STAB Explosion (Lickilicky Discussion)

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
STAB Explosion (Lickilicky Discussion) [Featuring Ludacris]

Well, let me start out by saying... STAB Explosion. Unless my eyes deceive me, Serebii's Attackdex entry for Explosion is quite clear in informing us that there is one normal type in the game that can learn explosion. A normal type using explosion is the equivalent of an atomic bomb. If you factor in the defense-halving mechanic of Explosion and Selfdestruct, you get a MASSIVE (and do I mean FUCKING MASSIVE) 750 BP. It's the equivalent of an OHKO move that's not blocked by Sturdy and always hits. It's the equivalent to being a satellite that was shot out from the earth at 15,000 MPH, got caught in the sun's gravity, and looped around to enter the Earth's orbit again at 15,000 MPH and strike something squarely on the head. It's the equivalent to a forecast of doom with a chance of pain. It's the equivalent to the Apocalypse, set in motion on something completely unprepared, and working in conjunction with Pirates, Ninjas, AND Zombies. It's the equivalent of Chuck Norris with a Choice Band. It's...
Strong, to sum it up.

Lickilicky: The licking, knocking, copying, exploding, massive movepool pink thing.

Notable Physical Movepool:
Knock Off
Rollout
Power Whip
Focus Punch
Frustration/Return
Iron Tail
Earthquake
Birck Break (best non-breeding phys. fighting move)
Fling
Facade
Explosion/Instadeath
Gyro Ball
Rock Slide
Rock Climb
Hammer Arm
Body Slam
Mud Slap (Emerald Tutor)
Ice/Thunder/Fire Punch (Emerald Tutor)
Megakick (FR/LG/E tutor)
Double Edge (FR/LG/E tutor)

Notable Special Movepool:
Wring Out
Water Pulse
Ice Beam/Blizzard
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Focus Blast
Dream Eater
Surf
Icy Wind (Emerald Tutor)

Notable Support Movepool:
Supersonic
Defense Curl (See: Rollout)
Me First (pwns)
Refresh
Screech
Toxic
Rest
Swords Dance
Substitute
Psych Up
Captivate (for 2v2)
Sleep Talk
Swagger
Belly Drum
Curse
Amnesia
DynamicPunch (Emerald Tutor)
Counter (Emerald Tutor)
Helping Hand (XD)
Mimic (FR/LG/E tutor)
Wish (NYPC- I got one of these on Wifi yesterday, but IVs were awful >_>)
Heal Bell (NYPC)

Lickilicky is definately in the top ten for "ginourmous movepool". This thing has good stats apart from its speed, a massive "notable" movepool (though not much in its pool isn't notable, aside from 'worthless' ones like Lick, Attract, or Snore), and it looks great (IMO). Lickilicky was originally a Pokémon I wasn't too excited about, but after recently putting it on my team, I was definately converted to a follower.

I want to say before I start that I think the Lickilicky Analysis is bullshit. They give seven sets for Lickilicky, covering multiple bases and almost any "Standard Role" you can imagine... But I think they still don't cover some of Lickilicky's options, from the insanely fun to the insanely gimmicky.

Name: Me First!
Nature:
+attack, spatk, or speed
-Def or SpDef
OR Neutral all
EVs: 252 Speed/x attack/x Sp.Atk (customizable depending on nature/moves)
item: Choice Scarf
move 1: Me First
move 2: Filler (ice beam)
move 3: Filler (Thunderbolt/Wring Out)
move 4: Explosion

