1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon XY General Discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal

Yveltal

Stupid. It's always the fake ones that try to describe what new Pokemon are going to look like. The entire internet has agreed that, because Clauncher has yellow bits, it will become a Water/Electric, and they just made up a rumor following that notion. I'm not saying it isn't possible that GF wanted to go that route (I'm feeling it evolves into a Water/Fire, with a much more intense blue as its primary color and yellow/white undertones to resemble a really hot flame) , but that mention is their biggest deal breaker, the second biggest is the old Pokemon listed who will get evolutions. Once again, it's just coincidentally going with the majority opinion on what should happen. The Pangoro note seems plausible, but even if it was from a legitimate source, I'd only take it with a grain of salt. The extra two kids could be members of the newest evil organization, but they didn't shoot for the stars with that mention like with everything else on their list. Fie on bad rumors :[
  2. cant say

cant say

On the topic of non flying / levitating Pokemon that could potentially be in sky battles (ie Volcarona), I'd really enjoy seeing Golurk featured in it. I think it would look real cool with its rocket feet and hands. Sure it's ground typing would be useless, but, ROCKETS!
  3. BreakMyFate

BreakMyFate

Besides 4chan hasn't released any legitimate rumors before that have been proven now.

also "Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned. "

The design and ability don't make any sense. We already have the ability pickpocket anyway
  4. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

I want Newtwo to be Psychic/ Flying or fairy.
  5. Tytus

Tytus

This... actually makes the name much more acceptable to me. Awesome first post.

Maybe not such close counterparts as Magmar/Electabuzz, but version exclusives maybe?

I personally love Fire/Fighting types and would welcome a new addition. *Dodges rotten vegetables and stones*
  6. The Reptile

The Reptile mfw
    is a Pre-Contributor

Personally, I would love to see a non-starter Fire/Fighting evolution line.
  7. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Nice catch; I'm calling bs on this. Unlike Vital Sprit / Insomnia (which convey two different flavors - not willing to sleep vs. not being physically able to do so), Pickpocket and "Vandal Heart" are pretty much the same flavor - there's no reason to make something identical.

I'm not sure who thought it would be realistic to make a mon with red eyes and a relaxed expression evolve into a mon with weed in the most prominent syllable of its name...

This isn't Base Ball levels of lolworthy leaks, but it's close.
  8. absolfusion

absolfusion

I just realized something. Gardevoir, the Chansey line, Milotic, and the Togepi line all have one thing in common. They can sense emotion and bring happiness to their trainer. Do you think they will recieve a retype as well?

Edit: forgot to mention Sylveon too can sense emotion
  9. Tytus

Tytus

This is more what I meant. I love the type combo (actually any Fighting dual-types for that matter. Where's our Electric/Fighting?) but in this case I want to see Fire/Psychic for the starter.
  10. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Still stands.
  11. BlazeStar

BlazeStar

I Went through the last 3 pages & didn't see nothing about it, so I decided to post the batch of New Rumors. I apologize if this is a problem:

From Pokejungle:

Some new rumors have emerged on 4chan from someone who allegedly “knows a guy” that works as a marketing supervisor. Nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary is told, but nonetheless a good read.Before we dive into these rumors, remember to take this with a grain of salt; it could be real, it could be fake.

• New Pokémon “Elvany,” Flying/Fairy, “will be revealed soon.”
    • “Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
    • Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions.
    • Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
    • Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
    • Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
    • Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
    • “Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.
  12. GenXXZ

GenXXZ

... This is a repost of literally something on this page...
  13. WideSlash

WideSlash

Remember, upon evolving, Azurill became re-typed, and Bellossom did not retain Poison.

Hopefully, Skrelp isn't Tentacool, part II.
  14. RedMeowth

RedMeowth

Personally, I don't think the Fire-Fighting starter trend got dumb until Tepig. Not because it was the third in a row, but more because it seriously wasn't necessary for Pignite to do that, while it kind of was for Combusken and Monferno. If the first boss uses Rock-types (like in Hoenn or Sinnoh), Fire is at a distinct disadvantage compared to Grass and Water. But add a Fighting-type to Fire, and now the Fiery Fighters can beat their way through as well as the others. The way Unova's designed, though, the first two gyms are the gym where the leader uses a Pokemon strong against your starter and the Normal gym. Fire, Water, and Grass should be able to each fight as well as the others against these two gyms, so Pignite had no good reason to become a Fighter.

