Offline Battle Tower teams

I got pretty damn far with this 3 poke team:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Adamant 252att/252speed/6sp.def

Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Swords Dance, hold on with Sash and Sweep, basically, although some good judgment needs to be made if you suspect the comp to be using Choice Scarf, (check the AI battle list for all the upper level pokemons' move/itemsets)

Togekiss@ Lum Berry or Leftovers or Shell Bell, mostly Lefties

Modest 252 Sp.att/120 Speed/72 Sp.Def/64 HP

Flamethrower (kills pesky steels and /ice /grass physical walls)
Aurasphere (Hits through DT walls)
Air Slash (Enough speed to flinch hax lower than 70 speeders)
Wish (Renew my other two Sweepers)

Electivire @ Life Orb

Jolly 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 HP

Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

yeah, that got me to 56 rounds, Palmer was a breeze the 2nd time around when he uses legendaries ^_^

I got to battle 48 with this team:

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Jolly
The DD EV spread from the analysis, don't remember right now
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Dragonite owned for a while. DD'd up if he could, and the Outrage'd through the whole team. If something didn't die and/or status'd him, Lum Berry cleared that right up.

Porygon-Z@Life Orb
Modest
Download
252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 Def
-Agility
-Tri-Attack
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam

Switchs in on free SpAtk boosts (really easy to get in BT) then either Agility's/KO's/revenge kills with Charge Beam, and sweeps for as long as possible.

Weavile@Focus Sash
Jolly
40 HP, 252 Atk, 218 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

He own'd a LOT of stuff, except Bronzong, lol.

I got to battle 48 with this team, and lost Dragonite and Porygon-Z due to Quick Claw hax. Weavile doesn't get a Swords Dance off, but manages to KO 2 pokemon, and then out comes Bronzong, who KO'd Weavile since he really couldn't do any damage to it.

I'm thinking about trying out my Nasty Plot Porygon-Z, Nasty Plot Azelf and Heatran/Infernape next. Or maybe mixed Infernape, Electivire and Rhyperior. Possibly Specsmence, Weavlie and Rhyperior. I don't know, I have so many pokemon I want to use, and only 3 slots to fit them in.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Died at 49:

Typhlosion @Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30/2/15/31/30/30
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Rock (70)

Latios @Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 14/30/5/29/28/29
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Gallade @Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/20/10/0/31
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Posting this team for no reason except to show that Choice Specs Eruption Typhlosion is awesome. Actually, this team does really well against most things, except it gets walled by Palmer's Cresselia. The thing I should've done was swap out either Latios or Gallade for something that wasn't walled by Cresselia in the second Tycoon stage, then switch back for all others.

Typhlosion OHKOed Regigigas and Heatran with Focus Blast, but had to switch out to Latios when Cresselia came in. That's when it started Calm Minding up. Although at some point I put it to sleep with Hypnosis, I couldn't do enough damage before it woke up and healed off the damage with Moonlight.

heracross- adamant
252 atk/spd / 6 hp
-close combat
-night slash
-megahorn
-stone edge

heracross has been doing GREAT things for me in the BT. i've been using choice band cause i dont have a choice scarf right now, but CB heracross is more threatening in the BT i think because with the 252 speed EVs it outruns alot of stuff for me.

snorlax - careful
160 def / 140 hp / 140 def / 76 atk
-crunch
-body slam
-rest
-sleep talk

walls very well and also does a decent amount of damage

and the third poke varies. i generally try to use something that uses special attacks and also takes hits decently. slowbro has been working well.

slowbro - bold
232 hp / 180 def / 100 sp atk
-calm mind
-psychic
-surf
-slack off

once it sets up with calm mind, it's pretty beefy and hits pretty hard also.

with snorlax to absorb status, heracross to rape things, and slowbro is just hard to take down, it works out relatively well. i've ended up switching guys around just to try new things, but with heracross as the lead and either snorlax or blissey backing it up (ice beam/aromatherapy/softboiled/seismic toss), i've been doing quite well. i've made it to the mid-70s, so that's pretty decent. i'll get the exact numbers later and update my post.

i really really really like heracross, though it's jealous of breloom's status powers.

EDIT: only to 62, guess i thought it was better than that lol regardless, those still are doing good things. and forgot that i used metagross in heracross's place for a couple rounds with this set:
agility/earthquake/meteor mash/thunderpunch. pretty awesome as well. ill update once i finish breeding jolly dd-tar because im in the mood to play now.

