[BW2 OU] Virizion Wireless

Virizion Wireless
Sadly, Virizion has been replaced by Keldeo so fuck you Virizion even though you were pretty cool and got me half the Luvdiscs this team has

Hey Smogon, it's Skarm here with yet another RMT! I believe this is probably the best team I've ever made, with a 21-3 record, which is outstanding for me. Even though it might not look like it, I based this team off of malomyotismon's Virtue's Last Reward, so make sure to take a look at that! Oh, and if you get that reference in the name of this RMT, you're cool, but if you use it, you suck. AT&T ftw people. Anyways, I built this team on the theory that there is no perfect combination of Pokemon and moves that cover all the threats in the tier, but there are some pretty damn close ones. I believe this is my closest attempt at it. I made sure that my team had the synergy that it needed to put offensive pressure on the opponent, and to cause a lot of switches, hence the entry hazards. I feel that I don't really need a spinner because when I use this team, the match is generally over in less than 20 turns anyways, and even if it's not, my team is generally bulky. Even though the name states that Virizion may be the star of the team or something, it's not, I just wanted a cool name, although Virizion does play a key role on this team. Anyways, onto the team, as teambuilding doesn't really matter in my opinion.

Skam (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is by far my favorite lead, and there's plenty of reason why. With access to the most important entry hazards there are, Skarmory can win me games by setting these up. Taunt is for other leads such as Skarmory and Forretress, and Whirlwind lets me scout and make the opponent's Pokemon take entry damage, which has made my opponent rage-quit when their Volcarona switched in and has 25% left after hazards. Skarmory's Custap Berry lets it take a hit on Sturdy, then set up one more layer of hazards before being KOed, which is exactly what this team wants, being an offensive team. Also, this is mostly a suicide lead, so it has max speed to get hazards and Taunts up fast, and has 0 IVs on defensive stats so it can get to the Sturdy + Custap Berry boost very easily.

CHOMPCHOMP (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Garchomp has always been on my hate list until I tried it like this. Swords Dance Garchomp is just such a boss, it always takes out at least one Pokemon on the opposing team. I run Yache Berry so it can take an Ice Beam from say, a weakened Politoed, and get an SD up, and proceed to KO with Earthquake or something. I use Fire Fang over Stone Edge to hit Pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn harder, which always seem to be an annoyance was they can take hits due to Steel typing.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

This Rotom-W used to have a Scarf, but now it's the Specially Defensive set, which's worked wonders for this team. T-wave is use to cripple threats that are Scarfed, and Volcarona which is a fucking pain to any team. T-bolt is a good damaging move that hits for respectable damage, and Hydro Pump is a great STAB that hits switch-ins like Landy-I and T, T-tar, Volcarona itself, and many others for super-effective damage. Pain Split also hits the full-health switch-ins and is a semi-reliable form of recovery. Not much else to say, pretty much the standard Specially Defensive Rotom-W.

Edward Scizorhands (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 HP / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor is like THE most used Pokemon in OU, and it's no mystery why. Sporting a STAB Technician Bullet Punch, Scizor can really punch (haha, get it?) some holes into the opposing team. Pursuit is to trap opposing Pokemon such as Latios locked into Psyshock, or other Psychic types. Superpower is a great move that always helps out by taking out a Ferrothorn, or a pink blob of crap. U-turn is a move that lets me switch out to a teammate, while also dealing damage. I run it over Bug Bite because it's helped me so many times bu letting me switch into Latios or Rotom-W and KO the opposing Pokemon. I personally despise Scizor's Choice Band set because it doesn't let it cover switch ins that can easily take a Bullet Punch, such as Ferrothorn. I like the surprise factor that using Superpower after Bullet Punch on a Ferrothorn gives me. I'm considering running a different item to be able to bluff a Banded set, but this set works just fine anyways.

