Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The female makes it so like 80% of the time you inherit her ability, so not bad luck. I'd try replacing your female with the ability you want ASAP. Male doesn't matter though unless you're ditto breeding.

I have a question about Mold Breaker and Sticky Web. By any chance would this affect Levitate Pokemon? Does gravity affect Levitate Pokemon with Sticky Web? Thanks

The female makes it so like 80% of the time you inherit her ability, so not bad luck. I'd try replacing your female with the ability you want ASAP. Male doesn't matter though unless you're ditto breeding.

I have a question about Mold Breaker and Sticky Web. By any chance would this affect Levitate Pokemon? Does gravity affect Levitate Pokemon with Sticky Web? Thanks
thanks for the quick reply. I'm just going to keep the one without max HP and just hope it's 25+ lol

So I read a method for the Masuda Method where you get a inventory of eggs and then save the game hatch those eggs if non are shiny you soft reset and rehatch them. Though I am on my 300th egg hatching and it still isn't working so am i misunderstanding something or does it take this long? As I have read that IVs,Natures,etc are chosen on receiving the egg but i haven't heard anything about shinys being determined before receiving the egg.

Why is Flying Gem allowed in Pokebank OU?
Probably missing something obvious here but I always thought things unavailable in the game weren't allowed in OU, and Pokebank isn't going to make Flying Gem a thing.

1 - Is there something extra you have to do to get hidden abilities to pass down from the father? 30 prankster sableyes hatched now and nothing.

2 - How is everyone checking IVs this gen? Last couple gens, you could take them to the battle tower or union room or whatever to get them autoleveled.

Does having both parents with one ability affect the chances of getting the eggs to have a difference ability??
The mechanics have changed a bit in XY. For regular abilities it appears like the mother passes down hers most of the time. The male one does not have influence in the offspring's ability unless the mate is a Ditto.

As for Hidden Abilities, again only the female is able to pass the ability down unless it is a Male/Ditto combination.

You pretty much wantt o make sure that your female has Unburden. If you are really desperate (like flawless Hawlucha with the wrong ability), there will be always the option to change its regular ability with the Ability Capsule from the Battle Maison. It costs 200 GP though.

1 - Is there something extra you have to do to get hidden abilities to pass down from the father? 30 prankster sableyes hatched now and nothing.

2 - How is everyone checking IVs this gen? Last couple gens, you could take them to the battle tower or union room or whatever to get them autoleveled.
1. Male/Ditto pairings can create eggs with Hidden Abilities.

2. One guy in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center can detect perfect IVs, just like the IV checkers form the last generations. Another option is doing mock battles in the Lumiose City Battle Institute.

Furry Cutter used to be a base of 20 which was terrible for competitive use. However, in X/Y, its now got a base of 40.

How does this work with the Technician ability in terms of consecutive use of Furry Cutter?

Mold Breaker just ignores the ability of the opponent when attacking. It should not make Levitate Pokemon affected by Sticky Web. Gravity, however, might work. I think it will cause flying and Levitating Pokemon to be affected by Sticky Web; test it and report back?

Why is Flying Gem allowed in Pokebank OU?
Probably missing something obvious here but I always thought things unavailable in the game weren't allowed in OU, and Pokebank isn't going to make Flying Gem a thing.
As with a lot of things on Showdown that aren't behaving properly, it's likely that the coders just haven't got around to updating things with the newest information. It's probably just an oversight. There is also the possibility that the "Pokebank" server is just a name to represent an all-encompassing metagame using everything that has been established thus far, and so will include old items that we suspect might be available later. There's been research in the mechanics thread here at Smogon that suggests Gems now only give a 30% boost (or at least, the Normal Gem).

Furry Cutter used to be a base of 20 which was terrible for competitive use. However, in X/Y, its now got a base of 40.

How does this work with the Technician ability in terms of consecutive use of Furry Cutter?
Only the first use is 60 power. The next use will be 80, then 160.

I need to know some good cores and builds for the following mons: Chesnaught, Carracosta, Banette, Clauncher, and Haxorus. I currently have Hawlucha and Staraptor in my team for sure. I am a newbie when it comes to pvp in pokemon and this is my first time actually doing so.

