Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 44 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I was trying to breed for a 5 iv Porygon (31/x/31/31/31/31) using a 6iv ditto from mostthe3rd's giveaway and since it was german it raised my chances of a shiny. anyways, long story short It hatched a shiny porygon, and my mouth dropped seeing that blue porygon. I immediately went to the iv checker to see it had Outstanding potential, with 31/31/x/x/x/31 (Bold). I don't think I can check it's specific ivs yet, I'll trying using metalkid's iv checker. so this might be hard to answer but how viable do you think it can be on battlespot (As a porygon 2). I'll update this later when I get exact ivs, thanks for any help, and reading this!

Edit: HP steel don't think that matters though.

Last edited:
Ok, so I was trying to breed for a 5 iv Porygon (31/x/31/31/31/31) using a 6iv ditto from mostthe3rd's giveaway and since it was german it raised my chances of a shiny. anyways, long story short It hatched a shiny porygon, and my mouth dropped seeing that blue porygon. I immediately went to the iv checker to see it had Outstanding potential, with 31/31/x/x/x/31 (Bold). I don't think I can check it's specific ivs yet, I'll trying using metalkid's iv checker. so this might be hard to answer but how viable do you think it can be on battlespot (As a porygon 2). I'll update this later when I get exact ivs, thanks for any help, and reading this!
Porygon 2 is viable, but yeah, we're going to need to know the Defense/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def IV before making judgements about that.

Edit: HP steel don't think that matters though.
If you're doing time machine, then wouldn't two of those x's be 0's?

If you're doing time machine, then wouldn't two of those x's be 0's?
I wasn't trying for a shiny. I've just been breeding 6iv ditto with a porygon, and after one of the children have better ivs than the parent I switch, and during this I encountered this shiny, and I don't even know what the time machine method is though.

edit: Also if a pokemon is shiny from my id, is there anyway to see my sv now without Keybv?

Last edited:
What the Hell is wrong with my 2 Pokemon? Ok, I made a team with a Politoed & Ludicolo core on OR/AS, but my Ludicolo never gets allowed to use Battle Spot. Same with a Zapdos I got today for a different team I'm making AND a Sylveon I have.
Why?
They all have blue pentagon. Non-hacked.
Movesets?

Ludicolo (Friend Ball) @ Assault Vest
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Zapdos (Ultra Ball) @ Safety Goggles
– Thunder Wave
– Thunderbolt
– Hidden Power [Ice]
– Roost

Sylveon (Love Ball) @ Leftovers
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice

Those movesets should be compatible with X/Y, right? Like, wth?

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What the Hell is wrong with my 2 Pokemon? Ok, I made a team with a Politoed & Ludicolo core on OR/AS, but my Ludicolo never gets allowed to use Battle Spot. Same with a Zapdos I got today for a different team I'm making AND a Sylveon I have.
Why?
They all have blue pentagon. Non-hacked.
Movesets?

Ludicolo (Friend Ball) @ Assault Vest
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Zapdos (Ultra Ball) @ Safety Goggles
– Thunder Wave
– Thunderbolt
– Hidden Power [Ice]
– Roost

Sylveon (Love Ball) @ Leftovers
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice

Those movesets should be compatible with X/Y, right? Like, wth?
Sylveon and Ludicolo ARE hacked, Love Ball Eevee and Friend Ball Lotad are impossible. Though Battle Spot doesn't check ball legality (at least I don't believe it does). Not sure about Zapdos.

Last edited:
Sylveon and Ludicolo ARE hacked, Love Ball Eevee and Friend Ball Lotad are impossible. Though Battle Spot doesn't check ball legality. Not sure about Zapdos.
What is hacked about them (besides the ball) so I can breed different ones and fix them? If Battle Spot doesn't check for legal PokeBalls, then idk...Sucks I gotta do all that EV training again and getting 5-6IVs... -sigh-

a0161613 Yes, they have the pentagon, as stated in my original question. I take it you saw that after you posted :p

What is hacked about them (besides the ball) so I can breed different ones and fix them? Sucks I gotta do all that EV training again and getting 5-6IVs... -sigh-

a0161613 Yes, they have the pentagon, as stated in my original question. I take it you saw that after you posted :p
Yeah I realised Tatertot had given a better/right answer. The problem is that they are technicallly hacked, even if you bred them in Gen VI, they came from an illegal combo.

