Join Avenue

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Are there berries sold by the Florists that are only available by the Florist? I thought most of them were available on the Dream World by now.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With respect to competitive berries, a florist from a White 2 Trainer sells Salac berries at Rank 8. I don't believe those are available in the Dream World yet.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
With respect to competitive berries, a florist from a White 2 Trainer sells Salac berries at Rank 8. I don't believe those are available in the Dream World yet.
Good point. It's no Custap Berry, but it definitely has its uses.

Glad to have learnt that those Hard Stones are actually worth something now, lol.

The full range of competitive berries are all found at Rank 8 of the Florist's. White Florist vendors actually give out two berries to all of the other vendors who give out one and a type-resisting berry from that rank on, so the Florist certainly provides some competitive goods, with effectively an unlimited supply if you wanted them for uses outside of wireless battling where they are not consumed upon use.

I'm going to point out that you can resell Hard Stones to the ore collector for $500; this means that you can turn a profit on average, even if every single package contains a Hard Stone.
Counterpoint: You have to sell all of these.
One.
By.
One.

It gets pretty tedious once you have something like 50 of the damn things

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I haven't been able to buy anything from Join Avenue for the past two days, does anyone have any idea why?

To put it in context, I just changed the date on my DS yesterday.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Ah, I see.
But then how come I still can't buy today? Or must I wait until tomorrow?
And yet I can still buy the EV berries on Route 5. Weird.

Counterpoint: You have to sell all of these.
One.
By.
One.

It gets pretty tedious once you have something like 50 of the damn things
Ok, obviously this is a strong negative point, but you could watch a video on Youtube or something similar and simply mash the A Button whilst your watching it to sell your stash.

Level 51

I personally just got here ingame so I'm having trouble finding the purpose of Join Avenue or that Magnemite thing
It's pretty good for competitive training; it gives buyable levels, EV-training, EV-erasing, a bunch of pinch berries and some PP items. Plus it makes good profits :>

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Honestly, when you can make around $100,000 every time you defeat the Elite Four (which also happens to be the best power-leveling spot in the game), the little bit of money you make from selling items you get in Join Avenue to maniacs just isn't worth the time investment.

(On a side note, a level 100 Reshiram has zero problems soloing the Elite Four)

Ah, I see.
But then how come I still can't buy today? Or must I wait until tomorrow?
And yet I can still buy the EV berries on Route 5. Weird.
I have read in a Spanish forum that changing the hour or changing DS makes Join Avenue not be able to buy anything to the player. I will answer the solution as long they post a reliable answer. Try to avoid changing hour/DS until that.

I have read in a Spanish forum that changing the hour or changing DS makes Join Avenue not be able to buy anything to the player. I will answer the solution as long they post a reliable answer. Try to avoid changing hour/DS until that.
I changed my ds clock 3 months back to get some autumn-only items. (I mention this, to exclude the possibility of changing the time one day forward, which might make the game think I already had that day, so I am cheating.)So this is what I noticed: After you change it back, you can't buy anything that day and the day afterwards. (I never set the date of my DS forward, so not to the next day. Yet you still can't buy anything then) You will be able to buy things again the day after that. This is quite irritating though, but I guess it stops abuse by changing the Ds Clock. I have not found a solution to this yet, so I would avoid changing the DS clock altogether. Tell me if you CAN buy items the day after the day you changed the DS clock back. If so, I might be extremely unlucky with my game?

If this is indeed true, I think they wanted to stop people setting their DS clock to 11:59 (just before midnight), so that the date will flip when they just start the game. If so, it seems like they succeeded (unless you go cheating, I think.)

new here

hey hope its all right if i join the conversation i'm just glad i've found people who like join avenue just as much as me heres my stufffs
lvl 20 ave
lvl 8,7 shops
lvl 8,7 fitness
lvl 6 antique
lvl 7 raffle
lvl 6 hatch
lvl 8 kitchen
hope we can benefit for eachother!

Level 51

I haven't been able to buy anything from Join Avenue for the past two days, does anyone have any idea why?

To put it in context, I just changed the date on my DS yesterday.
Still haven't been able to buy anything from Join Avenue ;~;

This sucks

Just got my Avenue to Level 20 via heavy use of Magnemite Coil and regular DW trips.

Currently I have three Florists (B2, W1, W2), two Salons (B1/2 and W1/2), an Antique Store (B2), and a deli and dojo I'm not sure I'll keep.

I'd like to have an "optimized" Avenue, so I'm trying to get the Black version Florist. and I'll probably get another deli in place of the dojo. I'm a bit tempted to get rid of the salons, however, since their EV reduction won't happen if a Pokemon is at max happiness already =/

If you really need to use the salon, you could keep around a few of those bitter medicines to use on your pokemon.

First off, I want to express how much I less-than-three Join Avenue. =D

But yeah, don't change the time on your DS or you'll have to wait until midnight passes twice before items are available in their shops again. Found that out the hard way after RNG abusing stuff on Black 1.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all the shops can hold week-long promotions: for me it happened as soon as I raised all 8 of my shops to rank 10. During promotions, all the shops' prices are halved and raffles give you 2 prizes per day.

I'm probably not going to get those promotions for a while since I'm trying to go for the "100 Shops Opened" medal because I hate myself

On the bright side, a wonderful day for the Antique shops. A few shards, a Sacred Ash, and a thunderstone almost make me forget about the onslaught of Hard Stones

Honestly, when you can make around $100,000 every time you defeat the Elite Four (which also happens to be the best power-leveling spot in the game), the little bit of money you make from selling items you get in Join Avenue to maniacs just isn't worth the time investment.

(On a side note, a level 100 Reshiram has zero problems soloing the Elite Four)
Neither does a 100 Gardevoir

Rank 13 still a long way to go

Not looking forward to having to change the clock on the DS systems this weekend with the end of British Summer Time, so I'm quietly braced for less purchases from the avenues in the coming days.

A small, useful (if possibly known) tidbit that I wasn't aware of until today is that if you purchase items from a shop, and during the times you allocate visitors and it ranks up, you can actually buy all the items again, so it can be a way of getting more out of the avenue.

I'm also going to throw a question out connected to the Magnemite Coil; what countries do you find are the best to trade with? Obviously I'm sure a few of you will have places you possibly favour over others when your participating, that just work better in general. For example, I generally find that trading with Canada and Germany work well for me, but I'm discovering a few more countries that are just as nice to trade with because of options available, without feeling too worried that a trade will be done during my search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)