Plan of action: Well, I know it seems a waste to go for Speed when it's Lickilicky's lowest stat... But this semi-novelty is a major pain in the ass, especially in double battles. If your 328 Speed (after Scarf with +spd nature) is enough to outrun your foe, then you have a lot of possibilities, although it takes some prediction. Me First is an awesome move a lot of the time (especially on Specsmence, unless it outpredicts you and goes with flamethrower), and BoltBeam gets a lot of coverage. I know Me First sounds like a worthless move at first, but it's not- Ask Footnote, who was recently the victim of my non-EVed Lickilicky with this exact set. My Lickilicky was a great asset in that battle, who managed to take down 2 or more of his Pokémon (though the details are a bit fuzzy), even though he'd not been EV trained yet.
Anyway, the plan is to use any of the first three moves as long as possible, switching in and out as choice item users do. When you're finally about to bite the dust, give your opponent a nice "FUCK YOU!" in the form of STAB Explosion.
Other possibilities include having higher attack than spatk and going for moves like Power Whip and Return. Other possibilities on a Sp.Atk set include Wring Out, which is 121BP on a foe with full HP, and gets STAB up to 181, Shadow Ball or Focus Blast for coverage, etc.

Name: No Speed
Nature: Brave (+atk -speed)
EVs: 252 attack/252 HP/4def
item: Iron Orb
move 1: Fling/Curse/Power Whip
move 2: Hammer Arm
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Explosion

Plan of action: This one's simple, too. Fling is there to abuse the Iron Orb for a single-use 130BP Dark-type attack; Sadly, it gets rid of your iron orb effectively doubling your speed and reducing Gyro Ball's power. A good move to put in its place if you don't want that counter-intuitiveness is Curse, which boosts attack and defence, while further lowering speed, essentially giving you three good effects at once. If you don't feel like curse, why not go with the 120BP Grass move Power Whip? It's pretty powerful, and gets coverage on grounds and grasses, as well as making sure you aren't walled completely by ghosts. Hammer arm is a good fighting attack that Lickilicky gets from breeding, which lowers its speed one stage- This is good, since we WANT our speed lowered, aye? Gyro Ball is obviously the key attack here, so it doesn't need explained. And of course, STAB explosion to go out with a BOOOOOOOOOOM KAPOW FWOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

(Note: Breeding chain for Curse and Hammer arm onto Lickitung: Anything Ground Group (smeargle) passes curse to Rhyhorn- Rhyhorn learns Hammer Arm via level up and passes both down to Lickitung)

Name: Ludacris
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252attack/252hp/4sdef
item: Metronome/Wide Lens
move 1: Defense Curl
move 2: Rollout
move 3: Power Whip/Fire Blast
move 4: Explosion/Amnesia

Plan of action: Again, simple. Defense Curl doubles the power of Rollout, and gives Lickilicky a defence boost for some staying power. Rollout is obviously the center feature of the set. The third move is filler for type coverage (though on this set I prefer the physical Power Whip to the special Fire Blast). Explosion is the standard Swan's Song I've been pushing for the whole topic. The only logical spot to put amnesia is over Explosion, which seems like a shame, but the added SDef gives this thing the Survivability it needs to function.
This is what basically happens to Rollout on this set if you're using Zoom Lens instead of Metronome, for the sake of accuracy (boosts rollout's acc. to 99%):
1 Defense Curl
2 Rollout (60BP)
3 Rollout (120BP)
4 Rollout (240BP)
5 Rollout (480BP)
6 Rollout (960BP)
BUT, this is NOT including the Metronome Boost, if you choose to use the Metronome item!
The metronome will add an extra 10% to every consecutive rollout, so in order from number 1 to number 5, here are the Rollout powers:
60BP
120*1.1=132BP
240*1.2=288BP
480*1.3=624BP
960*1.4=1344BP

...The only thing to say at that is "LOL". If you start back from the beginning again, your Rollout will have 60BP again, but start at a 1.5x boost and get another .1 for every attack, up to 3x max. If your opponent can't stop you (which they probably can), this is a super-juggernaut, end story.

