ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has the leaker confirmed where and when they are in the game? The Lati@s at level 30 holds credence due to the screenshot, of course, but I haven't seen any more actual commentary about where they are aside from the initial gross 4chan thread.
the leaker said on reddit, before all the stuff was deleted, that he got Latios & mega evolution after the 5th gym

Oh man that trailer has me SO HYPED!

All of the new megas looked absolutely awesome and my man Gallade was looking so sharp!

I also loved how brutal Sharpedo and Beedrill looked, they are definitely taking no prisoners!

What does a bee in a Volcano? How it could even get lost in a Volcano from the forest where it lives and alone? Those things are always on packs even if the pack wasn't full of megas.
Diancie witth a diamond sword that's really cool and mid battle it even changes its shape into four sharp diamonds.
M-mence and M-Pidgeot evading every move...that's a deviated M-Pidgeot with Full-guard...
That M-Steelix was amazing like thinking do whatever you want I will take it but you're not going to make me get late to the place I go.
M-Audino has a face expression saying "look at me, I can do anything that you will never be able to do not even as good as me"

This trailer was amazing, no doubt.

I have to agree, M-Gallade vs M-Diancie was awesome!
I was just watching that GIF that Sweetstack posted for like 5 minutes
Also, Sweetstack, how do you know its Sootopolis(I really dont know cause never played the original games

Also, Sweetstack, how do you know its Sootopolis(I really dont know cause never played the original games
I can't say for sure that it's 100% Sootopolis City but to me it resembles it closely to it. The landscape is a white-colored mountainous region just like Sootopolis City is. Also, there looks to be a body of water situated in the center of the city just like in Sootopolis City. You can see a bit of the water on the lower right hand corner of this screenshot.

I'm going to need both M-Gallade and M-Diancie (complete w/ diamond sword) to be in Pokken Tournament, so that amazing battle can be recreated in 3d.

So epic and Sootopolis City acted as a great backdrop to the battle.
Zorro Vs. Sailor Soldier

Those intense sparks cause by nonstop hacking and slashing. The choreography of Mega Diancie's sword animations and Mega Gallade's swift footwork.. Not to mention its cape and glowing armblades. I need a Pokemon movie with fight scenes like this TBH.

Sootopolis is a city in a caldera (or crater) with white cliffs.

Wow I watched the trailer. It's amazing! Very video game epic. It reminds me of the trailer for B2W2, which was also awesome. Why does May get two starters and Brendan only gets one? And looks like Steven's Metagross may be non-shiny in-game, even though it was shiny both in the demo and the ME anime specials.

It's too bad they don't seem to follow up on trailers. I'd love to know why all the megas are fighting...other than showcasing them. Feels like Diancie and Gallade at least might have a backstory to their fight.

Every time I see trailers like this one and the Origins series, I get disappointed because it reminds me how much better they could make the anime if they would just stop following Ash...
The anime would need a complete overhaul if they wanted to do things like this

just following someone else wouldn't change anything. The BW2 & ORAS commercials are like 4 minutes each. Origins was 4 episodes.
Not a purposely endless advertising vehicle

I agree with R_N, the cool mini episodes and Origins are epic because its a small period of time, so they just add all the epic parts and thats why its epic non stop. Like come on, did Red have to go to some stupid Pokemon Summer Camp and do some Pokemon Orienteering? No, because, heck, that would take the entire Origins series, Summer Camp was like four five episodes. But I have to admit, some cool parts should be added without all this love thing coming through. So like ruthless endless fighting like that sick swordfight, I would appreciate.

shhhhhhhhhh guys let's not make this anime discussion thread

And looks like Steven's Metagross may be non-shiny in-game, even though it was shiny both in the demo and the ME anime specials.
Steven does mention in the demo something along the lines of "maybe one day I'll pass this onto you", alluding to the shiny beldum event being his. Like one of the many beldum he raised and not his main partner or something.

shhhhhhhhhh guys let's not make this anime discussion thread

Steven does mention in the demo something along the lines of "maybe one day I'll pass this onto you", alluding to the shiny beldum event being his. Like one of the many beldum he raised and not his main partner or something.
Yeah for some reason this shiny metagross is being used as cross-promotion
the anime specials
the demo
the give away (obviously)
the tcg

probably other merch too!

The problem with giving out free 31s is that it excludes Hidden Power which many legendaries need. There will still be XY League to play if you want to use your RNG abused mons....probably its biggest draw if you don't want to spend forever soft resetting. Xerneas made me feel defeated after a week straight, fuck softresetting 20 some legends lol
I agree. This is why it sucks that they ban non Kalos caught pokemon in the big competitions... like what difference in the long run does it make if it was caught in Kalos or not? Gf should know by now that they can't stop cheaters, if people want to cheat they will find a way. Personally I'll only be soft resetting the Hoenn pokes and perhaps a few select others. I don't have the patience to spend hours on end soft resetting. Then again, if someone by some miracle discovers how to RNG in XY/ORAS I would be very happy.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well that and the mega evolution Act II special (the last few moments have a shot with all the new megas) earlier this month pretty much put the final nail in that coffin. Unfortunate but it is what it is, yet people will still post their mega milotic/flygon "leaks" and people will continue to fall for them. As far as the little trailer went, didn't find it as epic as the BW2 one just found it kind of cute with the few seconds of megas fighting vs each other being the best part.

While I do agree the chances of their being more Mega Evolutions in ORAS, the trailer(s) don't really put the nail in the coffin. The possibility is still there, even if extremely low.

So has there been any news on the Battle Frontier yet? And what about the tutor moves? This is what I'm particularly interested in.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm impatient for the Battle Frontier confirmation too. It's pretty much the final thing that determines whether or not this game would be the best in the series for me. I just hope they don't pull something like XY and make online battling the only relevant postgame.

I'm impatient for the Battle Frontier confirmation too. It's pretty much the final thing that determines whether or not this game would be the best in the series for me. I just hope they don't pull something like XY and make online battling the only relevant postgame.
Exactly how I feel. With a good Frontier, this game would literally be the best game ever imo. Without, still solid but potential to be so much better :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)