[Gen 5 OU] The Metagame is So Much Different (1540+ on PO)

The Metagame is So Much Different

Hey there! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kody. I've been on Pokemon Online for about a year now with a 10 month break that I'm just recently coming back from. This is what I guess you could call my "Coming Back to PO Team" for obvious reasons. During my time away the metagame has changed dramatically, but this team is one that I feel works through all of those new abused threats, not pointing any fingers *cough* *cough* Genesect and Therians *cough*. This was made to be a balanced team but as you can tell it kind of leans more on the side of Hyper Offense.
If you all aren't familiar with my playstyle I like to have a lot of priority which is why there are 3 Pokemon on this team that have strong priority moves, 2 of those being a +2 priority move.​

Step Into my Mind...for Team building Purposes

I started off with one of my favorite Pokemon, Lucario. I liked the idea of being able to pretty much sweep with a priority move.
|
|
To help out Lucario I added Dragonite who has great synergy with Lucario.​

|
|
|
I wasn't quite sure at this point what the main threats were, but I figured Genesect had to be one of them. And Choice Scarf Genesect is such a big threat that I couldn't afford to let it keep
slowly and methodically picking apart my team. I wanted something fast, and I mean really fast that covers the metagame so well. Nothing else came to mind but a Choice Scarf Mixed Infernape.
|
|
|
|
I'm big into synergizing my pokemon very well so I took a look at what Infernape was weak to and figured a Celebi would make a good partner, only sharing a Flying weakness and what else uses Flying moves but Tornadus?
|
|
|
|
|
Sensing that Flying weakness I went with my old favorite Scizor. Tornadus dies to a Metal Coat Bullet Punch after my Rocks are up, simple as that.
|
|
|
|
|

The last slot was kind of a toss up, I had too many things to really mention. One thing overall was a pretty much a savior to this team. Trick Room Reuniclus.​

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, I'll delve deeper into the team and give you the essential details I know you all so desperately want. Jokes aside, there's not much to say about this team that you shouldn't already be able to see. Without further stalling on my part, I present the team.​

Dat Big Threat (Lucario) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
  • Swords Dance​
  • Bullet Punch​
  • ExtremeSpeed​
  • Close Combat​
Oh man Lucario, just oh man. Where do I begin the praise for this thing. It has so much raw power and access to that +2 priortiy is like the icing on the cake. I'll start off by talking about my item of choice. Silk Scarf has the wonderful property of boosting all Normal type moves that I happen to use, even though I only have one of them. I find its power bonus to be superior to that of the Life Orb. Justified ability is a great one to have to get a freebie +1 on all of those Dark types, looking at you Tyranitar. The Ev's are simple, at least I hope they are to you. 252 Atk for power, 252 Spd for, well, speed and the 4 other EV's went into Def so that I had an odd HP number allowing me to come in the maximum amount of times on Stealth Rocks and to take priority hits better. Adamant nature was chosen over Jolly because I liked the extra 10% in power that Adamant provided and I don't end up using much that isn't Extremespeed anyway. Now onto the moveset. Swords Dance is, of course, my boosting move that doubles my Attack stat to 700. Extremespeed doesn't need much explanation, it's the only +2 priority move in the game meaing that it goes before ALL moves . Now Bullet Punch was a nice little additon that I thought would help the team out considerably. I had to stop and think "what switches into a Lucario most often? Hmmmm...oh Gengar, Terrakion, and Jolly Mamoswine!" With a +2 under its belt Lucario gets an OHKO on each of those with STAB Bullet Punch, pretty nice huh? My last slot is reserved for Close Combat. Close Combat is a base 120 power move that gets the STAB boost and is my go to move for the bulky opponents that try to shut me down.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 SAtk / 244 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)​

• Hydro Pump
  • Volt Switch
  • Pain Split
  • Hidden Power [Ice]

