Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Shit: Thunderstorm Fusion Bolt Edition. Now with 100% less infractions!

-Heatran using Earth Power on M-Pinsir.
Expecting the switch? Oh yeah earthquake
-Armaldo.
I've heard that its pretty decent in NU
-Foul Play+Pain Split M-Mawile. Because fuck base 105 attack and Huge Power, that's why.
Yeah! Because actual sets are too mainstream (Also, someone said AncientPower was good on Mawile. Uhhh huuuh)
-Zapdos using Toxic on a Bisharp. At least it avoided Sucker Punch. Which isn't even a 2HKO here.
Stalling out Sucker Punch? But then Knock Off...
-Flame Charge Heatran.
Not quoting the meme...
-Frisk Dusclops. Also, Dusclops in OU.
WHY
-Blissey using Toxic on Espeon.
Would of been funnier if it hit and Synchornise activated
-Defensive Staraptor with Defog, Roost, and Feather Dance. And no Intimidate.
God I hate Featherdance Staraptor in the Battle Maison...
-Quick Attack Weavile. Um...
Ice Shard is too mainstream?
-Giga Drain Gengar. At least it wasn't Drain Punch.
At least it wasn't Focus Punch
-Blissey using Counter... on Ferrothorn.
Would of been funnier if it had a Sash. CounterBliss 2Op
-A -2 (after Psycho Boost) Deoxys-S trying to finish off Rotom-W with Flash Cannon.
Newsflash, Flash Cannon sucks on Deoxys
-How not to deal with Shedinja: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132397667
-Level 100 FEAR Rattata. That's now how it works.
It is?
-Rock Wrecker Rhyperior.
Hyper Beam Slaking. Beat that
-Y-zard using Solarbeam right after Tyranitar came in.
Charizard is absorbing li- oh he's dead.
-Aerial Ace Zapdos. Sure caught that Chesnaught by surprise.
Heat Wave?
-QUICK FEET Jolteon using Thunder Wave on said Zapdos. It also had Iron Tail.
Only Pikachu can run Iron Tail!
-Non-Sturdy Skarmory switching in on said Jolteon. And eating a Thunderbolt.
Weak Armor too stronk.
-Meowstic-F.
So it's Alakazam before gen 5?
-Torrent Greninja #42656184.
No comment
-Breloom using Spore on Ferrothorn.
Would of been funnier if the Ferro used Leech Se-
-Said Ferrothorn using Leech Seed on said Breloom.
Son of a bitch
-Meowstic-M tricking an Armor Fossil onto an Espeon.
Prankster OP pls nerf
-M-Blastoise using Focus Punch without subbing. And even if it had subbed, it was up against a +2 Cloyster.
WHY
-Machamp doing the exact same thing.
"Facepalm"
-Sceptile using Dragon Pulse... on Whimsicott.
What is Fairy
comments in Bold
Yeah baby

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132410702 there are too many things to list here.
Not for me.
Iron Defense Bisharp
Mixed 4 attacks Quagsire
Setting up on said Quagsire (although it may have been Water Absorb, for all I know)
Breloom using Spore ON ANOTHER BRELOOM THAT WAS ALREADY POISONED
Acrobatics Talonflame doing all of 22% to M-Houndoom
Said M-Houndoom having Hyper Voice. Gotta get past those subs
It then setting up NP when it was about to die
Abomasnow without weather
Abomasnow using special moves, and Avalanche, on Blissey
Leavanny and Braviary in OU, although we don't see them

Edit:
comments in Bold
Yeah baby
Typo on the FEAR Rattata one, it's supposed to be "not how it works". Except it actually did, oddly enough. But that's only because it was against the Rock Wrecker Rhyperior that's right after it.

Comments in bold.
Air Slash on Mega Charizard Y
Fire/grass/fighting is almost perfect coverage.
I use Fireblast over flamethrower for maximum firepower but:
-Fireblast has low pp.
-Fireblast has a shaky accuracy.
-Many try to stall my sun or use hasards to prevent me from switching.

The choice is between dragon pulse and air slash and both give perfect coverage while neutral air slash is stronger than neutral dragon pulse.
-Most dragons bar Dnite will outspeed and murder me anyway. Salamence is always scarfed nowadays.I guess charX can be reason enough.
-Once sun is out flying/fighting is better coverage for my team. (Azu covers physical dragons and greninja checks faster ones).
-Reliable stab against rain teams.
-The chance to flinch can actually save you in some games.

