Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 40 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I know this is going to seem incredibly stupid to ask and all but...

How or where do I find out my Friend Code for X/Y? I'm very new to the whole online battle/trade thing. If this has already been answered somewhere in this thread or if this isn't the place to ask, sorry. (in the former case, I'd appreciate being pointed to where it was answered before)

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be so sure. Valzy did the numbers earlier, and to get that exact spread with a timid nature, it would take over 18 billion tries to have a 50% cahnce to get that vivillon. Now I know probability does not equal actually happening but still. I expanded on that math and if my math is correct (it's been a month since I've been in school lol), if a single person decided to try and achieve that same 50%, they would have to SR one a minute, of every minute, of every hour, of every day, week, and year for around a mere 35,000 years lol.

Again, probability can be complete bullshit, but the odds are certainly not stacked in our favor lol.
Haha, it was mostly sarcasm, I saw Valzy's post earlier. Although a man can dream...who knows, I may have gotten that spread earlier today, but it might have been an Adamant nature so I didn't bother to check...

Haha, it was mostly sarcasm, I saw Valzy's post earlier. Although a man can dream...who knows, I may have gotten that spread earlier today, but it might have been an Adamant nature so I didn't bother to check...
Yeah, I figured :P. I'm just in the fact that I have 2 games and 2 3DS's so I can do 2 at once. Although all my modest and timid ones are crappy, and my outstanding ones have horrible natures :I. All I know is, if I get a really good one that a lot of people would want, I'm giving that shit away as much as possible so others do not have to feel our pain lol.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I figured :P. I'm just in the fact that I have 2 games and 2 3DS's so I can do 2 at once. Although all my modest and timid ones are crappy, and my outstanding ones have horrible natures :I. All I know is, if I get a really good one that a lot of people would want, I'm giving that shit away as much as possible so others do not have to feel our pain lol.
Why can't they be nice and just let you breed the pattern?

Why can't they be nice and just let you breed the pattern?
Because they want it special, or because Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon is programmed to evolve into whatever pattern corresponds to the region first registered with the game when a new game was started and they don't want the game to melt having to figure out what to do with either special patterns. A shame too, because I'd like to have the Poke Ball pattern that was only released in like France if I remember right.

Tatertot

Because they want it special, or because Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon is programmed to evolve into whatever pattern corresponds to the region first registered with the game when a new game was started and they don't want the game to melt having to figure out what to do with either special patterns. A shame too, because I'd like to have the Poke Ball pattern that was only released in like France if I remember right.
For now, you can get a cloned copy of a Pokéball one in many trade threads here. In the future, I imagine they might distribute the Pokéball pattern in other locations, using it as a token event Pokémon when they need one to promote something somewhere. We might get it in the US or elsewhere in Europe sometime in the next year or so, who knows.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
For now, you can get a cloned copy of a Pokéball one in many trade threads here. In the future, I imagine they might distribute the Pokéball pattern in other locations, using it as a token event Pokémon when they need one to promote something somewhere. We might get it in the US or elsewhere in Europe sometime in the next year or so, who knows.
Gamefreak hates the US this Gen though...

Tatertot

Gamefreak hates the US this Gen though...
So true...at least they've confirmed we're getting Diancie reasonably soon, possibly at the same time as Japan (THAT'S a first...)

You'd think they'd have given us a lot of love last gen, what with Unova being based off of New York and all. France is getting the golden treatment this gen, what with the Pokémon Center and the new Vivillon, though it's still not nearly as much as what they're giving Japan. Oh well, as long as we get event legendaries and the occasional cool thing like the shiny Gen IV legends last summer, I suppose I'm satiated.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/2a0zma/random_fancy_pokeball_spitbacks_giveaway/

I'm doing my first giveaway on reddit of spitback eggs. These are unhatched eggs that I don't want anymore, so I'm giving them away to people for free. If your TSV matches one of the eggs, I'll trade it to you, and it'll hatch shiny on your game.

Currently, the giveaway is only open to TSV matches, but in a few days, I'll open it up to anyone who wants one of the eggs. After that, I'll hatch and release all of the unclaimed eggs. (I'll be disappointed if I'm left with any females at that point, because nearly all the pokemon are in fancy pokeballs, so the females can pass those pokeballs down).

Please note:

1. If you want one of the eggs, you may post on the comment on my profile asking for one. You can check my status (if I'm online, if I'm currently accepting only TSV match requests or any request) on the post on reddit.

2. Please follow all rules posted on the reddit page.

3. No, I won't check your TSV for you.

4. If you don't know your TSV or don't match any eggs, you can wait until I open it up to non-TSV matches in a few days and then ask for one.