I got to 45 with-

Staraptor@ Shell Bell(No CB/Expert Belt)
Gentle(my In-game one)
Ev's-?
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Return
Fly><

Basically it sweeps.....hopefully

Starmie@ Wisdom Glasses
Calm
Ev's-?
Surf
Psychic
T-bolt
Light Screen

-another thing that I had in a game, just used it because I could

Electabuzz @ Expert Belt
Timid(imported again)
Ev's-?
T-bolt
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop

basically, I was swept by a Gilscor/Honkrow/Salamence team, Gilscor Countered my Electabuzz, Starmie kills both Gilscor/Honkrow, then Salamence Sweeps with Dragon Pulse, Killing Starmie, then OHKOing Staraptor......

anyway- I got to 38 wins with this team, which I like better than my old one-

Heatran @ Wisdomglasses
Timid
252 Spd,252 Sp.atk,6 Hp
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Luster Cannon
Substitute

basically set up a Sub, and Sweep

Ludicolo @ Big Root
Calm
Ev's-.....forgot
Surf
Ice Beam
Giga Drain
Leech Seed

basically a wall, that was set up to kill tucker in Emerald, who still works here

Cressilia @ Leftovers
Timid
192 hp, 112 Def, 100 Sp.atk,102 sp.def,4 spd
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Psych Up
Moonlight

basically wall, hope to get enough Sp.atk boosts and sweep

this team died at 38 because of literally being frozen for 15 turns....I'm serious
basically, my cressilia was frozen by a Medicham's Ice punch(it had been leech seeded) and it was frozen long enough against my opponet's Lanturn for it to use 4 Charges, and 4 Hydro Pumps to KO it(after Medicham, it was at 50% roughly) I swear it was frozen for at least 10,11 TURNS before the Lanturn appeared, and then it still didn't defrost

Azelf-Focus Sash
timid, 252 spd, 252 att
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower

Rhyperior-Choice Band
adamant, 252 hp, 252 att
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Avalanche

Blissey-Leftovers
bold, 200hp, 252 def, 56 sp att
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam

Try to sweep w/ Azelf, Focus Sash ensures that I get at least one Nasty Plot in. Rhyperior is my Normal/Flying resist that RAPES everything and really only dies to stab Surfs and Energy Ball. Blissey is my insurance policy against water pokes and really bulky special attackers.

I got to battle 63 w/ this team, lost a Sleep/Resttalk/DT/SheerCold Glalie w/Quick Claw. It was ridiculous.

I got through 63 strong with this... then I changed the team up when I was testing new pokes and strategies and it screwed me lol..

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp / 252 SpA
*Flamethrower
*Grass Knot
*Nasty Plot
*Close Combat

Great lead. Nasty plot + Blaze Flamethrower almost OHKO Palmer's Cresselia

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bashful (Yea I know)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp / 252 SpA
*Psychic
*Thunderbolt
*Shadow Ball
*Explosion

Like mentioned above, what the Ape doesn't nuke, this little guy nukes.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Viel
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 At / 252 Sp
*Outrage
*Earthquake
*Fire Fang
*Swords Dance

Clean up.

Swept first, asked questions later.

I got to 28 (still counting) with the following:

Gengar@Expert Belt
Shadow Ball
WoW
Dark Pulse
Sludge Bomb

Two stabs off of its good special attack. Hooray for special Sludge Bomb :D

Staraptor@Life Orb
Brave Bird (roflcopters)
Aerial Ace (lots of Double Team going on)
Close Combat
U-Turn

Empoleon@Leftovers
Surf
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Aqua Ring (couldn't think of anything better)

Dead at 65:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Naughty 252hp/252atk/6def

Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Adamant 252atk/6Sp.Def/252spd

Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Clost Combat
Psycho Cut

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Rash 252Sp.Atk/6Sp.Def/252spd

Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

I was testing out teams to see which one would get me the furthest in a shorter amount of time. I lost to a Suicune and Latios. The other team member is unknown.

so far i am at floor 86 with:

breloom@leftovers
adamant nature
252atk / 252spd
-focus punch
-spore
-substitute
-seed bomb

same thing as themaster42

milotic@flame orb
bold nature
252 HP / 136 Def / 64 SAtk / 56SDef
-recover
-surf
-toxic
-aqua ring

metagross@choiceband
Brave nature (yea yea, i was too lazy to wait for adamant)
240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
-explosion
-meteor mash
-earthquake
-thunderpunch

this team did really well both times i used it. i died at floor 79 due to hax on my first try and am currently at floor 86. i always lead with breloom and usually go to metagross after it gets KOed. i also experimented with a ninjask lead and giving metagross a life orb. worked out alright but this one has taken me further.

