Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I really do not want a dark fighting psychic trio! For 1, it's not even balanced!
Which is where the primary types would come in. But, keep in mind we have no actual confirmation that they even have secondary types.

Yeah I really do not want a dark fighting psychic trio! For 1, it's not even balanced! The good thing about grass, fire and water is that they are balanced both ways. Fire is strong against grass but weak to water, grass is strong against water, but weak to fire, and water is strong against fire, but weak against grass. Going both ways, defensive and offensive, makes the triangle balanced. However, with the psychic dark fighting trio, there is a disadvantage for one of the types, psychic. The triangle works offensively, but fails defensely as it leaves dark with an immunity, thus giving it an advantage but psychic a disadvantage. If we add on the other types, grass, fire and water,
Assuming this is going to happen, it's no big deal honestly. I don't think you'd deliberately use a NVE attack, let alone attack a type that's immune.

Plus it's not like Sinnoh's starters were truly balanced either (Torterra faints to Ice Beam, Empoleon faints to Close combat, Infernape is potentially retaliated by Earthquake), but they'll all have their own niches in the game.

No.... not at all. IF they decide to do it this way then the codes would work when... you know... the games come out on the eshop.
This probably wont be happening considering that the Animal Crossing 3DS XL was $220(ish), and the X and Y ones are only $200, the same price as a normal 3DS XL.

Reactions: PME
Grass/Steel
Water/Fighting
Fire/Fairy

My dream starter trio.
Oh dang that's right. If the rumor holds true, that almost reflects another triangle. It depends on what Fairy is resistant to if anything to be a TRUE triangle, but that works from the strength perspective. Again, if the rumor holds true.

With all the Psychic moves Fennekin has been using in trailers though, I doubt this is the case. Unless it truly is Ninetales 2.

EDIT: @below

Wow, me...

I need more coffee....

Last edited:
Oh dang that's right. If the rumor holds true, that almost reflects another triangle. It depends on what Fairy is resistant to if anything to be a TRUE triangle, but that works from the strength perspective. Again, if the rumor holds true.

With all the Psychic moves Fennekin has been using in trailers though, I doubt this is the case. Unless it truly is Ninetales 2.
Also because if the rumor holds true the starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting

I wonder how extensive the hack checking used in Pokemon Bank/Transporter will be. I doubt it will go for exact legality, as there are a huge number of variables with that, such as how a Lv99 Shaymin that knows Seed Flare must be in a Cherish Ball, while a Lv100 Shaymin does not. I can't imagine Game Freak managing to precisely cover every single possibility.

I'm guessing that it'll check for some or all of the following:
- Legal levels (no Reshiram level 49 or below)
- Legal EV spread (no more than 510 EVs)
- Legal individual moves (at any level)
- Legal shininess (?)

So I wouldn't be surprised if the following illegal Pokemon were allowed:
- Lv30 Flower Paradise Shaymin with Seed Flare hacked on at too early of a level
- Illegal Egg move combinations (?)
- Pokemon caught in illegal Poke Balls (Charizard in a Master Ball; Sheer Cold Suicune not in a Cherish Ball)

The following legal Pokemon could possibly be blocked:
- Darkrai Lv40-49 (only possible through the Tweaking glitch/Surf glitch in D/P)
- Shiny Manaphy (I seem to recall this already being blocked on the GTS although I might be wrong)
- Anything involving Mimic glitch abuse
- Potentially really obscure events that Game Freak forgot to mark as legal (Wish Drowzee, etc.)

Chespin gets Wood Hammer, so it's likely to be some in-game power house. If it gets Sucker Punch on top of its almost obligatory Mega Evolution, I'm not too worried for it even competitively.
Methinks you're using "obligatory" the way most people would use a word more closely related to "subsequent". Other than that, can you imagine Chespin turning into a Malaconda with a different look? So dastardly.

Pokemon Smash showed off Super Training today, and among other little odds and ends they..

Show Slyveon's stat screen. The green is the base stat, as a reminder.
for reference, here is pikachu

Pokemon Smash showed off Super Training today, and among other little odds and ends they..

Show Slyveon's stat screen. The green is the base stat, as a reminder.
for reference, here is pikachu
Well, that pretty much confirms that its highest stat is Sp. Def (not that most people didn't already think so, but this just some graphical proof).

EDIT: My guess would be
HP: 95
Att:60
Def: 130
Sp. Att: 110
Sp. Def: 65
Spd: 65

EDIT 2: Well after playing around a bit in Photoshop to measure the size of the green shape, it seems to me that Sp. Def comes out as the highest, with the second highest being a toss-up between HP and Sp. Attack. Speed seemed the next largest, followed by Attack, with Defense seemingly being the lowest stat.

