Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Neriifur Assuming your Wireless card allows such settings, you can set one up using an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=instacheck key=01234567
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then connect to it on the 3DS using "instacheck" as the SSID, and "01234567" as the passcode. If everything works then it'll show up on Instacheck as normal.

On another note, any chance of the code for this going public. Would be interested in making a Mac version of this, since Wireless hotspots and packet capture, etc. come with native implementations.
You can ask OmegaDonut :) and it would be a great help! Since, I don't have much time to troubleshoot during the day =(

Neriifur Assuming your Wireless card allows such settings, you can set one up using an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=instacheck key=01234567
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then connect to it on the 3DS using "instacheck" as the SSID, and "01234567" as the passcode. If everything works then it'll show up on Instacheck as normal.

On another note, any chance of the code for this going public. Would be interested in making a Mac version of this, since Wireless hotspots and packet capture, etc. come with native implementations.

I tried that, but it didn't work. I still get the error where the 3DS attempts to connect to the internet, goes to the blue globe, and says "Could Not Connect" Same thing's happening as it does with Virtual Router Plus now.

Congratulations, now you owe me a cookie. How a Kakuna will get a cookie, I do not know. But you still owe me one.
xD well it would be an animated Milotic if I could figure out how to change it to another animated gif in the database, but alas I dunno hahaha. (Default avatar) Therefore I could give you one with my..tail? ;P

Esmeya

xD well it would be an animated Milotic if I could figure out how to change it to another animated gif in the database, but alas I dunno hahaha. (Default avatar) Therefore I could give you one with my..tail? ;P
"Type /avatar to see the list of avatars you can choose from. Type /avatar #, where # is the number of the avatar you want to have (the space between avatar and # is important). Currently your avatar will be reset to one of the defaults with each server restart."

"Type /avatar to see the list of avatars you can choose from. Type /avatar #, where # is the number of the avatar you want to have (the space between avatar and # is important). Currently your avatar will be reset to one of the defaults with each server restart."
Hmm where do I do that at? I tried it in the post, but it didn't work xD I don't come to smogon enough. I spend too much time on Reddit hurhur xD

Esmeya

Just curious is it possible to run Instacheck without a wired connection with this set up? I think I have more than one wireless adapter but I'm not sure
Technically, it might be possible. But in reality it'll probably drop more than it does already with a wired/virtual wireless ...

Technically, it might be possible. But in reality it'll probably drop more than it does already with a wired/virtual wireless ...
"dropped more"? not sure I understand, I only ask because when I'm at my moms it she doesn't have a wired connection for me it's wireless and the only thing that is wired is her home computer which has no WLAN adapters.

By clicking your profile image in your, profile.
Hrmmm where do I type it in that section? There's only a place to click to select an image off your PC, and something to select a gravatar o.o I must sound kinda dumb by now lol <_<

Ahhh I'm so happy. This standalone version is so much more stable than the original one .-. I used to have to restart virtual router plus so often, but this one just works like a charm.

Esmeya

"dropped more"? not sure I understand, I only ask because when I'm at my moms it she doesn't have a wired connection for me it's wireless and the only thing that is wired is her home computer which has no WLAN adapters.
Dropping connections, more errors blah blah.

Hrmmm where do I type it in that section? There's only a place to click to select an image off your PC, and something to select a gravatar o.o I must sound kinda dumb by now lol <_<

Ahhh I'm so happy. This standalone version is so much more stable than the original one .-. I used to have to restart virtual router plus so often, but this one just works like a charm.
To each their own and just google "How to change my animated avatar on smogon" too tired.

Would anyone mind checking my roommates SID? No eggs, just wanna find out what his SID is in case I can get him any shinys for xmas under his name. Info is 5472-6520-8566 IGN Zakkery if you dont mind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)