Infinite Crisis

First post here. whatup.

Anyway, there's this new game that was recently announced and I'm indescribably excited for it.

Link: http://www.infinitecrisis.com/en

It appears a lot of people here play League of Legends. Well, this game is essentially that (a MOBA), but with DC Comics characters.

So, basically, it's a game that is combining my two favorite things: League of Legends....and Batman.

And not JUST Batman...

Several Batmans.

I'm hype.

Discuss.

The Crisis happened to the pre-Crisis universes, resulting in the Post-Crisis, so the events of Crisis are PRE-Crisis continuity wise.

Wow is this that new Transformers commercial?

Oh man this looks awesome! I wonder what genre-

Infinite Crisis (IC) is a next-generation, free-to-play MOBA featuring streamlined RPG mechanics
It's like they hate me personally.

edit: the Hal Jordan description really got me rustled:

some even say he is the greatest Green Lantern alive.
Oh, I'm sorry, was Hal the one who wielded all the rings at once? Oh, no, he was the one who turned evil because of a space parasite and doesn't know who Bruce Wayne is and is the biggest fucking idiot in the DCU seriously Solomon fucking Grundy has to be smarter than this asshole "who the hell is Bruce Wayne?" he asks as he signs a check as Green Lantern ten times and then flies head first into a yellow sign and slips getting out of the shower and turns evil while the ACTUAL best Green Lantern gained his powers by standing up to this fuckface fucking Hal Jordan Ryan Reynolds bullshit. Guy>Kyle, though.

edit 2:
If this is pre-crisis why isn't he Captain Marvel?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
guy gardener sux

and they call hal the "greatest gl" because that was the title he got after he beat sinestro (the former "greatest gl") before he got parallaxed. kyle is probably the most skilled at construct-making tho, as he is most imaginative, but loses out to john in detail. guy and hal are both shitty green lanterns to be perfectly honest, but guy embodies everything about the 1980s that i find insufferable

(tangent)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guy embodies everything about the 1980s that make some people wish their dick was as big as his.

Guy > John > Hal = Alan > Kyle (only because of awful mask)

Anyway I'd much rather play a DC moba than a Marvel moba, but I wouldn't be surprised if both suck. Also, the multiverse aspect actually seems pretty lame, why is there a shit ton of gaslight stuff already? And why was no one smart enough to make a DC vs. Marvel moba?

I love Guy because he's a total dick and he knows it. Also because being a dick isn't the extent of his character. I do like Hal, although every other human GL is a million times better IMO.

And why was no one smart enough to make a DC vs. Marvel moba?
I'd rather have a fighting game. Although, that would be a rights war between Capcom and Midway, either of which would be horrible choices (Capcom fighters are either inaccessible as fuck or dial-a-combo bullshit, and Midway has been awful 9ever). We really do not need more MOBAs, though.

I love Guy because he's a total dick and he knows it. Also because being a dick isn't the extent of his character. I do like Hal, although every other human GL is a million times better IMO.

I'd rather have a fighting game. Although, that would be a rights war between Capcom and Midway, either of which would be horrible choices (Capcom fighters are either inaccessible as fuck or dial-a-combo bullshit, and Midway has been awful 9ever). We really do not need more MOBAs, though.
Netherrealm is the new company that has control over DC fighting games, and you best not be insinuating either MK9 or Injustice sucks.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a DC vs. Marvel moba?
von how come I always feel that your expectations live in some warp reality separate from the world we breath in?

Anyways the multiverse idea sound good but sheesh I can tell already how much this is going to be 'six different versions of Batman' if I can liken it to any style I suppose Spider-man Shattered Dimensions. But man where is the Silver Age universe that's all we really want isn't it?

As for moba's I haven't ever played one and it's hard to say if a brand will honestly attract me to it. I'd have to have some sort of good word that it's worth it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
There's no special set of rights for genres, also you clearly don't know anything about fighting games.

von how come I always feel that your expectations live in some warp reality separate from the world we breath in?
Hmm, why would the guy with a card game background think that companies can set aside their differences for the benefit of fans and profit alike? It is a mystery.

Just like with card games, a microtransaction game could get around a lot of the barriers to crossovers like these.

And also just in general I don't know? When was the last time I expected something strange?

Netherrealm is the new company that has control over DC fighting games
I thought Midway did Injustice?

and you best not be insinuating either MK9 or Injustice sucks.
I did not care for MK9 and Injustice looks really really really slow and clunky and the story and character designs...ugh.

There's no special set of rights for genres
So it can be someone completely different, although I really don't think it will be.

also you clearly don't know anything about fighting games.
"You have no idea what you're talking about" is not a point, you have to give actual reasons or else you're just blindly insulting the other person's intelligence. And I do know what I'm talking about, I followed SF4 and MvC3 from Super up until around last year. Either way, if you think that MvC combos take skill beyond getting the first hit or that any of the Street Fighter games are even remotely easy to learn, then clearly you see them a lot differently than I do.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
There's a time for making points, and there's a time for blindly insulting people's intelligence, and if your only experience with Capcom is SF4 and MvC3 and either of them are "too hard" then how am I even supposed to communicate with you? SF3 was the complicated one, both SF4 and MvC3 are thoroughly hand-holding games. What exactly is SF4 hard compared to? Divekick? Street Fighter 1? "If you think any Street Fighter game is remotely easy to learn", get out of here, Street Fighter Alpha 2 was my first video game and every kid I knew back then knew how to play Street Fighter. Street Fighter is the backbone of 2d fighting games, knowing how to play it helps you play almost any other 2d fighter. Anyone in the know picks up a new fighting game and tries out all the classic sf motions, it's not just easy, it's how we keep new games easy to learn. As for Mortal Kombat you don't even know that Midway doesn't exist anymore.

