ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, leaks are coming through?
Is this a good time for anyone who doesn't like spoilers to drop out?
Leaks have been coming through since yesterday. The only new picture on that set of 15 from imgur is the one with Mega Latios. If the leaker is a reviewer, they'll have lots more pictures soon as it is. I feel like everyone afraid of spoilers would be long gone by now.

I suspect it's fake but that doesn't mean that we won't get a real mega flygon in the future. The pic is way too blury compared to the others. It looks more like fan art to me. I don't know why people do this stuff.

There's certainly no shortage of Mega Flygon fanboy tears that's for sure.

Seriously though, the background is from XY. ORAS uses different backgrounds. And that awful quality screams fake, even my iPod touch can take much clearer pictures than that.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What is there to even leak anyway? We have been able to learn nearly everything from the data dump of the demo. Besides the plot I guess.
The plot is that Archie and Maxie fail science forever, but got mad at their teachers and decided to try to prove they were right (hint: they aren't).

What is there to even leak anyway? We have been able to learn nearly everything from the data dump of the demo. Besides the plot I guess.
The Battle Frontier
Tutor moves -- like if they're the same as the ones that have already been listed

I think the thing I love most about Episode Delta is all the new space puns it's given me. Like just looking at the picture above makes me think this whole thing will end up being the plot of Armageddon on the back of a flying dragon. And that is awesome.

I DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES I DON'T WANT TO FALL ASLEEP CAUSE I MISS YOU BABE, AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
*sigh*
I had long hoped that this would be the game when GameFreak finally realizes that pretty much nobody uses Imperial units any more, and at least gave us an option to switch to Metric. But when it appears casually in dialogue like that, it seems like we're all stuck with Imperial this time too...
America is like the only country I know of which uses metric, and everyone needs to have some kind of understanding of both. It's like Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Getting the latis so early (level 30) is going to be interesting. With the amount of complaints about getting Mega-Lucario for free around the same level, there's probably going to be a bit of backlash over this.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
*sigh*
I had long hoped that this would be the game when GameFreak finally realizes that pretty much nobody uses Imperial units any more, and at least gave us an option to switch to Metric. But when it appears casually in dialogue like that, it seems like we're all stuck with Imperial this time too...
I think imperial is just find if you're talking about how big something is in general. For stuff like a Pokemon's length and weight in the Pokedex they should do that in metric as that's the more accurate measuring unit, but when casually talking to someone I'd use imperial.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
America is like the only country I know of which uses metric, and everyone needs to have some kind of understanding of both. It's like Celsius and Fahrenheit.
The US is the only country apart from Liberia that officially uses Imperial (the UK does too, to some degree). The rest of the world uses Metric. Apart from a few countries that uses localized translated versions of the game, most countries in the world have Pokémon games released in English. While I think the English games sell more units in the US than in the rest of the English-localized countries, it would be nice if they gave some thoughts to the rest of us too.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Man looking at the leaks and if I am reading this right, then it looks like you get the appropriate Lati twin half way through the game complete with a Mega Stone... I am going to assume after gym five here because it very much looks like whatever lati twin you get is probably going to be the game's XY Lucario/BW Archen. I was talking on #oi about how that thing will just cleave through the game. With a theoretical moveset of Dragon move/Psychic move/Surf/Thunderbolt, this thing will rip through the majority of major battles for the rest of that game through sheer power and decent enough bulk to take a hit at least. I anything, I can easily see these two in the highest rank wrt in-game tier lists and for a good reason. Winona, Brendan/May, Liza and Tate, Maxie/Archie, Wallace and even the Pokémon League—despite a general weakness to them—have issues with this thing and... yeah. The Mega Latis will seriously make this game look silly.

[21:06:56] Its_A_Random rofl
[21:07:03] Its_A_Random latis at level 30
[21:07:10] Its_A_Random halfway through oras
[21:07:15] Hydrattler .-.
[21:07:19] Its_A_Random ladies and gentlemen
[21:07:40] Its_A_Random oras' version of xy lucario
[21:07:44] DHR Yeah thats kinda ridiculous
[21:07:52] DHR Welcome to S Rank?
[21:07:58] Its_A_Random and you even get its mega too
[21:08:04] breh ...
[21:08:07] Hydrattler nah
[21:08:10] Hydrattler not S rank
[21:08:11] Its_A_Random a fucking 700 bst mon halfway through the game
[21:08:14] Hydrattler Tier- 0
[21:08:14] breh sounds like it couldn't be broken
[21:08:33] DHR Yeah it might even be worth its own tier ?_?
[21:08:38] DHR Lati@S tier
[21:08:56] Its_A_Random G Tier
[21:09:00] Its_A_Random G for God

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That sucks, because if the Latis take the position of XY Lucario, it means it's most likely going to have set nature and IVs (Lucario was Hasty 6/25/16/25/19/31, which is pretty bad). I guess now the only way to get competitive ones are from the Eon ticket event, which is going to be a real hassle for some people.

That sucks, because if the Latis take the position of XY Lucario, it means it's most likely going to have set nature and IVs (Lucario was Hasty 6/25/16/25/19/31, which is pretty bad). I guess now the only way to get competitive ones are from the Eon ticket event, which is going to be a real hassle for some people.
Remember that Lati@s should have at least 3 perfect IVs because it's a legend

Not to mention the method for adquired the eon ticket currently revealed by nintendo .Streetpass.

It will stressful try to find the correct owner of that ticket for get it if nintendo decide that will be the only way to get it, I have high hopes at least it could be traded between friends registered so you could download it again if anyone decide to reset the game for repeat to get the good content of the game, that is only one of my hope or regrets.

with this one I only have one regret for this game will be apart of maybe yes or no the battle frontier and mega flygon:

-I could have hope at least this time Castform forecast allow him to transform in sandstorm for rock form and maybe buff him with base 80 or 90 in his stats when he is transformed in weather only.:(

About the only way that Lati can be balanced is if they lock SA to 0, and even then it'll still rip the second half of the game in half and stuff it through a mailbox (IGN.com).

The US is the only country apart from Liberia that officially uses Imperial (the UK does too, to some degree). The rest of the world uses Metric. Apart from a few countries that uses localized translated versions of the game, most countries in the world have Pokémon games released in English. While I think the English games sell more units in the US than in the rest of the English-localized countries, it would be nice if they gave some thoughts to the rest of us too.
Meanwhile in Australia we have to put up with Americanized terms and spelling like mom instead of "mum" and trash instead of "bin." Sure it's a minor annoyance because we say mum exactly the way it's written so it feels odd to me to read the word mom and in my head read mum... it just feels so unnatural. However it means nothing to the actual story and the overall meaning is still clear. So I guess Gf do a good job of blending different usages together to keep everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)