The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE won't even be raising the banner on opening night if Brady is suspended imo.

(Unless Robert Kraft wants some serious backlash from pats fans)

Also turning over your phone to a "independent" investigator over .6 PSI in footballs is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NE won't even be raising the banner on opening night if Brady is suspended imo.

(Unless Robert Kraft wants some serious backlash from pats fans)

Also turning over your phone to a "independent" investigator over .6 PSI in footballs is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
So he was supposed to do what, refuse? That would further incriminate him and only make things worse. Yes it's .6 PSI, but it's the principle of it all. They're investigating cheating period, regardless of how much impact it had. The smartest thing Brady could do was cooperate fully with the investigation.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Of course you refuse why the fuck shouldn't he refuse? They already have all his texts between him and the two equipment guys from their phones what possible need do they have to access the rest of his personal messages that have literally NO reasonable bearing on the case?

And he sat down for a 5 and a half hour interrogation by wells about all of the evidence that came out in the report. What more does he HAVE to do before we can say "yeah that's a reasonable amount of cooperation".

The logic that "the ONLY reason you wouldn't cooperate with every demand of an investigator is because you're lying" is just fucking awful.

And just for bonus absurdity waterbomb, you ask Brady to "cooperate fully" with every demand of an investigation for CHEATING in a SPORT. Nigga, SERIAL KILLERS have a more reasonable expectation of privacy than you're asking of Brady here.

This NFL fascism defense is real rn.

So he was supposed to do what, refuse? That would further incriminate him and only make things worse. Yes it's .6 PSI, but it's the principle of it all. They're investigating cheating period, regardless of how much impact it had. The smartest thing Brady could do was cooperate fully with the investigation.
Ridiculous

An Entire day of testimony is more than enough. I've seen many say that others cooperated fully with other NFL investigations which is misleading. Handing over your personal phone is much different than handing over league phone (which Goodell & many in league office did during the Mueller report)

And Brett Farve not handing over his phone is completely different as well because it was basically an investigation into his phone lol.

They've seen every text from every Patriot's employee's work phone, if Brady texted anyone in the organization they'd know about it.

I keep hearing that "this isn't a court of law" in regards to league discipline in this matter, (regarding the more probable than not) if that's true Brady has no obligation to turn over his phone because this isn't a "court of law."

If you want someone's phone records you better bring a goddamn subpoena end of story.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want someone's phone records you better bring a goddamn subpoena end of story.
Which is exactly what they would have done if he were uncooperative. Sure, Brady could have technically resisted and they couldn't have forced his phone from him, but that would have simply made them more suspicious and caused them to go to further lengths to get what they want. Brady simply recognized that being uncooperative would only delay the inevitable and make the entire process more tedious and difficult than it needed to be. He also, by being compliant, cast himself in a much more favorable light with the investigator and league and likely minimized the incoming punishment.

Lol Goodell can't be serious, can he? I'm biased, but 4 games (fine, whatever) $1 million dollar fine, a 1st in 2016 AND a 4th in 2017? Holy shit.
Circumstantial evidence works wonders in the court of public opinion these days.......Now the question is what it gets knocked down to after Kraft/Brady appeals.

I'm just sitting here wondering why deflating your own team's footballs is a 1st and a 4th while pumping in crowd noise on the other team is worth a 5th round pick.

I wouldn't say I was ever on the Patriots' side with this, but this is probably the worst thing that Goodell's ever done (which is pretty impressive)

Put bounties on the Colts players week 5

1,000,000 for Andrew Luck's head
You don't want Belicheat to be suspended do you? Then don't pull a Sean Payton :^)
In all seriousness though, I'm really glad they got disciplined but it was a bit harsh. Imo I would've done
"Tom Brady suspended for the first 2 games of the 2015 NFL regular season. The club was also fined $25,000 and will forfeit their 2016 NFL Draft secound round pick." or something like that. Let's see how much ass Robert Kraft has to kiss to reduce the suspension.
Also fuck Goodell for making us play a fresh Brady in Week 5

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Which is exactly what they would have done if he were uncooperative. Sure, Brady could have technically resisted and they couldn't have forced his phone from him, but that would have simply made them more suspicious and caused them to go to further lengths to get what they want. Brady simply recognized that being uncooperative would only delay the inevitable and make the entire process more tedious and difficult than it needed to be. He also, by being compliant, cast himself in a much more favorable light with the investigator and league and likely minimized the incoming punishment.
Did you just say that bullshit? Did you even read half of what they said?

