[Balanced Hackmons] Thousand Shoutouts (Peaked at 1450)

Is this team actually decent?

• Total voters
Hi everyone my name is Seismitoad, formerly Ranger Mike you may or may not know me but today is a very special day. Today is when I post my 1000th message so just like everyone that gets to 1k I decided to make an RMT so enjoy! :)

Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Moonblast
- Secret Sword
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Mega Latios is my primary wallbreaker, I know that King's Shield is important but I just do not know what move to replace. Anyways you might be wondering why it is holding the soul dew, well it was recently discovered that the Soul Dew is compatible with Mega Lati@s, now latios has the equivalent of a Calm Mind on top of it's already gargantuan Special Attack. Anyways here's the move explanations.

Moonblast: Just an over all really good way to hit Imposters and Yveltal upon switchin and occasionally give -1 Special Attack to their sweeper.

Secret Sword: Hits Mega-Tyranitar and specially based Poison Heal sweepers, who set up quiver dances. Just a great move for hitting some threats and having a moveset that hits both spectrums.

Magma Storm: Even if you have not played Balanced Hackmons some of you have heard of the horrors of sturdy Shedinja. Sturdy on Shedinja allows shedinja to only die to passive damage and Mold Breaker. Magma Storm is used as an offensive counter to shedinja as damage at the end of the turn of magma storm counts as passive damage.

Earth Power: This is not a very common move, but I use it because Flash Fire Aegislash is a big threat to this team and hits pokemon like Registeel and Mega Aggron. Basically it is a slightly less powerful, but much more reliable Magma Storm.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Aura Sphere
- Spore

King (or queen) of Balanced Hackmons coming through! Xerneas is by far, the most versatile Pokemon in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. It can run a plethora abilities such as prankster, unaware, pixilate, and the one I prefer and arguably the best ability in Balanced Hackmons: Poison Heal. Poison Heal not only gives you a double Leftovers recovery, it also makes you immune to status bar confusion, allowing Xerneas to be my check to the ever so annoying no-guard. Time for more move explanation. This is one of two of my poison heal sweeper core.

Moonblast: Good stab move generally used for the the exact same reason that Latios runs it, so that Yveltal and giratina do not stop me completely, as they are two of the most common pokemon in the Balanced hackmons metagame.

Quiver Dance: I mentioned how poison heal sweepers that are specially based use Quiver Dance and this is one of those Poison Heal Sweepers. It allows the only thing to beat Xerneas specially directly to be Lucky Punch Chansey along with offensive unaware darmanitan-zen.

Aura Sphere: You might wonder why I am not running Secret Sword, well my reasoning it that should an Imposter come in, it can hit me incredibly hard and ignore my boosts to my Special Defense. It also its Mega-Aggron.

Spore: This is a move that might be replaced by dark void because Mega Venusaur walls xerneas really well. Sleep Clause is nonexistent in Balanced Hackmons. Spore is a good way to beat Imposters as they do not copy the fact that I am poisoned from the Toxic Orb.

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Spore

Scizor is the closest thing to a counter for Refrigerate Kyurem-Black as not that it has thousand Arrows, it can beat Flash Fire Aegislash. Scizor also works out very well as a status spreader and thanks to the safety goggles is immune to spore allowing scizor to beat imposters unless they also run safety goggles. More moves time!

Sacred Fire: Kyurem-Black absolutely despises burns and it can also burn poison healers such as giratina on the switch. This allows me to beat nearly all variants of "Kyube." Having flash fire means that Scizor is completely

Milk Drink: First of all this is the recovery of champions as chaos (though he won't read this) said in the Balanced Hackmons smogcast. Scizor is a wall of course so recovery is rather imperative and improves Scizor's longevity greatly.

U-turn: This is used for the same reason as it is used on Scizor in standard play, to gain momentum. Scizor already is a fantastic pivot thanks to walling a large portion of the tier, carrying Spore, and carrying U-Turn. STAB on U-Turn is also rather convenient.

Spore: Grass types will not go into scizor as most of them if not all of them are used as defensive pokemon so spore is very nice. This counters imposter as while Scizor is wearing his goggles, he is immune to spore. This allows scizor to spread status very efficiently as with flash fire it has no weaknesses.

