1vs1 Ultra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1vs1 Ultra!

Approved by Arcticblast!

Hello guys! This is me! This is a new tier. 1vs1 Ultra!
Lastly, I`ve been hosting alot 1vs1 tournaments on Pokémon Showdown and I`ve enjoyed it! I`ve seen alot of battles and tactics in my tournaments and wanted to share this with you guys.
As you can see, I have included Genesect above. Yes, Genesect is unbanned. And so are other Pokémons. However, they`re a little bit nerfed now.

ALL abilities have been released! Also Shadow Tag Chandelure, but he has no point is this tier anyways.
Also, all Pokémons who were once OU in BW are now released and nerfed.
Excadrill - Rapid Spin and Weather teams have no use in this tier.

Thundurus-I - Instead of Prankster, Thundurus-I has Inner Focus as his first ability.

Tornadus-Therian - Regenerator has no use. Still, to give a fair ability to Tornadus-Therian, he gets Prankster now >.>

Blaziken - Instead of Speed Boost, Blaziken has Flash Fire as his Dream World ability.

Darkrai - Nasty Plot and Focus Blast are banned in Darkrai`s movepool.

Genesect - Rock Polish is removed from Genesect`s tier. Otherwise, Genesect was okay in the OU metagame >.>

Also, I felt like Rapid Spin shouldn`t be banned on Excadrill, since it has no use anyways. Excadrill should pretty much be in the UU of the 1vs1s >.>

Also, U-Turn shouldn`t be banned. He can`t switch out anyways, but he can do serious damage on Pokémons who are weak to Bug-type moves. This makes Genesect effective in some way.

Shadow Tag Chandelure doesn`t need a ban, you can`t switch out in 1vs1s anyways.

But we have a banlist ofcourse. It isn`t so big, and it is like the standard banlist:
- Evasion Clause is ON.
One cannot have Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
Also, Snow Cloak and Sand Veil is banned.

- OHKO Clause is ON.
One cannot use Guillotine, Fissure, Sheer Cold or Horn Drill in its moveset.

- Moody Clause is ON.
One cannot have a Pokémon having the ability Moody.

- Soul Dew
One cannot use Latios or Latias with the 'Soul Dew' item.

- Amount of Pokémons
One cannot have more than 1 Pokémon in his team.

- Selfmudering moves (+ Sash)
One cannot use Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, Memento, Final Gambit, Lunar Dance and Perish Song.
One cannot use these moves, including a Focus Sash.

Noticeable Threat List
Also, I took note of some really threatening Pokémons in this tier:
[Scarfed Keldeo] - I see Keldeo easily being the biggest threat in this tier. Secret Sword is amazing, Hydro Pump on water STAB, which can take out ALOT of Pokémons, HP Ghosts to get rid of his opponents and Icy Wind to take out grasses! Keldeo counters pretty much everything that can be a threat to him.
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

[Paraflinch Jirachi] - Also, Jirachi can be a huge threat and hard to take out. It`s an annoying playstyle which is used alot in my tournaments. Actually, Jirachi is by far the most used Pokémon in my tournaments.
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
- Body Slam/Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish

[FEAR Mamoswine] - Believe it or not, FEAR launched on Mamoswine. It has won alot of tournaments, nonetheless. It is not a big threat, mainly due to Mamoswine`s horrible typing.
Made by Cerco
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

[Allout Attacking Machamp] - DynamicPunch + No Guard seems to be a popular set for Machamp. However, easily countered by Ghost-types. Unless Pursuit Machamp >.>
Machamp is, however, a threat to this tier, as Machamp can do alot of damage output.
@ Choice Band
Trait: No Guard
- DynamicPunch
- Pursuit
- ThunderPunch
- Stone Edge

[ToxicStall Gliscor] - Even in 1vs1, ToxicStall Gliscor can be highly annoying. Nonetheless, he has many checks and alot of counters, ToxicStall Gliscor can be a beast in this tier.
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earth Power

[SubSeed Prankster Whimsicott] - Oh god, this set is so deadly. When not prepared, SubSeed Prankster Whimsicott/Cottonee can be a pain in the ass to KO. However, weakened by 5 different types. Whimsicott can nullify the damage from the Substitute easily by a Leftovers+LeechSeed combination.
@ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Taunt/Giga Drain/Encore

