League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

OMG, SKTT1, Fnatic and Gambit to make it out imo. Dade is on Reginalds level right now. I hope Mineski can take a game, even if it is off Vulcan.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Glad to see my europeans are not that bad as they were said to be before worlds, even if fnatic scared me with their first game lol
Maybe even Lemondogs can do the upset in Group A, SKTT1 and OMG where both not that convincing

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
1 loss. It's ok, I'm not even mad. Mother Russia knows when it needs to step up its game.

catching up with vods and it never fails to astound me how fucking broken stranglethorns is
particularly from bloodwater- i really feel like he pretty much won several of the lategame teamfights vs mineski
i'm so pleased with how fnatic and gambit are doing tho! just sucks that eg couldn't be there too )):

RODAN

Banned deucer.
catching up with vods and it never fails to astound me how fucking broken stranglethorns is
particularly from bloodwater- i really feel like he pretty much won several of the lategame teamfights vs mineski
i'm so pleased with how fnatic and gambit are doing tho! just sucks that eg couldn't be there too )):
been saying it for months, zyras a broken fuck

i thinks:

omg vs ld: omg
skt vs gg: skt
tsm vs ld: ld
omg vs gg: omg
skt vs tsm: skt

2days games look p. 1 sided 4 each game =.=

OMG vs. LD: OMG (will ravage LD's rectum IMO)

SKT vs. GG: SKT (this will not be pretty)

TSM vs. LD: TSM (Baylieve!)

OMG vs. GG: OMG (ditto)

SKT vs. TSM: SKT (Bayleef can only go so far)

Support whomever you want, but always remember,

Raise your Dongers for North America!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Predictions:
omg vs ld
skt vs gg
tsm vs ld (tossup)
omg vs gg (RIP)
skt vs tsm (HIGHLIGHT MATCH)

Regardless of who i predict, however, down with Korea!

omg vs ld - tempted to pick LD here
skt vs gg - i hope to see some cocky picks
tsm vs ld - bend over tsm
omg vs gg - not even going to watch
skt vs tsm - zip your pants montecristo

Lavos

Banned deucer.
omg vs ld
skt
vs gg
tsm vs ld
omg
vs gg
skt vs tsm

i guess my only controversial pick is ld over omg, i just think nukeduck and zorozero are really strong right now, hopefully tabzz and mithy can deal with omg's incredible bot lane and if they manage that then they should be able to take the game. very excited for this match

e: rats

Last edited:
OMG vs. LD: OMG (will ravage LD's rectum IMO)

SKT vs. GG: SKT (this will not be pretty)

TSM vs. LD: TSM (Baylieve!)

OMG vs. GG: OMG (ditto)

SKT vs. TSM: SKT (Bayleef can only go so far)

YES. YES!

Dade is on Reginalds level right now.
After last game, this is actually an insult to Reginald.

Last edited:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Zed now has a 100% win ratio at Worlds...both times by Regi.

Gonna briefly share my thoughts on the TSM games because most of the games havent been interesting. LD and OMG was mildly interesting, but the towerdive mid was incredibly catastrophic for LD when nukeduck tried to dive a spectre's cowl Tristana as Fizz and could not take her out.

Against LD, TSM's laning advantage was too much for them to handle. Despite a 0-2 start, the advantages created by the Vlad vs Shen and Caitlyn/Thresh vs Vayne/Lulu matchups made it hard for Lemondogs to press their early gold lead. In the meantime, Oddone set up a tent in mid and spoonfed Regi, who then became a terror for the rest of the game. Nukeduck may have also been on tilt after losing out to OMG earlier. With all 3 lanes winning, TSM had free reign over the map, and had no problems closing out the game.

One thing I noticed in botlane was that Wildturtle is unusually passive. Even though he won the lane, he never seemed to have control of it, and Vayne kept up in cs. Perhaps by playing passively, TSM wanted to redirect jungle pressure to the highly aggressive Dyrus, which in turn would give TSM greater control over the Dragon area (would be hard for dexter to gank mid when Oddone's there 24/7 and Regi is fed).

The highlight match of the night, TSM vs SKTT1, was definitely not as one sided as many would have expected. However, a mis-execution by TSM in the towerdive battles ruined what would have otherwise been a TSM advantage, and Dyrus was put on tilt for the rest of the match. He was repeatedly levels behind his lane opponent and his equalizers have nowhere been as devastating as in the LCS.

The midlane matchup between Regi and Faker was surprisingly rather even, but this may be due to how safely Regi played the lane as opposed to his usual self. Perhaps he was afraid of accidentally feeding Faker?

TSM's saving grace was Wildturtle and Xpecial, who took advantage of Sona/Corki's strong all ins against Caitlyn and was able to cause a mess. Wildturtle, however, seemed to have gotten bored once again and decided to dive Faker in the middle of a fight later on. NOT SURE IF WORTH.

Despite the 1-9 tower deficit and 13-21 kill deficit by the end of the game, TSM showed sparks of brilliance in strategy but their execution was uncharacteristically awful. The next game between the two should be more interesting.

Regi definitely stepped up his game after playing very poorly on the first day. He held up fine against Faker and dominated nukeduck (with the help of a lot of camping). He got baited hard by Vayne and Ahri @botlane though (it'd be unlikely for Vayne to push a tower alone against an 8/0 Zed). I think teams will ban out his Zed from now on (or pick a hard counter).

Faker's hug to Regi was cute but as far as I'm concerned, it's an irl Death Mark. He has done the same to Dade and Rapidstar, and both have yet to recover.

Some people on Reddit are saying Faker hugs people to leech their skill out of them.

The Korean circlejerk knows no bounds.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
yes man im sure if he wanted to leech skill out of someone he would hug reginald of all fucking ppl

korean circlejerk is bad but tsm retard circlejerk is worse

Reactions: mtr

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
LD and OMG was mildly interesting, but the towerdive mid was incredibly catastrophic for LD when nukeduck tried to dive a spectre's cowl Tristana as Fizz and could not take her out.
can some one please explain the rational for this move? Like, I'd say they were ahead before this, or at the very very worst they were only even, why did they feel the need to try and make a move like this? From an observer point of view it looked absolutely suicidal, I can understand that it's harder to gauge a situation from in game, but what pressure were they under? Why even try to end it under a tower when they can just keep playing the long game, and a have a fine shot at winning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)