Last edited:
Next week Masuda will be facing Shokotan with Mewtwo and showing off Mega Evolution. Looks like he leads with it, sadly, so unless shokotan uses something like Ninjask we won't be able to see the priority of Mega Evolving.

I wonder how extensive the hack checking used in Pokemon Bank/Transporter will be.
Well, they bumped up their checking in between their Spring Friendly event and their most recent one. So if it's anything like what they're doing now, then pretty good.

I wonder how extensive the hack checking used in Pokemon Bank/Transporter will be. I doubt it will go for exact legality, as there are a huge number of variables with that, such as how a Lv99 Shaymin that knows Seed Flare must be in a Cherish Ball, while a Lv100 Shaymin does not. I can't imagine Game Freak managing to precisely cover every single possibility.

- Legal shininess (?)

- Lv30 Flower Paradise Shaymin with Seed Flare hacked on at too early of a level
- Pokemon caught in illegal Poke Balls (Charizard in a Master Ball; Sheer Cold Suicune not in a Cherish Ball)

- Darkrai Lv40-49 (only possible through the Tweaking glitch/Surf glitch in D/P)
- Shiny Manaphy (I seem to recall this already being blocked on the GTS although I might be wrong)
- Potentially really obscure events that Game Freak forgot to mark as legal (Wish Drowzee, etc.)
Considering that it's an online function, I think they can check for pretty much EVERYTHING not legal as they will be able to build a database of what's possible and then just add to it as more events/games come out.

If anything, I believe this will just make hackers come up with more elegant solutions and unless they hold back some vital check at the competitions that's not there in the cloud (which at this stage is not likely) I think we'll eventually have hacks that are indistinguishable from the real thing.

One question I wonder about Pokemon Bank. If I have a Graveller from X and I bank it then transfer it to Y - does this count as a trade that will trigger evolution?
I'm leaning on the "no" side of the question as I don't believe they would want it to be so easy.

Considering that it's an online function, I think they can check for pretty much EVERYTHING not legal as they will be able to build a database of what's possible and then just add to it as more events/games come out.

If anything, I believe this will just make hackers come up with more elegant solutions and unless they hold back some vital check at the competitions that's not there in the cloud (which at this stage is not likely) I think we'll eventually have hacks that are indistinguishable from the real thing.
Pokecheck has uploaded legal Pokemon. Download the file, use Pokegen to edit it, upload the new mon onto Pokecheck, that site is unable to distinguish it from the real thing. You can't edit IVs I think without changing the PID which might be problematic but enough folks can RNG for it to be a non issue.

From Serebii:
In the trailer for next week's episode, it also showed a battle where Mewtwo Mega Evolved while promising a shocking revalation about Mega Evolution, but they covered up the result of the evolution, with the host Shokotan seeming shocked. We'll get more information on this throughout the week so keep checking back.
Didn't those [pretty much confirmed] rumours say Mewtwo would get 2 'formes'?

From Serebii:

Didn't those [pretty much confirmed] rumours say Mewtwo would get 2 'formes'?
The theory going around is that the second Mewtwo form is actually a Mega Mew. Those rumors did say that the form looked more like Mew than Mewtwo.
Edit: Sorry, I read this wrong. Interesting that they hid the evo.

Considering Megavolution is triggered by an ítem then it's possible that the second Megaform or Mewtwo uses a different rock to unlock, like a branched evolution (maybe this will be a bulky form like Deo)

Agonist

Considering Megavolution is triggered by an ítem then it's possible that the second Megaform or Mewtwo uses a different rock to unlock, like a branched evolution (maybe this will be a bulky form like Deo)
That's an interesting possibility.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Well, that pretty much confirms that its highest stat is Sp. Def (not that most people didn't already think so, but this just some graphical proof).

EDIT: My guess would be
HP: 95
Att:60
Def: 130
Sp. Att: 110
Sp. Def: 65
Spd: 65
um...

---

I actually thought the whole legality was going to be things like:

- Legal moves
- Legal abilities
- Legal items (something like Kyurem holding a Magma Stone)
- Max EV Limit at 510

If Nintendo is truly going to the point where they can detect things like Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade (simple) to Psycho Boost Lugia only coming from an XD game, not being shiny, and being purified... Color me impressed.

Agonist

That's not hard to do...

In fact, it's so stupidly simple they should have been doing it already.

- Legal shininess (?)

You're forgetting that the level a Pokemon was obtained at is stored and shown on the summary screen, meaning that is obviously checked rather than the current level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)