Pokémon Heracross

Status
Not open for further replies.
sticky web support allows it to dominate, as it ouspeeds most non scarfed attackers. He can tank hits reasonably well too.

(I'm kind of new to Smogon and this is my 1st post so bare with me)

I've been using Heracross as my Mega on a Mono Bug Team with pretty good results. (hope using a mono bug team doesn't ruin my credibility, lol) with 252+ attack it 1 or 2HKOs everything short of Glisscor (which it could 2HKO if not for Poison Heal) and it can frequently survive one non-flying SE attack if I need it to (it lives things like Greninja's Extrasensory)

One of the biggest reasons for its success though is that I included a Speed Boost Baton Passing Scolipede on my team. If Ageislash and Talonflame and maybe Sabelye or something is out of the way Mega Heracross with one or two Speed Boosts will sweep a whole team (as long as Rock Blast doesn't miss). My Scolipede doesn't even carry Swords Dance because Heracross doesn't need it. Other than Glisscor and Ageislash I haven't met a single Pokemon it can't 2HKO or better. This is a team I've been using in the actual game though so there might be a few PokeBankers that I haven't been running into (like Cofagrigus)

I guess my point is that Mega Heracross is a really REALLY good candidate for Speed Boost Baton Passes. I was reading some posts above that were speculating this and I just wanted to confirm it. Once I've passed successfully I actually haven't seen someone stop mine from sweeping outside of missing a Rock Blast.

By the way mine carries:
Rock Blast
Bullet Seed
Close Combat
Pin Missle

There have been a lot of discussion over CC vs Arm Thrust but the def drops don’t bother me if I’ve passed speed and I usually don’t keep mine in for very long if I haven’t passed speed anyway. Plus I’ve seen one too many Ferrothorn holding Rocky Helmet.

EDIT: as it's a Mono Bug team it also has Sticky Web Support which lets Mega Heracross shine without needing the Speed Boosts as well.

Last edited:
so been trying him out with a bit of a strange set and its been working oddly well. Also i want to say I use a poke to spread para on this team so he can out speed stuff to get off attacks or set up subs.
item Heracronite
244 hp
252 attack
12 speed

sub
eq
pin missile
rock blast

Now let me explain some stuff. I am pretty sure the 12 speed ev's let him out speed a neutral nature 0 speed investment rotom w in his normal form. I believe most people are running a 0 speed rotom w atm so this means u can use sub on them so they can wisp you. now I am sure people see no fighting move, I got this idea from an earlier post in this thread which pointed out it gets very good coverage without cc so I wanted to test that out.

Now about the moves I picked.

Sub is kind of obvious imo, since he is slow but has some bulk and hits like a tank it seems to me you can do some real damage getting in a sub. Also if you know he will force a switch and can get a sub up you are guaranteed to hit something very hard.

EQ: I am using this instead of cc, it hits many of the same things but one of the major seeling points for me was it can hit Aegislash very hard. from what I have seen Aegislash is a very common switch in on mega hera so being able to do real dmg to him can really move the momentum of the game in your favor.

pin missile: really not much to say here, hits harder then mega horn, its stab and works with skill link.

rock blast: I picked this over bullet seed for the last spot b/c of the very common talonflame as well as other powerful pokes with the subtype of flying such a dnite.

I am not sure if 244 hp is the best idea since it gives him an even amount of hp which iirc makes sr do more dmg then an odd amount of hp. but i need someone to confirm or deny this.

