Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My favorite part of the first trailer here:

For some reason I find the rollerskating animation for the female avatar extremely cute. It's just so... adorably bouncy! O(≧▽≦)O

I'mma play as the girl even though I'm a guy and dress her up like a tomboy. ( ・ω・)
The girls are so adorable! They haven't showed the male trainer in anything other than the regular clothes. I hope we get cool stuff too. :<

Hey everyone! first time here. Did anyone notice Yveltal's hp stat in the first of those commercials, it was 243 at level 61. I compared it to lapras's at level 61 and it was only maybe 5 points under lapras's with 31 ivs. That means 127 to 129 hp. I believe we have a bulky powerhouse gentlemen.

Last edited:
Well, I think this is an appropriate time to stop lurking.

Even American Hollistercrombie & Fitch C.Penny makes stuff for guys that clearly says "fash-ee-oun", and with the current mix-and-matched customized designs shown for males, you can see that they have some clear inspiration from Dior, Vuitton, and even some French designers closer to home like April77 for the boys' wardrobe. The first picture in NoahStar's post is a lot closer to the look that designers are going for this season, but the second picture is using more of the popular colors for the fall.

I'll hazard a guess that there will be some generic looking clothes for both genders, and then some actual good looking things that may even defy gender norms. They might have some special dated clothes locked away that French royalty used to wear. Which would mean frills. Everywhere.

Soooooo, will the boy's pack always be a messenger bag? It's great that you can have one in every color, but what are the odds of getting some different sack devices, like a traditional backpack?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! first time here. Did anyone notice Yveltal's hp stat in the first of those commercials, it was 243 at level 61. I compared it to lapras's at level 61 and it was only maybe 5 points under lapras's with 31 ivs. That means 127 to 129 hp. I believe we have a bulky powerhouse gentlemen.
That is assuming no HP EVs?
The only thing we can conclude for sure is that it has a base HP in the range of 94 (if 31 IVs/252 EVs in footage) to 141 (if 0 IVs/0EVs). Most legendaries have 100+ base HP, so that doesn't really tell us much.

Last edited:
All of us are thinking and discussing which Pokemon we'll be using when we pick up our copy of the game for the first time, but I strongly believe that once we start actually playing the game, the teams we're choosing now will vastly change. Yea it's fun to pick teams going off of the Pokemon we've seen so far, but we really don't know what we're going to bump into as we play. So I'm only locking in Fennekin & Squirtle. Regardless of what they reveal tomorrow or next week and so forth, I'm not deciding any teams just yet.
Does anyone know or think the entire kalos pokedex will be leaked before the game releases?

I'm gonna steer the conversation away from the competitive side of Pokemon and into more of the game itself. Has anyone else noticed that the Gym Leaders have been neglected a bit in this thread?

Most of the Gym Leaders seem pretty clear-cut when you look at them: Viola is a photographer who will most likely like taking pics of nature (hence being the Bug gym). Grant's rigid hair adorned with stones/gems, color scheme, and love for mountain biking and rock climbing strongly suggest that he will be a Rock Type trainer. Korina and Clemont on the other hand are harder to pinpoint.

Korina seems to know a lot about mega-evolutions, apparently likes to roller skate, and 'knows the secret to bringing out true strength." Combining this with her badge (which looks like a fist or boxing glove) makes me think that she will be a Fighting Type trainer...but there have been past Gym Leaders who make you think that they are Fighting and then deceive us (coughBrawlycough). Maybe she is a Steel Type trainer instead?

Clemont confuses me the most. He seems to be some sort of inventor, loves science, and has blonde hair, which makes me think he will be an Electric Type leader. However, I can't really figure out what his badge is.

Also, he seems to be using a Bunnelby in the anime. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I don't know for sure but I'm betting Clemont is a normal type trainer. Mostly feel this way due to the abundance of normal types already revealed, his appearance doesn't really fit that of any elemental type and his use of Bunnelby in the anime. I'm probably wrong lol.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Korina seems to know a lot about mega-evolutions, apparently likes to roller skate, and 'knows the secret to bringing out true strength." Combining this with her badge (which looks like a fist or boxing glove) makes me think that she will be a Fighting Type trainer...but there have been past Gym Leaders who make you think that they are Fighting and then deceive us (coughBrawlycough). Maybe she is a Steel Type trainer instead?

Clemont confuses me the most. He seems to be some sort of inventor, loves science, and has blonde hair, which makes me think he will be an Electric Type leader. However, I can't really figure out what his badge is.

Also, he seems to be using a Bunnelby in the anime. Anyone else have any thoughts?
They seem to go a different route with a lot of the gym leader companions—they don't have to stick unilaterally to their type. For example, Brock had Vulpix and Crobat and Cilan had Stunfisk and Crustle.

Also your post confuses me a bit... Brawly is a Fighting gym leader, so that isn't exactly misleading.

Also your post confuses me a bit... Brawly is a Fighting gym leader, so that isn't exactly misleading.
I'm guessing he meant Crasher Wake?

Either way, I'm going to drop the cash for X and Y and I have 2x 3DS machines available at home so I'm going to go full on explore mode on Y, catch everything I can with my Fennekin starter, Charmander will be boxed. Then when I get to start on X I'll metagame it, breed myself a good team that should power through it with no problems, picking up the version exclusives available.

Once I've done that, then it'll be time to get down to some serious breeding for Wi-FI :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)