Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hey guys, I basically signed up solely for this thread, after lurking Smogon for years - but this is way too much fun for me to miss out on it.
I'm not quite confident enough to give out Scrambled 'mons yet, but I would like to start my own Scramble: Platinum, medium difficulty, but mostly I'm looking for something creative, with character (and possibly backstory), possibly including my starter and not too common critters for the rest of the team. I can trade over stuff from my SoulSilver.
Go crazy!
Hey there Ariel!

You can have SnoWorries the Snover. SnoWorries has had a really rough life. It isn't very tall and as such is used to other pokémon literally pissing all over it, thinking that it's a shrub. As a result, whenever a pokémon uses any attack that involves liquid against it, including any Water-type attack, and most poison ones, you have to baby it a little, which involves healing it with a Potion, so make sure you stock up. SnoWorries moves as little as possible, and as such can't learn Ice Shard, and must learn Ingrain. It must use Ingrain at the start of any trainer battle, as it's scared that a trained-owned pokémon might uproot it.

You can't evolve Snover unless you have no Water-type moves on the rest of your team. When it does eventually evolve, it realises that with its newfound size and power, it has nothing to fear from Water, and that water and piss are actually completely different substances. As a result, it must take on every water type you find, and learn Swagger (over Ingrain if you want). It has to use Swagger against Water-types before defeating them. Abomasnow can use Ice Shard.

Clarification on moveset rules:

Don't catch Snover on the peak of Mount Coronet, or it won't know Swagger. If you want to get rid of Swagger before you evolve, bear in mind that you'll have to use up a Heart Scale for it to remember it after evolving.
The Snovers on the way to Snowpoint City are between level 32 and 35, so will come with Mist, Ingrain, Swagger and Ice Shard.
You'll have Ice Shard but you can't use it as a Snover. Keep it if you want to use it later.

Note that you won't have any direct attacking moves you can use when you catch Snover and that three out of your four moves are (semi-)fixed and that Mist is the other. It'll learn Wood Hammer at level 36, and Blizzard at 41. You could also teach it a TM move over Mist, and when you evolve you'll be able to get rid of Ingrain.

Reserving for Ariel9

Take Doom the Houndour. Doom was once known by the much more amiable name of Reginald. One day, while he was out playing in the field, he heard screams and ripping noises from his home. He immediately rushed home, only to witness his parents and family dying at the hands(err.. I mean feathers) of a flock of Staraptor. Filled with rage, Reginald changed his name to 'Doom' and never looked back since.

Doom has a hatred for all flying type pokemon since. He must destroy all flying type pokemon he meets, not including wild pokemon. Since his teammate, Random the Togepi, evolves into a flying type, He has an extreme dislike for it, and thus cannot be used in a double battle together with it. He also hates his former name, as he sees it as a memory of his tortured past. You must attack all pokemon starting with 'R', excluding gym leaders and the E4.

Moveset requirements: Doom has since been unable to use normal type moves, since Staraptor are part normal. Doom cannot use the same move twice, as he is 'tormented'(lolololol). Doom must learn Payback ASAP, and when he has used it to defeat 15 flying Pokemon, he feels that revenge has been served, and he is set free of his torment.

In order to evolve, Doom must do some soul-searching and he does this by hunting the souls of Ghost pokemon. Therefore, Doom must solo Fantina. He feels that he must stop being 'dark-hearted', so he must do this without dark-type moves. He realizes that this isnt enough, and that he still needs to do more. As a result, he decides to try to stop being fuelled by rage and anger, and must solo Candice without any fire moves. After all this, he will be able to evolve.

GLHF!

(Hope this isnt too hard :P)

I'm going to start my Red version again, so I think I'll do a scramble rather than a Nuzlocke for a change! I can trade. Reasonably hard please. I don't mind not using my starting pokemon, but have a slight preference for Charmander if you'd like me to use one! Cheers m'dears.

Red Scramble:

Pokémon:

Bulbapedia the Bulbasaur

Bulbapedia revels in its awesomeness. It must solo Misty as a Bulbasaur to evolve to Ivysaur. It must learn the move Solar Beam to evolve to Venusaur. As a Venusaur, it must know and keep Solar Beam and Hyper Beam as two of its moves at all times, and it cannot use Hyper Beam in battle unless your battle style is set to "Set".

Opera the Jigglypuff

This Jigglypuff is a great singer, and must put all its opponents to sleep with Sing first.
Furthermore, this Jigglypuff is proud of itself, so it will only use level up moves.

Disco Feet the Ponyta

Must learn every level-up move, and no TMs. Must solo one gym to evolve. Must solo 2 E4 pokemon, and one of your rival's in the E4.

Forgetful the Slowpoke

While Forgetful can use Amnesia (and in fact, it needs to learn and never forget it), whenever it uses it, it ends up forgetting one of its other moves for five trainer battles.