So yeah, It may change it as my team evolves, but it's not that obvious imo.

Last edited:
That Guy Who Replied said:
Typo on the FEAR Rattata one, it's supposed to be "not how it works". Except it actually did, oddly enough. But that's only because it was against the Rock Wrecker Rhyperior that's right after it.
yeah I know, I just couldn't think of anything funny besides "New Meta"
Stuff About Air Slash
Are you trying to defend Air Slash or just explain why it sucks? The post seems a little... All over the place.
Oh, and Air Slash is pretty much useless on ZardY
As in, don't use it.
Ever.
Edit: thanks Mobile device for not letting me notice I deletec part of the quote "Facepalm"

Last edited:
This thread needs an FAQ.

Foul Play on Mawile is not stupid because the Huge Power bonus also applies to Foul Play. M-Mawile has a base attack of 105, which is good but certainly not world-beating.

This comes up regular as clockwork.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Foul Play on Mawile is not stupid because the Huge Power bonus also applies to Foul Play. M-Mawile has a base attack of 105, which is good but certainly not world-beating.

It's stupid when you can be using your own attack stat (read: THE HIGHEST IN THE FUCKING GAME) to murder your opponent with STAB attacks.

I didn't because you said Murkrow was viable, which is fucking stupid and not true.
Just ivalding your arguments against Murkrow:
1. Not Bulky:
252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 115-136 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 136-162 (44.7 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Murkrow: 115-136 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Conclusion: Murkrow is bulkier than a similar invested Sableye, which means that althought it is not very bulky, it is bulky enought for a Prankster user.

2. It has nothing of value over other Pranksters
It has viable recovery (Roost).
Unlike the other Pranksters with viable recovery bar Sableye, Murkrow has a decent defensive typing.
Murkrow can actually resist moves, unlike Sableye, which gives it more switch in possibilities.
Prankster Haze can stop set up sweepers that achieved too many boosts, this might flip a battle.
Murkrow can fit on lots of teams given the right moves.
Conclusion: there are enought reasons why Murkrow can be used over other Prankster users.

3. Massive set up bait Bisharp, can't be threaten by Murkrow.
Set up bait for Bisharp? Are you even trying? A pokemon with prankster Taunt, a move which prevents the use of Status Moves like Swords Dance is a set up bait.
Also, 0 SpA Murkrow Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 160-190 (58.8 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4. Not Ranked on Viability Ranking thread, no analysis.
Not having an Analysis dosen't mean anything, it is important to look if the pokemon is rejected from having an analysis. Murkrow didn't get rejected.

Karxrida

Read what I wrote again and realise why what you just said is wrong.
I read what you said. It's still stupid.

EDIT: Fine then PlatypusPrincess, go nominate it on the Viability Thread and see what happens.
EDIT 2: Before you call me out for not having any legitimate retort, I'm typing on a fucking iPod and can't be asked to write up a wall of text using this thing.

Last edited:

Are you seriously defending foul play on mawile? Sure, Foul Play uses twice the opponent's attack stat against them because of Huge Power, but why use Foul Play on a potentially low attack stat when you can be using Sucker Punch or Knock Off on your equivalent of a fully invested BASE 260 ATTACK after huge power(don't quote me on that) which then equates to a grand total of 678 ATTACK?

Are you seriously defending foul play on mawile? Sure, Foul Play uses twice the opponent's attack stat against them because of Huge Power, but why use Foul Play on a potentially low attack stat when you can be using Sucker Punch or Knock Off on your equivalent of a fully invested BASE 260 ATTACK(don't quote me on that) which equates to a grand total of 678 ATTACK?
This type of Mawile is physdef, so it will try to wall physical threats: Let's say he goes vs. Aegislash ( SD variant )
If 856 Atk is horrible to you...

Karxrida

This type of Mawile is physdef, so it will try to wall physical threats: Let's say he goes vs. Aegislash ( SD variant )
How many Aegislash run SD again in a serious setting? Next to none because SD is shit and Stance Dance is a late game cleaner.

