Finals Smogon Premier League IV - Finals [Won by The Wifi Wolfpack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Good shit wolves 2 trophies in 2 weeks for gr8 whats a savage!!!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Phenomenal comeback; good work wolves!

I don't think anyone really expected these two teams to be in the finals. I'm impressed by both though, so congrats on making it this far and proving us all wrong, haha.

Good Job wolves, glad to see some of the ex-big members winning the trophy they should've been able to get last year. Great job managing DittoCrow bud, you pulled that out of your ass!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
it's a bit depressing to have gone out like this, especially considering how well we were doing for the first two thirds of the season, but it was an awesome ride and i'm really impressed by all of my teammates. made it pretty far for being widely considered the worst team in SPL, eh?

i'd give separate shoutouts but a) i'm lazy and b) you guys know i think you all rock. we'll get it next year. :) props to wolfpack for winning it all, especially FLCL who helped me test literally every team i used in SPL. congrats guys!

it was cool to follow the tigres through the whole season despite me not actually being on the team; many of them were already great friends, but i've even got to meet/talk more to others like fiction, bro fist, biosci, dunk, and moet!

jacob, solace, gk, and ibo are cuties and tennisace is a buttshit etc. i love all of you guys.

congratulations wolfpack; gotta hand it to dittocrow for picking it up. and yes flcl i dislike you. :\

gg SV, congrats wolfpacks, glad to see dracomalfoy with a trophy finally.

Sorry team, I couldn't come through when you needed me most. The loss hurts much more when you guys are the best group of people I could ever ask for a team and you guys certainly made SPL enjoyable for me even though I hate this game. Hopefully I'll be around for another run (I'm never touching RU again).

Also, thank you serebiiwarriors for the support and anime>pokemon.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ggs wolfpack, i'm glad this spl final included two underdog teams. it definitely made things interesting.
we may not have the trophy but...
(ty cute ium)

tennis / gk / ibo: great managing with some of my favorite people on this site, so i'm glad we got to work together. we definitely drafted a great team despite all the hate we got, so i'm glad it all worked out :)

destinyunknown: fuck off haters, this guy is the Real Deal. dunk you had a great attitude throughout this spl and maintained a good attitude even after all that's happened to you in tournaments. one of our all-stars and an irreplaceable member of the team.

royalflush: can't say i knew much about you going in, but youre obviously a great gsc player and always calmed down players. great team member and a cool guy, glad to get to know you this season.

lightthethunder: no one tried harder to be in the lineup than this guy. he was constantly willing to learn new metas that might help him get in the lineup and help the team out. glad to have him around, his attitude and willingness to help the team are qualities more tournament players need.

zebraiken: i knew you as a friend and the leader of nu, but i really had no idea how strong a player you were until this spl. you were calm, collected, and everything the tigers needed. glad we got to keep you around since you were the glue to the team and helped us out a ton during the draft.

austinf: the rby wonder. when we first drafted you it seemed like you weren't going to be around most of the time so i was definitely worried, but you were able to show up and give it your all. also you're hilarious and the true BOSSTINF

biosci: sucks (jk) youre an awesome guy and a great player. glad to have you on the team giving it your all in every match.

sir: sir is the clutchest guy on the team. don't doubt this guy cause he pulls out wins like no other. i had heard rumors about you being annoying, but i didn't really find that at all during spl. you're a great guy and a great asset to the team, getting the win in adv when we all thought it looked bad.

bro fist: garbo straight from the trash tbh, why did we draft you. like aaron carter taking down shaq, you're a straight up beast

maaf: didn't really get to talk to you much, but when i did you seemed like a good team player and you didn't mind benchwarming for us. glad to have you on the team.

thatsjustpeachy: peachy aka the boss aka straight up best. you were willing to do whatever it took for the tigers to win and are a true tiger through and through. you also helped a ton with the draft, and we couldn't have done it without you.

ebeast: cute user

tv-rocka: tv rockin in the house tonight, great guy, awesome dpp player, glad to have you on the team and to get to know you.

fiction.: always loses, piece of trash, etc.

double01: you're a cool guy and despite your record you were still showing tiger pride. glad to get to know you and have you around the channel.

poppy: obviously youre a cool guy, didnt see you aroudn the channel much but it was cool having you around for ubers testing.