"x person doesn't hand over their phone, therefore they are guilty" is shitty logic and they already said that. You also completely contradict yourself by saying he is uncooperative and then say he did cooperate and as a result cast himself in a more favorable light.

This is by far the dumbest thing goddell has EVER done. Deflating footballs is tampering and only a fine. Brady is going to appeal the shit out of this and god damn i guarantee he will win. If there is any justice in this world he won't, but sorry, there isn't any justice, this is completely out of place and utter bullshit. Sorry you wasted your fucking money on a giant investigation that garnered the exact same result everybody said it would: we think he did it but don't have enough evidence to confirm it. If you don't believe they don't have enough evidence, just take one fucking look at one of the myriad articles on the internet that show the wells report being biased and sometimes even illogical. Apparently goodell things he can just suspend the shit out of brady and make people think the investigation was worthwhile.

Goodell needs to shut the fuck up.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
You're right the absolute ridiculous over punishment of an equipment tampering infraction is not even close to the absolute ridiculous under punishment of a player knocking out his wife and dragging her unconscious body around.

The fact that you can juxtapose the two as bookends for a single season on the other hand is just staggering.

You're right the absolute ridiculous over punishment of an equipment tampering infraction is not even close to the absolute ridiculous under punishment of a player knocking out his wife and dragging her unconscious body around.

The fact that you can juxtapose the two as bookends for a single season on the other hand is just staggering.
I think the punishment is justified but I feel like it's too severe. Like I said before, it is a clear infraction of the integrity of the NFL but a simple 2 game suspension and a fine would've been a decent punishment imo. Not losing draft picks and a fucking 1 million dollar fine.
http://nesn.com/2015/05/agent-tom-brady-will-appeal-four-game-suspension-for-deflategate/ Brady's gonna win the appeal anyway so cut it down to 2 games already tbh >.<

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
"x person doesn't hand over their phone, therefore they are guilty" is shitty logic and they already said that. You also completely contradict yourself by saying he is uncooperative and then say he did cooperate and as a result cast himself in a more favorable light.
I never said any of that. I said he WAS cooperative, because he knew that being uncooperative would only make him APPEAR more suspicious. I also said suspicious, I did not say he was more guilty or not guilty. You imply I didn't read something, then you turn around and don't properly read my post. Who is contradicting themselves now?

EDIT: I see they just announced Brady suspended 4 games, fined $1mil and the team loses a 2016 first rounder and 2017 fourth rounder. Words cannot express how idiotic and ridiculously over the top this is. Goodell is just making an example of Brady and the Pats to assert his own power, and it's sickening.

Last edited:
I haven't said much about Deflategate, mostly because I'm a Dolphins fan, so people will think I'm biased no matter what I say. (Also because the discussions about it were fucking annoying and I honestly stopped caring about it for awhile) For what it's worth, I would rather he not be suspended, because I would want the Dolphins to win the division with the Patriots at full strength. That being said, I was expecting a 2-4 game suspension for Brady, and in my opinion, if you think it should be more or less, you're showing your bias either way. Though, I do think the rest of the punishments is over-the-top. I'm not entirely sure what it should be, but holy crap that's insane...

Though, I wonder how much the Patriots being a repeat offender plays into this? Yes, I'm talking about spygate and before you Pats fans start foaming at the mouth for me bringing it up, I'm only bringing it up because it did happen and because it did, I wonder how much it influence this. Yeah I know some of it is public opinion and Goodell being Goodell, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Though, I wonder how much the Patriots being a repeat offender plays into this? Yes, I'm talking about spygate and before you Pats fans start foaming at the mouth for me bringing it up, I'm only bringing it up because it did happen and because it did, I wonder how much it influence this. Yeah I know some of it is public opinion and Goodell being Goodell, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-two-draft-choices-as-deflategate-punishment/
"This time, Vincent wrote to the Patriots that their “prior record” was a factor in the penalties, citing the 2007 sanctions." So I'd assume that most of the harsh penalties were due to being repeat offenders because losing a first and a fourth AND a million dollar fine AND a 4 game suspension for the debated GOAT QB is a little much if not for Spygate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-two-draft-choices-as-deflategate-punishment/
"This time, Vincent wrote to the Patriots that their “prior record” was a factor in the penalties, citing the 2007 sanctions." So I'd assume that most of the harsh penalties were due to being repeat offenders because losing a first and a fourth AND a million dollar fine AND a 4 game suspension for the debated GOAT QB is a little much if not for Spygate.
Okay, the article I read didn't mention that.

So yeah I get that, but I still think it's too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)