Name: Paralyzed? Let me go first!
Nature:
+atk or spatk
-def or sdef
EVs: 252HP/128Atk/128Spatk
item: Leftovers/King's Rock
move 1: Me First
move 2: Body Slam
move 3: Thunder
move 4: Explosion/Protect/Knock Off

Plan of Action: After some calculcations, I've found that Lickilicky with 31 speed IV, neutral nature to speed, and no speed EVs will outrun a Paralyzed Speed form Deoxys with max speed, the maximum unboosted speed in the whole game and a speed that most boosted Pokémon can't hope to pass. Only very fast Pokémon with a Choice Scarf (Pokémon that, including their scarf, surpass 543 speed) or Pokémon with an agility under their belt can hope to outspeed it. After it uses one of its 30% Para rate moves until Para kicks in, Licki moves first, and can use the set's signature move- Me First, allowing you to steal your foe's attack at 1.5x power for yourself as long as you move first.

Leftovers v King's Rock
Simple- Leftovers is to make you last longer, King's Rock is for hax. Imagine paralyzing someone, using Me First to steal their move... And then their own move with boosted power flinches them XD

Explosion v Protect v Knock Off
Explosion is basically a guaranteed kill on anything that doesn't 4x resist it or on anything that doesn't 2x resist it with massive Defense. The downside is that it lacks any usefulness before Licki is ready to die. Protect is a cheap move, but on this set it works wonders. It locks choice users into their moves for you to switch to proper counters, gives you a free turn of leftovers recovery, and can save your pink ass in a lot of situations where you just don't know what to do. Knock Off is in a class of its own (literally), and can be useful in literally hundreds of situations with the metagame based so much on items. It helps Licki deal with Choice Scarfers that still outspeed him after Paralysis

Other Options:
Though it's a bit limited and gimmicky, holding a Light Orb and replacing one of the moves with Fling is a GUARANTEED one-time paralysis, barring limber or the foe already having a status. This isn't useful on most Pokés that try for Paralysis, but Lickilicky can't get Thunder Wave. Even better, it is the only guaranteed paralyze on grounds in the game, aside from Normalize thunderwave.
Me First can be replaced for additional type coverage, but the simple surprise of Me First, combined with its usability in a lot of situations (tons of ground-weak pokés use EQ, for example) and its boosted attack, makes it a good prediction's paradise.
^Thanks to Footnote and Treedweller on this set.

Name: Lickinnoying
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP
Item: Custap Berry
-Knock Off
-Explosion
-Hammer Arm/Counter/Brick Break
-Gyro Ball/endure/Counter/Filler

Plan of action: Knock off the items of foes, then proceed to harrass them with either Hammer Arm, Counter, or Gyro Ball. Hammer arm lowers your speed and therefore powers up Gyro Ball, and is also a good fighting move with 100 power. Gyro Ball on this set can easily get to 150BP, but doesn't get much coverage over Fighting. Counter always moves last of course (which isn't a problem with something so slow), but sadly it is incompatible with Hammer Arm (Counter from Advance Tutor, Hammer arm must be bred in D/P) so if you use Counter over Gyro Ball you need to have Brick Break instead of Hammer arm. Endure is a good option if you know you're going to get KOed, have over 25% HP, and want to use your Custap-Explosion. You can also put moves like Power Whip, Earthquake, Rockslide, or Rock Climb (90BP+STAB+20% confuse rate).

Name: NYPC Cleric
Nature:
+def/Sdef/attack
-spatk/speed
EVs: 252HP/128Def/128SDef
OR with a +def/sdef nature, skew the Def/SDef EVs towards the unboosted one- Make the defences almost even.
Item: Leftovers
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Knock Off/Attack
-Explosion/Protect

