Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Take Replay the Porygon. It must learn every move you gain access to. If you gain a TM/HM it cannot learn, it must solo your next nonmajor battle. You may teach the TM/HM to another Pokemon instead, but if you do not and it can learn it, you must teach the Machine to it.
Sorry I don't quite understand this challenge so I will have to reject it. Also, I do not accept challenges that have me waste TMs in such a way. And that's before I get to the fact that I have to grind up 9999 coins just to get Porygon, which, safe to say, I believe breaks my difficulty.

Last edited:
Okay so for people who are going to give me mons, a brief reminder:

TakatoGuil take an Ekans named Trap

Trap loves the RBY Wrap mechanics and wants to abuse them, so always have Wrap in it's move pool
However it needs to outspeed the opponent, so always have Glare as well
You may only use Wrap if something is paralyzed
Solo at least one Gym Leader only using Wrap and Glare

@TakatoGuil Take UnForgetting the Chansey. He cannot forget moves or learn TMs, giving him DoubleSlap, Pound, Growl, and Sing. He cannot attack a Pokemon unless it has a lowered stat or it is asleep.

Additionally, Kavatika just informed me that he is reserving a spot on the team, so that means I have three mons left. I have not been allocated a starter yet and thus far seven gym leaders remain solo-able.

Okay so for people who are going to give me mons, a brief reminder:

TakatoGuil take an Ekans named Trap

Trap loves the RBY Wrap mechanics and wants to abuse them, so always have Wrap in it's move pool
However it needs to outspeed the opponent, so always have Glare as well
You may only use Wrap if something is paralyzed
Solo at least one Gym Leader only using Wrap and Glare

@TakatoGuil Take UnForgetting the Chansey. He cannot forget moves or learn TMs, giving him DoubleSlap, Pound, Growl, and Sing. He cannot attack a Pokemon unless it has a lowered stat or it is asleep.

Additionally, Kavatika just informed me that he is reserving a spot on the team, so that means I have three mons left. I have not been allocated a starter yet and thus far seven gym leaders remain solo-able.
Take E-vire the Electabuzz. E-vire dreams of evolving, but unfortunately he just can't. However, he dreams to be like an electivire, and so he may only use moves that would be considered physical from gen IV onwards. However, he dreams of Electivire's good coverage, so he may learn Special moves, as long as they are not Electric- or Normal- type. He must solo a gym leader and an E4 member using a super-effective non-electric move. Good Luck!

Can you clarify a little more? You say I can only use physical moves, but then talk about special. Do you mean that I can't use any Electric/Normal type moves at all (as well as not having access to Special moves), or do you mean I can use any Physical move + Special moves that aren't Electric/Normal?

Can you clarify a little more? You say I can only use physical moves, but then talk about special. Do you mean that I can't use any Electric/Normal type moves at all (as well as not having access to Special moves), or do you mean I can use any Physical move + Special moves that aren't Electric/Normal?
What I mean is you can use Electric and Normal moves, provided they are considered physical. No restrictions on moves of other types.

I'm getting a little tired of my Diamond Nuzlocke (partially because I've encountered 9 Geodude... I stopped catching them after the 5th) so I'm interested in maybe giving this challenge a go. As I said, Diamond playthrough, preferably mid-level challenges, and I'd prefer if Pokemon that don't take the vast majority of the game to get were recommended (AKA no Riolu). Still need 5 Pokemon.

The Team So Far
Take Bomber the Turtwig. It must learn Withdraw, Razor Leaf, and Bullet Seed. Then it can evolve into Grotle. It must solo Bryon to evolve into Torterra, who must solo Candice.

Bomber the Turtwig's restrictions:
-Must learn Withdraw, Razor Leaf and Bullet Seed (evolution to Grotle)
-Must solo Bryon (evolution to Torterra)
-Must solo Candice

Last edited:
I'm getting a little tired of my Diamond Nuzlocke (partially because I've encountered 9 Geodude... I stopped catching them after the 5th) so I'm interested in maybe giving this challenge a go. As I said, Diamond playthrough, preferably mid-level challenges, and I'd prefer if Pokemon that don't take the vast majority of the game to get were recommended (AKA no Riolu).
Take Bomber the Turtwig. It must learn Withdraw, Razor Leaf, and Bullet Seed. Then it can evolve into Grotle. It must solo Bryon to evolve into Torterra, who must solo Candice.