Notes: Forgetful needs to participate in those battles for them to count. The move Forgetful forgets can be determined by using one of the following methods: rolling a die or going to an RNG (the one you used for Espeon65's challange will work just fine) and inputting 1 and 3. For the die, 1 and 4 mean you forget the first of the 3 moves, 2 and 5 correspond to the second, and 3 and 6 the third, and the same applies to the RNG, just ignore the mentions of 4, 5, and 6. Multiple uses of Amnesia stack, and the second move must be determined by a coin flip. Also, for some inexplicable reason, using any items (not called Poke Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, or Poke Flute) on Forgetful tends to cause the same effects as using Amnesia. Note: In the case of TMs and HMs, the move that would be temporarily forgotten cannot be Amnesia, the move Forgetful was just taught, or the move it forgot in place of said move. Also, because Forgetful forgot which Elite Four member used Fighting-types, the member it had the easiest time against and such wanted to solo, it took a random guess as to which one it was. As such, go to an RNG and put in the numbers 1 and 4. The number you get corresponds to which Elite Four member Forgetful must solo. Note: If you get an undesirable result, you can use the RNG again at the cost of one of Forgetful's non-Amnesia moves (again, RNGed) for the entire Pokemon League.

Awaiting two more pokémon.
You get Random the Gyarados!! First, you must BUY the magikarp from the salesman. As a magikarp, the only restriction is to evolve it ASAP. Upon evolution, however, you have a few things you'll have to do:

Once it evolves, roll a 6-sided die. What you get is what Level up move Random gets. 1 is the first Level up move and so on.
Flip a coin: If heads - Strength. If tails - Surf
Go to a RNG and input 21: Whatever number comes out, Look down the TM list from the top that Random can learn and follow that until you reach the move that matches the result. (EX. If you get 12, teach it Tbolt)
The last move is your choice.

Solo Giovanni, your rival's first and second non-starter poke every time (after you evolve), and Bruno. Have fun :D

My Heart Gold Scramble. (I still need five pokémon!)

My pokémon:

... the Chikorita

The three dots represent the feeling you will get using this pokémon.
Why, you ask? Because as it is one bulky critter, it does not want to kill its opponent with normal damaging moves. It can only learn one damaging move, and it must be magical leaf for obvious reasons.(you can use tackle until you learn it) Look at its leaves!!! Anyway, besides magical leaf, it can only learn supportive (non-damaging) moves. One of these has to be poison powder / toxic. As it feels really bulky and wants to show it off, he has to switch into any and all attacks your pokémon currently on the field will not be able to survive, as it wants to protect them from fainting.

To evolve for the first time, it must do so successfully 15 times (meaning it has to knock out the opponent you had to switch into). To evolve for the second time, it has to do so an additional 10 times, but knock the opponent out with only using poison powder / toxic (you can use other moves to support yourself in doing so, like synthesis)

Have it solo an elite four or the champion, it's your choice which one.
Bottoms Up the Corsola

Every time it tries to learn a level-up move, flip a coin; Heads, you MUST teach it that level-up move. Tails, it CANNOT learn that level-up move, even by TM. You may teach it any TM and HM move you want without restriction.
For your HG scramble, you get Fang the Zubat. Catch Fang ASAP. Obviously, Fang likes biting things, so you'll have to let him bite things.
1). Leech Life
2). Bite
3). Poison Fang
4). Giga Drain
5). Super Fang

If you Solo Clair Fang, you can learn one move of your choice in the place of any move you have.

Thanks guys, these are all GREAT challenges and I accept them all. Three down, three to go! I love Random the Togepi because as a kid playing Crystal I used to challenge myself to basically use Metronome as much as possible, so if you want to add a little more restrictions to that challenge, go ahead!
And I only just now realized I've never actually had a Pikachu in my team. Plus the dices are something I never played while playing Pokèmon. This is going to be so much fun.
Boosted difficulty? Ok, solo your Rival at all times after you have a move other than Metronome. Also, solo Aronn of the Elite 4. Note that during these solo's, one pokemon MUST be solo'd using ONLY Metronome.

@Ariel9 If I've counted right, you still need one more Pokémon. Take Bitchin' the Burmy. Now, remember, this is a Burmy, so it can go four ways.

As a Burmy, he must solo Gardenia in order to evolve. But, once it evolves, it is proud of gaining a new type, and so must only use moves of the Bug type and of the type it gains when it evolves. It must also solo one (1) gym leader or Elite Four member with a type advantage over this new type or Bug type in order to further increase its confidence, but it can't take the place of another Pokémon's solo.

Mothim: Byron (resistant), Candice, Volkner, Flint
Wormadam-Grass: Byron, Candice, Aaron, Flint
Wormadam-Ground: Wake, Candice, Flint
Wormadam-Steel: Maylene, Bertha, Flint

@Jangrafess Take Sleepy the Hoothoot. Sleepy is, in essence, sleepy. Sleepy may not have Insomnia as it's ability because it is sleepy. It must also learn and keep in its moveset (when possible) Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Rest. It may not learn Uproar.

Also, solo Morty to evolve because why not. :)

@Jangrafess (again) Take Terrible the Weedle (for your Red Scramble). Terrible has one restriction - he may not fight Psychic types because he's so scared of them, effectively killing his usefulness (hence his name). Good luck!