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

Here is the other part of my Poison Heal core, Mega Gyarados. This guy is an absolute beast he cleans really well, checks kyube very well should it not run U-Turn or Bolt Strike, and can knock off toxic orbs before they activate on pokemon such as imposter toxic orb Chansey, Xerneas, and Kyogre. Gyarados and Xerneas synergize very well as they compliment each other's weaknesses bar electric, grass, and poison the former being decently common and the latter two being next to nonexistent attacking types. Time to once again explain moves.

Knock Off: God is this move good, I previously mentioned that knocking off Toxic Orbs prior to activation is invaluable, there are a good amount of pokemon that depend on their items in balanced hackmons such as Chansey, every poison healer, and Safety Goggles users. It hits pokemon such as Aegislash, Giratina, and Mega Lati@s

Crabhammer: This move is incredibly powerful even without boosts, it was a decent amount of switch-ins but like I mentioned, Gyarados is a cleaner and it's counters should be removed before it attempts to clean. I previously used waterfall but even with the flinches it was rather underwhelming although it has 100% accuracy.

Sacred Fire: One of the best parts of physical poison healers is the fact that they can burn imposters with ease after they have been poisoned, not only this but it hits Mega Venusaur who is a giant threat to this team. Being able to cripple physical attackers so easily is definitely very helpful for this team.

Shift Gear: Gyarados is to slow to run an effective coil set if you ask me so I chose shift gear to remedy this. This pseudo-double dancing is extremely helpful as it makes gyarados hit incredibly hard and allow it to outpace nearly every pokemon in the metagame at +2. There is one problem though as I do not have a set counter to it if an imposter kills gyarados and goes on a rampage.

Gengar-Mega (M) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

Mega Gengar is the best shell smasher in the tier as of now, along with that it stops all variants of Shedinja bar Scrappy which is incredibly rare thanks to moldy breaker. Along with Sturdy mold breaker can beat pokemon such as Unaware Cresselia and having the ability to spore magic bouncers, which is invaluable. Anyways onto the moves of mega gengar.

Spore: As I stated above Spore in conjunction with Mold Breaker allows me to put magic bounce users such as Registeel to sleep which is really nice however Mega Gengar should be weary of magic coat. Gengar is a really good pivot allowing it to spore with ease.

Shell Smash: Gengar uses this move to the fullest as it hits insanely hard and is faster than sonic could ever dream of! Adding on to Mega Gengar being a pivot, this allows it to shell smash with ease because it forces so many switches. After it sets up a shell smash it is nearly unstoppable with priority being the only hard counter. This is in the form of -ilate users and the very rare Gale Wings.

Secret Sword: Once again allows Gengar to hit on both sides of the spectrum and it hits Arceus-Normal, Rock, Dark, Steel, and Ice although only Normal is common. Secret Sword in tandem with a ghost move in this case ghost type Judgement, creates unresisted coverage over all current pokemon.

Ghost Judgement: This makes Mega Gengar give a big middle finger to imposter unless of course the imposter runs spooky plate. Should the Imposter not have a spooky plate Judgement will be normal type and with secret sword you are unable to be hit by imposters. Having STAB on Judgement is very handy as it allows you to take down Aegislash, the Mega Mewtwos, and many many more with your unresisted coverage.

(Meowth=BH Metagame)

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Final Gambit
- Skill Swap
- Parting Shot

Oh Chansey you are so overcentralizing and restrict teambuilding to hell and back but I still love you. Chansey is the Prime pokemon in the Balanced Hackmons metagame as not only do you have HP that makes Alomomola shit it's pants, item boosts will carry over after you transform so Chansey can abuse Eviolite and my personal favorite the Lucky Punch. Lucky Punch gives Chansey a 50% chance to land a critical hit allowing it to break though users of Coil and Quiver Dance with ease. Eviolite is a cool option and many prefer it but the Eviolite doesn't allow you to break through bulky poison healers. Anyways setup is literally everywhere in balanced hackmons and without our little pink blob, most likely stuff like Contrary would be banned (although imo it should be banned even with imposter everywhere). Chansey is the defining glue pokemon as every kind of playstyle uses Chansey as a prime teammate, eventually we would be able to see how much Chansey is used but that won't be for awhile. As for moves Chansey shouldn't be switching into any other Imposter so the moves are basically filler.