Alright TakatoGuil, take Metroid, the Tentacool.

Metroid is a bit of a crazy Tentacool. It was exposed to many Metroid manga and video games whilst growing up, and somewhere along the line, came to believe that it too is a Metroid, acting and thinking very similarly to a Metroid. Metroid likes to drain the energy if its foes, and as such must learn Mega Drain ASAP (you should have it by the time you get Metroid). It also enjoys screeching to scare its prey before it attacks, so it must use Screech before taking down a foe once it learns it. It finds other water types to be so full of life, so it eagerly jumps on the opportunity to drain their energy. Solo 10 water types, trainer-owned or wild, to evolve into Tentacruel. It is also very aggressive, and hates turning its back on foes to have them attack and hurt him, so if he is hurt by a foe during battle, it must solo that foe without switching or running, and it will refuse any items it is given, unless of course another foe is meant to solo that mon.

To sum it up:
Must learn Mega Drain and Screech ASAP and may not forget these moves.
It must use Screech before it can kill a foe.
It must solo 10 water types to evolve.
If a foe uses a direct attack on it (any attack that deals damage), it must solo that foe without use of items. (even if you are trying to catch the mon).

Good luck with this, if you are not satisfied with my challenge, please say so, and if you need any clarification, please PM me.

I'll start a scramble of pokemon Y.
I will not have access to trading, but I will have pokebank.
I want 4 pokemon. I need 1 by the first gym, 2 by the third, 3 by the fifth, and 4 by the seventh.
Legendaries are not allowed.
I will not need any HM's covered, as I will have 2 HM slaves, nor will I put the useless HMs (cut, fly, or strength) on my pokemon. Surf and Waterfall are optional.
I want it hard, but not annoying. If a challenge is too easy, or too obnoxious, I will decline it. As far as what is annoying and what isn't, my opinion is the law. Basic guidelines are to not force grinding (solo x pokemon, use move x y times, use a move of type x y times, solo x trainers, reach rank x in battle chateau, etc.) or force time-based restrictions (wait x hours, use move x no more than once per y hours, if ___, it must wait y hours to ___, etc.).
I will beat the game, beat AZ, beat the E4 post-hall of fame, beat the rivals, and all other sigificant post-game events.

I will wait to start it until I finish my pokemon White 2 scramble or until Pokebank is released, whichever comes last.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Take a Gastly named "Horror"

Horror is the nickname of a traditionally shy Gastly, he had never actually seen a Horror Movie.
However his friends once told him about a Horror Movie called PokeSkulls

This movie is about a Kabutops being revived after being a Fossil, once it got revived it started cutting the scientists in the lab over and sucking their body fluids (yay, Pokedex entries), only a little girl and her Cleffa survived the first assault. They ran as quick as they could, but the exit door was closed, there was no way out.
The two heroes were forced to hide and tried to survive. They hided in a small closet in a big hallway near the main hall of the lab. They stayed there for days, but eventually, they heard a sound behind them, it was Kabutops who discovered where they were and they knew it was over. Kabutops cut open the lab with it's big claws, letting the dead bodies of the scientists on the ground appear. He stabbed the girl in her throat with his scythe, which caused an instant dead. The Cleffa was shocked and quickly fired off a new attack that she never used before, the dead of her best friend made the adrenaline in her learn it. It was Metronome, she waggled her finger and it became SHEER COLD, sheer cold hit the Kabutops and let it turn in a fossil again.
A bit later the fire brigade finally came in, worried about the girl and the scientists, however they were just a bit too late. Cleffa was crying for hours and at the end of the day, she committed suicide out of sorrow.

Horror was totally shocked by this movie and got a trauma about it, just by hearing about it, that's how it got the nickname.
His Shock made him unable to use any Attacking moves (still able to use a variety of moves like Curse and Mean Look so this should be doable)
Also, he could never lead the party, because of his fear of the world.
Whenever a friend of him faints, he is remembered of the movie and wants to protect it from dying, if it fails to do so (switching or fainting), the fainted Pokemon may not be used until you beat the next gym excluding necessary solos.
Afterwards, you decided he had to solo Fantina, to come over his fear, once he does this, all of his restrictions are worn off, however you only get one chance, otherwise you keep all restrictions.