You get Random the Gyarados!! First, you must BUY the magikarp from the salesman. As a magikarp, the only restriction is to evolve it ASAP. Upon evolution, however, you have a few things you'll have to do:

Once it evolves, roll a 6-sided die. What you get is what Level up move Random gets. 1 is the first Level up move and so on.
Flip a coin: If heads - Strength. If tails - Surf
Go to a RNG and input 21: Whatever number comes out, Look down the TM list from the top that Random can learn and follow that until you reach the move that matches the result. (EX. If you get 12, teach it Tbolt)
The last move is your choice.

Solo Giovanni, your rival's first and second non-starter poke every time (after you evolve), and Bruno. Have fun :D

For your HG scramble, you get Fang the Zubat. Catch Fang ASAP. Obviously, Fang likes biting things, so you'll have to let him bite things.
1). Leech Life
2). Bite
3). Poison Fang
4). Giga Drain
5). Super Fang

If you Solo Clair Fang, you can learn one move of your choice in the place of any move you have.
Thanks! I rolled for the Gyarados moveset already so that I have some time to think about the fourth slot. I got lucky on Surf but not so lucky on the other two moves - Leer and Substitute! Subs means I have to sit in the fucking Game Corner for however many years that takes, or waste all my money on coins. Exciting!

@Jangrafess Take Sleepy the Hoothoot. Sleepy is, in essence, sleepy. Sleepy may not have Insomnia as it's ability because it is sleepy. It must also learn and keep in its moveset (when possible) Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Rest. It may not learn Uproar.

Also, solo Morty to evolve because why not. :)
Cheers! edit: more time in the game corner for Rest, dear god. edit2: Oh, I can also get the Rest TM by delivering Spearow to the guy outside Dark Cave. Phew.

One more pokémon for my Red version please, everyone! I'll get started in the morning if someone supplies me with my last team member.

Guys, as much as I liked your challenges (see here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4459259&postcount=6503), they were frighteningly hard on Challenge Mode. I got to Elesa with a team of Swadloon, Whirlipede, and a massively restricted Magic Guard Solosis before I called it quits. So, I'm going to ask for another group of six Pokémon (once again, sorry guys).

Rules:
-White 2
-Medium-Hard (but possible)
-Challenge Mode
-I'll use a Starter this time to help with the difficulty (I'd love a Tepig :3)
-Only In-Game Catchable Pokémon (but I do have access to trading)
-I'll allow for "kill X number of Pokémon" challenges this time.
-I would prefer one-word nicknames so I can sleep at night.

Current Pokémon:
You get Wannabe the Minccino. This Minccino has heard that a really powerful Minccino resides somewhere in Unova and desperately wants to be that good. However, living in the desert, it doesn't get that chance until you come along. It's heard that the famous Minccino never misses when it uses Doubleslap, Tail Slap, Bullet Seed or Rock Blast, and it really wants to emulate that achievement, so you have to teach it all three moves at the earliest opportunity.

It has to solo any other Minccino or Cinccino it comes across, apart from the one in the Hidden Grotto on Route 5. You aren't allowed in there. Full stop. To find out whether or not it's the strongest Minccino that has ever existed it must solo three of Ghetsis' pokémon in the final battle with him.

(Catch Minccino on Route 4. It gets Tail Slap at level 25 and Rock Blast and Bullet Seed by Heart Scale after you evolve it. The fourth move can be whatever you like. You have to use Doubleslap until you get Tail Slap.)
So, Inanimate Blob, take GreenBlob the Solosis
This Solosis is much different from the last one. In fact, it is quite good. Teach it calm mind and recover and psychic as early as possible, to as closely as possible resemble the onsite analysis. The other move is up to you. It is a bit yealous of other green pokemon, so it wants to kill all of them, trainer owned and wild if you encounter them. For reference http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color#Green. (it aren"t as much, so don't worry about soloing thousands of pokemon with GreenBlob)Kill 10 of them to be able to evolve the first time. Kill 10 more and solo any gymleader of your choice to evolve the second time.

PS: If I went to easy on you, I'll adjust the difficulty a bit.
edit: as it was a bit to easy, you have to solo Caithlin again, because it simply must be the best psychic poke out there!
Other than that, it absolutely hates dark types, so have it solo 2 of the dark-type elite four's pokemon (liepard on its own is way too easy)
GL and please be able to finish your scramble, we love to here from you how they were.

inanimate blob, take an Eevee, caught in Castelia City. Your eeveelution is determined by the amount of money and the time stamp on your save file when you capture Eevee!

When you capture it, immediately save your game. Then, take the minutes of your timer when you save (if your save time is 5:31, take the number 31), multiply it by the amount of money you have, divide the whole thing by 7, and figure out your remainder.

If remainder = 0, evolve to Vaporeon
If remainder = 1, evolve to Flareon
If remainder = 2, evolve to Jolteon
If remainder = 3, evolve to Espeon
If remainder = 4, evolve to Umbreon
If remainder = 5, evolve to Glaceon (you will need to trade to BW1 for this)
If remainder = 6, evolve to Leafeon (you will need to trade to BW1 for this)

No matter the result, your Eevee can only learn level-up moves. No TM, HM, or Tutor moves.

