Nationwide Gamestop Pokemon Tournament Discussion Thread

Lets hope they release some in-depth official rules in the next coming days.

Uber tourney, bad for me. Good for some.

Holy shit Surgo I'm like 45 minutes from Poughkeepsie...not having pokemon though I aint going to join your nab crushing spree. Good luck, if I wasn't busy reading harry potter while at work that day I might have dropped by.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ugh, closest ones to me are Dayton-area. -_- Rest are in the C-areas; Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus.

lol at Nebraska :/

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh great. No Sleep Clause???

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
- Agility
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass

Yep. Sash the hit, Spore, Agility, Belly Drum, and then BP away. Should they switch, you Spore again. Forces every team to run fast pogeys and Substitute, and perhaps some Chesto/Lum Berries/Sleep Talkers/Snore
Jibaku, do you perhaps notice a flaw in your plan? A crucial, fundamental flaw?

^i see it XD

i went to my local gamestop and they had no idea there was going to be a tournament...the clerks didnt even notice the flyers by the register. =/ i did see the store listed so ill be going...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nobody's going to one in Arizona? Great! No competition for me!

(Not that it would stop me from winning. Heh heh.)

Wow, it may take a while for the tournament to finish if everyone has to play on the PBR in the store. I don't have a wii, but I remember how long a simple match could go on pokemon XD. Make that a 6-6 match and add delays between rounds, and it may be an all day thing.
I also wonder if I could sweep all the kids with a blissey.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nate said:
Holy shit Surgo I'm like 45 minutes from Poughkeepsie...not having pokemon though I aint going to join your nab crushing spree. Good luck, if I wasn't busy reading harry potter while at work that day I might have dropped by.
I remember that you PMed me when I first joined Smogon saying "Hudson Valley? Hey, I live there too!" We never did find out where the other one lives though...as for me, I go to Bard College which is right across the river from Kingston.

Jibaku, do you perhaps notice a flaw in your plan? A crucial, fundamental flaw?
Lol, sashed belly drum ftw. How exactly do you survive when you subtract 50% of max hp from 1?

Anywho, I suck at ubers but I have a team ready. I've had a team ready for almost 3 weeks. I wish it was OU though, I'm actually good at that.

Oh well, LO DD Rayquaza ftw. Lol, I MAY go, but a few things will suck..
- No one I know unless I convince my friend to go
- No challenge at all, because no one here lives in Brooklyn, New York

Good things
- I have like 10000 Gamestops near me
- If I win(which I do have a chance), I'll get a copy of PBR to sell on ebay(I already have one =))

Sweet, they're having one in Albany (Yes, NY, and yes, I am about an hour away from you, Surgo and Nate), right in Crossgates. Now I just gotta think of a decent team for Ubers...

Omg, wow! They're holding one at Fair Oaks mall?
Fair Oaks Mall? In Fairfax, Virginia?
That's the greatest mall ever.
On topic: Something tells me these tournaments are going to be crowded with little kids with hacked Pokes and teams with 6 ubers each.If they're hosting one at my mall(I didn't see it yet) but I'm probably just going to come and watch the little kids whine. :D

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
_Rex_ said:
On topic: Something tells me these tournaments are going to be crowded with little kids with hacked Pokes and teams with 6 ubers each.
Uh, no kidding? It's an uber tournament. If you want to win, bring your uber team.

Uh, no kidding? It's an uber tournament. If you want to win, bring your uber team.
Sadly enough, I did absolutely no thinking when I captured my legendaries in my Diamond. ):
Want to see my Azelf's IV's? You don't want to know.

Wow I didn't know there were so many Michiganders :happybrain: I live near Detroit so I'm going to the one in Troy (Oakland Collection)

I'm sure they can't tell Pokesav'd pokes, maybe I could put this hacked Azelf to good use >.>

Try to do some GTS swapping. I'm in the same boat as you in that regard. :(
Yeah, I totally wasn't thinking either. But legendary swapping has really worked for me, I got a fabulous Bold cresellia (only flaws are HP and speed, really), and some other nifty things off of there with enough patience.

Yeah, I totally wasn't thinking either. But legendary swapping has really worked for me, I got a fabulous Bold cresellia (only flaws are HP and speed, really), and some other nifty things off of there with enough patience.
Wait, you mean swap by putting an uber on the GTS and asking for the same thing?
But I want to keep my original ones. ):
Guess I'll clone it first.

Lol, sashed belly drum ftw. How exactly do you survive when you subtract 50% of max hp from 1?

Anywho, I suck at ubers but I have a team ready. I've had a team ready for almost 3 weeks. I wish it was OU though, I'm actually good at that.

Oh well, LO DD Rayquaza ftw. Lol, I MAY go, but a few things will suck..
- No one I know unless I convince my friend to go
- No challenge at all, because no one here lives in Brooklyn, New York

Good things
- I have like 10000 Gamestops near me
- If I win(which I do have a chance), I'll get a copy of PBR to sell on ebay(I already have one =))
I live in Brookyln.

Which GameStop are you going? I am might go to the one at Kings Highway, if you know where that is.

Bleh, looking less and less likely I'll be able to go to one of these... it's most likely going to be epicly busy at the park I work at that day judging by the amount of pavilions rented out so they probably are going to actually need me working.

Eh, I'm hoping desperately for doubles.

Whoa, there are a TON of Gamestop hosts near me. I wonder if they are all going to synchronize the tourney times or if you will be able to attend multiple ones in quick succession. Hopefully the latter. In any case, me and my friends are already getting our costumes ready.

No rules means Wobbuffet for me...:-\ But yeah Drizzle teams will be tough in a non 2v2 setting if the trainer knows what they're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)