[BoB Round 1] Elevator Music vs. Pwnemon

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay I'm going to clean up the posts before this and post a final ruling.

In this situation, Pwnemon's Kitsunoh KOes Emma Togekiss, and is subsequently KOed by the Future Sight combo as the action is reffed to conclusion as per the results of this voting thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/last-action-of-a-match.3485056/)

This results in a draw situation.

As per the implementation thread (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...e-protect-is-dead.3462105/page-2#post-4741320), "whoever deliberately KOs themselves either by energy depletion or using a move that reduces the user's HP to 0 loses."

However, Pwnemon does not activate this form of self-KO clause, and thus, following the extension of that ruling, "otherwise follow the in-game standard."

In in-game, a battle ends immediately upon resolution of the damage step of the attack, recoil is incurred, rough skin etc, but not any subsequent effects such as Life Orb, Toxic, or Future Sight.

Therefore, Pwnemon is the winner.

With respect to deadfox's concern over Objection's "ability to extend the ruling to following in-game precedent, despite this not being voted on by the council," the council's ruling being narrower in scope, I am deeming this concern invalid to the result of the match for the following reason.

ASB has historically always followed in-game precedent where a given rule is not stated. In the case of Objection's implementation, I am deeming that he posted the decided upon ruling as voted by the council, and simply added on the ASB standard ruling of otherwise deferring to in-game precedent for clarity of the given situation. As he did not alter of implement a ruling of his own accord, and simply stuck with council ruling and ASB precedent, I deem it valid.

Hopefully this resolves any concerns over the ending of this match, if you still have issues feel free to bitch at me over IRC or forum PM.

Pwnemon advances to round 2.

Elevator Music
AXX

26/300: 8.7%

Togekissu (F)
@
Shiny Stone
HP: 26
EN: 28
Spe: 80
1 / 4 / 56 / 4
SC 3 / WC 3
Hustle, Serene Grace, Super Luck

VS.

Pwnemon
XAX

25/310: 8.1%
Ominous Future sight (1a)

Newman (M)
@
Rare Candy
HP: 25
EN: 68
Spe: 127 [+19]
45 / 3 / 1 / 3
SC 3 / WC 4
Frisk, Limber, Cursed Body

So both Pokemon take the hit of powerful combinations, Newman's even rendering Togekissu's protective shield. At the wash up of the action, the round and the match it looks like neither trainer has a standing Pokemon yet somehow apparently Pwnemon wins.

Elevator Music
XXX

0/300: 0%

Togekissu (F)
@
Shiny Stone
HP: 0
EN: 21
Spe: 80
1 / 4 / 56 / 4
SC 3 / WC 3
Hustle, Serene Grace, Super Luck

VS.

Pwnemon
XXX

0/310: 0%

Newman (M)
@
Rare Candy
HP: -7
EN: 27
Spe: 127 [+19]
45 / 3 / 1 / 3
SC 3 / WC 4
Frisk, Limber, Cursed Body

Action 1

Togekissu used Protect
Togekissu is protecting itself from incoming attacks!
[7 EN]

Newman used Really Phantomy Force
CRIT [<=63] 626/1000: NO
It broke through Togekissu's attack!
(9*2.25 + 3 + 1 + (5-4)*1.5) = 25.75
[25.75 DMG] [41 EN]
Togekissu was KOed!

Newman was hit by the Ominous Future Sight!
CRIT [<=63] 990/1000: NO
(18 + (5-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 31.5
[31.5 DMG]
Newman was KOed!

Prizes

Elevator Music
15 CC
Togekissu the Togekiss: 3 KO
Bariyaado the Mr. Mime: 3 MC

Pwnemon
2 CC
Rodney the Gallade: 3 MC, 1 KO
Newman the Kitsunoh: 3 MC, 1 KO
Doug the Cyclohm: 3 MC, 1 KO

deadfox081
10 UC​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)