For example, if you have $12345 money when you capture Eevee, and your save time is 5:31, you take 31, multiply it by 12345, and divide by 7, and you get a remainder of 5, which means you would evolve Eevee to Glaceon.

Ok, take Soul the Woobat. This Woobat's goal is rather Simple, but its contrary to what you may think.

Swoobat may not use moves that trainers take for granted. It wishs to show you that it can still be powerful without being thw steriotyped creature:
1). Heart Stamp
2). Attract
3). Calm Mind
4). Air Slash
5). Psychic
6). Endeavor
7). Roost
8). Stored Power
9). Giga Drain
10). Heat Wave
11). Magic Coat
12). Sky Attack
13). Super Fang
14). Zen Headbutt
15). Psyshock
16). Toxic
17). Protect
18). Light Screen
19). Safeguard
20). Return
21). Shadow Ball
22). Double Team
23). Reflect
24). Energy Ball
25). Charge Beam
26). Acrobatics
27). Fly

Now, you'll have to solo Marlon because that guy has soul!! However, before you can do that, you have to gain power (evolve). To that, you have to solo all the gym trainers in Burgh's gym without going to a pokecenter/PC.

After that, solo the only other being with soul in Unova: E4 Marshal. Good Luck!!

Blob, you feel sorry for rejecting Pat the Patrat as that's one of the common lines?

How about Felix/Felicity the Purrloin? The only moves it can use are the following: involve claws, Dark type, Assist, and Fake Out. Solo Cheren. Once you get to the Elite Four, solo Shauntal. If you're going for the rematch, solo Shauntal again.

InanimateBlob, take GameFreak the Tepig.

This Tepig feels sorry for Flareon and its lack of strong stab, so refuses to use any STAB move better than Fire Fang. It feels angry at GameFreak for its mistyping everywhere, so cannot use SE moves against pokemon withoutd dragon or flying or steel type. Lastly, it must solo all pokemon in OU unless other challenge conflicts.

If it's too hard, get rid of the last restriction.

Guys, as much as I liked your challenges (see here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4459259&postcount=6503), they were frighteningly hard on Challenge Mode. I got to Elesa with a team of Swadloon, Whirlipede, and a massively restricted Magic Guard Solosis before I called it quits. So, I'm going to ask for another group of six Pokémon (once again, sorry guys).

Rules:
-White 2
-No Starter so I need at least one Pokémon before the first gym
Aw, sorry it was impossible man! How was the Venipede? (Just so I can get some idea of difficulty level for next time I issue a challenge?)

You get Wannabe the Minccino. This Minccino has heard that a really powerful Minccino resides somewhere in Unova and desperately wants to be that good. However, living in the desert, it doesn't get that chance until you come along. It's heard that the famous Minccino never misses when it uses Doubleslap, Tail Slap, Bullet Seed or Rock Blast, and it really wants to emulate that achievement, so you have to teach it all three moves at the earliest opportunity.

It has to solo any other Minccino or Cinccino it comes across, apart from the one in the Hidden Grotto on Route 5. You aren't allowed in there. Full stop. To find out whether or not it's the strongest Minccino that has ever existed it must solo three of Ghetsis' pokémon in the final battle with him.

(Catch Minccino on Route 4. It gets Tail Slap at level 25 and Rock Blast and Bullet Seed by Heart Scale after you evolve it. The fourth move can be whatever you like. You have to use Doubleslap until you get Tail Slap.)

Rules:
-White 2
-Challenge Mode
-No Starter so I need at least one Pokémon before the first gym

Current Pokémon:
Please tell me HOW difficult my challenge was, so I can get to know the difficulties of the challenges I give out better. Anyway, I'll try to give you a medium challenge, but as I think you deserve a new change with solosis, here is a much trimmed down version of it (as you didn't use it long, so I feel it deserves a second chance):

So, Inanimate Blob, take GreenBlob the Solosis
This Solosis is much different from the last one. In fact, it is quite good. Teach it calm mind and recover and psychic as early as possible, to as closely as possible resemble the onsite analysis. The other move is up to you. It is a bit yealous of other green pokemon, so it wants to kill all of them, trainer owned and wild if you encounter them. For reference http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color#Green. (it aren"t as much, so don't worry about soloing thousands of pokemon with GreenBlob)Kill 10 of them to be able to evolve the first time. Kill 10 more and solo any gymleader of your choice to evolve the second time.

PS: If I went to easy on you, I'll adjust the difficulty a bit.
edit: as it was a bit to easy, you have to solo Caithlin again, because it simply must be the best psychic poke out there!
Other than that, it absolutely hates dark types, so have it solo 2 of the dark-type elite four's pokemon (liepard on its own is way too easy)
GL and please be able to finish your scramble, we love to here from you how they were.

Come on guys, just one more pokémon for my Red Scramble and two for my HeartGold one. I'm off out now and I hope to see it there when I come back tonight so that tomorrow's train journey isn't too hellish!

