steam summer sale

i'm going to be making some money this summer and will be able to buy some gamesss

but don't know what i want from the summer sale. what are you guys getting?

there used to be a summer sale thread but i'm gonna make one here so SUMMER SALE

my profile

the things in my cart right now / things i have purchased

Super Meat Boy
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
Max Payne Bundle
Halo Spartan Assault
Skyrim
Fable - The Lost Chapters
Borderlands GOTY
(total cost: $35.38)

Last edited:
You should link to your Steam profile so we can see what you already have and list the kinds of things you like so we can recommend stuff :)

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Mount&Blade Warband is available for 3.99, I'd pick it up if you haven't played it before. It's kinda awesome :)

At 50% off, the entire bundle is still 40 USD (does 'Complete Edition' include all the DLC, as implied? It's only $5 more than the base in that case). :s (don't know if that's different in other places) That's quite a lot relative to everything else. How much playtime have you gotten out of Civ5 and what does the DLC add to the experience?

I'd be interested if it gets further discounted, but $40 is a lottttt

Also annual reminder to everyone not to instabuy things if there's a chance it could go on sale, as you could get a 50% off game for 75% off, etc.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just got the Witcher 2 for 4 dollars

also Pacman Championship for 3. That game is incredibly fun.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Umm I mean the base game gold expansion and Brave New World. I bought vanilla a while back then BNW. My cousin gifted my Gold so it is a lot of fun. BNW actually has different ways to win, other characters, and new techs.

Tagging RODAN because he knows a lot about civ

Oh god wtf I could buy a console game for that amount (65 USD), civ nuts are insane

I'd buy it if it dropped to $20 (as a whole) or below though.

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is payday worth buying anyone? I've heard its good but I've never played it.

Also,call me six but awesomenauts is fun

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At 50% off, the entire bundle is still 40 USD (does 'Complete Edition' include all the DLC, as implied? It's only $5 more than the base in that case). :s (don't know if that's different in other places) That's quite a lot relative to everything else. How much playtime have you gotten out of Civ5 and what does the DLC add to the experience?

I'd be interested if it gets further discounted, but $40 is a lottttt

Also annual reminder to everyone not to instabuy things if there's a chance it could go on sale, as you could get a 50% off game for 75% off, etc.
I've played Civ 5 many times, and the DLC is very worth it. It's a game series that you just keep coming back to, at least until the next Civ games comes out. Well worth it.

At 50% off, the entire bundle is still 40 USD (does 'Complete Edition' include all the DLC, as implied? It's only $5 more than the base in that case). :s (don't know if that's different in other places) That's quite a lot relative to everything else.
Complete Edition does indeed add all of the DLC. The DLC basically fixes the game since it wasn't great at launch (Brave New World adds a hell of a lot especially)

Civ 5 Complete will probably drop to at least 75% off (so $20AUD) and it wouldn't surprise me if it dropped lower due to Beyond Earth coming out soon. Very worth it.

Ununhexium

Just for the record should we all post our steam profiles here so we can all friend each other?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would really have loved Ninja Storm 3 for $10 but getting it on the computer basically means no local multiplayer for me and that's no good.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My username namesake, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings is on sale today for $5, seriously one of the best RTSes ever made. PICK IT UP. doitdoitdoit

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018646293

My haul so far:
Anno 2070 - been confused by the tutorial campaign so far and dumb DRM, hoping it gets better.
Spore + xpacs - ya I still don't have this lol
Dungeon Defenders - looked fun but didn't get any DLC since I didn't anticipate playing much

Spent: $28 USD

Not looking for recs since I have a strange taste in games but feel free to add me. I still have plenty of games from last year I haven't touched yet. lol.

i really recommend everyone to pick up Papers, Please. one of the most unique gameplay experiences i have ever had, amazing how what is essentially tedious paperwork can be so fun
Thanks for the reminder, meant to get this! Its 70% off for a couple more hours yet, just got it for $3. :)

edit: oh god HELP ME HOW DO I KEEP MY FAMILY ALIVE

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)