Kelpeo (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Virizion used to occupy this spot, but Keldeo replaced it for it's ability to sweep better and for the ability to revenge kill Landorus-I, which can threatened my team even if it's going to be banned soon. Surf is used over Hidden Power because it can kill things that are weakened with perfect accuracy and a good amount of PP, both of which Hydro Pump lacks. Secret Swords is an awesome STAB that kills off Steels and T-tar, which can threaten my team. Icy Wind is for dragons and fast sweepers, which a lowered speed stops them most of the time. Other than that, there's not much else to say because Scarf Keldeo is Scarf Keldeo, and yeah.

Eonic Espionage (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scarf Latios was a recent addition to my team, replacing CM Latias (this is like my first ever team that doesn't use the great and mighty CM Latias) and doing a very effective job. Choice Scarf Latios is an effective revenge killer that always does a great job in battle, taking out a bunch of opposing Pokemon. STAB Draco Meteor always takes out at least one Pokemon. Surf is a pseudo-STAB in this rain-based metagame that takes out the likes of Scizor (in rain) and stuff. Psyshock is a great STAB that takes out Infernape, Scarf Keldeo, and basically every fighting type besides Bulk Up Conkeldurr, which is taken care of by Draco metoer. HP [Fire] takes out Ferro and Scizor outside of the rain, and other steel types such as Magnezone.

Anyways guys, that's my team. I was in a bit of a hurry making this, so I didn't have much time to make lengthy descriptions and a teambuilding process, but hopefully you'll get enough from the detailed look. I have no significant laddering peak despite my win record (most of them were clan battles, and those were private battles), but the ladder means shit to me so it doesn't matter all that much to me. Anyways, make sure to Luvdisc the thread if you like the team, I'd really appreciate it, and here's an importable version of the team!
Skam (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

CHOMPCHOMP (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Can't Get Past Me (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Edward Scizorhands (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 HP / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Verizon Wireless (Virizion) @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Eonic Espionage (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi there!

This is a really cool team based around hazards & wallbreaking ending in a Virizion sweep, which is underrated in it's own right, so props to you for using him on your team! However, I find your team to struggle against some threats in the current metagame, so with my detailed & in depth rate, this team will help combat said threats, & hopefully help this team reach it's full potential. With all that out of the way, let's get to my detailed & in-depth rate, shall we? First up, your team seems to struggle against offensive Sun teams, especially those that carry Life Orb Volcarona. Volcarona has several setup opportunities, given your teams current lineup. He can setup on Skarmory, which can't really dent it at all, Scizor, which has no moves to hit it with, & Latios after it's been weakened by a Draco Meteor, he can then setup a Quiver Dance or 2, & absolutely destroy your team. To help remedy this situation, I would like to recommend running a Life Orb Keldeo over your current choice of Rotom-W. Keldeo would be an excellent addition to your team, as it can wipe out Virizions checks & counters, like Gliscor (Which is one shot by Hydro Pump), Forretress, (KO'D by Hydro Pump), & the aftermentioned Volcarona, along with many others. Now that I have covered your one big problem, I would like to make some nitpicks. My first small suggestion would be a small moveset change on Skarmory to a Custap Lead set. Custap Lead Skarmory is an excellent set for a team like yours, as it acts like a suicide lead to setup hazards that support the rest of your team. My next suggestion, which would also be my last suggestion, would to run Trick on your Latios over Hidden Power Fire. Yes, it let's you KO Scizor & Ferrothorn, but there is nothing else really notable that it can KO. That's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun & good luck in your future endeavours!

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind​

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Taunt​

• Rotom-W
    -----------------> Life Orb Keldeo
  • Skarmory
    : Current Set ------> Custap Lead​
  • Latios
    : Hidden Power Fire -> Trick​

~Dr Ciel~

Thanks for the rate Dr Ciel! Yeah, Volcarona pretty much 6-0s me, and it's been the cause of all 3 of my losses. I have just one question about this rate: how does LO Keldeo help stop Volcarona. If it's set up a few Quiver Dances, it can easily take a Hydro Pump, or just outspeed and Giga Drain me for an easy KO. I will take your word for Skarmory though, as I was thinking of using Custap Berry as well Thanks for the rate!

