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
rfriedrich16's rating: 2369 → 2503
(+134 for winning)
wheelie's rating: 1956 → 1954
(-2 for losing)
wheelie left.
rfriedrich16 left.
rfriedrich16 joined.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Not that I mind it, but I've been boosted by about 100+ points for each win. I realize the server may still be broken though. The foe's Gengar used Shadow Ball!
It's not very effective... Heatran lost 12% of its health!
Heatran used Lava Plume!
The foe's Gengar lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Gengar fainted!
Heatran restored HP using its Leftovers!
wheelie forfeited.
rfriedrich16 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
rfriedrich16's rating: 2369 → 2503
(+134 for winning)
wheelie's rating: 1956 → 1954
(-2 for losing)
wheelie left.
rfriedrich16 left.
rfriedrich16 joined.

This is intentional, the system is trying to boost your ranking to what it believes it should be. To do this faster it inflates you're win and loss points for the first 20 or so battles

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is intentional, the system is trying to boost your ranking to what it believes it should be. To do this faster it inflates you're win and loss points for the first 20 or so battles
No, I continuously get this message stating that I've gone up 80, 90, 100 or whatever points when in reality I'm only going up two or three (and I've played ~165 matches on said alt). It's not bothersome or anything, just off of what it seems like it should be.

MJB

Sup Peeps
No, I continuously get this message stating that I've gone up 80, 90, 100 or whatever points when in reality I'm only going up two or three (and I've played ~165 matches on said alt). It's not bothersome or anything, just off of what it seems like it should be.

The ladder was just reset the other day with new algorithm's in place so this shouldn't be the case.

I expect what was going on in your case however is there was some bonus pool involved.

I lagged out of a match due to crappy internet connection. When I joined again, the sim put me back in the battle, but as a spectator, NOT the battler.

EDIT: I'm running the Chrome app on Windows 7 64-Bit

Nas

Banned deucer.
Magical Girl called Hitmontop back!
Magical Girl sent out Suicune!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Suicune!
The foe's Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Chanandler Bong called Snorlax back!
Chanandler Bong sent out Cofagrigus!
Pointed stones dug into Cofagrigus!
Cofagrigus is hurt by the spikes!
Cofagrigus restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Suicune restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 7
The foe's Suicune used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss!
Togekiss restored HP using its Leftovers!

I used Trick Room Turn 7, but Roar went first...

breh

強いだね
Magical Girl called Hitmontop back!
Magical Girl sent out Suicune!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Suicune!
The foe's Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Chanandler Bong called Snorlax back!
Chanandler Bong sent out Cofagrigus!
Pointed stones dug into Cofagrigus!
Cofagrigus is hurt by the spikes!
Cofagrigus restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 7
The foe's Suicune used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss!
Togekiss restored HP using its Leftovers!

I used Trick Room Turn 7, but Roar went first...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Priority

Roar is faster than Trick Room unless the latter is used by Whimsicott.

Hi on pokemon showdown it appears to be very buggy when being run on the iPad using iOS6. On the team builder, the keyboard will pop back down after being up for one second. This bug also seems to happen on typing private messages. Any assistance on this would be great. Thank you in advance

MJB

Sup Peeps
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when i logged onto PS on a different computer,all my teams were gone.
Your teams are saved as cookies, so changing computer or browser will show you having no teams, if you return to the original source they will be back.

Turn 38
The foe's Blaziken used Protect!
The foe's Blaziken protected itself!
Giratina-Origin used Outrage!
The foe's Blaziken protected itself!
Giratina-Origin's rampage ended!
Giratina-Origin became confused!
The foe's Blaziken's Speed Boost raised its Speed!
Turn 39
Furai: i'm p sure
Furai: that i should not be confused

i'm not completely sure though

This is correct, protect causes outrage to end and give confusion if the user would of at the end of that turn anyway.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
lol, yeah, PS comes with an accurate implementation of the Trick Room bug in gen 5.

I have a small bug to report:

If your pokemon gets attracted, and the attracter switches out/dies, there will still be "attract" underneath your hp bar.

That is all!

No picture but I think I can describe what happened.