[Spore + Swords Dance Breloom] - As you could see, Spore + Swords Dance Breloom is maybe the most gamebreaking Pokémon in this tier. Spore is only countered by Insomnia Pokémons (and the best of those is Honchkrow), or by the Lum/Chesto Berry. However, Breloom counters Keldeo, easily the best Pokémon in this tier. Breloom is THE counterpart of Keldeo.
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed/Substitute

[Dark Void Darkrai] - I see this growing easily one of the bigger threats in the meta-game. Dark Void + Bad Dreams combinations is LETHAL. However, not having Nasty Plot+Focus Blast sucks really bad. However, Dark Void Darkrai is really good.
@ Life Orb
Trait: Bad Dreams
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Focus Punch/Drain Punch/Foul Play

Beginner Section

[Lum Berry]: Lum Berry is a great item. It cures the confusing of Machamp`s DynamicPunch and even better: Breloom`s Spore. The Lum Berry can be a game-breaking move.

[Chesto Berry]: This has the same purpose as Lum Berry, however, Chesto Berry is for curing sleep. Easy to abuse Rest+Chesto with it, which can, on a bulky Pokémon, be incredibly important.

[Choice items]: Choice Band, Choice Specs and Choice Scarf are piece for piece, great items. Maybe they are even the best 3 items in the game. Especially Scarf makes the biggest threat in this tier such a threat: Keldeo. Keldeo with 1.5x boosted speed is amazing. Also, Choice Band/Specs can be a OHKO instead of a 2HKO.

[Focus Sash]: However, this may be the most important item in the whole tier. It allows you to cover 1 hit. A single hit, which is gamebreaking, disastreous. It is the main part of the FEAR tactic. Focus Sash however, is incredibly gamebreaking. It tanks a super-effective hit. Maybe the item that could win a tournament.

I also have a few tips. So as beginner, you`d probably better read this!
Hazards have no point. They are a waste of moves. The only hazard that eventually works is Leech Seed.
If you`d lean towards a stally gameplay, you should reckon a Ferrothorn Leech Seed set.

Weather isn`t dominating in this tier. You can use a Politoed (Specs Politoed + STAB + Rain with Hydro Pump = huge damage output!), Ninetales, Tyranitar or Hippowdon for the STAB, but aren`t very important.

---
Please Luvdisc this! I hope this tier can be implanted in Pokémon Showdown anytime soon!

1vs1 is one of my favorite types of metagames, and I think you improved it quite nicely :)
I think you should include Yanmega and Cottonee/Whimsicott in threatlist - the last two are marvelous SubSeeders with Prankster sub, leech seed and stun spore and Yanmega isn't crippled by SR

Yanmega with Speed Boost is great, when Stealth Rock becomes nullified. However, it is still easily defeat by Rock-moves. And you should mind the other weaknesses, Electric, Ice, Fire and Flying. They are all pretty common types and I don`t know if Yanmega should be such a threat. Even thought, when he is not opposing any of this types, he still can have a hard time setting up his speed. Yanmega isn`t such a threat.

Prankster Cottonee/Whimsicott is actually pretty good. Still, easily destroyed by 5 pretty common types, the Substitute+Leech Seed set is really good, especially in combination with Stun Spore. They actually can be a threat, when not prepared.

Jynx has alot of weaknesses to very common moves, and types. It`s HP and Attack aren`t really stunning, and any simple physical STAB-move can take it down. However, Jynx has a stunning 115 Special Attack and 95 Special Defense. However, Jynx is not fast-paced enough to keep up with the bigger and faster threats, especially Keldeo, or anything else that outspeeds it. Behind a Substitute it can be possibly good, but thats mostly only because someone missed with Stone Edge >.>
Not fast-paced enough, very low HP/Def. Lots of weaknesses.

How could I forget? One of the best Pokémons in this tier. Breloom. It counters Keldeo, takes out shitloads of Pokémons, and has one of the most deadly moves ever: Spore. Spore, the so much hated move. However, you can predict Breloom`s movements pretty easily. Most of the time it is SD+Spore. Amazing 130 Attack stats, only possible counters is LumHeatran or LumVolcarona. Hanging on his Focus Sash, also nullifying any possible Fire-types attacks or attacks which is super-effective on it. Breloom is THE counterpart of Keldeo, in this tier.

