Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well, DarkChaos? I'm still getting impossible spreads for my Kecleon... I've tried different Parents, I've tried taking them in and out of the day care, I've tried doing something else and going back to them... I've tried everything possible...

RNG Reporter is in need of an update anyways so we can RNG for Dream Radar Pokemon on PCs like mac users can right now with their program.

I'm at a complete loss at what I'm doing wrong or what is wrong with my cart.

(Copied from my previous post) I am using Diamond version here. I got the IVs that I needed, but it is not a shiny. Why is it not shiny? I ticked the shiny tab with my ID and SID (also it got the !!! shiny symbol in the RNG reporter) but did not show up. Thanks.

UPDATE:

Decided to say F**K KECLEON and skip Banette and Move on to Absol... Absol's RNG process seems to be working just fine. o.O

I wonder what was making Kecleon so difficult.

...ok. maybe might go back for Banette.

Is there a guide anywhere for PID abuse in Emerald? If so, is it possible to get flawless method 1 spreads, that are also shiny? (for the legendaries of course)

I know it's supposed to be difficult, but I don't have access to HGSS for the RSE legends, and I already have emerald.

Also, when using the 4th gen time finder to find a PID for TID/SID abuse, I can't find any flawless IV spreads that are both lonely and have HP Fire. Does this mean it is not possible to get a flawless HP fire giratina (cause that's what it's for)?

UPDATE:

Decided to say F**K KECLEON and skip Banette and Move on to Absol... Absol's RNG process seems to be working just fine. o.O

I wonder what was making Kecleon so difficult.

...ok. maybe might go back for Banette.
something in your game, is doing something weird, just hit it tried 30min ago

shadowmonkey
check hozu sig

EDIT
31/31/30/30/31/30

Edit
In 3gen at best near flawless

ok then.

what about the 4th gen TID/SID abuse? i know there is a guide but the spread i wanted does not show up on RNG reporter..
31/30/31/30/31/30- No
31/31/30/30/31/30 - Yes
Pid is tied to IV so not there is a restriction on some nature and IV combination, hozu and/or a mod and/or someone who knows alot more about the mechanics, like fisheman p can tell you more

I am doing RNG on my Pokemon Platinum and had something odd come up.

For the seed I want to hit, I have a frame of 114, but method J says none, method J sync says 71, and method J sync f? says none. Does that means I need to do a sync or can I just shoot for frame 114? Please advise, thanks!

Are you using pokrng?
If so, use the rngreporter

If not and you are using the reporter, plz provide seed.

By the way you describe it you must have a sync pokemon and the frame will be 71 instead of 114, but again I need the seed

Also when it says none that mean that pid/iv spread is unavailable at the method

i.e (just a random created data timid 31/1/31/1/31/1)
Method J: None - not available
Method J Sync: 70 -available with sync at 70

Trying to capture Regigigas in Diamond
Seed is 0C0E02C2, frame is 77, delay is 692
Verified seed- HHTHTTHTTHTHTHT
Adamant Nature, Characteristic good perseverance
Advanced frame by switching between one that only had "flew to snowpt" and one with a caught bibare (night)
Gigas was supposed to have 31//31/17/31/31/31

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Trying to capture Regigigas in Diamond
Seed is 0C0E02C2, frame is 77, delay is 692
Verified seed- HHTHTTHTTHTHTHT
Adamant Nature, Characteristic good perseverance
Advanced frame by switching between one that only had "flew to snowpt" and one with a caught bibare (night)

Gigas was supposed to have 31//31/17/31/31/31
Ok...and your result was?...

Hi, I'm an RNG newbie, and this is my question: 4th Gen Diamond.
RNG fossil pokemon is Method 1 right?

Also, I want to get a shiny Cranidos with decent IVs. My seed is 7A050A41, frame 176, 2612 delay, confirmed thru coin flips. I have 2 Chatots with custom Chatter. I saved in front of the scientist in Oreburgh Mining Museum.

Now, I got confused in the guide especially in Step 4: Frame Advancement. I did advancement using the Chatots, switched summaries until 175, and got Cranidos, but I always did not get the Nature, IV, and shininess. What am I doing wrong? Please enlighten me, thanks.

EDIT:
I got the IVs that I needed using steps+journal flips (via searching here in this thread) but it is not a shiny. I will keep it though.
Why is it not shiny? I ticked the shiny tab with my ID and SID but did not show up. Thanks.
Also in the spread it has the !!! symbol for a shiny, but no shiny came.:pimp:

TID: 61316
SID: 53848

Found my SID through Find SID from Chained Shinies in the 4th Gen Tools of RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA.

I am trying to RNG an ID/SID combo of 59214/15852 for a PID of 8EFB545D in SoulSilver. I am following this guide, post #2. I am aiming for a delay of 5000 with a seed of 65131395. I am also searching in the year 2013 (all the numbers I listed here except for the PID are generated in Pandora's Box in RNG Reporter).

I am confused about when to take an action for the first timer. Am I supposed to press A at the "Press Start" screen (where Lugia is swimming underwater) when the first timer reaches 0? Or am I supposed to soft-reset instead when the first timer reaches 0 after I am already in the game and the game wants to explain the controls (just like in pretty much every other 4th gen RNG)?

TID: 61316
SID: 53848

Found my SID through Find SID from Chained Shinies in the 4th Gen Tools of RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA.
That seed does not yield a shiny naughty, 31/31/28/0/29/31 with that SID/ID combination, henceforth way you're not getting shinies

I am confused about when to take an action for the first timer. Am I supposed to press A at the "Press Start" screen (where Lugia is swimming underwater) when the first timer reaches 0? Or am I supposed to soft-reset instead when the first timer reaches 0 after I am already in the game and the game wants to explain the controls (just like in pretty much every other 4th gen RNG)?
You soft-reset when the first timer hit zero
You press A on the second timer when oak says "ill see you later"

You soft-reset when the first timer hit zero
You press A on the second timer when oak says "ill see you later"
Just did that and plugged the ID I got into Pandora's Box to see what delay I actually hit. I set the search frames from 4000-6000. Only 1 result showed up, and it had a value of 3 seconds instead of the target second of 0 that I am going for. Can you tell me why that happened? Apparently, I hit a 5153 delay, which is a whopping 153 delays off from my target 5000.

Should I just update my EonTimer with the 5153 delay, even though in Pandora's Box it corresponds to a 3 second target and not a 0 second target?

According to ever stone
You must subtract 3 from your target second to hit the actual target second
So I'm good then, since, lol, 3-3=0?

Just out of curiosity, how do I change my target second from 0 to something else? I can't find an option to do that in Pandora's Box.

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: 5153 is a lot farther than I expected from my target of 5000. I've already got my calibrated delay and second from a previous save file. I'm guessing this giant offset is because at the beginning of a new file, we haven't done stuff like showing Elm the Togepi egg, showing Pokerus and defeating the Elite Four to make RNGing easier?

Either look for a time in pandora that have a target second of 3 then input 0 as the target second in eontimer
Or
in eontimer input your target second as 57, to hit target second 0

It's best to do the first one, in my opinion but your free to do either

Edit
By subtract 3, I meant from eontimer not pandora, ie change your target second to 57 instead of 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)