This slot used to be a TR Reuniclus, but after much convincing I changed it to a SDef Rotom-W. The Ev's let it take Hurricanes for days and 12 SATk EV's let me get the OHKO on Tornadus after Rocks.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On That Speed (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SAtk / 252 Spd // 30 HP / 30 Def Ivs​
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
  • Close Combat
  • Fire Blast​
  • U-Turn​
  • Hidden Power [Ice]​
Revenge killing something is just so satisfying. I get countless revenge kills with this set and it works as my scouter and offensive pivot. With a Choice Scarf and Hasty Nature I hit 519 Speed, that ties with Scarf Terrakion but those never stay in for fear of Mach Punch. With a movepool so vast I had trouble picking 4 moves that I thought would work the best. I'm very happy with the results of these 4 I have as of now. Close Combat is my oh so reliable power STAB, hits Tyranitar, Terrakion, Chansey, Blissey, etc. I liked the idea of a mixed revenger/sweeper so I picked Fire Blast as my second STAB. It gets the OHKO on Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Genesect, Scizor, Venusaur, Magnezone I can go on and on. Pretty much any time I scarf a pokemon I like it to have a scout move, U-Turn helps me considerably against Celebi who comes in to sponge a Close Combat. Hidden Power Ice rounds out my set nicely so that I revenge Landorus, Dragonite, Salamence and it gives me something to hit the birds if I'm forced to. For the IVs give it 30 HP and 30 Def so that you can get a base power 70 HP Ice without lowering speed to 518 and losing the Speed ties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im Uber Material (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
  • Outrage
  • Fire Punch
  • ExtremeSpeed
  • Earthquake

Hitting hard is what Dragonite does best, so why not make it even more effective with the massive power boost of Choice Band? Multiscale allows me to take almsot any hit from full health and hit bacck with my move of choice. Outrage is the broken base 120 power move that Dragonite almost always carries as its STAB. Outrage has so much power that most of the time I can just brute force my way through incoming resists. Fire Punch does exactly what you think it does, hit Ferrothorn, Forretress, Genesect, you get the drift. Extremespeed was explained before when I discussed its use on Lucario, however, I pretty much only run Extremespeed on this so that I can beat Mamoswine who is becoming popular on the high ladder. Earthquake nabs the OHKO on Jirachi, Tyranitar, Tentacruel, Heatran, pretty much anything weak to Ground is dying to this. There really isn't much that can be changed on this set, it's been the same since I was here nearly a year ago and it has bested time's attempts to take it down.​

Weed (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​

• Stealth Rock
  • Leaf Storm
  • U-turn
  • Earth Power

This is probably the most random and sporadic of all of my Pokemon on this team. It was specifically made to beat certain big threats to the team. Celebi has outstanding natural bulk so I only needed about 92 HP Ev's to add to it. The Speed EV's allow me outpace Adamant Lucario and Timid Heatran. The other 252 go into SATk to make use of my stong STAB and nab the OHKOs on Lucario and Heatran respectively. Modest nature is pretty much all I run on Celebi so why buck the trend now? I wanted something to set up Rocks and Celebi served that role pretty nicely. Leaf Storm has massive power coming off of STAB modest, it's a base 140 power move that has no equal as far as Celebi is concerned. U-Turn is my move that keeps my offensive flow going, I usually predict the times that Genesect is coming in and U-Turn out so I have switch advantage. it also gives me a way to damage other Celebis. Earth Power is what I use to hit Lucario, Heatran and Terrakion (I don't want to risk the miss and the -2 drop). If I had to change a Pokemon, this would most likely be my choice. It has a niche and it fills it, but not quite as well as I could hope.​

I'm Not Abused (Scizor) (F) @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd

• Bullet Punch
  • U-turn
  • Quick Attack
  • Superpower

I'm into doing some weird stuff with my sets, Scizor is kind of weird I guess you could say. I have tried other sets but nothing compares in my honest opinion. Chocie Band gives a major boost to any physical moves I use, and of course, Scizor likes to use that Technician boosted Bullet Punch. U-Turn is one of my strongest STAB moves and maintains offensive pressure. Now here's where things start to stray away from the normal. I've fallen in love with Quick Attack Scizor. waters and Fire types resist my main STAB move so I use this to stop them. It doesn't hit the hardest but it does get the Technician boost and is enough to knock out Volcarona after Rocks damage. I used to have Baton Pass here, but I dont know why I had that now that I think of it since I had U-Turn. So yea now I have Superpower lol. The EV's capitalize on Scizor's very workable bulk by adding to 236 HP EV's, 252 Atk is for obvious reasons, the 20 other Speed EV's help me speed creep FatToed.​