lunar.: you weren't around for the first half of the season much, but you were an awesome presence in the channel for the second half. glad to have you around and talk to you, and your streaming was really cool since we got to watch games that not everyone could see. lil tigre in training

huy: one time regina george punched me in the face, it was awesome.

giga punch: you basically were our sleeper hit, doing battles out of nowhere and winning all over the place. glad to have you on the team

donkey: awesome ubers player, bad with luck and karma. you're a funny guy and it was great having you on the team.

vrille: didn't see you much so idk what to say honestly. thanks for being a tiger i guess!!!

vil: dead

moet: awesome bw player and overall cool guy. glad to get to know you this season. LEROY

tml: cute user but u didn't do much. probably crapo though.

special thanks to honorary tigres ium and oglemi, who are super cute, as well as everyone else who joined us in the finals to help us test.

another thanks to symphonyx64 who was a tiger for like 2 minutes before running the damn show.

great season, great team, next year we'll get it.

*drops mic and exits building*

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Time to be a noob and start the shoutouts I guess:

DittoCrow: You did a great job taking over after Limitless got banned. You motivated everyone and made sure they get their games done, and you cheered up anyone who got in a bad patch of form. We definitely wouldn’t be able to win without you. Also I expect you to get a heart attack by now.

Kevin Garrett: Even though you are not on that often on IRC, the times you do, you always motivate our players and give us useful advice. The team certainly won’t be the same without your experience!

Limitless: Even though you got banned, nobody can take away the fact that you built this team. You worked your ass off to assemble an amazing lineup in lower tiers and older generations, and the result speaks for itself.

DracoMalfoy: ADV master turned DPP master. One of the senior members of the team, I think it is safe to say that everyone looked up to you. Even when you play DPP, you still helped our players to prepare for their ADV games making your presence even more crucial. Again congrats for getting the 5-0 in DPP and finally getting revenge for last year!

Jorgen: The other ex-BIGS member. Mr. dependable. As Limitless said, you are the guy who we all know will definitely win every week. You are one of the most clutch players on the team and I think it is no coincidence that you are the one who clinched our playoff spot and semifinals win over the Sharks.

Tiba: Part three of the ex-BIGS, I’m so happy for you finally winning that trophy! Despite the luck-filled nature of RBY, your 10-1 record speaks for itself. Certainly you and your Tauros know what you’re doing :] Looking forward to playing you in BW Tibo!

Fakes: If Tiba is our Ace then you are our Joker. Even though you are unpredictable at times we’ve had a lot of fun building teams and talking on irc, you also came through with a lot of crucial wins for the team!

FLCL: The best NU player hands down! Power herb solarbeam Charizard might have scarred you for life, but you are also one of the guys that we always chalked as a win at the beginning of each week. You’re one hell of a battler, and one of the veterans on this team. Your presence on the team is irreplaceable.

kingofkongs: VGC master, please supply me with your teams. Even though you had a terrible luck streak in the beginning of the season, you still maintained a positive attitude and managed to turn it around. I think your 2-0 victory in the final proves this. One particular moment I remember was your battle vs Randy, where you pulled off an insane prediction to overcome hax and won. That definitely left a great impression in my mind of your ability as a player. Also you’re an amazing game show host!

PK Gaming: I am very impressed by your dedication to the team, spending a lot of time and effort testing team ideas to get wins for the team. You get us the wins when we needed them most, and I especially love your slaying off WQ! You’re also an awesome guy to talk to, I hope we can all still hang on the wolfpack channel even after the SPL is over.

Sapphire Birch: I didn’t get a chance to really talk to you, but you also clutched it with the divecats in week 8, and your presence certainly improved KOK’s record!

SilentVerse: That SD Samurott sweep will be remembered for a long time. Props to you for using NUs in that game, I think that reflects your ability (and guts) as a player. You are possibly the cutest member on our team hehehe

Snowtatoes: Sammy :] Even though your record wasn’t so good this tournament, I think you have learned a lot from this team tournament. You always kept a positive attitude and presence in our channel, and I hope you had a good time throughout the span of this 11 weeks!

AkhiMarth: 6-1 cocky prick. Go f*** yourself. jk i love you dean please tone down the trolling though. I just don’t want to look like a homosexual and post a long shoutout about you.