There's also Jynx - even though it has a lot of common weaknesses, it's fast, immune to Water moves and has a great SubPlot / Sub+CM set with Lovely kiss and Ice beam

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Sash Breloom. This singlehandedly beats so many offensive threats (and even defensive) one-on-one.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as you already said, I think choice users should be dominating, you don't need to worry about switching, so you can just launch your strongest attack

Oh and maybe smeargle with its trick room set

Edit: ZOROARK

I can see Ampharos being really annoying in this metagame with a Cotton Guard set:

Ampharos @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
-Cotton Guard
-Rest
-Charge Beam
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Of course, this one's gonna have a hard time with Ground-Type mons, but I can't see those being all that popular with Scarf Keldeo being an immeadiate threat in this meta. Sorry I can't elaborate more, I may try to later, but I don't have access to a damage calc because I'm at school.

I am gonna rank a few Pokémon as threats, like in the Viability threads (S Rank, A Rank, B Rank etc)

Choice Users will be dominating, indeed.

@Leafshield, I use Scarf Keldeo in alot of 1vs1 battles, and Scarf Keldeo beats pretty much everything.

This tier seems really fun! I'll be voting for it in the next metagame- is there a possibility we can have some tournaments in the mean time?

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: NaN HP / NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SAtk / NaN SDef
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Endeavor
- Dragon Rage

Perhaps one of the most dangerous pokémon around here. Spore something when they attack you, endeavor to bring them to the same health level as you, and Dragon Rage for the KO. Magic Coat is for opposing taunts/spores.

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Encore

Yeah, that thing beats everything but grass-types. Leech Seed, survive the hit with focus sash and regain all of your health thanks to level 1. sub/protect until opp is dead. Encore for things thinking they can setup. Beaten by priority and multi-hit moves. You could try to get toxic instead of encore for grass-types but lol you're just going to get killed before you kill them.

@Houndoomsday, I frequently host 1vs1 tournaments on the main server of Pokémon Showdown, but not 1vs1 Ultra, as people will forget the rules listed above.

@Sarkynin, I`d go over a priority move more than Dragon Rage, by the way.

Quite an interesting metagame. I can see the 1v1 tourney people enjoying this. :3 The threats will be big, though. And thanks for the credit on the Mamo set. :)

I really do not understand all of your ability and strange takeaways/bans (no RP gene?). Just like any other metagame, if it is unviable or faces competition you just let it drop. You do not modify the Pokes yourself without a large amount of testing in the tier. I understand you have held a few tourneys on PS! but that does not come close to the experience of regular "ladder-like" matches provide. I would prefer everything on the pseudo-ban / modification list to be dropped. Only after a couple weeks can we proceed from there (I would get would of modifications all together.

RP Genesect is the reason why Genesect was banned to ubers.
But you`re right. But I have nobody to test with >.>
But that is an entirely different metagame. I think of plenty of ways to stop RP Genesect extremely easily. Genesect will lose to Infernape 100% of the time with the combination of Fake Out + Flamethrower. Other stuff like Scarf Heatran, Spore+Mach Punch Breloom, and even the listed enedevor Mamoswine can easily stop it. I don't understand the ban on suicidal moves too, especially Explosion and Destiny Bond. Both are integral to the strategy and viability of many Pokemon. Considering that Explosion is not that powerful this gen and that destiny bond necessitates high speed and the opponent to carry a non-attacking move, I think it is unfair to ban them. I don't understand why they are banned with focus sash (the best item of the meta), since you do not survive a suicidal move with sash...

In BW1 I used scarf cloyster for 1v1. It raped the popular dragonite and sash sets.
Pretty sure that techniloom, keldeo, tornadus-t, and genesect don't do it any favors though..
I'd imagine that scarf kyurem-b has some pretty good match ups. Good bulk for 1v1, decent speed for scarf, amazing attack and can actually use freeze shock, outrage and fusion bolt without the fear of the negative repurcussions.
I think scarf/sash terrakion beats it though.. And it is pretty popular

I run this set and it kills almost EVERYTHING!
blissey @ focus sash
evs: 252 hp 252 sdef 4 def
nature: +sdef -atk (to lazy to look it up)
protect
counter
softboiled
toxic
this set uses protect to see if the opponent is physical or special and prevent fake out and if physical use counter if special use toxic, softboiled, and protect to stall
Counters: special steel or poison types that are not common anyway so I dont think you will have a problem with that but there is also other stallers and the worst of all trickers.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This thread is getting kind of out of hand. I'm going to lock this for now. Meloetta, I'm going to send you a PM sometime tomorrow so we can work this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)