350 Cup

But what's faster than it, it outspeed likes 95% of the unboosted metagame...
There are a lot of viable scarfers out there...

you do realize abra runs shadow ball.
Talking about ghost type, I even like gastly more than abra. It has better typing, access to destiny bond(free kill), better moves in general and an immunity(levitate). Abra may have better stats and access to psyshock (if you want to wreck special walls), but imo gastly is better.

Abra isn't broken.
If you want to contribute to the discussion, can you please give reasons for your thinking and not just state things outright and expect people to agree with them?

Abra still has shit bulk, and anything faster will almost always OHKO.
Besides, if shit goes too crazy, MegaMom can turn Abra into a... Sucker (yeeeaaahahahah) by falcon punching it with priority: the bane of the Abra line.
As mentioned before, Abra is faster than just about the whole Metagame. Abra is also quite capable of bypassing priority with a MG focus sash, and despite Kangaskhan going through that, it doesn't make it not broken. Just because something can be checked does not mean it's not banworthy. I plan on banning things on factors such as whether they over-centralize the metagame (Abra), if they are capable of invalidating a playstyle (Cranidos), or if they are impossible to check / counter while still providing a constant threat (Gastly.)

But isn't banning all offensive threats going to lead to a meta that will be dominated by stall?
I don't like battles that take forever and neither does most of the people...

But isn't banning all offensive threats going to lead to a meta that will be dominated by stall?
I don't like battles that take forever and neither does most of the people...
we are by no means banning all offensive threats. Its also generally accepted by every smogmod that a defensively focused meta is less bad than an offensively focused one.

Important stuff

Abra, Cranidos, and Gastly are all banned.

Also, I've started a council with unfixable and kexmex (I don't know his smogon name). Decisions will be based on a simple majority in the council. If you want to join the council, just be a good presence in the thread, and knowledgable, and I will try to approach you.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Whoa whoa, i get an abra and cranidos ban, but why Gastly? In all honesty, its somewhat easy to wall, and it can't take any hits. It doesn't hit hard enough without life orb, and dies to a poke; while it often doesn't have the power to clean ohko stuff. IMO Gastly is a good cleaner, but not all that much better than greninja in OU, because it just can't OHKO a lot of mons.

Whoa whoa, i get an abra and cranidos ban, but why Gastly? In all honesty, its somewhat easy to wall, and it can't take any hits. It doesn't hit hard enough without life orb, and dies to a poke; while it often doesn't have the power to clean ohko stuff. IMO Gastly is a good cleaner, but not all that much better than greninja in OU, because it just can't OHKO a lot of mons.
Yeah, I don't get why either of them are banned. If there are alot of counters for them, then why are they considered overcentralizing. With previous argument I couldn't really figure out why, just that it is. Maybe someone could explain?

Yeah, I don't get why either of them are banned. If there are alot of counters for them, then why are they considered overcentralizing. With previous argument I couldn't really figure out why, just that it is. Maybe someone could explain?
Abra and Gastly don't have lots of counters. There is one pokemon that can successfully wall both of them (Drowzee), and it's beaten by specs Gastly.

Thunderbolt is learned by both of them.
252+ SpA Abra Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Kyogre Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abra in Rain: 297-351 (155.4 - 183.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Gastly Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre: 136-162 (33.6 - 40%) -- 32.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Kyogre Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gastly in Rain: 409-483 (203.4 - 240.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Abra Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 207-244 (60.5 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's with a sash, so kyogre only brings it to 1%.
252 SpA Abra Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mantyke: 232-276 (60.4 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So neither of it's counters can switch in, or even beat it one on one

Yeah, mmm, that's what it looks on paper, but strangely I have no trouble with it. And if you won't believe me: I don't think I can be 5th on the ladder without getting abra countered...

I'd say one counter is false but actually two counters: one HO(assvest stunky) one stally(drowzee). also abra doesnt learn thunderbolt but does get charge beam so if you really want to run a calc with an electric type move you have to use charge beam.

Yeah, I didn't look it up when TBK said it, but I already thought it was weird because I've always see them use energy ball, which is neutral on mantyke instead of 4x. And Stunky is indeed a hard counter to both abra and gastly. Now that they're both banned, I don't think he will be that good anymore. He has had it's time to shine.

I'd say one counter is false but actually two counters: one HO(assvest stunky) one stally(drowzee). also abra doesnt learn thunderbolt but does get charge beam so if you really want to run a calc with an electric type move you have to use charge beam.
Huh, I guess it's only Gastly that gets Tbolt. Still, that doesn't change whether the council find Abra broken or not.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Mega Ray is still a beast, and RP groudon is sexy as hell.

Mega Ray can rape the entire tier, beating fast and slow threats alike due to its massive coverage and power.

RP Groudon-P rips apart offensive teams with its insane speed, power, and coverage.

Groudon-P is A or A+
Mega Ray is A+ or S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)