Plan of action: It does *everything*. If you have an NYPC Lickilicky (check my sig ;D), it's probably the best Lickilicky set, and I thank Lex for giving me this set (although I had a very similar set in mind to be honest, he gave me the moves and I gave it item/ev/name). Lickilicky uses Heal Bell as a team cleric, and wish to heal itself or its teammates. Knock Off is there to knock off the foe's item, which is extremely helpful especially on a set like this. STAB Explosion, even with no attack EVs, is still the rough equivalent of an atomic bomb. Protect may be an option over Explosion- It wastes your foe's PP, gives you free lefties recovery, and allows you to guarantee you get healed by Wish instead of having a shot at dying. You can put any of Lickilicky's more powerful moves over Knock Off on that set, such as Power Whip, Fire Blast, Blizzard... My personal favorite is Shadow Ball for ghosts that are trying to ruin your BOOM, but that leaves you 100% walled by Normal types with no option but to Wish and switch or explode.
Other options for this set are limited, because it can't use any Egg Moves and such- It CAN, however, have the advance tutor moves, level-up moves, and TM/HM moves. This is going to be a "fun" list to come up with...
Psych Up and Swagger are good options; One boosts Lickilicky to match the foe, making their stat changes nearly irrelevant. The other confuses them, but sharply raises their attack. Mud Slap's accuracy lowering could be helpful on a set like this. Substitute is always an option on Bulky pokémon, taking a hit on turn 1, putting up a sub, and being unhittable the next turn (barring multi-hit moves). Disable is a good move on a set like this, and can screw some Pokémon up. Toxic is also an option. Double Team is for (BAN ME PLEASE)s, but if that's your thing, go ahead. Rock Climb is like a low-chance Makeshift confuse ray that does damage if you use it and confuses 1/5 the time.

DISCUSS THIS PINK BLOB!

Edit:
Thanks: Synecdoche for letting me know my Speed was way undercalculated for my Scarf set, and reminding me to put Power Whip on my sets for coverage. Also to Blackbeltsam, Billzilla, and Synecdoche for saying they like my sets- Because having a majority of posters saying they like my sets is good for the soul :3

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Yeah, but smeargle's attack is weak.

I do like the Scarf set.
I guess he is right, it could be good with Belly Drum. Thanks for the correction, now Lickilicky is the only Pokémon with decent stats with STAB explosion.

Thanks, the Scarf set is my own pride and joy that I've been using for about a week on an untrained Lickitung just to see how well it works. I know divulging my secret moveset is bound to bite me in the ass, but someone else would have come up with it eventually I'm sure, and posted it.

I guess he is right, it could be good with Belly Drum. Thanks for the correction, now Lickilicky is the only Pokémon with decent stats with STAB explosion.

Thanks, the Scarf set is my own pride and joy that I've been using for about a week on an untrained Lickitung just to see how well it works. I know divulging my secret moveset is bound to bite me in the ass, but someone else would have come up with it eventually I'm sure, and posted it.

I'll be sure to use it if I ever face you on the battlefield. I'm stealing it.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'll be sure to use it if I ever face you on the battlefield. I'm stealing it.
Hey, I don't care since everyone's gonna know where it came from. This is LickiBoa. XD
Glad to hear that you take a fancy for it, I can't wait to hear other people's opinions.

The No-speed set NEEDs Hammer-Arm or it's walled by empoleon :] Frankly, i'd be most scared of failing the explosion against a common ghost type (Mismag, Dusknoir or Gengar). Which is why i would be hesitant on having only Hammer Arm, Explosion, and a 1shot shot at killing a Ghost type :\

That being said it still looks like a nice set.

oh, and Cscarf Lililicky is just ridilickilickilous. Jolly wouldn't even give it that many more points --; (EDIT i did some of the calculations, it is quite the contrary, it can't outspeed anything standard without Jolly 252 speed + Scarf. With Jolly 252 + scarf it gets 218 speed (1.5x making it 328 speed, giving it the crucial speed to overtake standard Specsmence and throw a Draco Meteor on it)

also, i can't believe you didn't mention Power Whip, Lickilicky would be awesome as a surprise swampert killer.

I'm actually not a huge fan of your Choice Scarf set. 261 is hardly enough to outrun almost anything particularly useful in the current metagame, so all you're doing is eliminating potential leftovers recovery, the freedom to switch moves when you need it, and otherwise making Lickilicky dead weight as soon as the fast sweepers start pouring out.