A few things wrong with that.
  1. SD Aegislash is a thing of the past.
  2. That's incredibly situational.
  3. Aegislash already loses to Mega Mawile.
  • 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 204-242 (62.9 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 136-162 (41.9 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 170-200 (52.4 - 61.7%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mega Mawile doesn't even need attack investment to 2HKO Aegislash. On the other hand:
  • 252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 166-196 (54.6 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 51-61 (16.7 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO
Sure, a standard aegislash 2HKOs with Shadow Ball, but a standard Aegislash should be running Quiet and 0 speed IVs unless they're autotomize variants. And Mega Mawile only needs 16 speed evs to outspeed quiet aegislash with 31 speed ivs(because some people will forget to change that), and if they're running 0 Speed IV aegislash, mega mawile already outspeeds.

Are you seriously defending foul play on mawile? Sure, Foul Play uses twice the opponent's attack stat against them because of Huge Power, but why use Foul Play on a potentially low attack stat when you can be using Sucker Punch or Knock Off on your equivalent of a fully invested BASE 260 ATTACK after huge power(don't quote me on that) which then equates to a grand total of 678 ATTACK?
Because you could be using it on an opponent whose base attack is even higher than Mawile's pre-Huge Power boost, which then still gets the Huge Attack boost. The result is an attack that is even higher than 678.

This allows you to build a defensive M-Mawile and then use it on physical threats.

I don't use it myself, but it's perfectly legitimate. It's certainly not "silly".

Because you could be using it on an opponent whose base attack is even higher than Mawile's pre-Huge Power boost, which then still gets the Huge Attack boost. The result is an attack that is even higher than 678.

This allows you to build a defensive M-Mawile and then use it on physical threats.

I don't use it myself, but it's perfectly legitimate. It's certainly not "silly".
Except that's still incredibly situational, because most of the things that have a base attack higher than 105 would be hit harder by a play rough or coverage attacks. Here's a list of OU mons that have higher than base 105 attack.
Aegislash -- Foul Play would hit blade harder, but any dark type attack would OHKO aegislash-blade. On the other hand, Knock Off or Sucker Punch would do more to shield than Foul Play.
Bisharp -- Play Rough or Focus Punch hits harder.
Breloom -- Play Rough hits harder
Charizard X -- Foul Play would be effective here, but it'd lose to it anyway.
Conkeldurr -- Play Rough hits harder
Dragonite -- Play Rough hits harder UNLESS its a +3 DDnite, which would KO you anyway
Excadrill -- Foul Play works here, but Focus Punch also OHKOs, and Fire Fang is an option
Garchomp -- Play Rough hits harder
Gyarados -- Foul Play hits harder only because of intimidate
Mega Gyarados -- Play Rough hits harder.
Kyurem-B -- Play Rough hits harder.
Landorus -- Play Rough hits harder
Landorus-T -- Foul Play hits harder only because of intimidate.
Mamoswine -- Iron Head(lol) or Focus Punch would hit harder.
Pinsir(-Mega) -- Play Rough would hit harder unless +2, which you would lose to anyway.
Terrakion -- Iron Head, Play Rough, or Focus Punch would hit harder
Thundurus -- Play Rough would hit harder.
Scizor -- Foul Play would work here, but Fire Fang hits this much harder.
Tyranitar -- Play Rough would hit harder

Last edited:
Getting this thread back on topic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132486871
Let's see here:
Ninetales and Politoed on the same team
Politoed without rain and using Surf in the sun
Energy Ball Ninetales
Rocky Helmet Arcanine
Mixed Arcanine
Arcanine in OU in the first place
Forfeiting after Hypnosis is blocked by Substitute
And that's just the stuff we see.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132485385
Drain Punch Deoxys-D is a new one
Lapras
Flash Cannon+Giga Drain+Energy Ball+Endeavor Ferrothorn
Blaze Kick Lucario
Lucario in OU (I'm sorry, it's just not good enough anymore)
Shadow Ball M-Absol (Thunderbolt is okay, though, but why no physical attacks?)
Sacred Sword Keldeo
Leavanny
Heat Wave+Aerial Ace+Dragon Pulse X-zard
X-zard using Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir
Hypnosis+Dream Eater Gardevoir (that combo is so overrated)
Torrent Greninja (yes, another one)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-132482916
This one's not as bad, but:
Grass Whistle Leafeon
Leafeon in OU
Flame Charge Ninetales (gotta go fast)
Noctowl
Sleep Clause fail
Calm Mind Sableye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)