Alright, Jagrafess, I'll finish off your Red team for ya~

You get Fly the Pidgey. Fly has heard that a Pidgey's true purpose in life is to transport it's owner around the land, and it's a fate that it couldn't be more pleased with. As soon as possible, teach it Fly. At this point, it may evolve into a Pidgeotto. However, from then on, Fly wants only one thing in life: to use the move Fly. It refuses to use any other moves in battle. If it solos Blaine, however, it can finally evolve into a Pidgeot. At this stage, it realizes there's more to life than using Fly. It can finally use other moves when battling. Also, it refuses to fly you off of Cinnabar Island cuz it just doesn't feel like it, man.

Good luck, have fun~

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I won't get to it anytime soon, but I'm looking for a fun challenge to tackle.

- Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
- N/A since you cannot trade until you beat the game
- Hard but not insane
- I'm really only looking for a challenge utilizing unconventional Pokemon, so no "it must hold this item", "kill things in a specific way", or "it must have X move". You may, however, require me to use certain Pokemon on specific fights. Please don't make it too crazy like "you may only use six Hoppips" or mono-type. I would prefer at least 2/3 Shadow Pokemon because I'd rather not deal with RNG. Finally, I would prefer people who have actually played the game or are highly familiar with it to give the challenge criteria. I love this game to death, but I've already done shit like a Swalot/Sableye clear so I'm looking for something new :)

Oh, and due to the nature of the game, at least one Pokemon must have a sleep move

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Age of Kings, name your Eevee Reluctant. You may not evolve your Eevee until it proves itself and solos ten Shadow Pokemon. These Pokemon may not be used in your run through the game.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
inanimate blob, take an Eevee, caught in Castelia City. Your eeveelution is determined by the amount of money and the time stamp on your save file when you capture Eevee!

When you capture it, immediately save your game. Then, take the minutes of your timer when you save (if your save time is 5:31, take the number 31), multiply it by the amount of money you have, divide the whole thing by 7, and figure out your remainder.

If remainder = 0, evolve to Vaporeon
If remainder = 1, evolve to Flareon
If remainder = 2, evolve to Jolteon
If remainder = 3, evolve to Espeon
If remainder = 4, evolve to Umbreon
If remainder = 5, evolve to Glaceon (you will need to trade to BW1 for this)
If remainder = 6, evolve to Leafeon (you will need to trade to BW1 for this)

No matter the result, your Eevee can only learn level-up moves. No TM, HM, or Tutor moves.

For example, if you have $12345 money when you capture Eevee, and your save time is 5:31, you take 31, multiply it by 12345, and divide by 7, and you get a remainder of 5, which means you would evolve Eevee to Glaceon.

Alright, Jagrafess, I'll finish off your Red team for ya~

You get Fly the Pidgey. Fly has heard that a Pidgey's true purpose in life is to transport it's owner around the land, and it's a fate that it couldn't be more pleased with. As soon as possible, teach it Fly. At this point, it may evolve into a Pidgeotto. However, from then on, Fly wants only one thing in life: to use the move Fly. It refuses to use any other moves in battle. If it solos Blaine, however, it can finally evolve into a Pidgeot. At this stage, it realizes there's more to life than using Fly. It can finally use other moves when battling. Also, it refuses to fly you off of Cinnabar Island cuz it just doesn't feel like it, man.

Good luck, have fun~
Thanks! I'm all ready to go then. :D I'll report back on Sunday when I'm back from my weekend away. Just realised that Ponyta needs to solo a gym leader to evolve, Pidgeotto needs to solo Blaine to evolve, and Gyarados has to solo Giovanni. So that means either Ponyta or Pidgeotto have to solo Blaine, and that only one of them can evolve. Interesting. I'll have to see how things are going at that point in the game.

Rules:
-White 2
-Challenge Mode
-I'll use a Starter this time to help with the difficulty (I'd love a Tepig :3)
-I would prefer one-word nicknames so I can sleep at night.

Current Pokémon:

Ok, take Soul the Woobat. This Woobat's goal is rather Simple, but its contrary to what you may think.

Swoobat may not use moves that trainers take for granted. It wishs to show you that it can still be powerful without being thw steriotyped creature:

1). Heart Stamp
2). Attract
3). Calm Mind
4). Air Slash
5). Psychic
6). Endeavor
7). Roost
8). Stored Power
9). Giga Drain
10). Heat Wave
11). Magic Coat
12). Sky Attack
13). Super Fang
14). Zen Headbutt
15). Psyshock
16). Toxic
17). Protect
18). Light Screen
19). Safeguard
20). Return
21). Shadow Ball
22). Double Team
23). Reflect
24). Energy Ball
25). Charge Beam
26). Acrobatics
27). Fly

Now, you'll have to solo Marlon because that guy has soul!! However, before you can do that, you have to gain power (evolve). To that, you have to solo all the gym trainers in Burgh's gym without going to a pokecenter/PC.

After that, solo the only other being with soul in Unova: E4 Marshal. Good Luck!!

Blob, you feel sorry for rejecting Pat the Patrat as that's one of the common lines?

