Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you honestly just say Metagross is terrible? Base 135 Attack, 130 Defense. STAB Bullet Punch coming off that attack stat. Rethink your statement.
it's not good in ou because it's outclassed and can't really do anything better than anything else.

and i mostly play uu and know this lol.

I'd be interested to see if Poison types rise in usage slightly, or if Steel types start taking advantage of their stabs more often. Perhaps flash cannon won't be such a pointless move anymore?

So, this is the dude who evolves with you turning 3DS upside down. Name was Inkay if i recall correctly, and evolutions name was Malimar (or something calimar related). And now look at its head. A octopus. Ink, Calimar. Wow.

I'm very excited for the new type announcement! But why did Jigglypuff kept its Normal typing? I hope they don't do the same with Clefairy.

It might so stupid in a way, but if you noticed, the old Pokemon that have become type Fairy, only have one type to begin with. IMO, Jirachi will retain its Steel/Psychic type.. but thats just me. Oh and Celebi might end up being Grass/Fairy.

So, this is the dude who evolves with you turning 3DS upside down. Name was Inkay if i recall correctly, and evolutions name was Malimar (or something calimar related). And now look at its head. A octopus. Ink, Calimar. Wow.
Nice find. I didn't even notice the resemblance or connection. Most of the alleged leaks have all been confirmed or supported. I suppose that means dual-type attacks are a definite possibility.

EDIT@ Bromar: So Jirachi, which has two types, won't trade one for Fairy, but Celebi, which also has two types, will? I don't understand.

Nice find. I didn't even notice the resemblance or connection. Most of the alleged leaks have all been confirmed or supported. I suppose that means dual-type attacks are a definite possibility.

EDIT@ Bromar: So Jirachi, which has two types, won't trade one for Fairy, but Celebi, which also has two types, will? I don't understand.
Lmao a hell of a brainfart by me. Forgot Celebi had two types. Scratch that part then.

well the pokemon that are getting the fairy type don't have anything to loose by becoming fairy. i hope any others announced to be fairy will be the same way.

celebi and jirachi are just fine with what they have

well the pokemon that are getting the fairy type don't have anything to loose by becoming fairy. i hope any others announced to be fairy will be the same way.

celebi and jirachi are just fine with what they have

Youuu don't know that yet. Fairy could have some nasty weaknesses.

That's going to be pretty cool if the leak was entirely real...we may have a majority of the Pokedex or something, if I'm remembering what Pokebeach said about the leak correctly. I'm really getting excited for this generation, especially the part with Nintendogs.

I do hope some of those Pokemon have really good evolutions. The seahorse will be pretty cool, I assume, and Fletchling's line is looking decent (that also means it's our first evolution besides Sylveon!).

The next reveals they should do need to be the starter's evolutions and Xerneas and Yveltal's types. I'm saddened by a lack of information.

Lastly...mods, can we do a poll about which game people currently want? I feel like it would be in good taste to do it. :3

Am I the only one who thinks that if Fairy-Type is weak to Steel and Poison like the old Pokebeach rumor says, then we might be seeing a few Fairy/Dragon/Dugtrio cores?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I can see how people are getting excited for "one VS many" battles, but...

Who's to say you'll fight all of them at the same time? There are PLENTY of occasions in-game where you face multiple opponents in one area. All of those times, you battle them one or two at a time.

Who's to say you'll fight all of them at the same time? There are PLENTY of occasions in-game where you face multiple opponents in one area. All of those times, you battle them one or two at a time.
did they all appear on the battlefield at the same time, though?
[also you never fought those psyduck they walked away]

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Interesting, Fairies are the ideal dragonslayers we've been waiting 2 generations for (Steel has difficulty retaliating offensively whereas ice can't switch in). I also hope that the type changes aren't limited to Fairy-type so some Pokemon can get their "rightful" typing. *cough*Yanmega*cough*

did they all appear on the battlefield at the same time, though?
[also you never fought those psyduck they walked away]
It might just be Pokemon's version of a quick time event...maybe it rotates based on the starter you chose? I dunno, just an idea.

Something I realised, it probably is highly unlikely, but still:

Woobat --> Swoobat --> Noivern

Maybe with a Dusk stone, or maybe even a new stone? Maybe even a completely new evolution method?

Interesting, Fairies are the ideal dragonslayers we've been waiting 2 generations for (Steel has difficulty retaliating offensively whereas ice can't switch in). I also hope that the type changes aren't limited to Fairy-type so some Pokemon can get their "rightful" typing. *cough*Yanmega*cough*
what do you think yanmega's "rightful" typing is? bug/rock, or perhaps bug/dragon?

Something I realised, it probably is highly unlikely, but still:

Woobat --> Swoobat --> Noivern

Maybe with a Dusk stone, or maybe even a new stone? Maybe even a completely new evolution method?
This is what I thought when I saw it for the first time, but then I realized it'll probably end up like Alomomola and Luvdisc.

what do you think yanmega's "rightful" typing is? bug/rock, or perhaps bug/dragon?
I don't think Yanmega's type should be changed, but Psyduck and Golduck need to be reclassified as Water/Psychic.

Youuu don't know that yet. Fairy could have some nasty weaknesses.
hopefully they come with some interesting resistances too.

on another note, i think noivern looks pretty cool. disapointed with last set of reveals. but that squid thing looks like a mutated horsea :(

I think you might need Vivillon to evolve Eevee into Sylveon. Look at Vivillon's inner wing color scheme compared to Sylveon's ribbon color scheme. The method would probably be like Mantyke & Remoraid or even worse: Karrablast & Shelmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)