Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 40 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for a pawniard with knock off and sucker punch and preferably decent ivs. also if anyone can explain why knock off is an egg move for some pokemon and not other i'd really appreciate it. i'm not talking egg groups(obviously i can't breed my tentacool with knock off with a pawniard) but why can I breed knock off on to tentacools but everywhere I look if I had a pawniard with knock off the off spring won't have it. i was under the impression there was a list of egg moves and if somehow you got a poke in the egg group with the move and a poke that was capable of learning it their offspring would have the move?
Nah, just because a poke is in the same egg group does not mean it will pass down a move to another poke while breeding. Pokemon have a specific list of egg moves, and those are the only moves able to be passed down, egg group or not. (Well, if both parents have a level up move that's the same, that will also pass down iirc).

Miku-chan07

Banned deucer.
I am looking a 6IV Quiet Ditto. I can offer my 6IV Adamant Ditto holding any Item of your choice for it, or any 6 Items of your choice if you'd prefer that.

Last edited:
Nah, just because a poke is in the same egg group does not mean it will pass down a move to another poke while breeding. Pokemon have a specific list of egg moves, and those are the only moves able to be passed down, egg group or not. (Well, if both parents have a level up move that's the same, that will also pass down iirc).
ya i knew that it wouldn't just pass because they were in the egg group.but I didn't realize egg moves were specific to pokes.I thought all move either fell into the "egg group" category or they didn't. so what your saying is that just because its an egg move for one pokemon in not an egg move universally.

just so i'm completely clear and i never get my hopes up again for something like this, for an extreme theoretical example is that something like v create could become an egg move for some future gen pokemon but not for another pokemon capable of learning it by tutor or some other means? that is to say both theoretical pokemon can learn v create but its only an egg move for one of them. Is this the correct mindset?

and if so , and more on point, anyone willing to trade a 31/31/31/x/31/31 knock off sucker punch defiant pawniard, hell since the chance of this happening are pretty low how bet i ask for it shiny to.

PM if your interested or if you have something more realistic like just a decent iv knock off suckerpunch defiant pawniard.

ya i knew that it wouldn't just pass because they were in the egg group.but I didn't realize egg moves were specific to pokes.I thought all move either fell into the "egg group" category or they didn't. so what your saying is that just because its an egg move for one pokemon in not an egg move universally.

just so i'm completely clear and i never get my hopes up again for something like this, for an extreme theoretical example is that something like v create could become an egg move for some future gen pokemon but not for another pokemon capable of learning it by tutor or some other means? that is to say both theoretical pokemon can learn v create but its only an egg move for one of them. Is this the correct mindset?

and if so , and more on point, anyone willing to trade a 31/31/31/x/31/31 knock off sucker punch defiant pawniard, hell since the chance of this happening are pretty low how bet i ask for it shiny to.

PM if your interested or if you have something more realistic like just a decent iv knock off suckerpunch defiant pawniard.
Yeah, that would be a case. Another case of what is actually possible as of right now is bug bite on scyther/scizor. A ton of pokemon in the bug egg group get bug bite, yet it is not an egg move for scyther :(.

Also, my friend lockiegengar12 has one of those pawniard, so you should ask him :).

lats

formerly lockiegengar12

If you can clone you can take my one free (providing you clone a copy back). It's shiny adamant defiant 31/31/31/x/31/31 with sucker punch, pursuit and knock off.

Yeah, that would be a case. Another case of what is actually possible as of right now is bug bite on scyther/scizor. A ton of pokemon in the bug egg group get bug bite, yet it is not an egg move for scyther :(.

Also, my friend lockiegengar12 has one of those pawniard, so you should ask him :).
alright i'm assuming he has one of the reasonable kind not one of my totally outlandish expectation ones?:)

i love Bisharp so much and wanted to find a way to make him OU when i saw he was really up to OU standards last gen, and when this gens dex finally comes out suddenly hes there but with a move I can't get. I have four different fully trained five perf iv bisharps and there all just made to look sad this gen without the super move that is 6th gens version of knock off...well enough of me being super mellow dramatic. thank for the advice.

Miku-chan07

Banned deucer.
I am looking a 6IV Quiet Ditto.

I can offer my 6IV Foreign Adamant Ditto holding any Item of your choice for it, or any 6 Items of your choice by themselves if you'd prefer that.

If you can clone you can take my one free (providing you clone a copy back). It's shiny adamant defiant 31/31/31/x/31/31 with sucker punch, pursuit and knock off.
sadly my success with cloning this gen( assuming the cloning i'm thinking of is the same you're thinking of) has been utterly terrible. I've be trying to clone a azelf for a gimmick team for a couple weeks,probably four hours of actual time spent trying to clone and gotten absolutely no where.if only it was as easy as the original silver version where i cloned enough legendary dogs that i became a hero to all my lazy friend who wouldn't chase them down...... holy crap i'm being super over the top tonight. sorry everyone...

key point with my track record its probably not worth you risking me getting it deleted on you.

*edit* also i wont have access to a second 3ds to try and clone for like three weeks so that also cause issues

Not-so-quick question about my Powersave. So, awhile ago, I backed up my main save file with Powersave and created a brand new one to obtain a Vivillon pattern. Unfortunately, while I was still on the new save file, my Powersave stopped working. Whenever I insert my game, it rapidly flashes between the "Insert Game Cartridge", "No Hardware Detected", and "Save Backup" screens. I basically can't use the Powersave, meaning I lost all my stuff on my old save file. I've replaced the cable, to no avail. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: Also, whenever I open the program, a text box pops up, where I'm forced to press "OK". I'm then directed to this site: http://nippon.powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/

Last edited:
Can pikachu relearn nasty plot from move relearner?
Only if it is an egg move.

Does anyone know if Analytic passes down on Staryu/Magnemite when breeding? I've been looking for a good Analytic Starmie but every one that I see in other people's threads seems to only carry Natural Cure.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Only if it is an egg move.

Does anyone know if Analytic passes down on Staryu/Magnemite when breeding? I've been looking for a good Analytic Starmie but every one that I see in other people's threads seems to only carry Natural Cure.
Yeah, it does. The reason there aren't many is because it has to be banked over.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just accidentally bred a female of this, any offers for it? I realize that Archen cannot be in a matching ball, but this gal is a rarity and is great if you'd like to offer a variety of egg moves. 4 more egg moves can be bred onto a parent, to give you up to 8 egg interchangeable egg moves for their babies. I'd love female Eevee in balls that match their evolutions, but I'm open to other offers :)

#566 Archen (F)
Nature:
Jolly
Ability: Defeatist
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Egg Moves: Head Smash, Defog, Switcheroo, Knock Off​

Just accidentally bred a female of this, any offers for it? I realize that Archen cannot be in a matching ball, but this gal is a rarity and is great if you'd like to offer a variety of egg moves. 4 more egg moves can be bred onto a parent, to give you up to 8 egg interchangeable egg moves for their babies. I'd love female Eevee in balls that match their evolutions, but I'm open to other offers :)

#566 Archen (F)
Nature:
Jolly
Ability: Defeatist
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Egg Moves: Head Smash, Defog, Switcheroo, Knock Off​
I'll trade 2Headz for it :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)