When an opposing Zoroark fainted via Leech Seed, the window under my opponent showed that Zoroark was still alive with the health it had before it fainted (76% - Damage from the attack and Leech Seed)

The Zoroark did not show up as an Illusion if this helps.

Today in Challenge Cup (Rated) I used Dig. My opponent then did not make a move for a full 3 minutes. I look for the kick button, but I had no kick button. So I wait another few minutes, after it got to 5 I had to forfeit because I could not kick while I was in my second dig turn. Is it Dig only that's messed up or is it ALL 2 turn attacks?

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
MOld Breaker did not work properly
HIDEllen Dodgers called Amoonguss back!
Allen Dodgers sent out Fraxure!
The foe's Fraxure breaks the mold!
Torkoal used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Torkoal restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
Shuckleking87 called Torkoal back!
Shuckleking87 sent out Regice!
The foe's Fraxure used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Fraxure's Attack rose!
The foe's Fraxure's Speed rose!
Turn 6
The foe's Fraxure used Low Kick!
It's super effective! Regice lost 100% of its health!
Regice fainted!
Shuckleking87 sent out Sawk!
Turn 7
Sawk used Close Combat!
The foe's Fraxure lost 72% of its health!
Sawk's Defense fell!
Sawk's Special Defense fell!
The foe's Fraxure used Outrage!
Sawk lost 100% of its health!
Sawk fainted!
Allen Dodgers: no sturdy?
Shuckleking87 sent out Musharna!HIDE

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu2332655

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I don't show up on the OU Ladder Top 100 even with a ranking of 2700+, I normally wouldn't care but for some reason it also takes me 10~20 minutes to find even one game and I have a feeling the problems are related. Even freshly-made Alts take the same amount of time. Of course I try refreshing and the chat is always going fine the entire time, it's just finding a battle.

The ranking thing's happened since the last ladder reset but the finding a battle issue has been happening since the server reset yesterday.

MOld Breaker did not work properly
HIDEllen Dodgers called Amoonguss back!
Allen Dodgers sent out Fraxure!
The foe's Fraxure breaks the mold!
Torkoal used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Torkoal restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
Shuckleking87 called Torkoal back!
Shuckleking87 sent out Regice!
The foe's Fraxure used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Fraxure's Attack rose!
The foe's Fraxure's Speed rose!
Turn 6
The foe's Fraxure used Low Kick!
It's super effective! Regice lost 100% of its health!
Regice fainted!
Shuckleking87 sent out Sawk!
Turn 7
Sawk used Close Combat!
The foe's Fraxure lost 72% of its health!
Sawk's Defense fell!
Sawk's Special Defense fell!
The foe's Fraxure used Outrage!
Sawk lost 100% of its health!
Sawk fainted!
Allen Dodgers: no sturdy?
Shuckleking87 sent out Musharna!HIDE

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu2332655
? Mold Breaker last as long as fraxure is on the field.

MJB

Sup Peeps
I don't show up on the OU Ladder Top 100 even with a ranking of 2700+, I normally wouldn't care but for some reason it also takes me 10~20 minutes to find even one game and I have a feeling the problems are related. Even freshly-made Alts take the same amount of time. Of course I try refreshing and the chat is always going fine the entire time, it's just finding a battle.

The ranking thing's happened since the last ladder reset but the finding a battle issue has been happening since the server reset yesterday.
Your not in the top 100 because your variation is too high, once you play more games your variation will decrease and you will be on there. (around 80-90 I believe is the threshhold)

As for the long laoding times this is due to matchmaking, there is nobody else good enough searching at the same time as you so you don't find any games. I'm not sure but I think this effects alts aswell.

This is because Zarel changed the ladder algorithms during the ladder reset (hence why it was reset)

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The above poster is correct - you need a deviation of 80 or below for your rank to be non-provisional and become a "true" rank.

With finding a battle, the ladder tries to match you against someone within a certain rank interval (from observation is plus or minus about 400 points but this is just a guess) for around 12 minutes. If no battle is found in that time, it searches outside of that interval.

I've recently Imported 2 of my teams from PO, my UU and Ubers team.

But when I try to edit my Ubers team on PS, by pressing edit on the Teambuilder Page, Nothing happens.

But when I tried it on my UU team, it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)