Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Noivern, too.I think that it's face makes it look like a dragon, and the wyvern thing, I still think it could be dark, but flying is acceptable.I honestly liked the fact, that a cute little sylveon, can hurt slaying dragons.I am a boy, but I like the ''David-Goliath'' theme, aka little fairies are powerful enough to break through dragons.What about Celebi?It's an obvious fairy, too.

noivern = noir [black] wyvern [a type of dragon that does not have forelegs - using the 'arms' on its wings as them]
Or the 'noi' could be for 'noise' since it seems to play off bats and echolocation, and learns a move named BoomBurst. I'm guessing it's one of our 'ordinary' dragons like Flygon/Altaria/Druddigon (ie not Pseudo-legendary). The design is quite nice and it manages to avoid looking like the other Dragons which fly.

Nice to have Fairy type confirmed. At this point, it was not a huge surprise given the secrecy around Sylveon's type and the somewhat credible leaks. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's weak to Steel and Poison just as rumored. Just from the standpoint of mechanics, it makes sense to boost some of the poorer offensive types.

Do you think Pokemon Amie will help pokemon perform better in battle?
Eg. Not missing certain moves like hydro pump, or a slight increase in crits?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New news! From Serebii:

So that's cool.
Spewpa is a... really unappealing name. :( I mean it sounds kind of like pupa so that's okay but stillllll. Makes sense tho, but if that's the only other one in Vivillon's evolution line then chances are it'll be more like Venomoth than the other two butterflies, which isn't that bad tbh.

Or the 'noi' could be for 'noise' since it seems to play off bats and echolocation, and learns a move named BoomBurst. I'm guessing it's one of our 'ordinary' dragons like Flygon/Altaria/Druddigon (ie not Pseudo-legendary). The design is quite nice and it manages to avoid looking like the other Dragons which fly.

Nice to have Fairy type confirmed. At this point, it was not a huge surprise given the secrecy around Sylveon's type and the somewhat credible leaks. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's weak to Steel and Poison just as rumored. Just from the standpoint of mechanics, it makes sense to boost some of the poorer offensive types.
If you go through this thread, mind I was the first one to bring ALL of the name bases up. Stfu.

Somebody mentioned Hidden Power. Now one of 2 things will happen here.

- Hidden Power remains untouched and cannot be Fairy Type.

- The calculations will be revised so Fairy can be used. However doing that will change the Hidden Power types and power of Pokemon transferred from previous generations. This is the likely option though.

Quoting serebii:

Hey all

Just figured I'd let you know that there is far more to come tonight. They won't just be reiterating this stuff.

OK. Still a new fairy type is strange because we already have a fairy egg group which includes Pikachu. Anyway I bet that the new Sylveon will become an OU pokemon.
If experience has taught me anything, it's that the competitive viability of an eeveelution is inversely proportional to how much I want to cuddle with it. Judging from this fool-proof formula, Sylveon will probably be NU or RU.
All we know is it's typing (which we know one thing about), and one attack, which seems to have good power and can lower the enemies attack stat, so I'd say it's too early to say much, especially since we don't know anything else about fairy yet.

OK. Still a new fairy type is strange because we already have a fairy egg group which includes Pikachu. Anyway I bet that the new Sylveon will become an OU pokemon.
It's not a big deal imo. There's nothing saying they can't have a Fairy type because there's already an egg group named after it (I think there's egg groups Water 1, Water 2, etc. too).

It's like with the Gen IV evolutions, people said some of them weren't right because the methods to evolve them were possible in previous generations, but there's nothing stopping them from doing that, even if it doesn't make such sense.

There's other "rules" people think exist but they're not rules too. People for some reason think a Pokemon is only allowed to have three stages in its evolutionary line. We've never had one with more than three stages yet, but there's no reason why it can't happen.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Now that the shock of the Fairy type has settled somewhat, I've figured I might as well embrace it. Perhaps it will push the dragons down from their mighty throne. Perhaps most fairies will be slower than dragons, and obliterated by the secondary attacks the dragons tend to carry (and still hit hard with). Though, if the rumoured immunity is true, at least it will be easier to stop an Outrage rampage now.

One thing really irks me, though: Kids will inevitably start screaming for Light or Sound or Love types or whatever come gen. VII. Now that a new type actually happened despite the great sceptisism of the community, they definitely won't shut up. "It happened in Gen. VI, so stay quiet!" they will say, then proceed to post proposed stat spreads, modified type effectiveness charts and new moves, names and all.

Also, I guess Vivillon will be the Ledian of this generation: An early fully evolved bug akin to Butterfree or Dustox, but only evolving once. It will probably be the kind of 'mon you ditch before reaching the fourth gym.

perhaps hidden power will be randomized instead?
I think maybe they just won't have a Hidden Power Fairy tbh. Since it'll mess up traded Pokemon from previous generations. Or they could just have it replace Hidden Power Steel since nobody uses that anyway lol.

Now that the shock of the Fairy type has settled somewhat, I've figured I might as well embrace it. Perhaps it will push the dragons down from their mighty throne. Perhaps most fairies will be slower than dragons, and obliterated by the secondary attacks the dragons tend to carry (and still hit hard with). Though, if the rumoured immunity is true, at least it will be easier to stop an Outrage rampage now.

One thing really irks me, though: Kids will inevitably start screaming for Light or Sound or Love types or whatever come gen. VII. Now that a new type actually happened despite the great sceptisism of the community, they definitely won't shut up. "It happened in Gen. VI, so stay quiet!" they will say, then proceed to post proposed stat spreads, modified type effectiveness charts and new moves, names and all.

Also, I guess Vivillon will be the Ledian of this generation: An early fully evolved bug akin to Butterfree or Dustox, but only evolving once. It will probably be the kind of 'mon you ditch before reaching the fourth gym.
Yeah, I think I could deal with a light-type but sound and love type just sound stupid. Just like fucking fairy type.

It happened in Gen II with Steel and Dark (when I was a kid myself), and people weren't really screaming out for more after that.

They changed the type chart over the years too. Bug used to be super-effective against Poison, and Ice used to be neutral against Fire, and so on.

They never said Spewpa was the ONLY thing it evolved from. Spewpa could very well evolve from something else.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know the full list of match ups from the smash sketch? I don't trust the pokebeach leak, and I seem to remember 'sylveon' being weak to fighting and not super effective against it. I think the smash sketch is now our best source for the fairy matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 35)