Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Either look for a time in pandora that have a target second of 3 then input 0 as the target second in eontimer
Or
in eontimer input your target second as 57, to hit target second 0

It's best to do the first one, in my opinion but your free to do either

Edit
By subtract 3, I meant from eontimer not pandora, ie change your target second to 57 instead of 0
I've expanded the min/max frames in Pandora to 4000-10,000. Everything is still has a target frame of 0. Other than expanding the min/max frames, do you know another way to find seeds with a target second other than 0, preferably 3 like you said?

I also tried 57 in Eontimer instead of 0 just once, and ended up with a target second of 1. I'll try again with 57 and if it still doesn't work, I guess I'll try 56.

Did you
1. Take the seed given by pandora and input it in the rngreporter?
2. Take that seed and seed - to time?
3. Select a time and date that not 0?

If so, please post the pid you input in the rngreporter

Did you
1. Take the seed given by pandora and input it in the rngreporter?
2. Take that seed and seed - to time?
3. Select a time and date that not 0?

If so, please post the pid you input in the rngreporter
I didn't use PokeRNG to find my PID. I looked for the spread I wanted in the 4th Gen Timefinder in RNG Reporter and used its PID.

I plugged the PID into Pandora and chose a seed. I took the seed given by Pandora directly to Seed to Time. Did I miss a step?

For #3, do you mean in Pandora, choosing a seed that didn't have a target second of 0? If so, then no, because I couldn't find one.

Here's the PID I am after: 8EFB545D

It is for a Method K Stationary Pokemon.

I think I get it now. I've never actually used the Generate More Times function by right-clicking on a seed, so that's why I didn't understand what you were talking about before.

So, just to make sure I'm following you:

1. On the list generated in Pandora, I right-clicked on the ID/SID combo with a delay of 5000 that I mentioned several posts ago.

2. I hit Generate More Times

3. Filtered HGSS results in the Seed to Time window that opened up to those that had a target second of 3

4. I will use one of the results' date/time, but in EonTimer, use 0 as the target second instead of 3

Is that right?

One last thing: with the steps I listed, my new "target time" is 19:48:03, though I input 0 as the target second instead and as EonTimer says, set my DS clock to 19:46. However, when checking my delay in Pandora, I will have to use the original 0 second target time of 19:51, correct?

If so, then I'm on the right track. My most recently hit delay was 5003. My target is 5000. I will have to use a 3rd gen Pokemon game in the DS Lite slot to change from the odd to even delays here, just like the rest of 4th gen RNG, correct?

Thank you so much for your help!

I'm not sure if you need if you need a gba for id/Sid abuse

If the target time is 19:48:03 delay 5000
The target sec you put in eontimer is 0 and he delay is still 5000
But if you hitting odds, just change the year to make it even.

In pandora seed finder
You input
The id you get
The month
The year
The hr is 19
The minute is 48
Min and max delay 4700-5500

Then on click find compatible seeds, you will be looking for the second with the actual target second

That seed does not yield a shiny naughty, 31/31/28/0/29/31 with that SID/ID combination, henceforth way you're not getting shinies
Thank you for the answer, but I used the 4th generation Time Finder and it had a shiny symbol there.

Okay, how do I ensure that 4th Generation Time Finder seed is the same as the main RNG reporter window?

Tried to RNG Snorlax in HeartGold
Looking for Adamant, Thick Fat, Male, 31/31/31/17/31/31
Target frame was 14, delay was 2791, seed was c20b0af4
Got correct delay, only two roamers (+2 frame advance, so start frame was 3)
Talked to Elm 10 times, switched to Poke Flute( already set to it), engaged Snorlax in battle

Caught it, Adamant, Male, Thick Fat, but checked stats and Iv's were like this:
30/31 HP
2/3 Atk
16/17 Def
6/7 Sp. Atk
18/19 Sp. Def
18/19 Spd

Took me 20 minutes to hit the stupid delay, but it was correct at the time of finding this data out. What did I do wrong?

P.S. Admnt Synchro was used, and the seed had 8 variations (same stats though), with frames of 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 26, 38, 39

Diamond -- Calibration issue

I'm attempting to start RNGing in Gen 4 (Diamond), after having had a reasonable amount of success in Gen 5. As a Mac user, I found it easier to track down a DS Lite for second-hand watching instead of getting set up with Eon Timer, so I'm now using RNG Reporter and Eon Timer for the first time.

While attempting to calibrate Eon Timer, I'm running into a problem where the secondary timer always ends up too short for me to get from game-launch to the savefile loading screen. Here's a sample scenario, one of many that played out extremely similar over the last four hours:

1. Reset Eon Timer to "Calibrated" values of 600 / 15
  2. I enter my target delay and seconds: 608 and 35 (found with RNG Reporter, see below)
  3. Set the DS time and start Eon Timer simultaneously
  4. Turn the DS Lite back on and wait for the first set of beeps; launch Diamond on the last beep
  5. Mash 'A' to get to the loading screen
  6. Load the game as the last beep in the second set sounds
  7. Check flips: I actually hit 684
  8. Put '684' in the "Delay Hit" in Eon Timer and Update. Now the secondary timer is 13.85, which is about 1-1.5 seconds shorter than it actually takes me to get to the loading screen -- I can't get there in time. Calibrated Delay is 676, which makes sense since I was off (slow) by 76.

