Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
It was there when I was able to pull up the access point in the first place. I'm guessing that was the Connection? Not too saavy with computers. X_x What's the name of the driver so I can try to re-install it? ANd no worries Esmeya. Thanks for the help so far. Message me later and I'll letcha know if I got it running again.
I think so, yes. Well, I guess first off, did you actually delete that connection or just disable it? Do you also happen to remember what the description of it was, not just the name (i.e. "Virtual miniport adapter" or something)? I'll do what I can to help, but I'm no expert either haha.

EDIT: if you think it's easier (and since this is kinda a user-specific issue), we can always just chat in a PM.

EDIT2: Logging off for now, so if anyone wants to pick this up that's fine. You could try to see if there is an X or ! when you open the device manager (Right click on Computer-->Manage--> device manager) and reinstall something if you deleted it, or you can go into your network and sharing center and set up a new connection (manage wireless networks-->add). Maybe something like that will help :)

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone around to hop on while I check the SV for a single egg?

Happy to AFK while you check your own, or to check some for whomever accepts.

Edit: Done and dusted. Thanks Esmeya.

Last edited:
whaha i found my hatcher 4001 but now im having a problem with 953! why everytime i bred a very good egg it will end up with the worst SV that you can ever find and no one has it! i hope i can find 953 ^_^

So for two weeks, this program has been working fine, but today it's magically not. I get this error for the first time ever:

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation

I have tried doing #3 in the guide, and I have tried enabling something else in my CMD, but I forgot what it was. Can anyone help me? This is really frustrating.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
First step to try would be restarting your computer. Not a sure fix, but often solves a lot of problems.

Otherwise, not sure if it'll help, but worth a shot, might be that it's running one without your knowledge. Try typing (in command prompt with administrator privileges):

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
Then go back to step 3)

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

Not sure if it'll help, but worth a shot, might be that it's running one without your knowledge. Try typing (in command prompt with administrator privileges):

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
Then go back to step 3)

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

Yeah that didn't work. That was the command I did earlier as well, but it wouldn't work. Thanks for the help anyhow.

I solved that mystery by following this guide and uninstalling my wifi router:

http://www.talkofweb.com/netsh-wlan-hostednetwork-the-hosted-network-could-not-be-started/

Network connections now identifies Pokecheck, but however I'm getting a new error:
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)

So if anyone has any idea of what to do about that now, help would well be appreciated. I just got home from work and wanted to make a new shiny and this sucks Lol

Also did a little search in these forums, found this "

I don't get this on one of my USB WI FI adapters i can't connect to the internet and on the other one i get this ERROR :
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040201)
You need to run the CMD prompt in administrator mode and use the command 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow'"

That solution didn't fix it after I got to this error, so still trying to figure it out.

Anyone else having this problem?

It doesn't triple pokemon in MY list, but in the other person's it does. Makes it a huge pain to scan eggs for others.

Just restart your PC and it will work fine.
Just an update on this reply.
You told me to restart my PC and it will work fine.
No. It didn't work fine. I restarted my laptop and it still comes up with the same message. I've gone on the CMD and put in the stuff it said to put in, and it still doesn't work either. Instacheck is such a hassle to work with, if I don't get it fixed soon, I'm not going to bother with it anymore.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah that didn't work. That was the command I did earlier as well, but it wouldn't work. Thanks for the help anyhow.

You need to run the CMD prompt in administrator mode and use the command 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow'"

That solution didn't fix it after I got to this error, so still trying to figure it out.
Have you tried allowing it through your computer's firewall?

Edit: Going to bed, work in the morning. Too darn tired.

Last edited:
Anyone mind checking 2 batches (and a few random pokes I need stats on) for me? Will tip with a 5IV Poke or Happy Hour Smeargle :D

hm

Well my boyfriend managed to get VRP working, but now I'm just having issues connecting to the internet through my 3DS. It'll do that thing where it can reach the access point, and "internet" earth thing will be blue, but it never actually connects.

Anyone had this issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)