Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Cannot get on Pokemon Showdown anymore!

Hi. I am having trouble getting on pokemon showdown.
This only started happening earlier today.

I am using Google Chrome and my username on pokemon showdown is RetroGameGuy. My operating system is Windows 7.

Showdown was working just fine and i tried to delete a team. as soon as i deleted the team it deleted every team instead of just the one i selected to delete. whenever i clicked on something nothing happened so i tried going out of teambuilder and back to the lobby. then i couldnt do anything at all and nothing was working. i tried going off and back on but this happened:

Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to login server... DONE
Connecting to Showdown server... DONE
Joining Showdown server...

Its stuck on Joining Showdown server! it just sits there and nothing happens! i tried restarting my computer but the same thing still happens. i tried it with internet explorer and it works fine but i hate every browser other than google chrome so i definitely dont want to go on internet explorer just to go on showdown. this could be something to do with me clearing my google chrome history but i cant remember what time i did that. please help!

UPDATE: I tried deleting everything possible to do with my history and now it works!

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Firefox
4. Yesterday
5. The Fu31g0 Man
6. I manage to play 10 or 20 minutes and later the message comes of reconnecting and I try to enter again which does not leave me to enter for 3 hours and it to past from yesterday and is repeated times like that

sorry for bad english pls help me u.u

I am on my IPad using Safari.Whenever I try to type in anything in the tea building my keyboard automatically goes down. This happened right now.

Mac OS X

Safari Version 4.0.4

Have not tried other browsers

Since I started, about 1.5 weeks ago

vaporeonized

After clicking the "Look for battle" tab I get stuck at the "Join Battle" screen. I am not allowed to further the battle, and clicking on the "Join Battle" tab is seemingly futile. What is strange is that when I leave the room, I can select it from the list of all battles and view myself and the battle partner's pokemon ready to fight. I have no idea what's going on, any info would be much appreciated. I just wanna play some Poke :(

just curious if I was IP banned or something, I can't seem to connect to the Smogon server, all the other servers seem to work fine. I wish they'd tell me. My Showdown name was Sir151

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
just curious if I was IP banned or something, I can't seem to connect to the Smogon server, all the other servers seem to work fine. I wish they'd tell me. My Showdown name was Sir151
Indeed you were banned by user zdrup. Post a ban appeal in this forum if you wish to appeal this ban.

Windows 7
Firefox 16
Also tried Google Chrome and iOS Safari
Problem started Friday/Saturday (Nov 16th/17th)
Username: IronWolf
Problem Description: Pokemon Showdown gives me this error message when I try to connect to Smogon's server:

"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."

Happens 100% of the time.

In CAP, sometimes when Aurumoth or Zoroark get killed, their sprite is not greyed out. (In the six little sprites from your opponent) It is still counted as fainted though, so the battle will end normally. This bug does not seem to be browser related. It seems to be caused by the fact that the simulator seems to be unsure whether aurumoth / zoroark or the disguised as pokemon fainted. The bug appears more often when you have both aurumoth and zoroark on your team.

Windows 7
Firefox 16
Also tried Google Chrome and iOS Safari
Problem started Friday/Saturday (Nov 16th/17th)
Username: IronWolf
Problem Description: Pokemon Showdown gives me this error message when I try to connect to Smogon's server:

"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."

Happens 100% of the time.
Same here with me. (Google Chrome)

OS: Windows 7/ Ubuntu 11.10 (Ubuntu works when running Wine)
Web Browser(s): Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox 16
Problem started: Around 5:30 PM, Tuesday, November 20th.
Username: Irohazaka

Problem Description: Was in a OU Current matchup versus a random, and on around Turn 11 the game froze. I had thought that it was my internet going out because my mother blew a fuse, but it worked fine when I opened RuneScape up to check.
In the meantime, I was kicked out. I tried to reconnect, and got this;
Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

It keeps giving me the error message "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted." every single time it gets to the the "Joining Showdown server..." part. I opened Opera, then IE, then Firefox, went back to Chrome, restarted my router and laptop - and the problem persists no matter what I try to do.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We have all been having this problem for approximately half an hour. It is not your computer or connection. Work is currently underway to fix the issue.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Same issue, Stuck at "joining".
I'm on Chrome
Windows 7

But well It's not the first time for me. And yes I cleaned my cookies, and does anyone got a solution?

Web Browser(s): Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox 16
Problem started: It has always been a problem every time I've tried to connect for the past month. I've tried in browser and with downloading the program.
Username: SMERBECK

Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to Showdown server...

You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.

Every single time, there is nothing I can do. Any help for people with OSX?

For you people posting that you 'fixed your problems' would you mind shedding some light?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
One possible problem is that you have been banned. PS doesn't really distinguish between a ban and a connection error, unfortunately. I'll look into clearing that up shortly.

1.Windows 7
2.Firefox
3.I dont used other browser
4.Yesterday
5.XaNT
6.I think the bug is cause yesterday was changing my tembuild with copy/paste and i think i have some wrong and then the program dont run

------------------------------------------------------
If the client is taking a long time to load, try refreshing in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work, Pokemon Showdown may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just need help getting my password back.

Nick: Acklow
I signed up for beta (or alpha or w/e it was) way back when, and I sorta wanna access my old account again. Anyways, if possible just pm me or something so I could get it figured out.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

1) Windows Vista
2) Google Chrome (23.0.1271.95)
3) Yes, I have tried Pale Moon and the problem does not occur there. But I highly would prefer playing this on Google Chrome
4) About 3 days ago?
5) Umm, I use random usernames at random times. I don't think this matters in my situation. >_<
6) I basically cannot use Pokemon Showdown on Goggle Chrome, it always stops at "Connecting to login server..."

1) Mac OS (latest one)
2) Google Chrome (latest one)
3) Yes I tried Safari and I still can't get onto the main showdown server
4) Earlier today
5) Name is Dar1818
6) I can't connect to the main server and I have no idea why, just randomly started to get stuck on the "Joining showdown server" screen forever.

Browser: IE 9 (I think). I haven't tried others because Chrome refuses to download and I'm reliably informed the latest Firefox is full of cookies. I don't really trust others.
The problem started about 2 days ago
Username: Blades
Problem: Essentially, I can't get on. It loads up until &quot;connecting to login server&quot; and then stops. I've tried with 3 different internet connections, but all result in the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)