cleaned up

i kept a few discussion questions to go off of, but i wanted to get thoughts on guts vs moxie. personally, i think guts is much better, basically for this reason - there just aren't enough scenarios where heracross is going to want to do anything with moxie. his attacks are just too unreliable, especially as his item would be an unused mega stone, and if you choose to moxie close combat, then that kind of defeats the point of his good defenses the megalution takes on, especially with that lowered speed. i think that being able to switch into a will o wisp as a last desperate act is far more relevant for mega heracross. obviously, you're not hoping to use either ability.. ever, but i think that just with a higher accuracy will o wisp, and the defensive mons using them (rotom-w/gourgeist/etc) the situations where you're going to want it are bound to come up far more often. one last point against moxie: it's usefulness basically comes from being able to sweep teams when it gets going, but obviously heracross is going to be pretty slow (and the speed evs (and lack thereof) discussion is a good one to be had as well) so it's going to look to get going vs defensive teams, as offensive ones will just outspeed and revenge if they get moxied on. i just have to ask what type of defensive team wont be able to counter a pin missile/rock blast/close combat/bullet seed initially unboosted heracross in the first place? are we pretending we're going to use a set up move like bulk up or swords dance without mega evolving?
So determining the initial ability for a MegaHeracross you think guts is superior? You'll have good luck finding an opening to get burned, I'll give you that, but what happens when you go Mega? You're passing a burn to your newly evolved Pokemon. But if you take the time to get an opponent pokemon in the range of a OHKO (which is the purpose of the game, right? To kill your opponent's team) then you can sac your mon or switch to Cross to revenge kill. BOOM! Moxie boost. You're pretty much saying "hey guys! Let's burn heracross for a nice attack boost. OMG! Time to go mega. Oh no, Its taking burn damage. Oh well, still got my attack boo... Oh wait.. Whatever. Still better than passing a +1 Atk boost". Are you kidding me? I'd rather pass an attack boost than an attack drop to my mega Pokemon, thank you.

(I'm kind of new to Smogon and this is my 1st post so bare with me)

I've been using Heracross as my Mega on a Mono Bug Team with pretty good results. (hope using a mono bug team doesn't ruin my credibility, lol) with 252+ attack it 1 or 2HKOs everything short of Glisscor (which it could 2HKO if not for Poison Heal) and it can frequently survive one non-flying SE attack if I need it to (it lives things like Greninja's Extrasensory)

One of the biggest reasons for its success though is that I included a Speed Boost Baton Passing Scolipede on my team. If Ageislash and Talonflame and maybe Sabelye or something is out of the way Mega Heracross with one or two Speed Boosts will sweep a whole team (as long as Rock Blast doesn't miss). My Scolipede doesn't even carry Swords Dance because Heracross doesn't need it. Other than Glisscor and Ageislash I haven't met a single Pokemon it can't 2HKO or better. This is a team I've been using in the actual game though so there might be a few PokeBankers that I haven't been running into (like Cofagrigus)

I guess my point is that Mega Heracross is a really REALLY good candidate for Speed Boost Baton Passes. I was reading some posts above that were speculating this and I just wanted to confirm it. Once I've passed successfully I actually haven't seen someone stop mine from sweeping outside of missing a Rock Blast.

By the way mine carries:
Rock Blast
Bullet Seed
Close Combat
Pin Missle

There have been a lot of discussion over CC vs Arm Thrust but the def drops don’t bother me if I’ve passed speed and I usually don’t keep mine in for very long if I haven’t passed speed anyway. Plus I’ve seen one too many Ferrothorn holding Rocky Helmet.

EDIT: as it's a Mono Bug team it also has Sticky Web Support which lets Mega Heracross shine without needing the Speed Boosts as well.
LIKE!!!!! I love you for this! This really does bring out Mega HC potential! It takes advantage of its huge attack and great defenses, all while keeping classic Cross's sweeping ability. Very nice

Wow this thread has been dead for a bit. Maybe this will spark something, or maybe not. Anyways, I've been having a lot of success with the CroCross build posted way back in the beginning of the thread. Here's my build which I find superior to the initial build listed.

Heracross@Heracronite
Ability: Doesn't matter-Skill Link
EVs: 252 Hp / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Nature: Careful
-Rock Blast
-Bulk Up
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

First up are the EVs. It's a small change but one that comes in handy without compromising bulk in a way that makes this set less effective. 44 out speeds min speed 80's in mega form which allows you to take on most togekiss that would switch in on you. It also allows you to out speed heatran and nail him too if you've managed prior damage and enough boosts ( at +2 you do about 75-80% ). There are other minor targets for this speed like gardevoir, but I found heatran and togekiss to be two threats that really hurt his viability and are common enough to require having the leg up on their most common sets.