Plus, I really don't think Me First is worth it, especially on so slow a pokemon. I'd stick to a more standard set to properly utilize Lickilicky's capabilities as a decent physical soaker/exploder, though his stats aren't exactly ideal for such a set up. In short, he really doesn't counter much, but he sure can dish out pain when he wants to; STAB Explosion needs to be utilized to its absolute maximum potential with Lickilicky to avoid inferiority, and if he's tagged with a good pursuiter like Weavile, you can surprise Ghosts expecting him to explode, essentially giving you the upper hand despite the Normal/Dark shared fighting weakness. Alternatively, try pairing him with a Ghost like Gengar to surprise slower ghosts and get the edge on most fighting types.

Smeargle's Explosion is sexier for me, I mean it KOs everything but Rock/Steel Types after a Belly Drum, And I'm using JOLLY Smeargle not Adamant, even Skarmory cries against it :P

You could use Crunch for the Ghosts Pokes if you want :P

Is Curse + Explosion appealing on Lickilicky?, if it could learn Sucker Punch or Crunch at least... =S

Anyway Curse + Gyro Ball is also nice, too bad you don't have STAB on it but at least you hit Gengar very very hard

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
also, i can't believe you didn't mention Power Whip, Lickilicky would be awesome as a surprise swampert killer.
Well, it's in the notable phys. movepool section, and I have a lot of refining and adding to do. I still have 3-4 more sets in mind to post tomorrow, and I'll be adding more options to the ones I have up (like Power Whip).

I don't know how the hell I ended up doing so, but the Speed calculation I did for the Scarf set was 100% wrong. I used the max possible speed with a -speed nature, not +speed. I'll change it ASAP. This also mostly resolves the problem Treedweller had with the set.

Also, I'd like to point at that as with all single-pokemon discussions, combos with other Pokés are welcomed; But don't just say "so-and-so can counter Lickitung", because chances are the rest of my team will have a viable counter for "so-and-so".
The problem with something trying to counter lickitung is that Lickitung can do so many different things that it's pitiful trying to counter him until you see what he has in store. If you see Defense Curl, you can't just switch out rock/steel to resist rollout, since Lickitung is likely to have a good fighting/fire/etc move to rape your ass and won't immediately go from DC to Rollout. Lickitung isn't counterable until you know what it is- Aside from countering the guaranteed Asplosion, of course.

+speed Nature 252 Scarf is the only viable usage of Scarf-Licki as 328 outspeeds all Modest/Adamant Base 100s. (As an Added bonus it also MATCHES the speeds of Base 100 Nature/252, and therefore has a 50/50% of going first)

the biggest problem of running Me-First is that it requires a divided attack/special attack build in order to fully take on pokemon that do damage from both spectrums. Power Whip on that set would be awesome as a Manaphy Counter, I'd have to check if it's a 2HKO though >.>;

I don't know how the hell I ended up doing so, but the Speed calculation I did for the Scarf set was 100% wrong. I used the max possible speed with a -speed nature, not +speed. I'll change it ASAP. This also mostly resolves the problem Treedweller had with the set.
Actually, it doesn't. I don't know if this is just a personal preference of mine, but when I make ANY CS set, I like to hit 384 speed with whatever pokemon I'm slapping the CS on to outrun Jolly, max speed Weavile. It's a nice speed to hit and guarentees you'll outspeed a lot of your intended counters, and Lickilicky really can't hit anywhere NEAR that mark even maxed out, I believe; thanks to it's only slightly above average physical defenses, it has a hard time switching in late game and preventing a 2KO to allow it to use it's STAB Explosion after Knocking Off or Paralyzing particular opponents, and the choice scarf set only exemplifies this problem rather than rectifying it. I'm not saying it's a bad set, you may surprise some slower pokemon, but it has a hard time keeping up to (and subsequently harming) a lot of very standard pokemon.

There are some creative sets there, but they are quite situational.

