Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How long does it typically take smogon to make the tier shifts happen in pokemon showdown?
Depends on the admins, most of the time its one day, two /at most extreme cases/

it depends on when the admins see the bans/realize them and apply them on PS

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
what is the B+ set on Druddigon?
There is no one set that makes Druddigon B+.

However, the best set is along the lines of:

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch / Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

Other moves such as Stealth Rock and Iron Tail are viable.

How is Hitmonchan still RU, it can't hold a candle to even one of RUs heavy wallbreaker fighting types, let alone 4 of them now that medicham is in the tier.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How is Hitmonchan still RU, it can't hold a candle to even one of RUs heavy wallbreaker fighting types, let alone 4 of them now that medicham is in the tier.
Inexperienced people can be fooled by its looks, and certain youtubers who are very popular release videos of them using the Pokemon, despite it being bad, and said inexperienced players think that it's good because they're using it...

It's very stupid how largely those famous youtubers affect the tiers.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It shouldn't be RU; you're totally right, it's completely outclassed. However, the RU ladder has a lot of new players, and they gravitate towards using Hitmonchan due to its exposure on Youtube. Hope this answered your question!

It should be noted than in the last tier shift Hitmonchan was very low and barely missed the drop. As such, it may probably finally drop in the May tier shift(huehue).
Ambipom is a much bigger issue tbf, as unlike Hitmonchan which is garbage against everything and basically only manages to keep its usage because a youtuber is spamming it, Ambipom tends to fare pretty well against players who have no clue of what they're doing, and as such. I still hope both will eventually drop to a tier where they will actually be decent, after all if Claydol dropped everything is possible.

| 32 | Ambipom | 6.781% |
| 58 | Hitmonchan | 3.446% |

Since Durant moved up to A+ rank in the viability rankings, I was wondering what the best set is for it. I know of banded and hone claws, but are there any others? I've seen some people mention scarfed, but I wasn't sure if that's actually a thing or just some random people using it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Since Durant moved up to A+ rank in the viability rankings, I was wondering what the best set is for it. I know of banded and hone claws, but are there any others? I've seen some people mention scarfed, but I wasn't sure if that's actually a thing or just some random people using it.
Scarf is more of a thing than Band

What is a viable nature, EV spread and move set for scarfed rotom-c? I'm thinking volt switch, leaf storm, HP rock and trick for the moves.

What is a viable nature, EV spread and move set for scarfed rotom-c? I'm thinking volt switch, leaf storm, HP rock and trick for the moves.
Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

The best Rotom-C Set looks like this. Wisp can be used over Trick though.

Would rotom fan be more viable due to fighting types in RU?

Whats the best use for dustox?

Assault vest lanturn decent?

Sorry for the questions ..

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would rotom fan be more viable due to fighting types in RU?

Whats the best use for dustox?

Assault vest lanturn decent?

Sorry for the questions ..
Rotom-fan is viable, but Rotom-mow is better because it has a more powerful secondary stab that beats ground types, and isn't weak to SR.

Dustox is horrible and should never be used.

Lanturn's best set has heal bell and either protect or toxic, it also needs leftovers to not get worn down super fast. AV Lanturn is pretty bad.

I usually play ou mixed but I wanted to use some more variety so I decided to try some RU. Please bare with me as I will have a bunch of questions.

Is bastiodon any good?

Is av cryagonal good?

Evolite marril viable?

What nature and EV spread would be best for mega camerupt?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I usually play ou mixed but I wanted to use some more variety so I decided to try some RU. Please bare with me as I will have a bunch of questions.

Is bastiodon any good?

Is av cryagonal good?

Evolite marril viable?

What nature and EV spread would be best for mega camerupt?
No, no, and no (to bastiodon / AV Cryogonal / Marill)

Bastiodon is outclassed by pretty much every single steel and rock type, Marill even with Eviolite has atrocious defenses thanks to its sub par stats, and Cryogonal may be viable as a Pokemon (albeit not much), but you're much better off using anything but AV in order to use Recover.

Mega Camerupt should use a Calm nature and an EV spread of: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe or a Bold nature with the same spread except 176 EVs in Def.

A modest nature and Max special attack works as well, there is a lot of leighway.

The 84 Speed outpaces uninvested base 30 Pokemon such as Slowking and Aromatisse.

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
its fun

in actual seriousness, name me a competitive Pokemon site that doesn't do this, but that has its own tiering system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)