How about Felix/Felicity the Purrloin? The only moves it can use are the following: involve claws, Dark type, Assist, and Fake Out. Solo Cheren. Once you get to the Elite Four, solo Shauntal. If you're going for the rematch, solo Shauntal again.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for inanimate blob. :>

edit: I withdraw my reservation, because (1) Bulbapedia is down and (2) I can't think of anything :(

Thanks! I'm all ready to go then. :D I'll report back on Sunday when I'm back from my weekend away. Just realised that Ponyta needs to solo a gym leader to evolve, Pidgeotto needs to solo Blaine to evolve, and Gyarados has to solo Giovanni. So that means either Ponyta or Pidgeotto have to solo Blaine, and that only one of them can evolve. Interesting. I'll have to see how things are going at that point in the game.
You should be able to skip Sabrina, or Surge (though you wouldn't be able to Fly, ironically), and still get to Cinnabar (iirc). You could battle either afterwards and solo them with Ponyta~

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whee James Bond references in the title...

Jangafress gets (For Heart Gold) Wannabe the Scyther.

Wannabe is basically a Wannabe, but why? Because it wants to be a good Technician user, despite having the Swarm Ability. Wannabe wants to have all of its moves having 60 BP or less, and it does not want to become a Scizor, because it is afraid that evolution will ruin its ability to use its moves effectively. Furthermore, Wannabe wants to prove to you that its Technician skills are up to scratch, by soloing 2 Gym Leaders/E4 Members. Perhaps then, you will see it as a true Technician user, even if it does not have the ability.

-Wannabe the Scyther
-No evolution
-Must have the Ability: Swarm
-All of the moves it has must have 60 BP or less
-Must solo 2 Gym Leader/E4 Members

Have fun.

Great, challenges accepted! My scramble is ready to start then!

Satoshi's Pikachu
your character's name shall be Satoshi the Male Pokemon Trainer.

You get Piplup for your starter. However! As soon as possible, you must trade Piplup for a level 5 male Pikachu, and use THAT as your starter instead! Pikachu must always be the highest level Pokemon in your party until you receive Random the Togepi. To prove its worth, Pikachu must solo Roark, even if it means it is disobedient! Pikachu may not equip a Light Ball unless you have 7 gym badges, and Pikachu may only evolve to Raichu after receiving 8 gym badges.

Random the Togepi
1). Learn Metronom ASAP.
2). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP.
3). Use Metronome first when it enters battle.

Ok, with the basic requirements out of the way, I will let you in on the more advanced requirements:

Solo your rival in front of the Water Gym to evolve once. Solo one of his pokemon with Metronome only.

To evolve a second time, solo a Gym leader of your choice. One of his/her mon's must be solo'd with metronome only.
Boosted difficulty: solo your Rival at all times after you have a move other than Metronome. Also, solo Aronn of the Elite 4. Note that during these solo's, one pokemon MUST be solo'd using ONLY Metronome.

Luxord the Onix
you get Luxord the Onix at the Oreburgh Mine. Luxord is a character from the series Kingdom Hearts, and is the master of cards and dice. (Cards are difficult to base a challenge on, so I'll go with the dice)
This Onix can learn any attack it wants, so the challenge will not be there. However, sturdy wants to show it is sturdy and therefore it wants to participate in all 8 gyms. As soon as you enter a gym, take a six-sided dice and roll it once. The number you get is the number of pokemon you have to solo in that gym.

To evolve, you must survive a super effective special attack crit and afterwards roll a six on your dice.

As a Steelix, when you evolved Onix, it gets really obsessed with dices. Everytime it wants to attack, roll the dice. You have to use the corresponding action against the opponent until you or it faints. Repeat this for every new opponent. The corresponding actions are:

1: top left attack
2: top right attack
3: bottom left attack
4: bottom right attack
5: switch out
6: do anything you like

Bitchin' the Burmy
As a Burmy, he must solo Gardenia in order to evolve. But, once it evolves, it is proud of gaining a new type, and so must only use moves of the Bug type and of the type it gains when it evolves. It must also solo one (1) gym leader or Elite Four member with a type advantage over this new type or Bug type in order to further increase its confidence, but it can't take the place of another Pokémon's solo.

Mothim: Byron (resistant), Candice, Volkner, Flint
Wormadam-Grass: Byron, Candice, Aaron, Flint
Wormadam-Ground: Wake, Candice, Flint
Wormadam-Steel: Maylene, Bertha, Flint

SnoWorries the Snover
SnoWorries has had a really rough life. It isn't very tall and as such is used to other pokémon literally pissing all over it, thinking that it's a shrub. As a result, whenever a pokémon uses any attack that involves liquid against it, including any Water-type attack, and most poison ones, you have to baby it a little, which involves healing it with a Potion, so make sure you stock up. SnoWorries moves as little as possible, and as such can't learn Ice Shard, and must learn Ingrain. It must use Ingrain at the start of any trainer battle, as it's scared that a trained-owned pokémon might uproot it.

You can't evolve Snover unless you have no Water-type moves on the rest of your team. When it does eventually evolve, it realises that with its newfound size and power, it has nothing to fear from Water, and that water and piss are actually completely different substances. As a result, it must take on every water type you find, and learn Swagger (over Ingrain if you want). It has to use Swagger against Water-types before defeating them. Abomasnow can use Ice Shard.