Also worth noting is that via XD Snorlax can get Selfdestruct. Which while it may only have an effective BP of 600, the higher attack would make just as strong. Sure you forfeit getting any of Snorlax's new DP Egg Moves, but likely you didn't want Zen Headbutt just for Weezing anyway.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Actually, it doesn't. I don't know if this is just a personal preference of mine, but when I make ANY CS set, I like to hit 384 speed with whatever pokemon I'm slapping the CS on to outrun Jolly, max speed Weavile. It's a nice speed to hit and guarentees you'll outspeed a lot of your intended counters, and Lickilicky really can't hit anywhere NEAR that mark even maxed out, I believe; thanks to it's only slightly above average physical defenses, it has a hard time switching in late game and preventing a 2KO to allow it to use it's STAB Explosion after Knocking Off or Paralyzing particular opponents, and the choice scarf set only exemplifies this problem rather than rectifying it. I'm not saying it's a bad set, you may surprise some slower pokemon, but it has a hard time keeping up to (and subsequently harming) a lot of very standard pokemon.
I can't really say anything except that that's your preference I suppose, and that I won't be switching Lickilicky into play much- Unless I'm using a slow Baton Pass/U-Turn to get Lickilicky in safely, he'll only be coming in after someone dies or as a starter. He'd also be great late-game if I predict a switch/set-up/ghost attack, and the foe has no ghosts to block Explosion.

Also worth noting is that via XD Snorlax can get Selfdestruct. Which while it may only have an effective BP of 600, the higher attack would make just as strong. Sure you forfeit getting any of Snorlax's new DP Egg Moves, but likely you didn't want Zen Headbutt just for Weezing anyway.
The gap in power from Snorlax to Lickilicky isn't enough to offset that 1/3 power difference fully, tbh. Other than that, Lickilicky has a better movepool all around in exchange for the general stat drop and can do other things- Notably, he can do everything snorlax can (though more weakly), and can do additional stunts like Heal Bell from NYPC, DC-Rollout, Gyro Ball, Power Whip... and that's only on the physical side of things, when Lickilicky also can work for Special attacking, or weird things like Me First.

Yeah, the Me First Lickilicky set definitely has surprise on its side. My Marowak didn't shrug off that Me First Bonemerang it took as easily as I thought it would.

I'll take a longer look at this discussion tomorrow, but for now I'll put forward the idea of making your two filler moves on the Me First set Body Slam and Thunder. This way you have both a physical and special attack (to take advantage of your EVs in Attack and Sp Attack) and you have a good chance to paralyze, making Me First useful in that many more situations. What do you think, Boa?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Yeah, the Me First Lickilicky set definitely has surprise on its side. My Marowak didn't shrug off that Me First Bonemerang it took as easily as I thought it would.

I'll take a longer look at this discussion tomorrow, but for now I'll put forward the idea of making your two filler moves on the Me First set Body Slam and Thunder. This way you have both a physical and special attack (to take advantage of your EVs in Attack and Sp Attack) and you have a good chance to paralyze, making Me First useful in that many more situations. What do you think, Boa?
I like that idea, although the problem is that once I paralyze, I have to switch before Licki can take advantage of it via Me First- A better solution would be to go for paralysis support from someone else on the team, and possibly pass some speed to Licki, saving the two filler slots for type coverage. I do like the idea of one physical and one special, though. Paralysis is a good idea, but not as much so with a Scarf- Perhaps on a Life Orb set that's had speed BPed to it. Though, I just gave myself something to research...
Life Orb may boost the power of Me First attacks, while neglecting to do the "recoil", since it's not really an attacking move. That means the attacks get a 2.25x boost on the original BP, with no consequence. Of course, this is pure theory and I need to test it.

Ah yes, Choice Scarf. I don't usually use Choice Items, so it often slips my mind that they lock you in. Good call on the paralysis support.

If you were to ask me, I'd go with this...

Licklicky @ leftovers...
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Own Tempo
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Attack.
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Power Whip/Me First (although I'd use power whip personally)
-Explosion

This set is pretty much used to counter bulk waters and sub-punch. Explosion is there for when you get low on health.