This is my team, i've never managed to get past beyond 35th single battle:

- Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed 252 HP/96 Sp Atk/126 Sp. Def/30 speed "Messpert" -_-
Earthquake
Waterfall
Protect
Ice Beam
xD this is my "messpert" was the first pokemon i tried to spread the EV's by myself, and well, as you see kinda sux, but he can hold its own against a lot of enemies

Torterra@Big Root
Impish 252 HP/148 Atk/108 Def "Curseterra"
Leech Seed
Wood Hammer
Curse
Earthquake
Leech Seed has saved my ass quite a few times, i just need to throw my magical seeds and then curse until it can't do it anymore, if by that time the foe isn't dead either Wood Hammer or EQ finish it

Metagross@Wide Lens
Adamant 152 HP/252 Atk/104 Def "Agiligross"
Hammer Arm
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
It used to have Shell Bell attached, but wide lens makes meta less likely to miss, and God i hate to miss! >=(, since i can get a Thunderpunching metagross(because i don't own Emerald) I gave him Hammer Arm, IMO a nice attack, good power, not too much accuracy but wide lens kinda helps, EQ powerful and Accurate, what else could you possibly ask for, Agility is just a standard, so is Meteor Mash, which BTW has better accuracy with wide lens

I guess it's my Earthquake team, sometimes it is really useful when the opponent uses sandstorm or a pokemon with Sandstream, since each pokemon is inmune ^^ never gets past 35th battle, though.
I need a fire pokemon perhaps

I've gotten to the 42nd battle with this team. I didn't die, I just haven't felt like going on.

Yanmega@wide lens
Mild
Hypnosis
Protect
Air Slash
Bug Buzz

I love this thing. Wide lens really is a great item on it, as it helps with hypnosis' accuracy, and it ensures that air slash won't miss. It's strong, fast, puts stuff to sleep, etc. etc. etc.

Porygon-Z@life orb
Modest
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Tri-Attack
Dark Pulse

It kills stuff, especially what yanmega has put to sleep. I really should put a choice scarf on this thing though...

Cresselia@leftovers
Bold
Rest
Sleep Talk
Charge Beam
Ice Beam

Usually doesn't die.

I like this team, although I sometimes stick heracross in it for sake of having a physical attacker.

choice band for hera

lefties for snorlax

and i think the wisdom glasses on slowbro (which if you think about actually putting glasses on slowbro is kinda funny)

i believe lum berry was what i used for metagross when i threw it in there as well

Died in Battle 34...sadly. (got 33 streak)

Salamance @ Choice Specs
Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish
- Curse
- Rest
- Will-o-wisp
- Mean Look
(not a Dusknoir because there's no one nearby to trade with, and I don't trust random people on the internet that say they'll trade)

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Thunderpunch

Lost to a Charizard that got Sunny Day set up (after Salamance died), and sweep my team with Flamethrower.

I use this:

Heracross @ Life Orb (Yes, Female Hera oO)
Adamant: 252 Atk, 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Practically a CB Version only that I don't like to switch that much in the Battle Tower because of the risk of a Double Team/OHKO.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant: 252 Atk, enough speed to outspeed Jolly Weavile after an Agility and the rest in HP/DEF
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Vaporeon @ Lefties
Bold: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Roar

Vaporeon is there because I wanted a Bulky Water, Manaphy is banned and I don't have a Suicune, if not I would go with Chesto Rest CM Suicune.

I always lose around Battle 50 and always because of hax..

And I have problems against Electric Pokes, especially Zapdos and Raikou (The only ones I've seen after Battle 48 hehe), Swampert could be a good option too mmmmmmmmm...

I've gotten a great time with Lum Berry, for me its a MUST in my team because Hypnosis, WoW and the side effects of attacks seem to afflict you 99% of the time, lol xD

I got to over 50 with this team, though I'm not sure exactly how far.