What is hacked about them so I can breed different ones and fix them? Sucks I gotta do all that EV training again and getting 5-6IVs... -sigh-
We can't answer things like that here, it's against the rules. FYI just because something has the blue pentagon doesn't necessarilly mean that it's safe. Hacking is very common and can be easilly done (from what I hear).

Also I'm pretty sure that pokes bred from illegal pokemon are considered to be illegal themselves, even if they weren't hacked from scratch.

does dexnav chaining realy increase the shiny odds because I have had no luck yet and if it does by how much. i understand that I cant get exact data yet because its too early but I woould be happy with an indication

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is that a fact? Any source or what Battle Spot hack-checks for? I'm trying to not have any hacked Pokemon from people, lol.
You don't need to ask for confirmation of every answer. Once is plenty.

But yes, starting from scratch is the only sure-fire way to know you're not getting hacks. This includes not breeding from Pokémon given to you by others.
does dexnav chaining realy increase the shiny odds because I have had no luck yet and if it does by how much. i understand that I cant get exact data yet because its too early but I woould be happy with an indication
There was some information collected on this, which indicated that the chance of shiny is higher with DexNav in general, but unaffected by the length of the chain.

You don't need to ask for confirmation of every answer. Once is plenty.

But yes, starting from scratch is the only sure-fire way to know you're not getting hacks. This includes not breeding from Pokémon given to you by others.

There was some information collected on this, which indicated that the chance of shiny is higher with DexNav in general, but unaffected by the length of the chain.
so dexnav chaining isnt realy worth it because its useless for getting shinnies asside from making sure you keep encountering the same pokemon.

or am I missing something

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
so dexnav chaining isnt realy worth it because its useless for getting shinnies asside from making sure you keep encountering the same pokemon.

or am I missing something
Well... The empirical evidence suggests that using the DexNav at all increases your chance of a shiny appearing. So if you're using it, you might as well at least try and chain, since it minimises the amount of time between encounters of the same species.

There's also the other additional aids of DexNav such as the potential of Hidden Ability, the potential for up to 3 IVs guaranteed to 31, and the potential for egg moves to appear on wild Pokémon.

Well... The empirical evidence suggests that using the DexNav at all increases your chance of a shiny appearing. So if you're using it, you might as well at least try and chain, since it minimises the amount of time between encounters of the same species.

There's also the other additional aids of DexNav such as the potential of Hidden Ability, the potential for up to 3 IVs guaranteed to 31, and the potential for egg moves to appear on wild Pokémon.
yeah I know about the ivs and stuff but I collect shinies mostly for collecting because the chance of geting a normal pokemon with the 5 right ivs and nature are realy slim to begin with let alone a shiny the time it would take to get a perfect shiny pokemon is probatly more then the time you need to softreset multiple legends

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Hello Smogon.

From what I've read, this seems to be the most appropriate place to ask this.

Would anybody mind giving me a Ditto from X or Y? I hear that apparently, the rate at which eggs hatch are much faster if a Ditto is used from one of those games on ORAS, and I'd like to start getting into the competitive side of things soon. And it looks pretty difficult without eggs!

Hello Smogon.

From what I've read, this seems to be the most appropriate place to ask this.

Would anybody mind giving me a Ditto from X or Y? I hear that apparently, the rate at which eggs hatch are much faster if a Ditto is used from one of those games on ORAS, and I'd like to start getting into the competitive side of things soon. And it looks pretty difficult without eggs!
I would check out Buckert. Was kind enough to hook me up with the ditto I needed to get some breeding on the go (many thanks by the way). Just be sure to read his thread instructions carefully as I'm sure this guy gets heaps of requests and must be a task keeping track of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)