Clarification on moveset rules:

Don't catch Snover on the peak of Mount Coronet, or it won't know Swagger. If you want to get rid of Swagger before you evolve, bear in mind that you'll have to use up a Heart Scale for it to remember it after evolving.
The Snovers on the way to Snowpoint City are between level 32 and 35, so will come with Mist, Ingrain, Swagger and Ice Shard.
You'll have Ice Shard but you can't use it as a Snover. Keep it if you want to use it later.

Note that you won't have any direct attacking moves you can use when you catch Snover and that three out of your four moves are (semi-)fixed and that Mist is the other. It'll learn Wood Hammer at level 36, and Blizzard at 41. You could also teach it a TM move over Mist, and when you evolve you'll be able to get rid of Ingrain.

Doom the Houndour
Doom was once known by the much more amiable name of Reginald. One day, while he was out playing in the field, he heard screams and ripping noises from his home. He immediately rushed home, only to witness his parents and family dying at the hands(err.. I mean feathers) of a flock of Staraptor. Filled with rage, Reginald changed his name to 'Doom' and never looked back since.

Doom has a hatred for all flying type pokemon since. He must destroy all flying type pokemon he meets, not including wild pokemon. Since his teammate, Random the Togepi, evolves into a flying type, He has an extreme dislike for it, and thus cannot be used in a double battle together with it. He also hates his former name, as he sees it as a memory of his tortured past. You must attack all pokemon starting with 'R', excluding gym leaders and the E4.

Moveset requirements: Doom has since been unable to use normal type moves, since Staraptor are part normal. Doom cannot use the same move twice, as he is 'tormented'(lolololol). Doom must learn Payback ASAP, and when he has used it to defeat 15 flying Pokemon, he feels that revenge has been served, and he is set free of his torment.

In order to evolve, Doom must do some soul-searching and he does this by hunting the souls of Ghost pokemon. Therefore, Doom must solo Fantina. He feels that he must stop being 'dark-hearted', so he must do this without dark-type moves. He realizes that this isnt enough, and that he still needs to do more. As a result, he decides to try to stop being fuelled by rage and anger, and must solo Candice without any fire moves. After all this, he will be able to evolve.

I'll probably use this post for updates to not disrupt the thread. Thanks guys, hope you'll hear from me soon with news.

InanimateBlob, take GameFreak the Tepig.

This Tepig feels sorry for Flareon and its lack of strong stab, so refuses to use any STAB move better than Fire Fang. It feels angry at GameFreak for its mistyping everywhere, so cannot use SE moves against pokemon withoutd dragon or flying or steel type. Lastly, it must solo all pokemon in OU unless other challenge conflicts.

If it's too hard, get rid of the last restriction.

Thanks for the Scyther, Its_A_Random!

Red Scramble update:

My name is Sarel and my rival is called Murdoch. So far everything's been fine on the whole, apart from a few surprises about how weak unevolved pokémon are. It's been a while since I went through a game without evolving my pokémon at the earliest opportunity, so having Pidgey and Bulbasaur in Mount Moon rather than Pidgeotto and Ivysaur was a bit of an eye opener, especially considering I was having to switch them into almost every battle in order to get Magikarp and Jigglypuff the experience they need to be anything other than completely useless. Magikarp is currently level 16, but I've found two Rare Candies, so I'll probably use those when it hits level 18, as one of the rules is that I have to evolve it as quickly as possible. Jigglypuff is an odd one. If Sing works, it's incredibly valuable and can usually finish whatever I'm fighting off by itself, even though it only knows Pound as an attacking move. If Sing misses it gets KO'd really quickly.

Pidgey is my MVP so far, as through Mount Moon I only encountered about four Geodudes, one Paras and one Clefairy - the rest were all Zubat, who destroys Bulbasaur with Leech Life but only does 1 hit point of damage to Pidgey. Brock was piss easy; I did him in with two Vine Whips before proceeding.

I'm in Cerulean City now, wondering whether the rule about soloing my rivals first and second non-starter pokémon applies to Magikarp before it evolves. If it does I'm going to have to do some serious grinding in the patch of grass just west of the city before I can take him on. Hopefully Bulbasaur will be a high enough level by then to solo Misty and evolve into Ivysaur.

Team:

Bulbapedia the Bulbasaur

Level 20.

-Vine Whip
-Tackle
-Leech Seed
-Poisonpowder

Opera the Jigglypuff

Level 16

-Sing
-Pound
-Disable

Fly the Pidgey

Level 21

-Quick Attack
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Whirlwind

Random the Magikarp

Level 16

-Splash
-Tackle

So...I'm kinda wanting to go back to Gen 1 again. What better way than to try something new?

Because this is my first Scramble, I'd like some Medium difficulty challenges, please don't make them too easy, though. Personally, I'd like to play with Bulbasaur, but I'm open to using Charmander or Squirtle as my starter, too.

Game: Pokemon Red, because its the first one I obtained.

The more creative the challenge, the more I'll want to use it. Same goes for a backstory. A good backstory will make me want to accept slightly harder challenges than usual.

Hey Alice, you can have Tentacalm the Tentacruel.

Tentacalm isn't your average Tentacruel. It refuses to essentialise any of the characteristics that have given it its species name and instead wants to be recognised as a paradigm of goodness in the pokémon world. It wants to help you out as much as possible, and so learns both Cut and Surf as soon as you catch it and uses them both whenever you see a cuttable tree or a body of water that needs crossing.