Code:
[CENTER]Dat Big Threat (Lucario) (F) @ Silk Scarf

[CENTER]Trait: Justified
[CENTER]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rotom-W @ Leftovers 

[CENTER]Trait: Levitate
[CENTER]EVs: 252 HP / 12 SAtk / 244 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Ice][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]On That Speed (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf

[CENTER]Trait: Blaze
[CENTER]EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Im Uber Material (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band

[CENTER]Trait: Multiscale
[CENTER]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Weed (Celebi) @ Leftovers

[CENTER]Trait: Natural Cure
[CENTER]EVs: 92 HP / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Earth Power[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]I'm Not Abused (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band

[CENTER]Trait: Technician
[CENTER]EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Superpower[/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

If you've managed to make it this far into my RMT, I commend you and might even give you a cookie if we ever meet. Drop a comment on the team and tell me how you like it. This team is very well suited to the current metagame, as I am still using it on the ladder and still rising in rank daily. I want to thank you all for reading my RMT, I hope you enjoyed reading it more than I enjoyed typing it all up. I'll leave you all with the Importable to try it out yourself. Best of luck!​

- Kody​

Well I don't know how to sum it up. B-E-A-UTIFUL! It's hard to keep up but you seem to have done a solid job with this team. Excellent job with the layout as well. No time to do a full review at the moment, but I'll host input when I do have the time. Nothing major stands out right away which is always good!

Well I don't know how to sum it up. B-E-A-UTIFUL! It's hard to keep up but you seem to have done a solid job with this team. Excellent job with the layout as well. No time to do a full review at the moment, but I'll host input when I do have the time. Nothing major stands out right away which is always good!
Thank you so much! I look forward to your input in the future.

Mosquiton

Tette
Nice team bro ^^

but Genesect RevengeKill 5/6 of your Poké if Nite's scale is break, imho can give HP Fire to Reniclus > ShadowBall so you can kill him

Nice team bro ^^

but Genesect RevengeKill 5/6 of your Poké if Nite's scale is break, imho can give HP Fire to Reniclus > ShadowBall so you can kill him
Thank you! When I'm facing a Genesect I usually predict what they're going to do, since it's pretty obvious if they're Choiced. That's when I take the opportunity to set up with one of my sweepers. However, I'll test out HP Fire on Reuniclus, it's much more reliable than Focus Blast.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
You're slightly specs toed weak (aren't we all? lol) so I'd advise putting either some more hp evs or some into sp def on celebi so you can tank a specs ice beam/a few specs hydro pumps! Also, keep in mind the power of stealth rocks, it can cripple your dragonite and its survivability of moves like hp ice/ice beam, if you let them set stealth rocks up use the free turn wisely or try to disallow them from getting it up! One of the most common hazard setters, deo-d, what do you lead against them?
This team looks great so far kody, but there are a few impovments that I think can make it better!
-a bud, Finch XD

You're slightly specs toed weak (aren't we all? lol) so I'd advise putting either some more hp evs or some into sp def on celebi so you can tank a specs ice beam/a few specs hydro pumps! Also, keep in mind the power of stealth rocks, it can cripple your dragonite and its survivability of moves like hp ice/ice beam, if you let them set stealth rocks up use the free turn wisely or try to disallow them from getting it up! One of the most common hazard setters, deo-d, what do you lead against them?
This team looks great so far kody, but there are a few impovments that I think can make it better!
-a bud, Finch XD
Hey Finch! Thanks for the rate. I would really like to find a good palce for a spinner on this team, however, I'm not sure where. I could put a Donphan on it that has Rapid Spin and Stealth Rocks but that would make me a bit weaker to Politoed. I'll have to do a bit of thinking on this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I meant to comment on this team earlier!