For the moves, I found pin missile to be a horrible mono attacking type. Seriously it was awful. Never use bug as a mono attacking type, ever. You need too many boosts to start threatening the things you set up on, and then when a flying type switches in on you which will always happen, you're not even good at chip damaging it. Way too many things have a 4x resistance that instantly threaten Hera. Rock Blast on the other hand, has been nearly perfect. It gets much better neutral coverage, but more importantly nails all of the fire and flying types in the face that take way too much advantage of you when you can't kill them on the switch. Notable pokemon that rock blast helps against that pin missile looks at and cries about:
-Talonflame
-Charizard
-Volcarona
-Togekiss
-Heatran
-Landorus-I
-Skarmory (you need a lot of boosts, but skarm won't just switch in on you fearing double close combat)
-Scizor
-Genesect (pin missile can power through this guy, but you only ever get the chance to hit this guy on the switch, so rock blasts better initial power against it is big)
-Salamence
-Dragonite

There are certainly more but I think this is enough to illustrate that rock blast is the better choice. Now a lot of these still scare out hera if they get in safely, but the point is not to let them with proper prediction or sleep talk luck. With pin missile you never even give yourself that chance. With Rock Blast you end up losing out against some steel types and ground types (most notably Aegislash / Garchomp and Excardrill) but I have found those to be a smaller number of pokemon and easier to defend against than a slew of pokemon of different offensive capabilities that create havoc with any free turn given to them. When your aim is to get 2-4 boosts in any given game that he wins for you, having a non stab move as your attack doesn't really matter in terms of raw power.

What I love about this guy is his ability to make Gliscor and Lando-T look like playthings. Acrobatics is very rare, turning two of the best swith ins for hera into set up fodder. Players don't really play around a CroCross build, instead worrying about how he is usually played with decent coverage and immense initial hitting power. Because the opponent doesn't realize how much longevity you have, you can win a good amount of free kills on the switch where a normal heracross would be too worried about the threat in front of him to choose coverage moves over stab options.

This guy is a monster no doubt, but it definitely needs a great deal of team support to work. The team I'm using him on is built around him, and he wouldn't really function otherwise.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-77920475

This is a good example of how after heatran is eliminated the opposing team can't do crap against CroCross

Last edited:
Has anyone considered a Focus Punch set? Subpunching has been kind of dead but this thing might be able to pull it off as I imagine it forces quite a few switches and Focus Punches coming from it would be like mini-nukes. It's possible that Close Combat might be a better choice for high risk high reward bombing in case you need to tank without a sub, but that depends on what situations this guy normally gets itself into. I imagine it's more afraid of getting OHKO'd or burned most of the time. If that's the case, sub blocks burn and eases prediction when the opponent switches in a counter.

Jayd: I think you mention the move that makes subpunching not the best choice for Hera. Close combat. It already has a crazy high base power and doesn't need a substitute to work. I'd rather just run substitute and close combat because you'll run into enough situations where you can't sub up but need your strongest attack.

Does anyone else think Heracross isn't getting enough credit?

Here's my story. I've stopped playing Pokemon at the start of generation five and I just came back to see if I could still play. I'm doing pretty decent, just now figuring out all the new aspects to the game, but the most notable part so far was Mega-Heracross. I was building a team and I knew a mega was required (I did buy Pokemon Y on release, I just haven't been playing competitive), so I looked through the list, and I assumed Heracross was not banned while a bunch of the others were. It was just a random pick.