Importable:
Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Secret Sword
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Aura Sphere
- Spore

Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

Timid Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Final Gambit
- Skill Swap
- Parting Shot

Problems the team has:
  • I do not know where to put a magic bouncer because I do not know which 'mon to axe.
  • Knock Off, my team is very item dependant so should an Imposter beat Mega Gyarados I have to render one of my pokemon useless.
  • Mega Venusaur is the only pokemon that has stood out as a direct threat but Pixilate Xerneas and Yveltal sometimes give me trouble.
  • Falling victim to my terrible pokegrammar.
Anyways time for shoutouts!
Arcticblast definitely the most influential user to me as your advice has helped me develop a lot on the forums although I sometimes do goof. I will miss you so much. :(
Hollywood you better replace Arctic well!
Adrian Marin oh Adrian I remember our first battle where you were trolling me right when I was getting into BH those were the golden days.
soviet for being a ginormous dick to me.
Darnell for being so nice to me. :]
Expulso god have we had some good times, you helped me start writing analysises, are co-running the scRUb league with me, and are just a great friend to begin with.
MikeDawg The Shellder Smuggler CyclicCompound Calloflochie Bouffalant thanks so much for managing teams in the scRUb league :).
Everyone that is in RotomPoison 's click as you guys are really nice!
Typhlito Kit Kasai Veridian The Avalanches sparktrain Regi likes pie Viktor24 Shaymin :D Cacturne (in no particular order) Thanks for accepting me as your manager in the scRUb league!
Now time for the ones where I might forget some people just vm/pm me if you feel you were forgotten.
archopsArhops amazing artist, needs a badge, really nice guy who is one of my best friends in the other metas room.
Kit Kasai You get two shoutouts :O Anyways Kit is a voice of reason when it comes to Balanced / Pure Hackmons. Although that voice is in a bunch of japanese I don't know. :) <3
Regi likes pie Another person with dual shoutouts :O Regi is really nice and caring towards me, I will miss you so much the othermetas room will never forget you! :'( (kit and regi are some of the best pure hacks players out there)
Snaquaza For being a cool cat and running an amazing server (sorry you have just done to many things more me :>)
The Eevee General for being sooooo nice to me (unlike a few badgeholders who shall go unnamed) Eevee is a great influence to everyone, provides the other metas room with energy, and pumps out metas for me to speculate about at a record pace. :D
manu 11 although you hate Italy, you are a really nice guy and are one of the best Pure Hacks players in the world imo. You are really nice!
@dafeebasarmy Really chill guy, always nice to people and caring. Like Manu you are one of the best ph players ever. OH WAIT HE DOESN'T HAVE A FORUMS ACCOUNT!
GatoDelFuego Minus LightningLuxray Calm Pokemaster Ender For having to gp my god awful grammer in my analyses.
Minus Magnemite For being some really nice guys, also very funny!
Uselesscrab Ah uc you are such a nice person in the othermetas room in fact you might be the nicest! But you have helped me mature my balanced hackmons skills a lot. #freecubchoo
E4 Flint this makes me teary eyed just tagging you man, you mentored me in balanced hackmons a long time ago and developed me into the player I am today.
Keep it Playful for being the premier user of ho(hyper offense) in bh.
Kl4ng Adrian Marin Piccolo Daimao AWailOfATail Monte Cristo for using really annoying stall. Kl4ng is really nice and a terrific battler, you already know about adrian, Monte had my back in a certain incident which was really touching, Piccolo is so nice to me it is absolutely humbling even though he whoops my ass in BH, AWOAT is a really cool person who goes on animal crossing with me and roots for me in a lot of battles not to mention having my back in a lot of situations.
TheAmazingFlavio for being a really cool guy and always being a good friend.
The Immortal for muting me a lot this can also be said for boTTT. ;)
TheBurgerKing99 really cool guy and seasoned battler who will never not be nice.
Unfixable for being a cool guy who has helped me a lot and is an aspiring new(ish) member to the other metas community! There are to many times to count where you have helped me. :)
Rumors for being an odd battler and discovering that trick room is viable in balanced hackmons along with discovering quick feet skymin.
CactusCacti our friendship can be summed up in one word: CHATOT! :>
Asterat ah assrat you have such a colorful personality that is always welcome within the other metas room. Although you usually come in stoned or drunk.
cliffdsixx long story. :)
Heisenerg if anyone is becoming a premier bher it is this guy! You are always cracking jokes and helping others.
Peef Rimgar you are a terrific friend and a funny one to, he has helped me out countless times.
YoungKingPat Although we don't talk all that much you are a really seasoned battler!
I AM SO SORRY IF I FORGOT YOU also I am sorry for the overusage of nice but there are no words to describe you guys :)
Ununhexium for being my little banned deucer :)
GlassGlaceon for being a nub :P
verbatim and Zarel for running and creating balanced hackmons respectively