While I really like this team, I found that this team is pretty much Jirachi's bitch, and even Genesect's Bitch too if your opponent has rocks up, since 25% to ape is a LOT of damage, and add that to possible sand damage and Genesect's U-turn and the damage racks up. Also, Volcarona for me is somewhat annoying since only Dragonite can switch into it safely, and +1 Hurricane / HP Rock is a clean OHKO if they have rocks up. I feel like members on this team are hard to replace, as Reuniclus is a good counter to sun offense, and even though Reu and Celebi are the weakest link, you really need them for major metagame threats. Celebi has to wall rain and you have no other SR pokemon.

To assess these problems, I have a few nitpicks. I would certainly try Flare Blitz over Fire Blast; sure the mixed coverage is great, but, hitting Volcarona and Jirachi harder are really worth it. The only issue is the recoil + SR damage that will wear down Infernape. Not to mention its U-turning at every opportunity.

Another change I recommend you test is replacing Reuniclus for SR Terrakion. It's easily a better check to Volcarona, hit Jirachi for extra damage, can taunt other SR users from getting hazards up on Infernape, and it can take hits from Genesect better. The only problem is that you would have to weigh your options and use Terrakion wisely, since Sash variants don't last as long. However, considering your peak, I'm sure your smart enough to use it to its full extent. While the missed sun check is gone, your major priority abuse and Terrakion's natural ability to fend off sun (with SR and typing) you shouldn't have that many problems with sun. I recommend this set:

@ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe

~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt / Sandstorm

As I explained earlier, it more reliably gets rocks up on the field, and can just check a lot more threats better. I recommend you go for Taunt, but if you feel sun is that much of an issue, you can ultimately use sandstorm to check it further once they sack Ninetales. With this change, you can replace SR on Celebi for anything from Heal Bell to Recover, I would recommend HP Fire or HP Ice, but that's just me.

Overall; sexy team! Hope you get more active on Smogon!

Your Friend, Shurt

I meant to comment on this team earlier!

While I really like this team, I found that this team is pretty much Jirachi's bitch, and even Genesect's Bitch too if your opponent has rocks up, since 25% to ape is a LOT of damage, and add that to possible sand damage and Genesect's U-turn and the damage racks up. Also, Volcarona for me is somewhat annoying since only Dragonite can switch into it safely, and +1 Hurricane / HP Rock is a clean OHKO if they have rocks up. I feel like members on this team are hard to replace, as Reuniclus is a good counter to sun offense, and even though Reu and Celebi are the weakest link, you really need them for major metagame threats. Celebi has to wall rain and you have no other SR pokemon.

To assess these problems, I have a few nitpicks. I would certainly try Flare Blitz over Fire Blast; sure the mixed coverage is great, but, hitting Volcarona and Jirachi harder are really worth it. The only issue is the recoil + SR damage that will wear down Infernape. Not to mention its U-turning at every opportunity.

Another change I recommend you test is replacing Reuniclus for SR Terrakion. It's easily a better check to Volcarona, hit Jirachi for extra damage, can taunt other SR users from getting hazards up on Infernape, and it can take hits from Genesect better. The only problem is that you would have to weigh your options and use Terrakion wisely, since Sash variants don't last as long. However, considering your peak, I'm sure your smart enough to use it to its full extent. While the missed sun check is gone, your major priority abuse and Terrakion's natural ability to fend off sun (with SR and typing) you shouldn't have that many problems with sun. I recommend this set:

@ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe

~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt / Sandstorm

As I explained earlier, it more reliably gets rocks up on the field, and can just check a lot more threats better. I recommend you go for Taunt, but if you feel sun is that much of an issue, you can ultimately use sandstorm to check it further once they sack Ninetales. With this change, you can replace SR on Celebi for anything from Heal Bell to Recover, I would recommend HP Fire or HP Ice, but that's just me.

Overall; sexy team! Hope you get more active on Smogon!

Your Friend, Shurt
I don't know about changing Fire Blast right now, that mixed set is what Infernape is all about in my opinion. I'll give it a try though.

I like the idea of Terrakion, not sure which support move I'll use though. I can usually beat sun with smart play from Dragonite and such so Taunt looks like the better option right now. I'll do some testing and see what I come up with on that.

As far as Celebi goes, I'd prolly have to go with HP Fire on predicted Genesect switch ins.

Thanks again for the rate!