Mega-Heracross is the definition of a stall breaker. Skill Link allows it to break all subs, and it also gives it a 125 power grass move, a 125 power rock move, a 125 power bug move, and then set up moves of course, including Bulk Up and Swords Dance. The set I've been using was Pin Missile, Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, and Close Combat, and it's unstoppable with the right support. It's easy to come in on, say, Tyranitar, and then use a move that you expect to hit the switch-in super effectively and get a free kill. Rotom-W seems to be many people's answer to this thing, and obviously, it won't survive long enough to use Will-O-Wisp.

Some things give it trouble, of course.

~Will-O-Wisp
~Birds
~Powerful, speedy Pokemon like specs Espeon
~Incredibly high defense walls

This is why Heatran is the ultimate friend. Will-O-Wisp gives it a boost, and it walls birds and other threats, and it also uses the special spectrum of attacking. The two have good type synergy:

Heatran resists:
Flying, Fire, Fairy, Psychic

Heracross resists:
Ground, Fighting

The two make a great offensive core, methinks, and it doesn't get enough appreciation. Both are bulky enough to survive without choice, which I like a lot, and together, they seem to stop all threats. Bulky waters aren't as prominent any more. Rotom-W is the only water that gets any attention these days, and all it takes is a bullet seed to kill it.

I've just rambled on about how great Heracross is, but the topic that gets brought up more is that Lucario is better than Heracross.

I don't even think that's true.

Lucario has four-slot syndrome. It can only afford to have one priority move most of the time, some set up move, and two other moves for diversity. One on one, Heracross kills Lucario, without a doubt. Heracross kills Lucario in one hit. Lucario has priority and a bigger moveset, but who cares? Talonflame usually ends up killing it anyway, and if not that, something else.

Talonflame kills Heracross, too. Obviously. However, with Heatran by its side, Talonflame is a joke, and can't deal with Stealth Rock. What partner does Lucario have that protects it from just about everything?

This post is a lot of rambling, and has a lot of opinions that likely none of you agree with. Here's my questions:

~Can you judge a Pokemon based on how good it is when used along with another specific Pokemon?
~Can one base the effectiveness of a Pokemon on one role vs. another Pokemon's multiple roles?
~What Pokemon works well with Lucario?
~What do you guys think is better, Lucario or Heracross?

I understand than no Pokemon can be 'better' with no exceptions, but I mean this generally, as in, Lanturn to Rotom-W.

Lucario is "better" in the sense that it requires little to no team support to be a top threat. It's speed and ability, with equally valid mixed offenses both with boosting abilities and high BP moves means it is incredibly dangerous by itself. Its technically a safer and easier pick than Heracross.

That said, with certain support, which Heracross does need, it is simply devastating, with the raw power to 2HKO almost the entire game with only its attack stat. Let me just say however, that when saved for later and passed a Shell Smash from Gorebyss (which I've been doing), absolutely everything is OHKO. No contest. It's just mayhem.

There's been one mention of Choice Band, and it was comparing it to the power of Mega Heracross... Well, I've been running Choice Band Heracross, and this is all I have to say:
252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 181-216 (52.6 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but if Burn:
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 271-321 (78.7 - 93.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
It can almost OHKO the best Physical Wall in the UU Tier. It is honestly such a great Pokemon, but it is so overlooked, or if you choose Moxie, it gives the same boost as Guts after a kill. Oh, and:
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 434-512 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arcanine: 378-445 (117.7 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 430-507 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 680-802 (168.3 - 198.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 402-474 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic: 394-465 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 636-750 (161.4 - 190.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 463-546 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 451-532 (117.4 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 306-360 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 303-357 (72.1 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 322-380 (89.4 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aromatisse: 308-363 (75.8 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (
4 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heracross: 212-252 (70.4 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage)
If it gets burned, say gg, it will sweep you if you play incorrectly / have a Flying-type lol. Seriously, with Sticky Web though, this thing is nearly unstoppable.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do remember that this is the OU subforum, so discussion based on Heracross should still be primarily geared towards Heracross in the OU metagame. If you want to discuss its roles in UU, feel free to do so in the XY UU Beta thread which can be found in the Other Metagames subforum.