GL HF and hope it isn't too hard (even though I feel it will be ;_;)
Accepted! I promise to not back out of this one.

Maybe.

Take Pyromaniac/Firestarter the Chimchar (whichever name you prefer). He is obsessed with starting the perfect fire, and so his moveset must be the the following:
  1. Start every battle with Sunny Day. Before you get the TM, just skip to step 2.
  2. Use Ember or Fire Spin to trap the foe in the flames. This can be replaced with Overheat post-game, if you want to play that far
  3. Use Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz to show the power of fire
  4. The fourth move is up to you. However, he may only use it once he has used every other move in the above order
No restrictions on evolving into Monferno, but to evolve into Infernape he must get all his moves and solo a gym leader using the above strategy. However, during the solo you may only use your fourth move once Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz has run out of PP.
Good luck; hope I haven't made it too hard :)
Accepted!

Take Bidoof the Moodylover. This Bidoof aspires to have the ability Moody. You try to tell it it can't have a new ability, but to no avail. It must know Hyper Fang, Protect, and Substitue ASAP. It must solo Fantina. After this, it may evolve into Bibarel. It must learn Surf. Once you have unlocked the move forgetter, it must forget Surf for Waterfall. Bibarel(but not Bidoof) may forget Hyper Fang for Focus Punch, Toxic, Dig, or Strength.

EDIT: Also reminding people of my X Scramble(link in sig)
Rejected, only because Snaq posted earliet than you requiring a Fantina solo. Sorry!
Get a Starly, name him Not Emo.
Not Emo isn't emo, in fact, he's very adamant!
All battles must be started with Not Emo.
Because Not Emo is, in fact, not emo, he refuses to learn the following moves:
-Steel Wing
-Frustration
-Close combat (because wynaut)
-Endure
-Air Cutter
-Ominous Wind
-Toxic
In order for Not Emo to evolve, he must solo any Gym Trainer.
Not Emo doesn't like Rock. Especially not emo rock types of stuff. Not Emo must KO at least 3 Rock-Types above level 15 in order to evolve into Staravia as well.
However, he is terrified of the dark, and is unable to battle any Dark-Types.
No Emo can evolve to Staraptor anytime.
Sorry, but...starting every single battle with the 'mon seems a bit much. Rejected, though I encourage you to edit your challenge!

I think I would like to try a ruby challenge
Rules:
-No starters whatsoever. However, I would like a pokemon with the same type as one of the starters (Ex. Shroomish instead of Treecko, Tentacool instead of squirtle, etc.)
-Evolution restrictions are fine but I would like all pokemon that are able to evolve atleast once before the 5th gym.
-I would like to try using a legendary but didnt want one too powerful, so I would like to use one of the Regi trio. I'll put it in somewhere around meteor falls (I will be hacking nessecary pokemon in so I will be able to get it before the post game and that you can use any pokemon)
-Im using an emulatior btw
-No suicidal pokemon
-No 2 pokemon that share a type (Ex. No ludicolo and no seedot on same team)
-Medium/Easy diffuculty seeing as its my first scramble

EDIT: Person who makes a regi will get to make another for me

EDIT AGAIN: I would prefer regirock but if you put another its fine

Last edited:
I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team. Therefore, I will only accept one pokemon of each type; perhaps two if they have different enough combinations
Just reminding everyone of this
Accepted scramblemons:
Emo the Oddish/Narcissus the Belossom
This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Option 1 chosen
Take Emo the Oddish. This Oddish has some serious issues. He hates himself and wants to feel pain. He first must solo Whitney to evolve into Gloom. When he evolves, he becomes even more suicidal and decides that he has to use only Poison-type moves, because he wants the poison to splash back and cause him pain. After soloing Morty, though, he realizes that causing himself pain is useless. He needs to cause Team Rocket pain. Evolve him into a Bellossom named Narcissus. Now he believes he is amazing. He must never use another Poison-type move again in order to preserve his beauty. He must solo Archer in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. He must solo the Blackthorn Gym (but not Clair; I'm not sadistic).

WHO DAT? the Wooper
Take a Wooper, name it WHO DAT?
WHO DAT? is a THUG. He must carry Water Gun at all times, or else a rival gang member could shoot his ass up.
WHO DAT? must also learn Mud Bomb ASAP. And NEVER FORGET IT.
He must carry 1 HM on his roster.
His final move must consist of either Swagger or Flash.
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY f***s with the SuperShoopers.
He must also solo ONE of Erika's Pokemon.