5. When asking for one of the eggs, make sure you copy / paste the entire row for that pokemon in your comment.
For example: B7 4,1 Larvitar (F) Adamant Guts 13.31.31.31.31.31 2823

6. Do not PM me asking for eggs: reply to the comment on my profile to request eggs.

7. Do not PM me asking what pokemon are available, or asking if your TSV matches any of the pokemon. The full list is on the reddit post and is very long: like 4 and 1/2 boxes, so go there and use your web browser's search feature (the most common keystroke commands for this are control+f--for Windows--or command+f--for Mac) and search for your TSV.

Good luck, and happy hunting! :)

Last edited:
So true...at least they've confirmed we're getting Diancie reasonably soon, possibly at the same time as Japan (THAT'S a first...)

You'd think they'd have given us a lot of love last gen, what with Unova being based off of New York and all. France is getting the golden treatment this gen, what with the Pokémon Center and the new Vivillon, though it's still not nearly as much as what they're giving Japan. Oh well, as long as we get event legendaries and the occasional cool thing like the shiny Gen IV legends last summer, I suppose I'm satiated.
Wonder if Diancie will be released around the time of ORAS so it comes with its Mega Stone, since X/Y doesn't (currently, anyway) seem to have that in its coding? Would still be nice to see some of the older event legendary Pokemon redistributed over here, as I doubt we'll get that Darkrai announced in CoroCoro awhile back.

I'll probably wait and see if Poke Ball pattern Vivillon gets distributed elsewhere later on.

After spending about an hour, I got a Modest Vivillon with:

2 - 13 / 12 / 17 / 24 - 25 / 20 - 21 / 26 - 27

Goal was 15+ Defences, 25+ Sp. Attack and Speed and I think I'm content and might keep this.

Need just some input.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/2a0zma/random_fancy_pokeball_spitbacks_giveaway/

I'm doing my first giveaway on reddit of spitback eggs. These are unhatched eggs that I don't want anymore, so I'm giving them away to people for free. If your TSV matches one of the eggs, I'll trade it to you, and it'll hatch shiny on your game.

Currently, the giveaway is only open to TSV matches, but in a few days, I'll open it up to anyone who wants one of the eggs. After that, I'll hatch and release all of the unclaimed eggs. (I'll be disappointed if I'm left with any females at that point, because nearly all the pokemon are in fancy pokeballs, so the females can pass those pokeballs down).

Please note:

1. If you want one of the eggs, you may post on the comment on my profile asking for one. You can check my status (if I'm online, if I'm currently accepting only TSV match requests or any request) on the post on reddit.

2. Please follow all rules posted on the reddit page.

3. No, I won't check your TSV for you.

4. If you don't know your TSV or don't match any eggs, you can wait until I open it up to non-TSV matches in a few days and then ask for one.

5. When asking for one of the eggs, make sure you copy / paste the entire row for that pokemon. For example: B7 4,1 Larvitar (F) Adamant Guts 13.31.31.31.31.31 2823
Bump for a new page. :)

Last edited:
After spending about an hour, I got a Modest Vivillon with:

2 - 13 / 12 / 17 / 24 - 25 / 20 - 21 / 26 - 27

Goal was 15+ Defences, 25+ Sp. Attack and Speed and I think I'm content and might keep this.

Need just some input.
Check what its Hidden Power is, Fire/Fighting/Ground would make it worth keeping imo

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dunno if there's a rule about linking to off-site giveaways...if so, I'll delete this.

I'm doing my first giveaway on reddit of spitback eggs. These are unhatched eggs that I don't want anymore, so I'm giving them away to people (on reddit) for free. If your TSV matches one of the eggs, I'll trade it to you, and it'll hatch shiny on your game.

Please note:

1. This is my giveaway on reddit. Please don't reply here, reply there.
2. No, I won't check your TSV for you.
3. If you don't know your TSV or don't match any eggs, you can wait until I open it up to non-TSV matches in a few days and then ask for one.
I have a problem with this. You can't expect people to post over in Reddit for a giveaway you announce here. If you want to leave it open for members of the Smogon community, I'm afraid you'll have to accept requests for your giveaway here.

Hey, Im seekng some pokemon:

Clamperl
Rattled
Modest
Egg Moves: Shell Smash
HP: Doesnt need to, but preferably Grass or Fire

Snubull
Intimidate
Adamant
Egg Moves : Heal Bell, Play Rough

Munchlax
Thick Fat
Adamant
Egg Moves: Recycle

Natu
Magic Bounce
Timid
Egg moves: Feather Dance

Elekid
Jolly
Egg moves:Elemental Punches,Quick Attack

If you have any of these, check my thread, and if you dont like anything from my thread, PM me.. =D

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I have a problem with this. You can't expect people to post over in Reddit for a giveaway you announce here. If you want to leave it open for members of the Smogon community, I'm afraid you'll have to accept requests for your giveaway here.
Understood. I'll edit the original post, and make a comment on my profile where people can ask for eggs here.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)