Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just got a Ho-Oh from SRing, its IVs are 30,31/31/30,31/14,15/9,10/4, should i use it (Not for Competive battling but just to EV train and stuff)?
If it's not for competitive battling, you can do whatever you want lol

So I noticed that by my profile picture when I enter forums on smogon there are three categories: messages, likes, and points. How do you earn points and what do they do?

So I noticed that by my profile picture when I enter forums on smogon there are three categories: messages, likes, and points. How do you earn points and what do they do?
Points are a feature that comes with the forum. They're impossible to get and don't do anything, though. (The only people with them are Super Moderators who gave themselves points for no particular reason.)

Minus

Adding onto what Uselesscrab said, some other websites that use the same forum software (Xenforo) might use trophy points (like PO iirc). It's just a featur that was coded into Xenforo, and Smogon chose to use the badge system over it.

does anyone know where the tutor profile page is? i need to find one quick since i was applying for the bttling 101 things

kinda meant the mentor profiles but I found it so yeah. does anyone know how long it will take to reply though?

Minus

kinda meant the mentor profiles but I found it so yeah. does anyone know how long it will take to reply though?
I'm not sure what you mean? If you PM someone or use the help form, it'll take maybe a day or two depending on how busy the other person is.

"Do some exercise" gives how much ev? (oras)
I cant get reset bags for the hex of it and my arms are dead from tapping so much! Need. Answer now >w<!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Do some exercise" gives how much ev? (oras)
I cant get reset bags for the hex of it and my arms are dead from tapping so much! Need. Answer now >w<!
i looked online just now and I couldn't find the answer. the best way probably to find out would to record your pokemon's stats before and after the exercise thing and then see the difference with the serebii calculator.

*sigh* Are there any good places on smogon I can learn about competitive battling, aside from battling 101? No, I cannot post in RMT, because my team is the one I played through the game with! Please tell me there is some sort of alternative!

Minus

*sigh* Are there any good places on smogon I can learn about competitive battling, aside from battling 101? No, I cannot post in RMT, because my team is the one I played through the game with! Please tell me there is some sort of alternative!
Have you ever heard of Pokemon Showdown? It's Smogon's battling simulator. The best way to learn more is to dive right in. I'm assuming you're trying to learn OU? You should check out the viability rankings thread to see which Pokemon are better than others within that tier.

Have you ever heard of Pokemon Showdown? It's Smogon's battling simulator. The best way to learn more is to dive right in. I'm assuming you're trying to learn OU? You should check out the viability rankings thread to see which Pokemon are better than others within that tier.
Are you sure that showdown is the right way for me to learn? I have absolute zero experience at every aspect of competitive play, aside from actual battles. I cannot teambuild, do not know tiers, etc. Not trying to learn OverUsed either, or any tier for that matter. Just trying to learn anything I can get my hands on, specifically the absolute fundamentals and basics. Not gonna bother with viability rankings either, as I've stated why earlier.

I would prefer an up-close, hands-on approach yes, and I know showdown would be great in that aspect, but I just want to make sure that it will work for me before I try. Because apparently you need a separate account for showdown as far as I know, so I want to make sure I will use it.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking so much. All of this stuff is kind of overwhelming to me.

Also, showdown has a chat feature right?

Minus

Are you sure that showdown is the right way for me to learn? I have absolute zero experience at every aspect of competitive play, aside from actual battles. I cannot teambuild, do not know tiers, etc. Not trying to learn OverUsed either, or any tier for that matter. Just trying to learn anything I can get my hands on, specifically the absolute fundamentals and basics. Not gonna bother with viability rankings either, as I've stated why earlier.

I would prefer an up-close, hands-on approach yes, and I know showdown would be great in that aspect, but I just want to make sure that it will work for me before I try. Because apparently you need a separate account for showdown as far as I know, so I want to make sure I will use it.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking so much. All of this stuff is kind of overwhelming to me.

You can't learn without getting your hands dirty! Just try your hand at whatever. You have to help yourself before you can ask others for some. Just try and pick out Pokemon you like, and use them. Also, you should check out this archive of battling guides!

just wanted to ask where the VM wall for the B101 tutors are? Im kinda late and im tryna find some tutors so yea. thx for the help guys! \(≧▽≦)/

Minus

just wanted to ask where the VM wall for the B101 tutors are? Im kinda late and im tryna find some tutors so yea. thx for the help guys! \(≧▽≦)/
That's not how finding tutors works n_n. At the beginning of every month, a sign-up thread is posted in the Battling 101 subforum. From there, you can apply for a tutor! Here's the schedule.

Dude, i know exactly how you feel.

hello all,
I'm trying to breed a bulbasaur using two as its parents. Can i get an offspring with its hidden ability if neither of its parents have the chlorophyll?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)