You just said that SF4 is hand-holding and then admit to having to practice basic inputs. Accessible games don't require practice beyond playing a few matches just to learn basic controls. And if all you're gonna do is insult and talk down people who disagree with you, you're honestly better off not posting, as you will change no one's mind and accomplish nothing but make yourself look more like a jackass every time you do it.

edit: I find it funny how you think that Divekick is really hard to learn and then tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. Here's how to play Divekick: press one button to jump, press the other button to kick. Actually hitting someone with it is the difficult part.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
You want fighting games that don't require practice, no, you want games that don't require practice? Are you for real? Cause if so, I'm not the one looking bad here.

Ok gloves come off. I asked if SF4 was hard compared to Divekick because it's a game with 2 buttons, you moron. That's how you compare something. How did you not get that? How do you have any interest in fighting games OR mobas and want to play games that take no practice or mastery? There are iphones games you'd probably enjoy more.

You want fighting games that don't require practice, no, you want games that don't require practice? Are you for real? Cause if so, I'm not the one looking bad here.
I very clearly said "basic controls". You're so wrapped up in your efforts to feel superior to me that you can't even read a full sentence.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
You're so wrapped up in your efforts to feel superior to me
Don't project, you insult the godfather of fighting games because you're too stupid to learn controls that everybody knows and expect to have your hand held, you don't know your facts about the companies that make these games, you only have recent experience and can't bring up other examples even when I asked you to, you like Sonic '06, and somehow it's all about me personally? Take your own advice here and calm down.

"Basic controls". Quarter circle forward. Quarter circle back. Half circle forward. Hold back, then push forward. Hold down, then push up. 360 degree rotation. This is not rocket science. This does not take practice. Everyone knows this shit. How is this preventing you from playing SF4?

Ok gloves come off. I asked if SF4 was hard compared to Divekick because it's a game with 2 buttons, you moron. How did you not get that?
Because the other was SF1 which required literal perfect inputs. Oh, but you called me a moron so you must be correct, seeing how smarter than me you clearly think you are.

There are iphones games you'd probably enjoy more.
"Fuck, I don't have an actual argument. Uhh...I know! I'll call him a casual! Bring the iPhone in to make him look bad at video games so that people will finally like me more than someone else! I am truly a genius."

Don't project kid, you insult the godfather of fighting games because you're too stupid to learn controls that everybody knows and expect to have your hand held,
You don't expect a baby to have a full time job, why would you think someone brand new to the game would be able to instantly learn really complicated stuff?

and somehow it's all about me personally? Take your own advice and calm down.
If it wasn't about you, you'd be much more pleasant and you wouldn't be insulting someone for thinking differently than you. And before you even say it, I'm only doing that to you because you're being a smug jackass and you deserve to be knocked down a peg. Also this is amusing me and I don't have anything I need to get done right now.

"Basic controls". Quarter circle forward. Quarter circle back. Half circle forward. Hold back, then push forward. Hold down, then push up. 360 degree rotation. This is not rocket science. This does not take practice. Everyone knows this shit. How is this preventing you from playing SF4?
Knowing and doing are two different things, and if it's so easy why do professional players drop combos because of it? Also I can play, I just hate having to learn and remember every single character's moveset every time I pick up a new fighter. I stopped playing SF4 because I couldn't stand how ground based it was.

Marvel is less accessible than SF4, come back when you can do TAC infinites and figure a way to get past Morridoom.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Because the other was SF1 which required literal perfect inputs. Oh, but you called me a moron so you must be correct, seeing how smarter than me you clearly think you are.
Street Fighter 1 may not have been perfect, but the problem is I literally cannot think of a Fighting series more user friendly than Street Fighter (that is also a good fighting game series).

You don't expect a baby to have a full time job, why would you think someone brand new to the game would be able to instantly learn really complicated stuff?
Because that's what you do when you play video games, you learn things. Or it used to be.

Knowing and doing are two different things, and if it's so easy why do professional players drop combos because of it?
What exactly do you WANT then? One-button specials? That's been done before and games like that flopped. It's lame, it doesn't have good game feel.

1. Memorize combos
2. Hit other player once
3. Mindlessly hammer out that combo you memorized while they lay helpless

So easy an 8-year-old can do it.

Dude if you want to argue that way then any fighter is the same. You act as though Step 2. (Hit the other player once) is really easy. It's not. If you don't even understand that, you have no business talking about fighting games. If Marvel is so easy, why aren't you dominating at it?

Street Fighter 1 may not have been perfect, but the problem is I literally cannot think of a Fighting series more user friendly than Street Fighter (that is also a good fighting game series).
What exactly do you WANT then? One-button specials? That's been done before and games like that flopped. It's lame, it doesn't have good game feel.
You're right, there have been literally no accessible but still skill-based fighting games with one button specials that have been highly successful with three going on four entries in the series, each dominating their respective consoles and all still being played at high levels today. Especially not at EVO this year.

Dude if you want to argue that way then any fighter is the same. You act as though Step 2. (Hit the other player once) is really easy. It's not. If you don't even understand that, you have no business talking about fighting games.
But memorizing isn't skill, especially when the other player is helpless. Knowledge and memory are parts of skill but not all of it. Skill is, basically, knowing how to do something well. Not just being able to do it.

If Marvel is so easy, why aren't you dominating at it?
Because I don't like it. Why would I waste my time, flying to California and Japan from New Jersey to do something I hate for a living?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)