Hey I tried your team and I gotta say its amazing! One thing I would like to suggest is Pursuit over Quick Attack on your Scizor. Any Ghost/Psychic locked into their STAB moves can get a beating from a CB pursuit. I've found myself using it more than Quick Attack. Other than that, superb team!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
This isn't exactly a rate but, as you said you need rapid spinners that don't have a weakness to politoed; I have compiled some sets!!

haitharitro (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SDef / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

iSqueez (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

These can fit into your team as a defensive pivot or a tspike stacker with decent bulk! Test them if you get a shot, I'll add more pokes as I think of them.

This isn't exactly a rate but, as you said you need rapid spinners that don't have a weakness to politoed; I have compiled some sets!!

haitharitro (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SDef / 224 Spd
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

iSqueez (Tentacruel) (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

These can fit into your team as a defensive pivot or a tspike stacker with decent bulk!
Test them if you get a shot, I'll add more pokes as I think of them.
Thanks for the ideas Finch, your Tenta sparked an idea. I like to use Sub Toxic Tentacruel with just enough speed to outpace Mamoswine. Thoughts on that?

Hey I tried your team and I gotta say its amazing! One thing I would like to suggest is Pursuit over Quick Attack on your Scizor. Any Ghost/Psychic locked into their STAB moves can get a beating from a CB pursuit. I've found myself using it more than Quick Attack. Other than that, superb team!
I'm very very pleased to see that people are doing well with my team. I have considered Pursuit as well, one of my other friends suggested it too, so I might just try that out. Thank you for the suggestion and good luck with the team!

LO > Silk Scarf on Lucario. The x1.3 boost on all your attacks is superior to the x1.2 boost to just Extremespeed, and you'll need the boost from LO in order to OHKO physically defensive Skarmory/Forretress after Stealth Rock with Close Combat. You aren't really bluffing anything by using Silk Scarf seeing as Lucario never uses choice items, and the LO recoil is a non-issue since Lucario can't take un-resisted hits anyway.

LO > Silk Scarf on Lucario. The x1.3 boost on all your attacks is superior to the x1.2 boost to just Extremespeed, and you'll need the boost from LO in order to OHKO physically defensive Skarmory/Forretress after Stealth Rock with Close Combat. You aren't really bluffing anything by using Silk Scarf seeing as Lucario never uses choice items, and the LO recoil is a non-issue since Lucario can't take un-resisted hits anyway.
I used to use Life Orb on it, however, the recoil damage was annoying with hazards any what not on the field. I honestl'y haven't noticed much of a difference wihout it. I can do some calcs on it and see how much I actually need it. I was kinda split down the middle on it, you might have pushed me over the edge though.

Really cool team bro... I only see a little weakness to Special dragons, since that Scizor lacks a recovery and the power to threaten stuff like Lati@s, I suggest you to try the set above. You'll gain a way to deal with specs meteors and the possibility to have sort of a lategame sweeper after the death of heatran and other usual counters that you should keep under pressure with the rest of the offensive core. It's cool also to deal with enemy reuniclus and bluffing the choice itemer in the early game might turn the battle in your favor once you decide to setup. You'll lose the quick attack, but with 2 extremespeeders and scarfape it wouldn't be so bad. Let me know if it works ;)

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 192 SDef / 12 Spd
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Finchinator

-OUTL
OU Leader
Thanks for the ideas Finch, your Tenta sparked an idea. I like to use Sub Toxic Tentacruel with just enough speed to outpace Mamoswine. Thoughts on that?
Sounds like a good idea but, be sure to have enough bulk phsically invested into tentacruel!
Letting it outpace mamo (and dnite) will help with the wearing down while lucario/dragonite will finish them!

Only one problem, what to replace?

Sounds like a good idea but, be sure to have enough bulk phsically invested into tentacruel!
Letting it outpace mamo (and dnite) will help with the wearing down while lucario/dragonite will finish them!

