Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that my Pelipper solo-run is going to be about 10x better in 3D.

I also hope the appearance of the Wifi Battles changes along with (maybe) better Wonder Trading? Throw in some tier based stuff, and voila! The entire thing becomes better. No more Bidoof for Groudon trades.

Why does that prove anything...?
Well, it's the only picture of a wifi battle we got and it doesn't show anything different. Now that I think about it, it doesn't, strictly speaking, prove there won't be other backgrounds, but it does lead one to believe they aren't putting any thought or effort into changing it. For me it's clear they won't change, but I have to agree we have no conclusive proof they won't.

Here's the screenshot:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, he's more human now, and humans can't really stand 24/7. As a tiny little pixilated sprite, he couldn't really sit anyway. I think it's a nice touch, and I wonder if he'll be sitting when we walk in.
I'm positive there was a couch in a corner in Phoebe's room. I found it to be pretty cool, and hope any future E4 rooms look more like a living/meeting room of sorts than... whatever we have now.

By the way, FUCK YES STUNFISK RUG, MEGADERPFISH CONFIRMED !__!

Well, it's the only picture of a wifi battle we got and it doesn't show anything different. Now that I think about it, it doesn't, strictly speaking, prove there won't be other backgrounds, but it does lead one to believe they aren't putting any thought or effort into changing it. For me it's clear they won't change, but I have to agree we have no conclusive proof they won't.

Here's the screenshot:
My gut feeling is the same as your's gabriel, Based on this image. I'll keep my fingers crossed but we might be stuck with that lack of visual variety for the rest of this gen :/

I haven't looked much and don't have time to search through a billion images right now but it would be cool to start compiling a list of confirmed decorations for secret bases. I especially want to know all the Pokedolls we get. Have we seen any mega dolls?

Here's the screenshot:
It could very easily just be the 'default' background. But meh, there's no real evidence either way to me. We'll just have to wait and see.
>Notices the nicknames for the Pokémon in battle
What the fuck
Edit: Wait, that's German names. ... very odd German names. I'm gonna have to have a game of finding Pokémon Names in foreign languages; this looks hilarious.

It could very easily just be the 'default' background. But meh, there's no real evidence either way to me. We'll just have to wait and see.
What the fuck
Edit: Wait, that's German names. ... very odd German names. I'm gonna have to have a game of finding Pokémon Names in foreign languages; this looks hilarious.
Those nicknames are I believe the german names for those Pokemon, at least Flemmli is.

What the fuck
That's why I said there's no conclusive evidence. Hopefully you're right!

And the thing with the nicknames, I got the screenshot from the german pokémon site, so those are the pokémon german names xD

Regardless, Lugia and Ho-Oh don't seem to be available in Ruby and Sapphire anyway (although it looks like they can be caught in Emerald, so they might add them, who knows?).
It's very likely the same events will happen again. We should expect just as many legends for ORAS as bw2 for no reason other than the "no non-kalos bred mons allowed" rule that GF is sticking to.

It's very likely the same events will happen again. We should expect just as many legends for ORAS as bw2 for no reason other than the "no non-kalos bred mons allowed" rule that GF is sticking to.
Talking of which...
How will the Kalos Bred system work for Pokémon very obviously born in Hoenn?

Talking of which...
How will the Kalos Bred system work for Pokémon very obviously born in Hoenn?
They'll probably extend the system to include oras. I dunno really. These changes really hurt the relevant mons more than hacks tho. Really no one's gonna believe that your flareblitz garchomp is real, why bother with this rubbish? GF DISCRIMINATES CLONES!!!

They'll probably extend the system to include oras. I dunno really. These changes really hurt the relevant mons more than hacks tho. Really no one's gonna believe that your flareblitz garchomp is real, why bother with this rubbish? GF DISCRIMINATES CLONES!!!
I do question the system myself. The only real thing I can think of is to put everyone on the same level as kids who just have XY, but...
And yeah, honestly, I think PokéBank's system of checking if your stats, ability, types, moves etc. are what they should be is enough.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What the fuck
German Pokémon names are hilarious. Snover's German name, for example, is Schnebedeck. lol.

