Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HP Bug mysteriously turned into HP Dragon when I used it on my Wailord.
This will happen if you alter your iv's. If you changed your iv's to 31/31/31/31/31/31 as opposed to what showdown automatically recommends, then you will get hp dragon instead of the intended hp.

This will happen if you alter your iv's. If you changed your iv's to 31/31/31/31/31/31 as opposed to what showdown automatically recommends, then you will get hp dragon instead of the intended hp.
I'm pretty sure all-31 is HP Dark (since that's what the PO teambuilder says when you haven't set the IVs yet). What most likely happened is, he tried modifying the Attack IVs to 0 to minimize Foul Play/confusion damage.
The teambuilder keeps saying it has the right HP, and you only realize it's wrong when you get into a battle. Could there be a way to make that more user-friendly? As in, if the recommended spread gives you a -Atk nature, it also automatically sets your IVs to 2 if you have Hidden Power or 0 otherwise. Or at the very least have the Hidden Power change in the teambuilder, I dunno...

My opponent turned the timer on (I'm not sure if it was before or after I picked my move), and then waited until the very last second to choose his move. No timer warnings appeared during this time. Then, immediately after the turn finished, all the timer warnings appeared at the same time and I lost due to inactivity. I have the replay, but it probably won't be much help because you can't see the timing.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-108321819

EDIT: actually, I think I might just be lagging really, really badly. Is there any way to prevent loss due to inactivity in this case? I suspect not, which sucks.

Last edited:

Attack Order

My opponent turned the timer on (I'm not sure if it was before or after I picked my move), and then waited until the very last second to choose his move. No timer warnings appeared during this time. Then, immediately after the turn finished, all the timer warnings appeared at the same time and I lost due to inactivity. I have the replay, but it probably won't be much help because you can't see the timing.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-108321819

EDIT: actually, I think I might just be lagging really, really badly. Is there any way to prevent loss due to inactivity in this case? I suspect not, which sucks.
You can't prevent losses due to inactivity if you lag really bad, sorry. :/ However, if someone is time-stalling you, you can PM a staff member in the Pokemon Showdown Lobby and they will kick the user.

The critical rates in PokémonShowdown have not been adapted properly.
There is a new table of crit rates in Pokémon XY that enables any regular damaging move to be always a critical hit whenever the user has a +3 crit boost overall. This does not work properly in the simulator. I don't know if the reason is that they keep the critical rates from BW, or that they have tried to adapt the new ones but it is not correctly programmed. Please try to fix this, I would be so pleased.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The critical rates in PokémonShowdown have not been adapted properly.
There is a new table of crit rates in Pokémon XY that enables any regular damaging move to be always a critical hit whenever the user has a +3 crit boost overall. This does not work properly in the simulator. I don't know if the reason is that they keep the critical rates from BW, or that they have tried to adapt the new ones but it is not correctly programmed. Please try to fix this, I would be so pleased.
Focus Energy + Scope Lens, which has a +3 crit boost, has a 100% chance to crit in the sim. Don't believe me? Test it.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mkprojeckt do you have any replays where this is happening? I'm pretty sure they are correct because scope lens and focus energy kingdra got really popular for a while.

It seems if you click the "Instant Replay" button, and then try and exit out of the battle, it gives you the option to forfeit. I'm not sure if forfeiting in this way lowers your rank or not, but I'm not going to try lol.

for some reason when i play showdown, during each turn its like all of the battle animations try to load at once it seems, like my and my opponents pokemon will lunge at each other at the same time and the damage will be dealt all in the period of like half a second, and sometimes when my pokemon faints its 'sprite' or i guess model will stay on my screen while a send another out. this has been happening for a few days now. ive asked some of my opponents and theyve said that nothing is unusual on their end. is this a known bug? is there anything that can be done about it?

Hitting the skip to last turn button in a battle will just freeze the entire page, its happened for a while so i wanted to tell you if you guys didnt know about it.

Last edited:

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
First move of this battle: Rotom steals Genesect's Burn Drive. Outside sources agree that a Genesect's drive is irremovably bound to Genesect, so Trick should have failed. Instead, we ended up with Rotom Frost @Burn Drive VS Genesect-Burn @Choice Scarf.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomdoublesbattle-109435238
Fury Cutter seems to only be 20 base power, although it should be 40 base power:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109461478

I used X-Scissor on turn 1 as the control, to easily compare Fury Cutter with. (With technician, it should be 60 base power with its initial hit.) The Scyther has no EVs and is Technician. The Pinsir is max HP/Def.
These are both fixed and will be live after the next server restart.
for some reason when i play showdown, during each turn its like all of the battle animations try to load at once it seems, like my and my opponents pokemon will lunge at each other at the same time and the damage will be dealt all in the period of like half a second, and sometimes when my pokemon faints its 'sprite' or i guess model will stay on my screen while a send another out. this has been happening for a few days now. ive asked some of my opponents and theyve said that nothing is unusual on their end. is this a known bug? is there anything that can be done about it?
Have you checked to see if your browser is updated to the latest version? I would also try making a backup of your teams and clearing your cookies & cache.

okay, I was using a magician Delphox with no item. I used mystical fire on a simple bibarel, and I stole its chesto berry. we both switch out and later I end up using switcheroo on it. The item duplicated and we both had a chestoberry.

Im cant seem to duplicate it. but so far using trick or switcheroo on a pokemon with no item, while you have one doesnt cause a duplication. nor does using trick/switcheroo on a pokemon with an item while you don't have one. But it causes some display glitches and it says both pokemon have the item but only one does.

So far I have it isolated to either you have to have stolen the item with a magician and used switcheroo on the same pokemon, or the item has to be a consumable and use switcheroo on the same pokemon, or you have to have both stolen the item with magician and used switcheroo on the same pokemon

Last edited:
On Pokemon Showdown, Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are not banned. Unless I didn't receive the memo of those abilities being unbanned, this needs to be addressed. I have no replays for you as I basically used 1-mon teams of Mamoswine and Garchomp (that had Snow Cloak and Sand Veil respectively) and forfeited on Turn 1 both times.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On Pokemon Showdown, Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are not banned. Unless I didn't receive the memo of those abilities being unbanned, this needs to be addressed. I have no replays for you as I basically used 1-mon teams of Mamoswine and Garchomp (that had Snow Cloak and Sand Veil respectively) and forfeited on Turn 1 both times.
They are allowed now now.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
These were unbanned in the generation shift, and have not been rebanned. Chances of them being rebanned are fairly minimal with the changes to overall weather.

In double battles, the message "You might be trapped" that displays when fighting a Pokemon with Arena Trap or Shadow Tag, only displays for the Pokemon whose move you select second.

Knock Off + Sticky Web should be illegal on Leavanny. Only Sewaddle learns Sticky Web whereas Knock Off is a Gen V tutor move for Leavanny only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)