Some discussion on it in UU doesn't hurt though, and I won't delete any current posts in the thread for it because none are bad. Just a heads up.

On Heracross itself, my issue with Choice Band sets in OU is that despite how powerful Heracross really is, its relatively low Speed holds it back a lot. Almost all of the offensive threats in OU outspeed it, and the ones that don't generally have the bulk to tank a hit and either KO or 2HKO in return. Flying priority is a very real thing in OU as well, with both Mega Pinsir and Talonflame seeing tons of usage in the tier, though they do both naturally outspeed Choice Band sets.

Mega Heracross is really devastating for stall though. Having a 125 and 120 BP STAB as well as two 125 BP coverage moves that hit can break and hit through Substitute and Sturdy is really, really impressive, and even things like physically defensive Hippowdon cannot really hope to go toe-to-toe with it. Of course, it can always drop a coverage move and run Swords Dance or Bulk Up instead, so that's yet another thing that defensive teams have to look out for.

Edit: oh shit I'm so used to using this thing in UU that I totally forgot about Aegislash. It's good to run EQ or Knock Off for that as well. :U

Do remember that this is the OU subforum, so discussion based on Heracross should still be primarily geared towards Heracross in the OU metagame. If you want to discuss its roles in UU, feel free to do so in the XY UU Beta thread which can be found in the Other Metagames subforum.

Some discussion on it in UU doesn't hurt though, and I won't delete any current posts in the thread for it because none are bad. Just a heads up.

On Heracross itself, my issue with Choice Band sets in OU is that despite how powerful Heracross really is, its relatively low Speed holds it back a lot. Almost all of the offensive threats in OU outspeed it, and the ones that don't generally have the bulk to tank a hit and either KO or 2HKO in return. Flying priority is a very real thing in OU as well, with both Mega Pinsir and Talonflame seeing tons of usage in the tier, though they do both naturally outspeed Choice Band sets.

Mega Heracross is really devastating for stall though. Having a 125 and 120 BP STAB as well as two 125 BP coverage moves that hit can break and hit through Substitute and Sturdy is really, really impressive, and even things like physically defensive Hippowdon cannot really hope to go toe-to-toe with it. Of course, it can always drop a coverage move and run Swords Dance or Bulk Up instead, so that's yet another thing that defensive teams have to look out for.

Edit: oh shit I'm so used to using this thing in UU that I totally forgot about Aegislash. It's good to run EQ or Knock Off for that as well. :U
Oops, yeah, kinda got carried away. Well:
252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 586-690 (223.6 - 263.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 238-282 (90.8 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

the standard mixed set no longer walls it~

The problem with Sticky Web support on Heracross is that the type that gives it most trouble, Flying, is uneffected by it. And given that there are so many levitators that are popular this gen, Sticky Web in general isn't very good. I think it's best used as a BP reciever.

I personally still prefer scarfed moxie heracross. If either form does make it to OU, finding a way around Talonflame will be it's biggest problem. The mega is cool and scary if you've killed all its counters but then, so are most pokes. If I'm limited to just 1 mega evo, I can't see myself opting for this one in OU. In the lower tiers, it could be a terror with that attack.

Uh just so you know Pin Missile is stronger than Close Combat and is better to spam against non resistant opposition to not needlessly accrue defense drops, which really helps had your opponent had any priority moves.
Yea I know I just forgot about it when making heracross, by accident.

I honestly have pretty good opinions on Megacross. It's my second favourite mega, behind CharY.

It has great defenses, offenses, and movepool.

Its major weakness is its massive Talonflame vulnerability and incredibly mediocre speed.

That's the problem with Hera. It's not the kind of thing that you slap onto a team and consider it done. It needs to be slotted in carefully. But when you do, oh god, is it terrifying.