Solos chosen: Proton (1st battle) and Bugsy

At the moment I am looking for a Pokemon to use before the first gym (and it better not be a Ledyba!). I think I'd like to use a Beedrill, if that's ok.

Last edited:
At the moment I am looking for a Pokemon to use before the first gym (and it better not be a Ledyba!). I think I'd like to use a Beedrill, if that's ok.
CJorex, Catch a weedle. Name it Needle.

Needle is tired of its friends being eaten by birds. No Evolution restriction here. Kakuna is boring as crap so no restrictions here. For Kakuna to evolve into Beedrill it must solo Falkner. This is when things start to get interesting. With its new found power, Needle wants to defeat it's flying nemeses with their own type, so Beedrill must always know a flying-type move.
(This doesn't come into effect until it learns one.) Now that Needle has explored the world a bit, it has seen more of its bug bretheren roasted by fire types and being crushed by rock types. Needle wants revenge. As Beedrill, Needle must KO every Flying, Fire, and Rock type pokemon. Beedrill must also KO the highest level poke of Blaine and Brock if you are doing the post game. Also, how are you going to get revenge without the move Payback? Beedrill must always know the move payback. (Like before, this doesn't come into effect until Payback is learned.)

Enjoy and if you think this is too challenging/not challenging enough just say so and i'll change it.

EDIT: Alternative for falkner since its so early in the game is that you have to ko his pidgeotto

EDIT AGAIN:
Restriction rundown
-Solo Falkner to evolve into Beedrill
-Must always know flying type move and Payback
-Defeat every Flying, fire, and rock pokemon
-Solo Brock and Blaine Post game

LAST EDIT:
Hey if anyone wants to give me a pokemon for my ruby scramble feel free

Seriously my last edit:
How did I do? this is my first scramble poke

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Sorry, but...starting every single battle with the 'mon seems a bit much. Rejected, though I encourage you to edit your challenge![/quote]
Pfft can do. How about him only starting against your rival annd the first trainer per route?

Also I need more mons.

Needle is tired of its friends being eaten by birds, so for it to evolve into Kakuna it must solo Falkner. Kakuna is boring as crap so no restrictions here. To evolve into Beedrill it must defeat your rivals zubat in Azalea town. This is when things start to get interesting. With its new found power, Needle wants to defeat it's flying nemeses with their own type, so Beedrill must always know a flying-type move.
(This doesn't come into effect until it learns one.) Now that Needle has explored the world a bit, it has seen more of its bug bretheren roasted by fire types and being crushed by rock types. Needle wants revenge. As Beedrill, Needle must KO every Flying, Fire, and Rock type pokemon. Beedrill must also solo Blaine and Brock if you are doing the post game. Also, how are you going to get revenge without the move Payback? Beedrill must always know the move payback. (Like before, this doesn't come into effect until Payback is learned.)

Enjoy and if you think this is too challenging/not challenging enough just say so and i'll change it.

EDIT: Alternative for falkner since its so early in the game is that you have to ko his pidgeotto

EDIT AGAIN:
Restriction rundown
-Solo Falkner/KO Pidgeotto to evolve
-Defeat rival Zubat to evolve again

LAST EDIT:
Hey if anyone wants to give me a pokemon for my ruby scramble feel free

Seriously my last edit:
How did I do? this is my first scramble poke
I'm not sure I can do the required solos unevolved, especially the one of Zubat. If I can evolve into Beedrill beating Falkner, I'll accept. Also, I'm not sure he could solo Brock or Blaine, and does the Flying-type move have to be damaging? Because the only damaginf flying-type move he can learn is Aerial Ace, and the TM for that isn't available until after the 8th gym.