Regarding the seed I'm trying to hit: I used RNG Reporter, looking for a Method J Stationary Encounter, Mild 31/x/31/31/30+/31, in 2013 with a Delay of 600-610 and a Frame of 1-1000. It gave me a seed of D60E026D, and when I look in Seed To Times (year: 2013, second: 35), every delay is 608 no matter which of the dates I use. I've been attempting to use the first one, 2013-04-30 14:59:35. The game is saved one step shy of the encounter with Dialga.

I feel like I must be doing something obviously wrong, but I just spent an hour trying to search this thread and elsewhere and couldn't figure out my problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks again. I'll be trying to RNG again this Sunday. :toast:
UPDATE: I got the Shiny Cranidos using a different seed, and it has decent IVs. Thanks for enlightening me, DarkChaos.

P.S.
I caught a random encounter Shinx while EV training my Cranidos. How lucky I am?! Yes!

something in your game, is doing something weird, just hit it tried 30min ago

shadowmonkey
check hozu sig

EDIT
31/31/30/30/31/30

Edit
In 3gen at best near flawless
Yeah, I don't know what went wrong with Kecleon, but went back to Banette and have RNGed flawless pokemon of everything else up til now. Currently working on Donphan

Okay, now I want to RNG via fishing. I'm using Pokemon Diamond.

Questions:
1. I'm in Celestic Town and keep hitting my delays. Fishing has a starting frame of 4, right? Do I really have to be in the middle of the pond or fish by land?
2. I want to catch a shiny Corpish with good IVs. ID 61316, SID 53848, Method J, Encounter type Wild Pokemon (Super Rod), Encounter slot 1. My seed is E9120669, Frame 115, Required Lead Bold. I followed all instructions and got Corpish, non-shiny, not the IVs I am looking for. What am I doing wrong in this situation.
3. Occidentary is 139. What is occidentary? XD

Thank you and more power.

Okay, now I want to RNG via fishing. I'm using Pokemon Diamond.

Questions:
1. I'm in Celestic Town and keep hitting my delays. Fishing has a starting frame of 4, right? Do I really have to be in the middle of the pond or fish by land?
2. I want to catch a shiny Corpish with good IVs. ID 61316, SID 53848, Method J, Encounter type Wild Pokemon (Super Rod), Encounter slot 1. My seed is E9120669, Frame 115, Required Lead Bold. I followed all instructions and got Corpish, non-shiny, not the IVs I am looking for. What am I doing wrong in this situation.
3. Occidentary is 139. What is occidentary? XD

Thank you and more power.
UPDATE: Okay, I hit my seed and threw the line. There, I got a shiny with the IV I searched. I did not advance my frames, never; just checked my delay and hit it. I don't know the frame and I don't want to know about it right, but the description is as follows:

Level 30 Corphish, Bold (Synched), Like to thrash about, Shiny, Stats HP 75, ATK 55, DEF 58, SPA 35, SPD 34, SPE 35. IVs 31/31/30/0/27/31.

How is it possible? I got it in my first try, and really, I don't want to bother about the frame or the occidentary.

Question for any veteran RNG manipulators: I'm looking to get Tyranitar, Metagross and Garchomp for the Battle Frontier in Soulsilver. Is it easier to breed for perfect IVs or manipulate the Safari Zone and catch them?

One more non-related question: I caught a Snorlax with ideal IVs, but I have to breed Curse onto it as it can't learn it otherwise, and Selfdestruct is a tutor move from XD I believe. Is it still worth using without those moves? It would only be used in the Battle Frontier.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Question for any veteran RNG manipulators: I'm looking to get Tyranitar, Metagross and Garchomp for the Battle Frontier in Soulsilver. Is it easier to breed for perfect IVs or manipulate the Safari Zone and catch them?

One more non-related question: I caught a Snorlax with ideal IVs, but I have to breed Curse onto it as it can't learn it otherwise, and Selfdestruct is a tutor move from XD I believe. Is it still worth using without those moves? It would only be used in the Battle Frontier.
Safari Zone RNG is time-consuming to set up, sometimes requires trial and error to find a frame that actually works, and the actual capture process is annoying (and like any 4th gen capture, some spreads are impossible to get). Breed them unless you really want the fancy ball.

Note that Selfdestruct is also an egg move for Snorlax, passed down from itself via Pokéwalker or XD, if you can get hold of a male that knows it. Or not. That's what I get for trusting Bulbapedia.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Snorlax only got Self-Destruct as an egg move in 5th gen. It cannot learn it in 4th gen except by Pokéwalker.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
I don't know if it is normal or expected, but I got a method 4 Latios on Sapphire's Southern Island at the frame 797125.

Isn't it supposed to be always method 1 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)