DarkLoïc: Our savior! Even though you haven’t enjoyed the best of form in the last 3 weeks, you’ve won so many crucial games for us in different tiers. Your versatility is an invaluable asset for the team, getting you is possibly one of the best trades we made.

Furai: I know it was tough thinking of team ideas every week when not many people in the Wolfpacks play ubers, but you always give it your all and racked up wins after wins. It’s a shame you didn’t get to win in the final game of the tournament, but your hardwork rubs on all of us.

HellPowna: Awoooooooo! Always good spirited, always dependable. You clutched the wins for us in the playoffs. Make it big in Serie A !!!

taxi driver: Another one of our clutch midseason players. Like DarkLoic, you’re not on as often as we’d like in IRC, but in you we know we have a dependable player who will give it your all. It’s been a pleasure talking/working with you.

Lohgock: An unofficial member of our team, you sticked around the channel since the early weeks of SPL and has been a positive presence there ever since.

I really can’t stress this enough, the Wolfpacks won’t be the same if any of you guys are missing. I love how everyone supported each other, nobody gave anyone shit for misplaying, and just give their best week in, week out. Being a part of this great team made me enjoy pokemon again, which says a lot about how good of a time I had with you guys.
Also shoutouts to Mostwanted, ShakeItUp, and Blimlax who helped our teammates test for the finals!

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Amazing season guys. Of course I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get it in the end but there is really no shame in this loss. Wolfpack pulled it together phenomenally, but we outplayed all our expectations and you guys should be proud of that. SPL this season is the most fun I've had on Smogon in a really long time and I'm legitimately sad that it's over. When I heard about teams having player drama, it just made me more appreciative that not only was this team competent, but each member was a legitimately nice person. I hope you guys all hang out the tigres channel for a bit, because it'd be sad for that social channel to die.

Tigers:

Austinf - Became easily one of my favorite SPL posters early on in the season. Your posts literally made me laugh out loud, and you were a great source of optimism even after you weren't started. I know you've had some IRL troubles and I'm happy things are looking up, and I wish you, your dad, and your family the best of luck going forward.

Biosci - When literally everything went wrong on that last turn in the Semis, everybody went bananas. I was impressed, though, when you immediately put aside your own grievances and focused on cheering the team on instead of sitting around sulking. Your 0-3 record does not give your dedication and intensive preparation justice.

bro fist - Where the fuck did gk find you lol. I had no idea who the hell you were when we were drafting but man did that change. Going into midseason 4-0 and later clutching versus the ruiners... definitely one of the breakout BW stars of this SPL. You're also a great personality in the channel, testing with teammates, as well as having a good sense of music heh. Some of the best cash we spent this season.

DestinyUnknown - Holy shit... When I logged onto the draft late and saw you hanging out in the manager channel, I was skeptical as hell. But man, you dashed all my expectations. 8-2 in UU (with a joke loss in RU) and constantly testing with the teammates makes you one of the most amazing teammates I've ever had the pleasure of working with. For 5k, you were definitely in the running for one of the best bargains of the season

Donkey - My 3k snipe, we got you for cheap. I didn't know much about you (you were going to be our Ubers sub l0l) except that you played reasonably well in my Ubers Tournament with syrim, but watching you play pi_face in week 1 made me realize we had a real star here. Your record betrays you, because when you're on, you're honestly one of the best Ubers battlers I've seen in a long time. Dankey, Denkey, Dinkey, Donkey, Dunkey, and sometimes Dynkey, but always business.

Double01 - You got a lot of heat from players this season for your record, but don't let it get you down. Your willingness to help the team in any way you can, even after being benched, made me very proud to have you as a tiger, regardless of how many matches you lost.

EBeast - Didn't talk to you much, but you always logged on and spoke up when you could help. Can't ask for much more than that really.

Fiction. - ey I'm getting sick of yer shit in UNO. 9k for a second-rate UNO player is a bit expensive... but I'll take it. Wields the WD4 like a champ, even though he often gets ghettostomped by them himself.

Giga Punch - You approached me early in the season, worrying that you wouldn't live up to your price tag. While it would've been nice for you to be on a bit more, a nearly-perfect RBY record is something I'm definitely willing to pay for.

Huy - Keeps us grounded. Huy was the reality check this team always needed. "We lost" "No we didn't Huy" was a common exchange this season, but it was always uplifting when Huy pulled his shit together and got us a VGC win.