Also this is my 1st RMT so sorry that I went off tangent and kind of talked in circles, and I do apologize for my shitty pokegrammar.
~Seismitoad

Last edited:
Congratulations on your 1k post and RMT!

I believe the biggest flaw in your team is Poison Heal offense and Mega Gengar may sweep through your team. I know it's an offensive team, but I believe adding a glue like Magic Bounce Giratina could really help you in general. Also, i've been very unimpressed with offensive PH Xerneas's effectiveness lately, as it lacks immediate firepower to defeat new common defensive threats such as defensive PH Xerneas and other annoying Pokemon. Sorry for not being so clear about everything, i'm on my tablet now, so I can't really help much at the moment. I'll be sure to expand this post later.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Secret Sword
- Magma Storm -> King's Shield
- Earth Power

imo magma storm is kinda useless here. The only thing you're hitting with it is pretty much just skarmory, everything else has flash fire or is hit harder by your other moves. Also not really a reliable counter to shedinja, mega gar does a better job, and so does stealth socks.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Aura Sphere -> dark pulse
- Spore

fairy/fighting coverage is kinda weak, as you get walled by mega venusaur and aegislash, both common defensive threats (the latter more common) I'd go with fairy/dark coverage, which hits everything except for fairy/steel typing (not common in bh).

Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Spore

if you're gonna use this as a cube counter, I'd suggest you either put gear grind, will-o-wisp, or rocky helmet on (preferably a combo of those). Otherwise this doesn't really serve as a reliable counter, as cube can power through with coverage and sacred fire is notoriously haxy.

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

pretty standard, not much to say here.

Timid Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword
- Judgment

also pretty standard.

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Final Gambit
- Skill Swap
- Parting Shot

I'd take final gambit off of here and replace it with either a healing move (heal order, you baka) or metal burst

As a whole your team is pretty solid.

Offensively, it kinda has trouble with defensive xerneas (pranskter or poison heal), but latios can deal with that. Latios kinda has trouble pushing through latias though. Also, you have no counter to shedinja. Latios at best serves as a check with magma storm (which I would recommend taking off) and shed can just switch out of gengar. Add stealth socks somewhere imo. Your team kinda gets wrecked by strong defensive cores, especially since you don't have a defog user.

Defensively, your team isn't too strong. It's a bit weak to opposing gengar. Gyara can check it but gengar can get around gyara if the opponent plays smart. Latios can't take hits either, since it doesn't have a recovery move. Also, you get wrecked by aerilate. and you get shit on by shell smash darm-z

pretty solid kohai, congrats on 1000 :D

マイクは馬鹿です~

Lacks a chatot
0/10 would not use.