Bumping one more time because I really like this team and need more rates, and because I made a few changes.

Scarf Rotom-W --> SpDef Rotom-W
Virizion --> Scarf Keldeo

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Time for a rate!

Double Dance Thundurus-T gets free set up on Skarm and ass fucks everything. Especially if it comes in on VSwitch locked Rotom-W as well. You don't have anything to stop this other than SEdge Virizion and Scarf Latios, but if it gets +2 / +2, you are seriously fucked.

Timid Venusaur looks like a menace to defeat, really. +2 kills everything. Nothing can really switch into Scizor bar Skarm, and even that falls pray to Scrotum.

Hidden Power Fire Lati@s looks hard to switch into and hard to beat overall since Scizor doesn't do a good job in this regard.

Here I go! I don't like the idea of two scarfers, when you really only need one, so I would replace Choice Scarf Rotom-W for ChestoResto Rotom-W. This Rotom-W is a bit bulkier and much easier to utilize against rain (and giving it TWave can easily fuck Venu / Lati twin switch ins as well). This Rotom-W makes facing Thundurus-T, Venusaur, and Lati@s much easier to do in my god-honest opinion, though switching into LO Lati@s is still a feat your really can't do to HP Fire variants, which is why I recommend running Pivot Jirachi over Scizor. Jirachi can easily come in on the Lati twins, as well as also getting U-turn for Celebi, it gets Fire Punch for opposing Ferro / Scizor, and it can spread Body Slam paralysis for Virizion to especially abuse since it hates facing things like Scarf Lati@s / Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Anything. Jirachi is also a good check to DubDance ThundyT.

I'd make a small switch from Scarf Latios to Scarf Latias so you can take a hit from Venusaur, since Latios can't. Also, your Fire Fang Garchomp and Fire Punch Jirachi allow you to run Healing Wish / Trick over Hidden Power Fire anyhow.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteot
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Trick

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 40 Hp / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Timid
EVs: 60 Hp / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Just a very quick feedback, your EV spread on Skarmory is inefficient. By swapping HP and Defense EVs, you gain more physical and special bulk:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 184 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (52.36 - 61.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Skarmory: 174-205 (52.09 - 61.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 184 HP / 72 SpD Skarmory: 226-268 (71.29 - 84.54%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Skarmory: 226-268 (67.66 - 80.23%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It is a very little improvement, sure, but it has no drawback whatsoever so there's no reason to keep your EV spread over mine. The rest of the team looks very cool to me, I probably agree with Shurtugal on the double Scarfer (you really need to preserve your Rotom for certain situations, for example it's the only one to be able to reliably take down SpD Skarmory if I didn't mistake something), but overall the team seems quite solid.

Good luck, hope my small advice helped.

Yeah I recently changed Scarf Rotom to Specially Defensive so I have more bulk, and I switched Virizion to Scarf Keldeo because it's a boss and is overall contributing more to this team. SpDef Rotom also screws Venusaur because I do use t-wave and stuff. Shurtugal, if I'm not wrong, my Scizor's Bullet Punch does around 65-70% to the Lati's, which they are at most of the time due to repeated switch-ins into Stealth Rock, which usually append because I bait them then switch to SpDef Rotom on HP Fire, then they switch out. Also, I'm pretty sure Garchomp, which can be harmful to my team, can take a Draco Meteor from Latias, but not from Latios. But if I'm wrong I probably will make the change. ganj4lF, I probably will change the ev spread, and thanks guys for rating!

