5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Well, I've done Unova Link Calibration with PPRNG. If you say it is on RNG Reporter too, a few screen caps might reveal some similarities, of which I may be able to provide better assistance.
Im new to all this. I don't really know how to do screen shots. The instructions for the PPRNG is the same as the RNG Reporter. Its just that when I enter all of the information, I don't get any results. I can only get One result after a full system restart. After that it won't find anything else. Even should I re-enter the information.

Unova Link calibration is currently broken for RNG Reporter. Yes, the option to use it does exist, but it doesn't work correctly. According to the development notes, it should be working in the next version, if/when that actually gets released.

For now, you'll have to do the calibration the normal way.

Unova Link calibration is currently broken for RNG Reporter. Yes, the option to use it does exist, but it doesn't work correctly. According to the development notes, it should be working in the next version, if/when that actually gets released.

For now, you'll have to do the calibration the normal way.
How would I go about doing that for a starter pokemon on a brand new file? I want a shiny starter so I can't just go out and catch a pokemon to do a calibration with.

You must not forget that you need an existing save file in order to perform Unova Link calibration anyway.

Besides, we find it damn near impossible to hit the correct PID frame, considering that there are four randomly moving NPCs in that area, especially if your only means to advance the PID frame is saving. Should you happen to find a big cluster with the desired PID, you have been very lucky.

Do I check the international parents box if a parent pokemon is ported over from the Kanto region during B1 breeding? I can't seem to hit my seed and I've tried 10+ times now. Can't imagine I keep missing my timer0 that often when I usually hit it the first time I try.

"During" breeding probably not but even when one of the parents is from Kanto you only check International Parent when they have different nationalities, of course.

As for the Timer0, you might consider recalibrating, best when using a timer like EonTimer to archieve more consistent results. It is possible that your current Timer0 is not your most common one.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Do I check the international parents box if a parent pokemon is ported over from the Kanto region during B1 breeding? I can't seem to hit my seed and I've tried 10+ times now. Can't imagine I keep missing my timer0 that often when I usually hit it the first time I try.
Um, no. Unless that Pokemon happens to originate from a different language, you don't select international. Dpesn't matter what generation they're from.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
To clarify, "international" refers to Pokémon that are from different language games, such as breeding a English Pokémon with a Japanese one, or a Spanish one with a German one, etc. It has nothing to do with in-game regions.

I'm just doing some stationary legends in Black, I only have to have min/max frame both set to 1 don't I?

I have no need to set a nature, or encounter slot do I? (It's been so long since I have done this)

You must not forget that you need an existing save file in order to perform Unova Link calibration anyway.

Besides, we find it damn near impossible to hit the correct PID frame, considering that there are four randomly moving NPCs in that area, especially if your only means to advance the PID frame is saving. Should you happen to find a big cluster with the desired PID, you have been very lucky.
Does this mean that RNGing for a starter with npcs in the area is pretty much impossible? If that's the case ill probably just stick to using RNG for perfect eggs and such later.

I'm just doing some stationary legends in Black, I only have to have min/max frame both set to 1 don't I?

I have no need to set a nature, or encounter slot do I? (It's been so long since I have done this)
If you mean IV frame, then yes, you are correct, keep them at 1/1. You can set a nature if you wish(though synchronizer's eliminate the need for that). You don't set the encounter slot, but set the encounter type to "Stationary Pokemon".

Good luck!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Does this mean that RNGing for a starter with npcs in the area is pretty much impossible? If that's the case ill probably just stick to using RNG for perfect eggs and such later.
It's not impossible, there's just no point. They don't come in any special balls, and they don't have any special moves, so you're better off just breeding them, and getting essentially the same thing, plus egg moves.

It's not impossible, there's just no point. They don't come in any special balls, and they don't have any special moves, so you're better off just breeding them, and getting essentially the same thing, plus egg moves.
I should be able to rng an egg easily enough as a first timer right? It seems like over all that would actually be easy.

Yes it is, as long as it is not Amanita's Eevee. It is different, but for an entirely another reason.
For that one and the shiny Haxorus you need to hit the frame before the target.

Hi guys I'm currently in the middle of the final battle with N, having just captured my Reshiram. I just wanna double check a few things with you befor I beat him and save my game.

I'm trying to RNG a flawless modest Reshiram. The chatots matched and I stopped one frame befor the target frame. Is this right?

The Reshiram I have at the moment has the following stats:

HP 175
ATTACK 126
DEFENSE 120
SP. ATK 187
SP. DEF 140
SPEED 110

Uh...what's the difficulty of using an IV calculator?
Well someone said to use a nature like hardy for some reason but when I tried that I get invalid IVs and when I try a nature like modest (the one I was aiming for) I would get flawless stats.

Edit: I caught it and it was modest and flawless... I dunno what I would have done if it wasn't, lol.

So anyone got any ideas on RNGing Thundurus? I'm hitting the right seed, but can't get the correct frame for Nature/Shininess. I'm after frame 750: if I do 145 Chatot flips I hit 751 consistently; if I do 144 I hit significantly lower at 725. Assuming it's due to some specific wandering NPC movement. Nothing I've tried so far is getting me out of this pattern.

Sorry to ask again, but I would really appreciate advice, as I'm currently unable to do anything else in my game until I release Thundurus.

So anyone got any ideas on RNGing Thundurus? I'm hitting the right seed, but can't get the correct frame for Nature/Shininess. I'm after frame 750: if I do 145 Chatot flips I hit 751 consistently; if I do 144 I hit significantly lower at 725. Assuming it's due to some specific wandering NPC movement. Nothing I've tried so far is getting me out of this pattern.

Sorry to ask again, but I would really appreciate advice, as I'm currently unable to do anything else in my game until I release Thundurus.
Further from this, I've tried a completely different tack: using a timer (I dug out EmLoop!) to count out an appropriate delay towards my target frame (ie. forgetting about Chatot flips, and letting Thundurus' rain advance the PIDRNG by itself).

I figured out I'd need to time about 2.7 seconds to get to roughly the right frame, and have tried changing it from about 2.2 to 3.7 seconds.

The odd thing is that regardless of the time I wait, I get a Hasty nature (and there really aren't many Hasty frames in the vicinity of the frame I'm targeting). This seems to imply that Thundurus' rain isn't actually advancing the PIDRNG at all.

However, as an experiment, I let it just run for half a minute or so, and I did end up with a different Nature. So I have absolutely no idea what to think now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)