Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm

Well my boyfriend managed to get VRP working, but now I'm just having issues connecting to the internet through my 3DS. It'll do that thing where it can reach the access point, and "internet" earth thing will be blue, but it never actually connects.

Anyone had this issue?
I have this same issue. I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly- I'm using a laptop with a wired connection.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
can someone please help me get a shiny dieno
Please read about how Instacheck, Shiny Values and the Trainer Shiny Database work there are stickied threads in the "Wi-Fi" section that explain it.

I can't pull shiny dragons out of my butt.

Can anyone help me figure out my TSV?I couldn't get the instacheck working...
My 3DS FC is 3523 3263 5472
I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out

I'm having a really weird issue with instacheck today.

Yesterday my friend and I (in the same room connecting to the same instacheck hotspot) could trade and view values in instacheck fine.

Today, same setup, even restarting everything, everything works fine up until we trade, and NO information gets populated in instacheck.
If we back out of trade and do a WonderTrade, the wonder traded pokemon data populates instacheck without doing anything (didn't close/start/stop anything in instacheck)

anyone have any clue why wonder trade would work but regular trade isn't?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a really weird issue with instacheck today.

Yesterday my friend and I (in the same room connecting to the same instacheck hotspot) could trade and view values in instacheck fine.

Today, same setup, even restarting everything, everything works fine up until we trade, and NO information gets populated in instacheck.
If we back out of trade and do a WonderTrade, the wonder traded pokemon data populates instacheck without doing anything (didn't close/start/stop anything in instacheck)

anyone have any clue why wonder trade would work but regular trade isn't?
Never heard of that issue before are you using the standalone or the original?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Neriifur Assuming your Wireless card allows such settings, you can set one up using an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=instacheck key=01234567
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then connect to it on the 3DS using "instacheck" as the SSID, and "01234567" as the passcode. If everything works then it'll show up on Instacheck as normal.

On another note, any chance of the code for this going public. Would be interested in making a Mac version of this, since Wireless hotspots and packet capture, etc. come with native implementations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)