Breloom @Focus Sash
Jolly 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Focus Punch
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break

Salamence @Choice Specs
Modest 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Electric
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump

Blissey @Leftovers w/Serene Grace
Calm 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
-Thunder
-Counter
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

Died at 49 due to not completing movesets (or even EV training Cune), but haven't done much yet. Seems real solid though.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Roar

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Trait: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SAtk / 188 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

They all support eachother in a triangle really, Suicune takes SpecsMence's ice attacks, Electivire takes Suicune's electric attacks and Salamence takes Electivire's ground attacks. Only reason I lost to the second stage of the tycoon was because Suicune didn't have roar, so I had nothing that could take out Cresselia, now my Suicune can CM up with it, then roar it out.

Died at battle 62:

CB weavile with the pursuit and nightslash set.
A (RSE) standard starmie with a focus sash, that way it's able that always switch in.
And a standard life orb garchomp, they're pretty good.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
TheMaster42, just wanted to thank you for keeping this thread updated. Also to state that I'm currently breeding a Stealth Rock Bronzong for a lead and we'll see how it goes handling the myriad Focus Sashers in the game, anomg them Garchomp, which my original Sandstream strategy actually helped and didn't hurt =/

Beat at Round 41

Gyarados
Adamant
252 Hp, 252 Sdef, 6 Def
@Leftovers
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
EarthQuake
Aqua Tail

Electivire
Adamant
252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 Def
@Choice Band
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Thunder Punch

Gardevoir
Timid
252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 6 SDef
@Expert Belt
Hypnosis
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt

I tend to lead with Gardevoir and sleep whatever comes out first. Then I switch to Gyarados and DD up. After a DD or 2 I sweep. If something can kill my Gyarados, its usually an electric type, I send out Electivire.

Beat at Round 37

Dragonite
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
@Lum Berry
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Punch

After a DD I can beat almost anything not steel with Outrage. Thats where Fire Punch and Earthquake come in.

Rhyperior
Adamant
252 Atk, 156 HP, 106 Def
@Wide Lens/Choice Band
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Mega Horn
Hammer Arm

Depending on my moods, I may hate to miss, hence Wide Lens. Otherwise CB anything from Rhyperior kills most things in one hit.

Empoleon
Modest
252 SAtk, 252 HP, 6 Def
@Leftovers
Surf
Grass Lnot
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock

I use this Empoleon outside of BT so thats why Stealth Rock. Its also useful against random flying types and fire types. Empoleon also takes care of my large ice weakness.

Beat at Round 60 (Double Team)

Tyranitar
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
@Expert Belt
Dragon Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch

Solrock
Impish
252 Def, 252 HP
@Light Clay
Rock Slide
Light Screen
Reflect
Explosion

My leads gets my sandstorm started and raise my defence even more. Solrock explodes when it has used both screens. I never explode on TTar

Rhyperior
Adamant
252 Atk, 156 HP, 106 Def
@Wide Lens/Choice Band
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Mega Horn
Hammer Arm

Same as before

Skarmory
Impish
@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 SDef
Toxic
Steel Wing
Spikes
Roar

Lay out spikes and toxic shuffle. Also allows my team to hit hard with EQ when Solrock dies or uses both of its screens.

I got to 42... Until some guy came and did a move that " twisted the dimensions " And kept doing sand attack to kill my 4 dragon danced gyara... So my gyara kept missing and ended up dying :|
Gyarados @ Leftovers
252 hp 252 speed 4 hp
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice fang
-Eearthquake

Gengar @ Life Orb
-252 speed 252- special attack -4 hp
-Hypnosis
-Energyball
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow ball

Garchomp @ Leftovers/Life orb
-252 attack -252 speed -4 hp
-Swords dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge

Died in Battle 34...sadly. (got 33 streak)

Salamance @ Choice Specs
Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Impish
- Curse
- Rest
- Will-o-wisp
- Mean Look
(not a Dusknoir because there's no one nearby to trade with, and I don't trust random people on the internet that say they'll trade)

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Thunderpunch

Lost to a Charizard that got Sunny Day set up (after Salamance died), and sweep my team with Flamethrower.
I'm assuming you meant the 2nd is a Dusclops, because you said it wasn't a Dusknoir right after. =)

Died at battle 62:

CB weavile with the pursuit and nightslash set.
A (RSE) standard starmie with a focus sash, that way it's able that always switch in.
And a standard life orb garchomp, they're pretty good.

Sorry friend, I need a filled out team to add it to the original post. Grats on getting so far, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)