Nationwide Gamestop Pokemon Tournament Discussion Thread

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't know, but I heard that telling people you hacked on a public message board was a pretty good way of tipping it off.

ANinyMouse: that finalist you speak of was skarm.

aw yeah one in the Deptford Mall in NJ, might consider it
Hey your right near me... The closest one to me that's holding it in at the Berlin Circle, although if I can get a ride I will go to the Depford Mall and meet up with ya. Ima talk to some of my m8s tomorrow and see whats up, maybe I can get a ride from Ralph...

Anyway, the Mall is about 30 mins away for me, what about you?

TBH, I'm not a big Ubers fan. Even if they are allowed, I would rather use other things. Playing with so much power is just 'meh' imo. Everybody has their own thing, so no disrespect anywhere.

Hey, I normally prefer a more controlled environment, too. There is a simple fact that governs the Uber meta, though, and that is "it's different." Even the viable strategies are vastly different.

I'm gonna have to find a way to destroy Rain-based teams, though. Stupid Palkia and its phallic face of rape.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm gonna have to find a way to destroy Rain-based teams, though. Stupid Palkia and its phallic face of rape.
Latias. Just don't switch into Draco Meteor...

Latias. Just don't switch into Draco Meteor...
It's risky, but I'll take that advice to heart.

I'm gonna call a few of the stores in my area to see if they're hosting. I also need to call a friend of mine to see if she would want to take off work for a Pokemon tourney, else it might be lonely pwning nubs until my man Mowse gets there.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN said:
My GameStop said it was free, and there wasn't any age limits; although he did say if you were under 16, you might want to have a parent/guardian along.
From NSider.

D/P Ubers has so much more damage flying around than Adv, that that (BAN ME PLEASE) Wobbuffet really does have a harder time coming in. Though, once he's in, chances are he's already done his damage to your team unless you prepare.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, lot of NJ ones. I'll probably do the Delran Gamestop, unless someone here is doing the Moorestown/Cherry Hill one, in which case I might go there instead to meet them.

WTF, there is not ONE gamestop from Nebraska that is on that list of participating stores. That is bullshit.

For all you guys in NJ, I'm about 10 minutes from the Deptford Mall (I'm in Glassboro), hit me up with a PM and maybe we can meet up there, I'll be up at B&N anyways to get Harry Potter.

bah, i'm probably missing it because that's the last day for my workshop stuff at USC. Hope it's happening after I come back home that same day.

I am now pissed. I was really starting to get excited about this.... I spent the first 2 hours of work planning out my team just to come home a see that every damn store (all 3 of them in SC) are on the border of the state, not the middle where I live. I would have been cool with that if they were in big cities, but 2 out of the 3 are in towns so small I have never heard of them (and my job is in a distrubution devision of a company). There isn't even 1 in the capital (which I could get too and it is almost a 3 hour drive). This sucks ballz.

I don't think Wobby is able to take the abuse in Ubers that it would realistically have to with stuff like DDQuaza running around. I've encountered it a few times (once it was hacked with max stats too) and it can't really take the abuse from more than one Pokémon (unless you're using like Blissey as a Physical Attacker). It can dispose of at least one usually, but that's also the sacrifice in most cases. In Ubers, it may not even be able to survive one hit.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Omg, wow! They're holding one at Fair Oaks mall? That's only 15 minutes from where I live. I might be able to make it AND get Harry Potter (if it doesn't sell out the first hour, which it probably will).

Of course, I may be lazy and just sit at home browsing Smogon. =\

You should pre-order if you want to pick up the first day aragornbird. Also, I want all of you to beware of little wankers who run around "SNAAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE PAGE 556 LAWLZORS". Obviously, it'll be a much bigger spoiler. Which is why I'm somewhat concerned about Smogon's 2nd Wifi tourney and IRC, but that's for another topic.

My best wishes go out to all those who are participating, seeing as how I can't :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)