Scepticallistic said:
Only the first use is 60 power. The next use will be 80, then 160.
Even so... its not a bad move for competitive use anymore is it? With a properly EV'd Scizor and possibly Metronome, with stab, I think its a feasible move for him now.

Even so... its not a bad move for competitive use anymore is it? With a properly EV'd Scizor and possibly Metronome, with stab, I think its a feasible move for him now.
You still need to hit 3 times in a row with it to do more total damage than X-Scissor or Bug Bite, which you're never going to have the chance to do.

I am torn between X an Y. Which one should I get? Is Xerneas or Yveltal better in the game and in general? Is there a way to view EVs in-game?

I am torn between X an Y. Which one should I get? Is Xerneas or Yveltal better in the game and in general? Is there a way to view EVs in-game?
I'd say Yveltal is better in-game and competitively. It's dual STABs aren't really resisted in-game and I've found Geomancy Xerneas pretty easy to counter competitively.

As for EVs, the Super Training screen shows a graph that roughly shows your Pokemon's EVs. You can't see it exactly, but 252/252/4 spreads are very easy to see. For exact EVs, you should save and then have your Pokemon hit a Reset Bag. Once they punch it enough, they'll destroy the punching bag and their EVs will be reset to 0. The game shows you exactly how many EVs your Pokemon lost in each stat at that time.

To view EVs in-game, go to "Super Training" on the bottom screen of your 3ds. There you can see the base stats (Blue pentagon) and EVs (Yellow Pentagon) of your mons.

so i'm building my first competitive team ever and looking for advice to finish it up

so far i have:

adamant aegislash, 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 def moveset: king's shield, swords dance, sacred sword, shadow sneak Item: leftovers

adamant azumarill, 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 spd moveset: waterfall, play rough, aqua jet, superpower ability: huge power Item: choice band

impish gliscor, 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spdef moveset: toxic, roost, substitute, earthquake ability: poison heal Item: toxic orb

modest reuniclus, 252 spatk, 252 hp, 4 spdef moveset: psychic, thunder, trick room, recover ability: magic guard Item: not sure yet

so i'm trying out a trick room team as my first team, may have to rebreed/re-ev train pokes for 0 speed and hindering speed natures but other than that I'm just looking for 2 pokes to finish my team and an item for reuniclus.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm absolutely terrible at calculating percentages, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out: what percent chance is there that I will run into a Timid pentaflawless Yveltal given that I'm using a Timid synchronizer in the first slot and the Yveltal is guaranteed three perfect IV's already? It's also given that the dump stat should be Attack. Thanks in advance to whomever can figure this out!

What pokemon pre bank can get rocks through breeding? I know Donphan, tyranitar etc can but what I am really hoping for is excadrill, please tell me it can.

Does Pokerus affect Super Training? Or only the EVs you get in battle?
It only affects battle EVs, but then with a power item and hordes, its really no loss.

I'm absolutely terrible at calculating percentages, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out: what percent chance is there that I will run into a Timid pentaflawless Yveltal given that I'm using a Timid synchronizer in the first slot and the Yveltal is guaranteed three perfect IV's already? It's also given that the dump stat should be Attack. Thanks in advance to whomever can figure this out!
If what I know is right, you have 1/2 chance of having the nature synchronized, and then a further bonus 1/25 that it simply comes out right, so you have 27/50 odds of nature. Assuming any three IVs are already perfect means that at least two of them will be relevant, the last one could be attack. In that case you have three more stats to roll 31 on. With 1/32 odds for each, all three comes up at 1/32768, of course the odds of this event being the actuality is 1/4, since two of the IVs are set to be not-attack. In the more common case that it chose not to roll attack, you only have 1/32 odds that you have to hit twice, a much more reasonable 1/1024.

So you automatically have 27/50 chances of nature with 3/4096 chance of it being pentaflawless and a further 1/131072 of it being fully flawless. Your final odds are (27/50)*((3/4096)+(1/131072)) which is (27/50)*(97/131072) or (2619/6553600).

The simple answer, about 0.04% or 1 in 2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)