Only one problem, what to replace?
Yep yep I got the idea of Speed on my tentacruel from TFL lol

Really cool team bro... I only see a little weakness to Special dragons, since that Scizor lacks a recovery and the power to threaten stuff like Lati@s, I suggest you to try the set above. You'll gain a way to deal with specs meteors and the possibility to have sort of a lategame sweeper after the death of heatran and other usual counters that you should keep under pressure with the rest of the offensive core. It's cool also to deal with enemy reuniclus and bluffing the choice itemer in the early game might turn the battle in your favor once you decide to setup. You'll lose the quick attack, but with 2 extremespeeders and scarfape it wouldn't be so bad. Let me know if it works ;)

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 192 SDef / 12 Spd
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
I've used bulky SDef SD before and I loved it to pieces, the only thing that I don't like is Magnezone after I set up. I can try it out on this team though. Thank you!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi, cool team you got here!

First off use Life Orb on Lucario over Silk Scarf. Silk Scarf does nothing to benefit Lucario that Life Orb can't, which makes him overall more weak as an offensive attacker. Lucario really needs it to break through the large walls it needs some extra power the break down, such as Skarmory. I also suggest trying out Flare Blitz over Fire Blast on Infernape to hit stuff more reliably such as Volcarona which gets destroyed by it under Sun.

Now you have quite the trouble with Tornadus - T, especially with rocks up. Nothing on your team can safely take. Hurricane without being outright 2HKO'd. Sadly Tornadus - T lacks surefire checks outside of a few, which limits your options greatly. You also have the sloght weakness of Gyarados, especially in rain who can do quite the number on every member on your team. It is for this reason I suggest using Specially Defensive Rotom-W over your current Reuniclus.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers | Levitate
Calm Nature | 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

Good luck!

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Celebi definitely has to be the weakest link to your team. With it being weak to U-turn and the immense popularity of pokemon like tornadus, Genesect and Scizor, you will have a tough time finding an opportunity to use Stealth Rock. It's especially difficult for Celebi to set up rocks and actually do something to contribute to your team.

One thing your Celebi did do to help your team out was it take on Rain threats (not named Tornadus) pretty well. If you replace it with a Deoxys with stealth rock and spikes, and your Reuniclus with Rotom-W, your team is less vulnerable to Tyranitar and you preserve your momentum with Rotom-W. Additionally, if you don't fodder off your Deoxys in the beginning you can always get a free switch by letting it die later on in the match.

Specially defensive Rotom-W will help you keep your momentum and with Infernape and Scizor's U-turn along with entry hazard support, it will pave the way for one of your pokemon to sweep the match. Rotom-W also helps you take on Tornadus, Politoed, and gives you a pokemon to take random scalds.

(Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Night Shade

- Taunt

Rotom-W @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Will-O-Wisp

12 SAtk ensures you OHKO Tornadus in rain after rocks

Celebi definitely has to be the weakest link to your team. With it being weak to U-turn and the immense popularity of pokemon like tornadus, Genesect and Scizor, you will have a tough time finding an opportunity to use Stealth Rock. It's especially difficult for Celebi to set up rocks and actually do something to contribute to your team.

One thing your Celebi did do to help your team out was it take on Rain threats (not named Tornadus) pretty well. If you replace it with a Deoxys with stealth rock and spikes, and your Reuniclus with Rotom-W, your team is less vulnerable to Tyranitar and you preserve your momentum with Rotom-W. Additionally, if you don't fodder off your Deoxys in the beginning you can always get a free switch by letting it die later on in the match.

Specially defensive Rotom-W will help you keep your momentum and with Infernape and Scizor's U-turn along with entry hazard support, it will pave the way for one of your pokemon to sweep the match. Rotom-W also helps you take on Tornadus, Politoed, and gives you a pokemon to take random scalds.

(Deoxys-D) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Night Shade

- Taunt

Rotom-W @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Will-O-Wisp

12 SAtk ensures you OHKO Tornadus in rain after rocks
Thanks for the rate! I'm getting the sense that Specially Defensive Rotom is definitly the way to go.

only thing i can say you should change Lucario`s ability to Inner Focus because Dark moves are rare and if you are gonna switch Lucario in on Tyranitar, its gonna use Pursuit anyways. its not like literally every pokemon with a dark move doesnt have a better move for Lucario.

With Inner Focus, Hax Jirachi cant screw with your team after Infernape goes down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)