Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, has it been confirmed that pokemon like clefairy will become normal/fairy. I hope not, normal type doesn't even give it any new coverage and only adds a weakness even though its immune to ghost. STAB mach punches and close combats will hurt a lot more than shadow balls

On another note, has it been confirmed that pokemon like clefairy will become normal/fairy. I hope not, normal type doesn't even give it any new coverage and only adds a weakness even though its immune to ghost. STAB mach punches and close combats will hurt a lot more than shadow balls

Who knows? The rumors could be wrong and Fairy could end up resisting fighting and being weak to ghosts.

My point is that it would be the most fragile thing ever if by some act of god it ended up with 135+ Atk and 108+ Speed, leaving it with something awful like base 50-60 in HP/Def/SpD. That isn't good for something that would be spamming recoil moves on top of 4x SR weakness. Talk about being revenge killed even by resisted priority. Also Staraptor isn't close at all to being OU going off of usage stats.
There's doubles, you know. Just putting it out there. Without rocks and with screens, that thing would be a beast. Hell, put paralisys support over there, and it doesn't even need that much speed.

Considering Talonflame's distinct crest which isn't present at all on Fletchling, along with fully developed talons, primary feathers, eye ring, and mask, I have to assume it's the final evolution of the Fletchling line. Notice the development of the eye ring. As a Fletchling it's just a triangle, which eventually encircles its entire eye. Fletchling's primaries are white while Talonflame has black. Fletchling doesn't even have anything that resembles a mask while Talonflame clearly does. And the talons. Lol out of everything, this is the part that should make it clear that Fletchling requires another stage to get to Talonflame. Also, its tail feathers ARE fully developed (maybe the pattern indicates one stripe for base stage, three for third?).

I don't know if anybody else has already mentioned this...

But I think the colour of Flabébé's flower will be the same as the "colour" of the type of it's hidden power. Let's say Flabébé's hidden power-type is water, then it will have a blue flower.

Or the colour of it's catching location determines the colour of it's flower.

I don't know if anybody else has already mentioned this...

But I think the colour of Flabébé's flower will be the same as the "colour" of the type of it's hidden power. Let's say Flabébé's hidden power-type is water, then it will have a blue flower.

Or the colour of it's catching location determines the colour of it's flower.
Most likely... No.

I do, however, see Coastal Flabébé with a hibiscus-like flower.

I noticed some people trying to calculate the power of the moves shown, but, if you ask me, there are too many variables to get a good number. The moves could be influenced by critical hits, choice items, life orb, wise glasses/muscle band, adaptability, or maybe even a variable base power, or perhaps utilizing the targets (Sp.) Atk. or maybe even the pokemon using its (Sp.) Def. Also, the moves could do a set amount of damage or a set percentage of damage compared to another stat. I know some of the options I listed haven't been done before, but they could still happen.

I noticed some people trying to calculate the power of the moves shown, but, if you ask me, there are too many variables to get a good number. The moves could be influenced by critical hits, choice items, life orb, wise glasses/muscle band, adaptability, or maybe even a variable base power, or perhaps utilizing the targets (Sp.) Atk. or maybe even the pokemon using its (Sp.) Def. Also, the moves could do a set amount of damage or a set percentage of damage compared to another stat. I know some of the options I listed haven't been done before, but they could still happen.
People are also assuming that pokébeach rumours are right (e.g. weakness of Fairy type) and speculating over them, so trying to estimate the BP of some moves actually shown isn't that bad

yo

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this stuff yet, but heres my thoughts on clauncher: The name obviously has something to do with launching, and the description on the website says something about using the larger claw to launch projectiles. So during evolution, the larger claw will become a cannon of sorts to launch larger projectiles. Cannons and guns are made of steel. I'm calling this, clauncher is going to be a badass Water/Steel cyborg type thing with a cannon arm. need a new pokemon why not zoidberg err I mean clauncher

Mmhmmm.
You know when i will lol incredibly hard?
When Gamefreak reveal all starters to be: Grass/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Water/Fairy.
At least Fennekin would not be Fire/Fighting. :P

Two thoughts about Talonflame.

1. I think it's name could be talon + enflame. Would have been more transparent and probably looked better if it were "Talenflame," huh?

2. It may be the only evolution of Fletchling, as only one spot was shown in the Pokedex after it. Someone zoomed in on a Pokedex preview in a promotional image, and there wasn't room for 2 stages. Things could change, however... and the site does say that Talonflame is "an evolution" instead of "the."

Just some food for thought! I'm personally stoked for Clauncher and Skrelp, hope they become some serious BA water types. Calling Water / Steel on Claunchy!

So, since Aerophoenix has already calculated everything that could be calculated, the only thing seems to be remaining for me is to recap the unrevealed information:

Corocoro currently didn't reveal:
-Everything that was shown in E3 trailer(not Direct trailer). This includes Talonflame, Clauncher and Skrelp as well as Sky Battles(Horde battles was revealed though, and Talonflame apparently appeared in Smash but not Skrelp and Clauncher). Mind you, they revealed Meloetta in February, but it was only revealed and recapped by Corocoro in May, so they will probably do the same thing here.