Anyway. Trick Room, despite my love of it, doesn't really work that well in gen 6 OU, unfortunately. (It really needs an item to extend its length so it can flip OU on its head.) What has been working surprisingly well is what I've been referring to as Fast Passing. It's basically the idea of accruing a couple of boosts and passing them by having 1-2 Baton Pass mons on your team. It probably sounds stupid, but it works surprisingly well, given that you have a pokemon that can pull it off efficiently.

The pokemon I've been using on my other team for Fast Passing is Espeon (Calm Mind/Baton Pass/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam). Basically, it switches in on a status/hazard move, bounces it, and then calm minds on the predicted enemy switch. After that, it either continues boosting, passes straight to my Mega Charizard Y or Manaphy, or head-on attacks, depending on the situation.

Scolipede is working fantastically on this team. Because it gets a free +1 Speed every turn, it has plenty of time to do whatever it wants to do, whether attacking, Protecting, etc.

So, yeah. It may not be the most viable pokemon, but Megacross is proving to be pretty fun!

Poor Mega Heracross... He's completely annihilated by Talonflame, due to being 4x weak to Brave Bird AND Brave Bird having priority with Talonflame (that seems a tad overpowered, but whatever). Even Mega Pinsir can destroy the Cross with Aelirate Return. Like Mecawallace said, Trick Room is the only way to make sure Mega Pinsir doesn't rape Mega Cross, but there is just pretty much no way to get past Talonflame. Mega Heracross will undoubtedly be sent to the same tier as his un-mega. However, the ability to muscle past Chansey and Blissey and a more usable attack stat than Mega Mewtwo X is pretty nice. Hell, with some luck and prediction, you might be able to nail some 'mon in the Ubers when they switch in to him, like nailing Dialga, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and some Lugia variants.

Poor Mega Heracross... He's completely annihilated by Talonflame, due to being 4x weak to Brave Bird AND Brave Bird having priority with Talonflame (that seems a tad overpowered, but whatever). Even Mega Pinsir can destroy the Cross with Aelirate Return. Like Mecawallace said, Trick Room is the only way to make sure Mega Pinsir doesn't rape Mega Cross, but there is just pretty much no way to get past Talonflame.
Talonflame is a pretty big threat to a lot of things. This includes Mega Pinsir. 4x flying weakness is not that enourmous a liability when Talonflame can OHKO tons of stuff that are neutral to flying anyway.

Mega Heracross will undoubtedly be sent to the same tier as his un-mega. However, the ability to muscle past Chansey and Blissey and a more usable attack stat than Mega Mewtwo X is pretty nice. Hell, with some luck and prediction, you might be able to nail some 'mon in the Ubers when they switch in to him, like nailing Dialga, Darkrai, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and some Lugia variants.
Mega Heracross is BL right now. It was too stronk for UU.

And a physical fighting type getting past the blobs isn't that impressive.

I really like mega heracross then you see you opponent has a talonflame or a poke you sense is scarfed thats flying type and you feel a tear arrive. I tryed playing a poke like galvantula with sticky web or a poke with trick room to speed him up and a heatran to block off his fire/ flying weakness's but still the hope for a ban of talonflame probably won't happen for a long time just the hope for no priority fire moves :pirate:

One thing about Mega Heracross that seems to have been overlooked is its ability to completely dismantle the ever popular Deosharp core. It does this by being the only pokemon in the metagame guaranteed to OHKO Deoxys-D without any setup. The only other pokemon that come close are Choice Band Tyranitar and Bisharp itself but unlike them, a Pin Missile from Adamant Mega Heracross will always OHKO Deo-D even if the Deo-D is running 252/252+ for some reason.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 291-346 (95.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 400-480 (131.5 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D: 310-370 (101.9 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And Red Card isn't a problem either because multi-hit moves don't get effected by Red Card until after all 5 hits are finished, never during.

Always OHKOs = Red Card doesn't activate = Deo-D never gets up more than 1 layer of hazards

And Bisharp gets rekt by Close Combat but that goes without saying really.

Heracross also resists Dark and has solid 80/115 physical bulk so he does not fear Sucker Punch and as a Mega certainly does not fear a weak Knock Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)