EDIT: Did some calcs, Latios can take a +2 Venasaur attack, so I don't see the need to switch it to Scarf Latias. Anyways, Latias can't OHKO 100% of the time, not even half of the time, and Venusaur will just go first again and KO Latias.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Skarmory7

Solid offensive team you have here, you have a nice group of sweepers that can continuously put pressure on your opponent. I also like the fact that you are using Virizion who is a pretty underrated Pokemon in OU nowadays. Looking at your team, I do see a weakness to Volcarona. After a Quiver Dance, the moth outspeeds your entire team bar Latios who can't hit it that hard if its got a Special Defense boost under its belt. The bulky set proves even more troublesome as it is harder to revenge and can nab multiple boosts. To help patch up this weakness while maintaing the offensive capacity of your team, I suggest trying a Dragon Dance Dragonite over Virizion. Dragonite is able to resist both of Volcaron'a STABs and set up Dragon Dances on it in turn. He becomes a fearsome sweeper after just a single turn of set up and is usually able to get that boost due to his Multiscale ability. By swapping out Virizion for Dragonite, you get a check to a major threat to your team while still having a physical sweeper.

For Skarmory, use the Custap Lead set with Taunt / Brave Bird / Stealth Rock / Spikes with a Custap Berry. This set gives your team an early advantage as it can usually get up 2 layers of entry hazards, greatly benefiting your sweepers. It fits your team better due to the offensive nature of it. On Rotom-W, I would use HP Ice over Will-o-Wisp. HP Ice allows Rotom-W to revenge kill Landorus who is another major threat to your team. I also agree with Shurtugal's suggestion of trying out a Scarf Latias with a moveset of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Healing Wish over Latios. Healing Wish allows you to heal back one of your sweepers, giving them a second chance to sweep which is usually backbreaking for your opponent.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Sets:
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

tl;dr
Swords Dance Virizion ----> Dragon Dance Dragonite
Defensive Skarmory ----> Custap Lead Skarmory
Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-W ----> HP Ice
Scarf Latios ----> Scarf Latias

Thanks for the rate Novaray! For your first suggestion, I agree that I should probably add Dragonite, but not necessarily over Virizion (which has been changed to Keldeo actually). I don't know about you, but having 3 dragons is a bit of overkill, don't you think? So perhaps I should change Garchomp to Dragonite instead? Anyways, onto the next suggestion. I meant to use Custap Skarmory, but I forgot to save it after I changed the set a while ago and it stayed defensive, so thanks for pointing that out. But I think I'm still going to use Whirlwind over Brave Bird for the fact that it completely screws over the leads the opponent sends out that tries to set up on Skarmory, such as Dragonite or Ninjask. Rotom-W has been changed to Speciallt Defensive, with the set of T-Wave, T-bolt, Hydro Pump, and Pain Split, so I no longer need Will-O-Wisp, and anyways the Keldeo I used over Virizion easily revenge kills Landy-I, which is probably going to be banned anyways. I will take your suggestion of Latias over Latios as well as Shurtugal's suggestion. Thanks!

Hey, I battled this team back when Virizion was on it. That means I'm 1 in 3 ;D. I don't really know how to help you fix the team, but I do know Jellicent and Hippowdon make a very strong defensive core against it. Once again, not sure how to fix unfortunately :(

Anyways, why do you use T-bolt > Volt switch? The pure utility Volt Switch gives is normally more than enough reason to run it, so I'm just curious about it

Hey, I battled this team back when Virizion was on it. That means I'm 1 in 3 ;D. I don't really know how to help you fix the team, but I do know Jellicent and Hippowdon make a very strong defensive core against it. Once again, not sure how to fix unfortunately :(

Anyways, why do you use T-bolt > Volt switch? The pure utility Volt Switch gives is normally more than enough reason to run it, so I'm just curious about it
T-bolt does more damage and it's the only way to hit Jellicent with Rotom, and then if i had volt switch I would switch out and it'd hurt one of my sweepers. And even if the opponent switches from Jellicent to something else it's most likely a ground type so it won't work anyways. Also some pokemon can easily take a volt switch so t-bolt provides more damage, which some mons can't take a lot of

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)