I like the combination of Fire and Fighting itself (Infernape is one of my favorite Pokemon), but enough with doing that to the starters when you don't have to. If you want to put in a Fire-Fighting-type, maybe something we catch in the wild?

Also, I thought Fennekin having psychic powers was kind of inferred (or maybe confirmed) from the first trailer, where she used some psychic move at one point (I want to say Psywave, but I don't know for sure).

Can't tell if anything in this rumor is actually true or not, so I'm not putting stock into it yet. BUT, let's say this "Blister Blast" move exists for a moment. Why would you want the Pokemon to promote a Water attack that's super-effective on Flying-types to be an Electric-type? You know, a type well-known for striking down Flying Pokemon already?
  15. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Is it just me or does it bug anyone else that they seem to just be randomly switching types around, when their normal typing conventions would have them in a different order (see: Noivern Flying/Dragon, Helioptile Electric/Normal, Litleo Fire/Normal, Skrelp Poison/Water)?
  16. Yveltal

Yveltal

GUYS
    They're editing the specific stats of moves again. I just learned (and bonked myself on the head for not realizing it sooner) that Vine Whip now has 25 PP.
  17. Tytus

Tytus

Seems fair, since Ember and Water Gun were already 25/100 moves.
  18. Dilasc

Dilasc

I like change! It means more diversity, and may mean we may get things like more pure flying types.
  19. Yveltal

Yveltal

But Razor Leaf was the 25 PP Grass technique to go as a set with Ember and Water Gun as the token STAB techniques for the starters. Well, they would be, but the Grass starter always learns something crazy first between Vine whip, Razor Leaf and Absorb. Chespin doesn't appear to learn Razor Leaf before Vine Whip, so it looks like they may be catering some of their choices to even out the early game so that Chespin doesn't come with a disadvantage for having less chances to hit an opponent with its first STAB technique than Froakie or Fennekin.
  20. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

I think you misunderstand what bugs me. I'm all for diversity, but this is fake diversity. Dragon/Flying and Flying/Dragon are mechanically the exact same; GameFreak only switched them to likely say "oh yeah we also have this one that's different (but not really)!" I'm all for a Normal/Fire type, I simply don't understand why they're breaking type-order conventions and making it Fire/Normal.
  21. Shiruba

Shiruba

i've personally never considered razor leaf to be among the described. it's not only got a higher base power, but a high crit chance [which, while not meaning much now, meant everything in gen 1, with venusaur being practically guaranteed a critical hit]. so, yeah, i'd say that razor leaf is off on its own little shtick personally.
  22. Yveltal

Yveltal

For as long as it's Chikoritas first STAB technique, I'm gonna disagree. Not that it matters, since Chespin is looking to follow Bulbasaur and Snivy in knowing Vine Whip first, but I'm just sayin.
  23. Shiruba

Shiruba

piplup got bubble instead of water gun though
    does that mean that it's on the same page as ember?
    absorb maybe but grass just didn't have a move exactly comparable to ember/water gun until now. razor leaf was different.
    a bit off-topic to the thread though, so...

Stellar, is the OP going to be updated soon? Don't mean to nag, but CoroCoro's been released, right?
  24. Yveltal

Yveltal

Granted, they don't make a perfect triangle. Ember is the go-to move for every Fire starter, and Water Gun is mostly a Water-type variation of Ember, but since those two and Razor Leaf have had the same PP and BP, it made sense personally. But Froakie gets Bubble too, so they're remaining somewhat indifferent to the whole implication (Along with upping Vine Whips PP to make Chespin just as seemingly viable as Fennekin.)
  25. WideSlash

WideSlash

I am definitely getting a female Sylveon and naming her Prunella.
    Isn't Vine Whip physical? Yeah, it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)