Doctor Who

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
what else do you expect from a show where the main character can't die

what else do you expect from a show where the main character can't die
As a Britain I'd expect you to not follow the Americanism of calling everything on Telly a 'show'. Doctor Who is a sci-fi programme aimed at the younger viewer, fyi.

The new series has been pretty poor in comparison to some of the Tennant ones. Not blaming the actors, they've been half-decent. Seems Moffat & co are a bit dry for ideas and inspiration. They're gonna have to pull something out of the bag soon though, surely?

Crux

Banned deucer.
As a Briton I would expect you to be less of a bellend.

"What TV shows have you been watching lately"
"I don't watch TV shows I only watch sci-fi programmes aimed at younger views and intense legal dramas"

Episode was alright. It's the best one yet (not saying much though), but it fell a little flat towards the end. One thing I noticed is how stereotypical the haunted house was, what with all the lightning and candlelight, and for some reason that really got on my nerves. Also, it wasn't as frightening as I was hoping/expecting it to be, as the tension was lost when the first 15 or 20 minutes of it had brought it up. Does anybody have theories about Clara? Here's some things to take into account.

- The TARDIS didn't let Clara in. As far as I'm aware, this has never happened before.
- The woman read Clara as just a normal human being. (Which is strange, since Clara has the mind of a supercomputer)
- the number 23 or 22 or whatever was left out from the page with the leaf.

Also there have been a lot of theories about Clara being CAL from Silence in the Library, or being Donna's daughter which River Song raised.

EDIT: Next episode looks interesting. The interaction between Clara and the Doctor, when the Doctor becomes more paranoid about Clara will be shown a lot I think, "What are they?" "I can't tell you" and "What are you? A trick, a trap?". Going into the heart of the TARDIS... didn't Rose do that once and destroyed all daleks? Also my guess about the monsters: The Silence. They look slender and they make the same noise. The Silence is definitely one of my favourite Doctor Who baddies, so this should be fun.

Crux

Banned deucer.
The TARDIS also rejected Cpt. Jack the first time he tried to enter it. This is what is giving rise to the theory that she could be his daughter / relative.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CLARA IS SO CUTE
yea!!!!!!!!!!

also i really really REALLY hate clara theories since most of the leading ones that i've heard link her to an already existing character in some way and people tend to overshadow her OWN character for a theory.

if there's anything to latch onto aside from the tardis hating her, i'd believe that clara's fixation with ghosts is somewhat important. ("i don't believe in ghosts" at the end of the christmas special, "i can't compete with a ghost" in the rings of akhaten, "we're all just ghosts to you" in this episode)

and lol @ the tardis calling clara self-centered

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
sadly i agree. That ghost thing does sound really interested though Solace, didn't realise that until now.

Horrible episode in a so far horrible series.
It's a British telly programme, so I fixed it for you.

Best episode so far of a below average series.

TBH thought I can't see the series or any future ones improving that much without a change of writers, or (as much as it pains me to say it) a change of doctor.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not enjoying this series as much as I'd hope too. The Submarine one was just plain bad, I didn't feel it did much for the story thus far. The one just aired wasn't as good as anticipated - It just felt lazily concluded and could have had much more added to it.

Crux's theory is interesting - with her being Captain Jack's daughter. I'm curious to hear other theories about who Clara actually is - I'm pinning my hopes on a Dalek duplicate.

and I agree with Django, Clara is just so cute :3

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
It's a British telly programme, so I fixed it for you.
It must be really difficult for you to get through each and every day.

I thought all the episodes have been entertaining so far. That's all that really matters since they're just one-shots to help characterize Clara and build the dynamic between her and the Doctor.

Crux

Banned deucer.
IMO the show has been steadily declining for the past few seasons anyway, so my expectations are much lower now.

... I'm finding myself basically tuning in for Clara's dress sense every weekend. I think I have a problem. The episode itself wasn't really much to write home about I thought.

Also, one question: how the fuck do you not realise you're not made of metal?

Episode was the best out of a bad bunch. As with every Doctor Who episode, nothing made sense (even more this time), but the interaction between Clara and the Doctor was interesting. Also, I kinda feel that it's stupid that Clara knows the Doctor's name now, unless this is important for finding out who Clara is.

@Son_of_Shadoo I've learnt to ignore any consistencies in Doctor Who episodes, since there's so many. I could easily say about ten or fifteen I found in this episode alone, but why bother?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clara doesn't remember the Doctor's name since time was reset. She also doesn't remember the zombies, or that the Doctor had admitted all the times he met her before, or any of the events that took place on the TARDIS in the episode. Essentially, it's back at square one. That's why when the Doctor asked Clara if she felt safe, she did, even though before the time reset she was afraid of the Doctor.

And he wouldn't know he wasn't an android because they convinced him he had a flesh coating. For as long as he could remember they had told him he was a robot, and that was what he believed he was. It's not like he would have ever dissected himself and realized there was no metal underneath.

♥ clara oswald is better than u ♥

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just finished the first half of season 7. "The Angles Take Manhattan" was such an awesome episode. I love'd the ending, but I did notice the angles were still not moving when nobody was looking. Can't wait till Netflix gets the 2nd half on DVD (or even streaming). Does anyone know a place were I can watch the 2nd half (legally and hopefully free) since I really want to finish the season and I don't have cable.

Solace

royal flush
what did you guys think of today's episode? i thought it was one of the strongest of the season. vastra/jenny/strax are a fun combo and it was a pretty interesting storyline.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I liked today's episode a lot. Clara going back to Victorian Era and confusing the fuck out of Vastra and Jenny was great. Thought the acting across the board was great fun, and I loved the shit out of the Kids blackmailing their way onto the Tardis.

A+ Episode watching again right now.

Crux

Banned deucer.
"dad, dad, dad, our nanny's a time traveler and her boyfriend's an alien"
"yeah sure kids... nice photoshop"

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
really? I thought it was one of the worst of the season (and that's pretty significant considering how bad the rest of the episodes have been).

what did you guys think of today's episode? i thought it was one of the strongest of the season. vastra/jenny/strax are a fun combo and it was a pretty interesting storyline.
Basically this. Strax was amazing as always.

But I did facepalm at the "Thomas Thomas" bit. Christ, that was just sad.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Was it just me, or was that Jenny (Doctor's Daughter) in the preview of next week's episode? They only showed her for about a second.

"dad, dad, dad, our nanny's a time traveler and her boyfriend's an alien"
"yeah sure kids... nice photoshop"
That was my total response to that scene. It seemed so contrived and fake; how on earth would the kids be able to automatically put two and two together without going into disbelief? If that had actually happened, they would have been less confrontational and more inquisitive. No one can just look at those pictures and just simply accept that they are the result of time travel.
Other than that, the episode was enjoyable.

Solace said:
vastra/jenny/strax are a fun combo and it was a pretty interesting storyline.
Those three side characters seem pretty strained as well imo. Though I am warming up to Strax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)