Light The Thunder - The most enthusiastic sub, bar none. You were on the bench for a long part of the season, but you came roaring off it with two slick wins and a huge amount of team spirit. Sometimes your activity was worrisome, but you'd always log on in the nick of time, never forgetting the team.

Lunar. - In a phrase: Lunar is the hero the Tigers deserved, but not the one it needed. 1-0 pride.

Maaf - Sorry we couldn't start you this year, but you kept up your loyalty through it as a 2-year Tiger and we always like having you around. Cutest Tiger avatar easily.

MOET - Not gonna lie, I was kind of skeptical when you lost to Bri without telling us, and I kind of wanted to bench you, but I'm glad we didn't. You rallyed extremely well and brought us back into your heart. Great kid, and even though he gets lumped in with the "PO players," he has a good head on his shoulders.

Poppy - Why did we trade for u l0l

Royal Flush - Clutch GSC player right here. I'll never forget week 1 when I took my dog for a walk while you played Crystal_, only to come back to pessimistic messages. You remained unfazed, however, saying that you thought you could stall out his Hydro Pumps. Lo and behold, you did us, and allowed us to take off early in the season. Even your waking up in time to play Crystal_ in the semis was clutch :toast:

Sir - I didn't even know you played ADV until this SPL but wow, did you do work. You clutched it for us many times, especially that nail-biter of a tiebreaker versus the Ruiners. Not only that, but you were always willing to help out other teammates in testing, even if it was a little outside your comfort zone. Another great steal right here.

symphonyx64 - Should've rigged it a bit harder.

Thatsjustpeachy - Heart and soul of the team right here. You were willing to stick with us even after our sucky season last year, and that makes you an amazing teammate, no matter what your record was. To add to it, you never even complained when we moved you to RU, and that is the mark of a dedicated player. Someday we'll get you a trophy, mark my words.

ThatsMyLatios - 1-0 pride. Move over ShakeItUp, this here is a champion.

TV-Rocka - Honestly, I was blown away by you multiple times over the course of the season. Your dedication, kindness, ability, and most of all, sportsmanship, were all amazing. I will not forget the adorable PM you sent to bro fist saying that even though you wouldn't be on to watch their games, you would be sending them your best wishes; nor will I forget, when you were playing Iconic, you missed a Hydro Pump, and even though the team was lamenting bad luck and it would've been easy for you to join them, you said "no, I lost because of my playing, not the hax." Please stick around. You're the epitome of what a tournament player should be like.

Veteran In Love - Would've been nice for your computer not to have broken; you're one of the Smogoners I would've liked to get to know. Maybe another time.

Vrille - Didn't see much of you either. You did bring us our 1 RU win though, and for that I am grateful.

Zebraiken - We paid 13k for you this year and it was still an incredible steal. Honestly, I would pay nearly any amount of money for you for what you bring to the team. You are, in my mind, the best NU player on this site, and you always try to help teammates, including picking up and practicing other tiers or just generally being an encouraging presence. Can't imagine a better pick for a team captain.

little_gk - Best absentee captain, but it was great having you around when you had time, and some of your auction picks (bro fist, Dunk, and Colch and Peachy in the past) have been phenomenal. Sorry we couldn't bring you the trophy.

tennisace - sucks at NU I mean even I beat him...

Solace - Honestly the most amazing part of this season is that Solace is still alive despite how many times she stopped breathing.

Non-Tigers:

ium - If there was ever a user that deserved an honorary trophy, it would be ium. From testing with zeb, to counting PP in logs, to drawing cute pictures, you always had the team in mind, despite not being on it. You also programmed a bot to play UNO and thats pretty fuckin awesome.

Thank you to BKC, Malekith, Colchonero, MoP, and august for helping us in the finals with preparation. It was great to see some other teams pitching in to help.

Thank you as well to all our cheerleaders, especially Oglemi. I think this is the first time Great Sage has had the slightest bit of interest in a tournament, which is pretty impressive to me.

Lastly, big congratulations to DittoCrow and the Wolfpack. You guys turned from a shitty team into a group of Champions, making for one of the best comebacks in SPL history. Amazing work, truly.

Please get good at XY so we can retain you Tigers, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)