Last edited:
1) I'll change it so that it can evolve into beedril with falkner
2) How about this. He only has to defeat the highest level pokemon of both brock and blaine
3) the flying move doesn't have to be damaging

Still has to defeat that zubat as per the koing every flying type

I think I would like to try a ruby challenge
Rules:
-No starters whatsoever. However, I would like a pokemon with the same type as one of the starters (Ex. Shroomish instead of Treecko, Tentacool instead of squirtle, etc.)
-Evolution restrictions are fine but I would like all pokemon that are able to evolve atleast once before the 5th gym.
-I would like to try using a legendary but didnt want one too powerful, so I would like to use one of the Regi trio. I'll put it in somewhere around meteor falls (I will be hacking nessecary pokemon in so I will be able to get it before the post game and that you can use any pokemon)
-Im using an emulatior btw
-No suicidal pokemon
-No 2 pokemon that share a type (Ex. No ludicolo and no seedot on same team)
-Medium/Easy diffuculty seeing as its my first scramble

EDIT: Person who makes a regi will get to make another for me

EDIT AGAIN: I would prefer regirock but if you put another its fine
Take Amazing the Ralts! Amazing, knowing how weak it is, must only know Psychic-type moves. It may not evolve into Kirlia until it solos Norman, who it must solo. It cannot evolve into Gardevoir except by soloing Wallace. As Gardevoir, it may no longer have Psychic moves and must know at least 2 status moves. It must solo Sidney.

Accepted... Will make a post with all the pokes later

until then someone please give me another!

Edit: Is it possible for an earlier evolution? Norman's Pokes are in the lvl 30 range and thats when kirlia is supposed to evolve into gardevoir

Edit again: id like a bit of earlier evolution time on gardevoir too but this one isnt as nessecary

1) I'll change it so that it can evolve into beedril with falkner
2) How about this. He only has to defeat the highest level pokemon of both brock and blaine
3) the flying move doesn't have to be damaging

Still has to defeat that zubat as per the koing every flying type
Okay then I accept!

Accepted scramblemons:
Emo the Oddish/Narcissus the Belossom
This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Option 1 chosen
Take Emo the Oddish. This Oddish has some serious issues. He hates himself and wants to feel pain. He first must solo Whitney to evolve into Gloom. When he evolves, he becomes even more suicidal and decides that he has to use only Poison-type moves, because he wants the poison to splash back and cause him pain. After soloing Morty, though, he realizes that causing himself pain is useless. He needs to cause Team Rocket pain. Evolve him into a Bellossom named Narcissus. Now he believes he is amazing. He must never use another Poison-type move again in order to preserve his beauty. He must solo Archer in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. He must solo the Blackthorn Gym (but not Clair; I'm not sadistic).

WHO DAT? the Wooper
Take a Wooper, name it WHO DAT?
WHO DAT? is a THUG. He must carry Water Gun at all times, or else a rival gang member could shoot his ass up.
WHO DAT? must also learn Mud Bomb ASAP. And NEVER FORGET IT.
He must carry 1 HM on his roster.
His final move must consist of either Swagger or Flash.
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY f***s with the SuperShoopers.
He must also solo ONE of Erika's Pokemon.

Solos chosen: Proton (1st battle) and Bugsy

Needle the Weedle

Needle is tired of its friends being eaten by birds, so for it to evolve into Beedrill it must solo Falkner. This is when things start to get interesting. With its new found power, Needle wants to defeat it's flying nemeses with their own type, so Beedrill must always know a flying-type move.
(This doesn't come into effect until it learns one.) Now that Needle has explored the world a bit, it has seen more of its bug bretheren roasted by fire types and being crushed by rock types. Needle wants revenge. As Beedrill, Needle must KO every Flying, Fire, and Rock type pokemon. Beedrill must also solo Blaine and Brock's strongest Pokemon if you are doing the post game. Also, how are you going to get revenge without the move Payback? Beedrill must always know the move payback. (Like before, this doesn't come into effect until Payback is learned.)

EDIT AGAIN:
Restriction rundown
-Solo Falkner/KO Pidgeotto to evolve
-Defeat rival Zubat to evolve again

Still need 3 more Johto pokemon, as well as all 6 Kanto Pokemon. Additionally, I'd prefer it if I was given all my Johto Pokemon first, and that all the others come after the 3rd gym.

Last edited:
I'll try to solo both but if I can't then I'll just do Pigeotto. I think I can pull it off though.
Ok then,
Also I thought of a new twist.

It is only nessecary to defeat the highest level poke of Brock and Blaine. However, if Needle solos either Blaine or Brock the restriction of having to ko every fire/flying/rock type is nullified. This is purely optional, if you want a twist to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)