EDIT: This was my 200th post. I am content.

Last edited:
I've always liked the way that Garchomp sounded in German. Knakrack :P

my hopes are still up that we won't have to learn how to catch a pokemon unless we want to.

German Pokémon names are hilarious. Snover's German name, for example, is Schnebedeck. lol.
This reminds me of the Battle Tents in RSE--kampfcamp in German. How the fuck do you pronounce that?

Speaking of which does anyone actually want those things back lol

Speaking of which does anyone actually want those things back lol
Due to the greater space and size of cities the 3DS can allow and XY had shown, I wouldn't be surprised if the contest halls and battle tents were next to each other in their respective towns - then again, I'd be even less surprised if they ditched the battle tents altogether.

Also, love how I accidentally sparked a German Name discussion. Lel.

I've always liked the way that Garchomp sounded in German. Knakrack :P

my hopes are still up that we won't have to learn how to catch a pokemon unless we want to.
Except said 'learning how to catch a Pokémon' sequence in RSE was an introduction to a recurring character. So.

Due to the greater space and size of cities the 3DS can allow and XY had shown, I wouldn't be surprised if the contest halls and battle tents were next to each other in their respective towns - then again, I'd be even less surprised if they ditched the battle tents altogether.

Also, love how I accidentally sparked a German Name discussion. Lel.

Except said 'learning how to catch a Pokémon' sequence in RSE was an introduction to a recurring character. So.
true! I kind of forgot about that :/ I never liked Wally personally, hopefully he won't seem quite as.. annoying in the remake.

Funny sounding words are the purest most innocent form of humor. Not making fun of German just having fun with it.

Anyway, here's what I got from this one image, lets get a running list going. copy paste my stuff and add to it. We can do furniture and stuff too.

Poke-Dolls:
2x2
Blastoise
Charizard
Snorlax
Venusaur
1x1
Azuril
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Duskull
Gulpin
Keckleon
Lotad
Mudkip
Pichu
Pikachu
Seedot
Swablu
Togepi
Torchic
Totodile
Treecko
Wynaut

Looking quickly at a few other screenshots, it seems like the pink 2x2 rug with Laptop and flag may be a necessary piece of furniture in every secret base. Probably the control center from which you lay out decorations and set other options. Like this:
(PS: It seems we may be able to share secret base layouts and patterns using QR codes like some of the customization features of Animal Crossing New Leaf)

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You're the first person on Smogon to make me laugh out loud. Thank you.
Shucks ^.^

EDIT: I've been playing through an old copy of Sapphire atm in preparation for the remakes (I've never made it past Route 118 >.< ). I'm playing with Sableye, and while I was looking at it's movepool list on Bulbapedia because I'm a dirty cheater, I noticed that it's movepool has gotten much, much better in the past 3 generations - just things like Power Gem, Zen Headbutt, Shadow Claw, Knock Off buff and so on. And it's getting a Mega Evolution on top of that. So I was thinking - from an in-game perspective, I wonder what else will be better than the original games in terms of movepool, available mega etc.? An obvious one would be Gardevoir because Fairy-type for example...

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The "Kalos pentagon" is set to appear in two other sets of games, right after XY in the coding. ORAS will probably also have the pentagon, even though it is, in a sense, Kalos's symbol.

What's the off-chance that, the more people you sync up with for secret base data, the more perks you get to unlock? I know that some bases were bigger than others in RSE, but the bases they showed off in the trailers seemed extremely diverse. another trend I saw, (and I may be noticing something that isn't really there) is that the bigger bases were generally owned by people who had more friend NPCs meandering about their base. It seems so far that meeting more people and being good at Capture the Flag, like in DPPt, comes with the benefit of making more space in your base, among other things.

Anyone else wondering what location gen 3 Hoenn Pokemon (as in the original RSE) will get in their summary page? Still "from a faraway place" or will it be Hoenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)