It also refuses to use any of the techniques that the giant Tentacruel at Hatoba Port used when it ransacked the city along with its army of Tentacool, so it can't use Constrict, Wrap, Surf (in battle), Rage or Supersonic at any point. Also, because Nastina, the woman who aggravated the giant Tentacruel into attacking the port, resembles Agatha, Tentacalm refuses to fight any of her pokémon.

It also holds a grudge against Team Rocket, as the force that created the giant Tentacruel, so it must solo Giovanni every time you meet him after catching Tentacalm.

To evolve, Tentacalm must be switched out of battle with wild Tentacool fifteen times, so that it learns that not all Tentacool are prone to violence.

Alice in Strings gets Piercer the Beedrill. Naturally, you have to evolve it, though...But you must have a Beedrill before you hit Route 3.

Piercer is your typical Beedrill; Slow, good early game, terrible late game, but that does not stop Piercer from trying to achieve glory! Piercer, as its name suggests, like to try & pierce things as much as possible, & Piercer achieves this through using only multi-hit moves as attacking moves. Piercer also wants to prove to you that it knows what it is doing, & that its attacking style is definitely worth looking at. So it wants to do this by soloing two Gym Leaders. Maybe then you can realise how good Beedrill can be.

-Piercer the Beedrill
-Must have Beedrill before you hit Route 3
-From the moment it learns Fury Attack (Which you must teach), the only attacking moves it may use in battle are attacks that hit more than once (Fury Attack, Twineedle, Pin Missile)
-Must solo 2 Gym Leaders

Have fun. The two GL requirement is pretty easy if other challenges allow, but w/e.

In a time before time, when the world was just starting to stablize, there was a vast predatory network of "Saurs."

Saurs were small, toad-like creatures that utilized ambush tactics to take down their prey. They were the wolves of the late Cretcacous and they knew it.

Millions of years of Evolution made them stronger than most creatures of ther size. That all changed, however, when a large comet crashed into the planet's surface in what is known as the Giant Chasm today. This impact killed millions of species of plants and launched the spores of of many others thousands of miles in every direction.

One such spore came from the Kumlious Puppetize, more comonly known as "Bulba's Puppet" named so after Professor Bulba Juniper who isolated the spore's DNA during a study of pokemon-to-plant physiology.

This spore was inhaled through the airways of the Saur species and took root in their lungs. They grew throughout the host'd body, mutating them into half plant creatures. The mutations caused their natural speed and agility to be hampered as their legs became slanted and stumped. A bulb grew on their backs, increasing their weight and attracting predators who were originally prey to them, such as Heracross. Eventually, this parasitic plant became symbiotic with the animal and began offering defense in the form of deadly spores and cutting leaves.

Fortuantly for the other animals, the new Bulbasaur was now a peaceful herbavoir instead of a vicious predator.

Ok, now, I think you know what you will be using, but I'll tell you anyway: Bulbasaur.

This Bubasaur has its genetic code's crossed and believes its a predator like its ancestors. It must use its new body in order to capture prey and devour them.

Learn Vine Whip in order to hold prey down and deliver the killing blow. Sleep Powder will be used to take down larger prey. Body Slam in order to crush the bones of prey and allow you to drink their body fluids. Rest because you require strength to kill your prey.

This Bulbasaur remembers the pretadors that were once prey. Solo the entire grass Gym.

Name this Bulbasaur Ancient because this is a being who is trapped in the future, but belongs in the past.

Alice in Strings,
take a Clefairy named Cinderella from MT. MOON
Cinderella thinks she's a princess so she hates getting dirty.
Therefore, she refuses to use physical attacks, and won't fight any poison, bug,
rock, or ground pokemon. She must be switched out, BUT only after taking a hit to show her.. princess-ness... idk.
BUT towards the middle (5th gym) (so everything above besides the physical moves only goes to crap), she realizes it's her duty as princess to cleanse her kingdom and must use a water type move (either bubble or watergun idk of any others she could learn) against every poison, bug, rock, and ground type pokemon she meets. AND only water type moves.
She can evolve whenever you want, and she must solo all of koga's gym but cannot be used against Koga himself, for no reason... meh.
have fun!

Stellar was born into an elite Vaporeon family presiding over a group of Pikachu servants, and learned all their nature-loving ways. But when s/he was still very small, its family offended some Belossom and Vileplume who promptly came in and slaughtered them all with Petal Dance after sprinkling Speel Powder in their food. Stellar managed to escape because two of her friend Pikachu distracted the grass-types with an attack while Stellar sneaked out the side. With the help of an Eldarly Pachirisu, it sneaked itself onto a boat to Viridian city, where it got lost.

Stellar must solo all Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume not owned by the gym trainers, must evolve to Jolteon, and must use only moves it can learn somehow in Gen4. You may not heal Ancient while Stellar is not KOd, as it hates all Grass types now, especially the predator ones. Lastly, it must learn flash and use it first when facing water types, as it wants to show off its talent to its family, however distant they may be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)