Hmm, now that you guys put in the paralysis, if you used the same CS set, but paralysis support @ Leftovers instead, Lickilicky could be an invaluable member of Flinchhax teams that feature Air Slash/T-Wave Togekiss with Me First/ Body Slam/ Thunder/ Filler (perhaps Protect to scout out Choice users and Lefties recovery). Not only do you help set up for the rest of your team, but it can also counter nasty threats that switch in, get paralyzed, and attempt to retaliate. Jirachi would also work well with those two, providing Reflect/Wish support, and possibly doling out a little Flinchhax itself with Zen Headbutt.

Of course, it requires very good prediction, because the second the opponent realizes you have Me First, you lose the element of suprise and they'll be free to try and set up on you and switch happily between members on their team, since Lickilicky with that particular set doesn't really counter anything if it fails to paralyze. Nonetheless, I think he'd be an interesting Flinchhax support member with a nice element of surprise thrown in provided you can hit a 'good' speed that can outspeed the majority of paralyzed threats (i.e. don't run speed reducing natures).

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
See, THIS is part of the arguement that people were using in the sticky about gimmicks- Even though the original set is gimmicky, we've developed something new out of it that is, as you say, "invaluable". It's a perfect example of progress in work, and I won't delay in putting that set into the first post, and crediting both of the idea's contributors.

Boa, I like your Rollout set, too, but I'm not sure it does quite as much damage as all that. Fury Cutter doubles in power with every hit, but I don't think Rollout does. I think (but I could be wrong) that the normal power succession of Rollout is 30, 60, 90, 120, 150. With Defense Curl, I imagine it moves up to 60, 90, 120, 150, 150 or 60, 120, 150, 150, 150. I put 150 as the cap here because even though I don't know the actual Base Power cap, I'm pretty sure one exists.

Also, we should test to make sure that Metronome considers each round of Rollout to be a new attack. It's possible that it only 'activates' each time the move is selected. I'd guess that each hit counts for a new boost, but I'm honestly not certain.

EDIT: After some testing, I am so wrong about Rollout. It does double in power every hit and Defense Curl doubles the power of each hit, including the last one. Yowza!

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why use Metronome with Rollout when you can't switch attacks anyway? You might as well use Choice Band.

I find it funny alot of people overlook this fact but Lickilicky is one of the bulkiest things in the entire game. Its because of this I find it highly dissapointing nobody even notices or even bothers to suggest building into its defenses abit. Lickilicky's defenses are actually superior to even Garchomp and Dragonite.

I can guess some will be laughing but most are de-sensitized to their absolutely bulky defenses due to the prominent 4x weaknesses they share.

For example a neutral Lickilicky can easily reach 250 defense and 404HP with only a small helping of EV's. Whats significant about that you ask?

An extreme of adamant, 252 atk Garchomp STAB EQ does less than 50% maximum on Lickilicky with that spread. Thats some serious bulkiness to be taking brutal assaults like that and shrug them straight off.

Another interesting fact is that if you go for an absolute extreme spread of 252HP/252+Def Lickilicky's defenses are exactly the same as maxhp/def Skarmory. They'll both take the exact same damage from a max adamant T-Tar Stone Edge.

More interestingly is Lickilicky's ability to learn both Amnesia and Curse as possible buffs. Just some random observations, but what it shows is Lickilicky actually has the ability to be both a physical or a special sponge.

In fact probably more of a special sponge since it at least has no weakness and one immunity on that side. Its no Blissey but at least it can launch some actually threatening offense in the form of moves like Power Whip, Gyro Ball and etc. then explode to finish.

To give you a further idea, Starmie even at its max with STAB Surf. If you get the spread right with Lickilicky then Starmie can only ever do a 4HKO (Without Leftovers) while you will completely maul it with one Power Whip.

With a max spread setup, maximum SpecsGengar gets robbed of its Shadowball and with one of its other attacks like T-Bolt can only 3HKO and maybe even 4HKO if you throw Leftovers in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)