Stuff that aren't currently revealed about new Pokémon that are/were likely to be mentioned:
-Everything about Newtwo ever(Yveltal already mentioned enough times how it will most likely be the topic of the next month).
-Abilities of any Gen VI Pokémon ever, specifically primary abilities(check Cobraroll's post regarding this).
-Further details of Fairy-type(though this is not too likely to be discussed to be honest before the release).
-Classsification of Yvetal and Xerneas and their typing(this really will happen whenever they feel like revealing them).

Other generic pre-release information we don't have:
The stuff that will probably be announced the earliest(ie. next month):
-The professor.
-The second gym leader?
-Signature Pokémon of the next animé protagonists.
-Next animé series.
-Wi-Fi connection features.
-Next movie trailer?
-Some tease of the next side challange(ie. Contests/Musicals/Pokéstar Studios).
-Next new gear.
-First details of the new evil team.

The stuff that will probably be announced near the release:
-At least one admin of the new evil team.
-All of the gym leaders.

Stuff that don't really have a set date:
Stuff that has %50 chance of being revealed:
-The other Bug-type that isn't Vivillon(Venipede line wasn't showcased, neither was Nincada-line or Combee-line. Kricketot/Burmy were, so were the entire Wurmple family and Sewaddle. Though since we haven't seen anything along with Vivillon, we probably won't see).
-The generic two-stage Psychic-type(Only Mime Jr. and Munna line were shown early, Spoink didn't.)
-Fossils(only Cranidos and Shieldon were revealed because they were encountered in Roark's gym).
-The tall grass Water-type(Wingull and Buizel were showcased early but Tympole didn't though Panpour did).
-Some mid-game Pokémon that isn't the mid-game Grass-type(Noivern already fills in the the necessary quote, but there might be more like in B/W).
-More Good Rod/Surf Pokémon(Skrelp and Clauncher already fill in the necessary quota, but there might be more).

Stuff that have %100 chance of being showcased:
-The generic rodent.
-Two early route Normal-types.
-At least one version exclusive duo that aren't the cover legendary and one member of version exclusive duo(Glameow of Glameow/Stunky duo and Braviary of Braviary/Mandibuzz duo).
-The traditional early route Grass Pokémon(Bellsprout/Oddish, Hoppip, Seedot/Lotad, Budew, Cottonee/Petilil)
-The traditional gimmicky early Grass Pokémon(Paras, Sunkern, Shroomish, Cherubi(Cherrim was showcased prior release, not Cherubi), Pansage perhaps? B/W didn't really have a distinct gimmicky early Grass-type. Most of them were mid-game even if they are treated as early-game by most media.)
-Pikaclone(s).
-Connection features(including the battling facility).
-Other new features, new Attacks and Abilities.
-Connection with the previous gen(well, as early as they can finish it).

Assuming they exist:
-At least two pre-evolutions of a previous gen Pokémon.
-At least one member of the new early three-stage Psychic-type line(s).
-The early Dark-type.
-At least one standard evolution of a previous gen Pokémon.

Types that don't have a representative in the currently unveiled Pokémon:
-Ground
-Psychic(possibly excluding Newtwo).
-Dark(possibly excluding Yveltal).
-Steel
-Ice
-Rock
-Ghost

Everything else aren't exactly a part of a pattern so I can't list them easily. Some of the already revealed stuff probably already covers some of these so w/e.

2. It may be the only evolution of Fletchling, as only one spot was shown in the Pokedex after it. Someone zoomed in on a Pokedex preview in a promotional image, and there wasn't room for 2 stages. Things could change, however... and the site does say that Talonflame is "an evolution" instead of "the."
You can clearly see there are two empty spots after Fletchling until the next Pokémon(check the end corners as well).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wonder what will become of Skrelp as it grows? Is it an earlygame single-stage Pokémon? Does it evolve until a bigger sea creature slightly resembling Kingdra? Or if it has three stages, what might happen to the scrawny little seahorse?

Personally, I hope they go all out on the seahorse concept. There are generally two kinds of seahorses: The adorable little hippocampi, and the mythological sea horse. And among the most famous of those, known from Irish and Scottish legends: The kelpie.

Skrelp's name is derived from kelp, but add a couple of characters, and... yeah. Wouldn't it be slightly plausible to imagine that Skrelp grew from being one type of seahorse to the other? Heck, both are known as "hippocamp" in relevant literature.

The kelpie is a nasty piece of horse, tricking people to climb its back, before turning awfully sticky and then leap into the nearest body of water to drown and devour its prey. The behaviour appears to be more like how a Dark type would be, but the stickiness fits well with Poison too. Types aside, a watery horse would suit Pokémon perfectly, it exists within European legends, and hasn't been done yet if memory serves me correctly. It would also help differentiate Skrelp from Horsea and its family of seahorses, and add a badass Poison type to the game.

Or, you know, I might be totally wrong. But at least it's fun to dream.

EDIT: Concerning Talonflame, I think it's a decent name. For a move. On a Pokémon, however... it could certainly use some tweaking. Removing the N, for instance, wouldn't exactly involve a lot of creativity, but the word would roll easier off the tongue.

well, even with pony here:

it's not like we can't have more than one kelpie, right? especially if they look really different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)