Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Fairy type is real. And it's called Fairy.

I might have lost a bet or two. Anybody know any good recipe for hat stew?
Some Velveeta cheese really helps. Probably. I imagine anything would help.

So we know that they're retyping older pokemon, what are people's guesses as to any other retyped fairies? I don't mean the obvious stuff like Clefairy or snubbull, I mean stuff that people weren't exactly expecting but make some sense, like Gardevoir or Marill. I'd say the Roselia (or maybe not since dual-typing) and Cherrim families seem like decent candidates.

EDIT: The official site updated to say that that Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff are dual typed with their old types, so they're now Psychic/Fairy, Water/Fairy, and Normal/Fairy respectively.

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blissey for Fairy-type lol.
I think they will spam fairies in Gen6 because otherwise there will be too few fairies.

And S18 you misread that sentence. (btw is PS down?)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WEAK to dragon?
No no no no no no no no no we were so close...

If anything, we would know it shares some qualities with steel, going by the smash sketch as sylveon is confirmed fairy now.

Just divide the personality value by 18 and take the remainder. This way we'll have HP Normal too.
I think he meant what about pokemon who now have a certain HP type (and are transferred to XY). Will it change? Will there be no fairy HP at all? Will there be no transfers?

I can't imagine Fairy-type helping much at all - it is weak to Dragon. No, we don't know what else it hits SE, but if it doesn't hit most dragons for 4x then there's little point to it. Seems like a botched attempt to balance the game imo. Fairy-types themselves will probably be rarely used and instead of Fairy-type moves just pack Ice Beam. I hope I'm wrong, though.

EDIT: Horribly wrong.

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How Fairy-type Pokémon and moves will fit into the battle landscape has yet to be fully revealed. But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Dragon-type Pokémon had only two weaknesses: Ice-type moves and Dragon-type moves. The new Fairy type changes the balance in a big way!
Read that closely. It's not weak to Dragon. Dragon is weak to Dragon.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What the official website is saying is that until now Dragon only had two weaknesses: Ice and Dragon. Fairy adds a third weakness.

Guys , it was written in the site, that dragon is now weak against dragon, ice and fairy...I haven't seen anything saying that fairy is weak against ice and dragon.Let's be more careful.

While I really didn't want a fairy type (adding a new type does not equal innovation), I'm still getting X and Y day one. It won't really affect the Pokemon game experience overall. Though I am interested in its metagame affects.

Also fingers crossed it's weak to poison and dark, they need all the help they can get.

I don't mind this Fairy typing. To me this is just a patch to possibly make some older mons viable. I think it can be pretty cool. Just wish it was something other than "Fairy" though...

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Curses subject 18 you got me all worked up

I'm predicting poison weakness and strong against ice, going by smash. A dragon resistance could cement it as the second best type ever.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Calculated Fairy Wind from Gardevoir to be between 50 and 60 power.

Moonblast would've either required a significant rigging of EVs, nature, and IVs to OHKO Salamence. Either that, or it was 140 base power and Sylveon's 130 stat is SpA.

Moonburst would've either required a significant rigging of EVs, nature, and IVs to OHKO Salamence. Either that, or it was 140 base power and Sylveon's 130 stat is SpA.
That last one is unlikely as Glaceon and Espeon both have SpAtk as their highest right?

Unlikely doesn't mean impossible though.

Moonburst would've either required a significant rigging of EVs, nature, and IVs to OHKO Salamence. Either that, or it was 140 base power and Sylveon's 130 stat is SpA.
Moonblast was used against Haxorus in the trailer, wasn't it? And it cut to a different scene before haxorus fainted. As for the pictures on the website, we don't know what moves were used. Or I'm missing something here.

you are so late to the party its already over lol
Lolololololololololol Sorry.

Anyway... Noivern's name is definitely a combination of the words Noise, Noir (FRENCH! For black) and wyvern.

Vivillon is Vivid and Papillon (FRENCH! For Butterfly).

I guess they released the Pokemon based on French words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)