Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 41 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
***WEEKLY GIVEAWAY***

Hey everyone, it's that time of the week. This time, I've got an extra special giveaway to do. When I TSV hatch, I usually hatch a box full of eggs, and check the TSVs of 4-6 at a time. Often, this means I get multiple matches for the same Pokémon. What should I do with these leftovers? Why not give them away to you guys?

I have two shiny Fletchlings to give away this week. Both are completely UNCLONED, UNTOUCHED, and completely unique. The shinies I use on my team I never clone and offer up in my thread, cloning them makes them less unique in my opinion. For that reason, both of these Fletchlings will be Non-Redistributable. You're free to use them on your own team or for whatever you like, but don't trade them. Keep them special for yourself :)

How do you win them? Well, I've noticed that lately there's been a decrease of the number of giveaways on Smogon compared to how things used to be when I joined. For that reason, I've decided to make this giveaway (and possibly all of my giveaways for the foreseeable future) only available to those who have hosted their own giveaway in the past two weeks. I love giving my Pokémon away to new and old members alike, but let's face it...there's been a lot of mooching here lately, especially from members who've been around enough to have good things to give away. It's not too hard to host a giveaway of your own...just breed up a box of a Pokémon you like and give away the good ones! Unfortunately, if you have not hosted a giveaway in the last two weeks (after the date July 27th), you are ineligible for this one.

On my profile, there will be two posts. If you're eligible, comment on the one that you would like to win (you can only pick one) with a random number between 0 and 100. I'll use a random number generator at the end of the day, closest number wins. Without any further ado, here are the prizes:

#661 Fletchling
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Gale Wings (HA)
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
OT: Dyn 04099
Non-Redistributable
**This one is your standard Gale Wings Talonflame build, nothing too special besides the shinyness :)

#661 Fletchling
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Big Pecks
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
OT: LIL 05610
Non-Redistributable
**This is one of the sisters of the shiny Talonflame I now use to hatch my eggs. Bred in Luxury Ball so that it will love you forever and with the ability Flame Body upon evolution. (Also, check out that 0 SpA stat!)​

Okay, time to finally start breeding!!

I figured why not start where it all began so I'll be beginning with Bulbasaur. I'll eventually breed 2 separate sets (Special and Physical) but to start I'll be going with Modest HP Fire (to make it a bit more challenging)!

My question is: what moves should I breed onto Modest Bulbasaur for a purely special set?

Giga Drain and Leaf Storm are obvious but what about the other 2? Is Sludge even worth breeding onto it when you can just teach it Sludge Bomb via TM (wouldn't be hard to add it as I already have a Mudkip with Sludge)? Is Petal Dance worth it when Venusaur learns it anyway?

Any help is appreciated! :)

I figured why not start where it all began so I'll be beginning with Bulbasaur. I'll eventually breed 2 separate sets (Special and Physical) but to start I'll be going with Modest HP Fire (to make it a bit more challenging)!

My question is: what moves should I breed onto Modest Bulbasaur for a purely special set?

Giga Drain and Leaf Storm are obvious but what about the other 2? Is Sludge even worth breeding onto it when you can just teach it Sludge Bomb via TM (wouldn't be hard to add it as I already have a Mudkip with Sludge)? Is Petal Dance worth it when Venusaur learns it anyway?

Are they for actual use, or just because you can give it egg moves?
I imagine there might be niche use for Curse or Ingrain?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

Nature power probably... turns into tri attack on wifi battles I think.
Or grassy terrain? Ingrain? Amnesia? Charm? :p

Are they for actual use, or just because you can give it egg moves?
I imagine there might be niche use for Curse or Ingrain?
Mostly just so it can have 4 egg moves. :)

I think Ingrain might be more for a Bold Bulbasaur rather than Modest, and maybe Curse for a physical attacker... but there really isn't much else to choose from is there? >_<

Nature power probably... turns into tri attack on wifi battles I think.
Or grassy terrain? Ingrain? Amnesia? Charm? :p
Mmmm, Grassy Terrain could probably work - and maybe Amnesia.

So it would be:

Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Amnesia, Grassy Terrain.

edit: Grassy Terrain or Petal Dance?! >_<

Need 4 clones back of these two. CMT for your services. Thanks.

[154] Shiny Maganium
OT:
Shadow (46274) (Lv. 1)
Nature: Calm - Ability: Overgrow
IVs: 31/00/31/30/31/30
Egg Moves: Leech Seed, Leaf Storm, Body Slam, Aromatherapy Hidden Power Fire
Tradeable Stock :

Notes:
A Chikorita traded to me by lockiegengar12, but has been traded around smogon for a while. Legend has it, .com traded it to someone for hatching via SV method and let him keep a un-nicknamed copy. It's Fully Re-distributable.

[448] Shiny Lucario / Shiny Mega Lucario
OT:
Marcos (05040) (Lv. 50)
Nature: Jolly - Ability: Justified
IVs: 31/31/31/18/31/31
Egg Moves: Blaze Kick, Crunch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave
EV trained: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Tradeable Stock:
: 1
Notes:
I bred this myself, saved, hatched, checked IVs and then soft reset. I then traded it to SomeKindaSmeargle, who was my corresponding shiny value.

I have this one false swiped and spored, what ball do I catch it in? I'm leaning towards luxury ball? Hight frame so to lazy to catch more than one.

I have this one false swiped and spored, what ball do I catch it in? I'm leaning towards luxury ball? Hight frame so to lazy to catch more than one.
Ultra matches the base shiny, the mega gives me the vibe that it will be blue shiny though. Premier is the safest choice from the three here.

Best matching ball for shiny medicham?

I'm thinking quick ball. Not too sure about this though.
Moon ball, then quick or dive.

For my next giveaway, I want to include a link to a certain charity website, just to raise awareness of the great work they do.

Would this be against the WiFi rules?

When a Soundproof Abomasnow Mega Evolves, does it's Ability switch to Snow Warning? Let me know. Thanks.

Yes. The advantage is having an extra turn of Hail, compared to having the ability before Mega Evolving.
crazy_man That's really good for switching into some attacks pre-mega; also for Baton Pass teams to block Roar. Tell me, what do you mean by extra turn of hail though? Wouldn't it be the same amount of Hail turns just one turn later? Or does it activate even when Hail is already up? Thanks! Just tag me in your edit so as not to spam.

Last edited:
Okay, I've tried searching for the answer to my question on Google but can't seem to find it.

If an egg is bred onto an English game, if it is traded to and then hatched on a foreign game (for TSV hatching) would the tag read ENG (from where it was bred/generated) or would it be something like SPA or JAP (based on where it was hatched)?

Okay, I've tried searching for the answer to my question on Google but can't seem to find it.

If an egg is bred onto an English game, if it is traded to and then hatched on a foreign game (for TSV hatching) would the tag read ENG (from where it was bred/generated) or would it be something like SPA or JAP (based on where it was hatched)?
My Korean-hatched Squirtle says it would still show an English tag.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12

The egg inherits the language tag of whatever game it was generated in. So if an english egg was hatched in a Japanese game, it will retain it's English tag.

Still has the ENG tag.
I can trade you a german egg if you want to try it for yourself.

My Korean-hatched Squirtle says it would still show an English tag.
The egg inherits the language tag of whatever game it was generated in. So if an english egg was hatched in a Japanese game, it will retain it's English tag.
Okay, awesome!! Got an egg in a giveaway and the only matching TSV on reddit is from a foreign game so I wanted to make sure first. :D

Still has the ENG tag.
I can trade you a german egg if you want to try it for yourself.
I got my answer, but thanks anyway! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)