Gona give my few cents:

Change Spore on mega gengar to either:
Pursuit, Sneaky Pebbles, or Dark Void

As much as spore is appealing, you never know what might run safety goggles nowdays and gengar has hard time making a mistake of failing a turn. I'd honestly go with stealth rock tho cause that would also make opposing imposter fail on gengar even harder (no sleepies 4imposter) and deals with future attempts of sheddy's switch in. (not to mention it lures foes pranksters/support and gives them extra work which is more momentum for you)

On xerneas:
aura sphere is pretty much useless. Kit's suggestion Dark pulse is a good choice but I'd also suggest these alternatives depending on your tastes:
- Steam Eruption; Similiar to above but with added burn. Aegislash hates this, imposter hates this, mega venusaur does not enjoy burn even tho it will wall it otherwise.
- Earth Power: Gives super effective against aegislash, neutral against mega venu. Levitate heatran is pretty much dead and other flying steel types are extremely rare so you have very good coverage with earth power.

Even tho I can see the reasoning to run moves you resist yourself due of lucky punch chansey being more popular, it also gives the risk of eviolite chansey being able to eat shit ton of PP with continuing switches and being walled by other Xerneases and other rarer fairies.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Gj Mike, you've grown. Take everyone's advice and keep getting better
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah this is really the truth mike keep goin in hard man, you've actually grown a lot from when i met you keep getting better man :]
also nice standard team 12/10

Congrats to my beloved scrub team manager, you're a cool guy! I have literally never touched balanced hackmons, but the team looks cool lol. Wishing you the best of luck in your various smogon/other metas/ru/whatever endeavors you continue to pursue!

Just posting changes that I think will improve your team:

Latios-Mega @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Secret Sword
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

I would replace Secret Sword with Psystrike or Spore, Secret Sword is not a good way to deal with Quiver Dance sweepers in almost all cases. Additionally, Mega Latias is probably the better choice overall, as it has a lot more bulk than Mega Latios.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Worry Seed
- Topsy Turvy
- Softboiled

Because of Xerneas's ineffectiveness at sweeping in the current metagame, I believe this set should be changed. The defensive Poison Heal set is one of the best walls against top offensive threats. Worry Seed is rather underrated on the defensive Poison Heal Xerneas set, it can be used with great effect against many Poison Heal threats that use sleep to defeat Imposter. The trick is to Worry Seed a Pokemon that beats Imposter with sleep and Imposter the opponent, effectively copying Insomnia. Give this set a try, it never disappoints me.

Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Spore

Darmanitan-Z @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Milk Drink
- Volt-Switch / Parting Shot
- Spore

I said this many times before, Fur Coat Darmanitan-Z outclasses Flash Fire Mega Scizor in many ways. The special attacking threats that are countered by Mega Scizor are also countered by Darmanitan-Z, while it doesn't have no weakness, it has more special bulk. The physical attacking threats that Mega Scizor tends to counter are countered way more efficiently by Darmanitan-Z. I can also argue that Lava Plume is better than Sacred Fire in the long run (thanks to its high PP.) The choice between Volt-Switch and Parting Shot really depends on your team. You're going to be attracting a lot of Magic Bouncers with Spore, but Parting Shot may prove to be useful against Magic Bounce sweepers.

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

Mega Gyarados is an excellent sweeper and benefits your team both offensively and defensively. I recommend either replacing it with Yveltal to wall Mega Gengar better or add Sucker Punch to its moveset to defeat it.

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Skill Swap
- Whirlwind / Parting Shot

I recommend using Recover instead of Final Gambit. Imposter Chansey is an excellent counter against many Baton Pass teams, it needs to stay healthy.

I also recommend using a Magic Bounce Giratina like:

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Haze

You don't have any effective way of dealing with Poison Heal Regigigas, I think it's a good idea to remove Mega Gengar for this set. Mega Gengar is a top-tier threat, as a result, a lot of people are prepared for it. Every successful team has a Pokemon that can constantly switch in against many threats and volt-turn to a teammate to effectively scout the opposing team with ease.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
マイクは馬鹿です~
Mike is an idiot

HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED THAT YET IT'S BEEN POSTED EVERYWHERE

decent team, but barely any Magic bounce or Magic coat no magic bounge or magic coat anywhere. Also no defog so remind me to bring a spike stacking team. that's pretty much your one major flaw, but otherwise its pretty decent. There is a slight ground weakness, but otherwise its pretty good. You took that gengar from pure hacks didn't you O3O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)