Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got another nice core for you guys.

Mega Diancie+ Kyurem+Black Offensive Core

This is a really badass core right here. Kyurem-b and diancie have extremely good offensive synergy overall. Kyurem remove things like mega venu and amoongus which are common hard stops to mega diancie while diancie checks talonflame which can annoy kyurem black. Also thanks to earth power and fusion bolt kyurem black can handle mons like heatran and skarmory which while heatran is not that big of a issue for mega diancie skarmory can be a pain to deal with as sp.def variants have iron head just for her. Oh right mega diancie can remove faster dragons for kyurem-black as they trouble him. Magic bounce is also really nice as it reflects back the rocks that kyurem hates so much while also preventing mons from burning or para'ing him. Defensive wise the synergy is not horrible but its also not worth mentioning. Overall this core can have issues with cm clefable so unless you put iron head on kyu-b a fairy check is really important so somthing along the line of offensive heatran works nice in that regard. Starmie works nice as well as latios as they can remove hazards as mega diancie wont be able to always bounce them back. volt turn users such as scizor, tornadus-t, landot, raikou and rotom-w work nice with these two giving them more chances to switch in but mind the ground weakness if you use raikou. Chestnaught is a pretty solid defensive partner for these two as well as ferrothorn as they can handle either steels or check mega loppuny while also being able to set spikes or rocks. hazard stacking is a really good option to go when using this core allowing kyurem and diancie to land some crucial ko's. i cant stress this enough but: BRING A STEEL LIKE MAGNEZONE OR HEATRAN. Seriously you need to use one of those two as steels just destroy this core. 36 atk evs on mega diancie to ohko zapdos at full. Speed on kyu-b to speed creep max speed heatran rest dumped into attack.

Diamond Ice (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Protect / Hidden Power Fire
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Gregor (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 238 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Roost / Iron Head / Hidden Power Fire

Last edited:
Got bored again so made another core that ive been enjoying alot lately.

Mega Gallade Offensive core

The idea is pretty simple, lead with garchomp and set rocks then start breaking teams with these two pokemon that are heavily unprepared for. Garchomps other role is to spunge hits and wear down the opponent, Namely Lopunny mega. Gallade is not your typical hose-hold cat, it can hurt your team quite severely if you dont prepare for it with its new 110 speed tier and a amazing attack stat of 165 with some decent defenses to go along. And then there's weavile, little rascal that it is, this is about as anti-meta as you can get with its amazing STAB combination of Dark and Ice and a Life Orb boosted 120 attack stat to pair with its 125 speed tier its a very real threat to both offense and balance. Finally there's garchomp, a forgottten and often unprepared for lead set, quite classical. Still does its job properly, set rocks, SD up and start weakening teams.

As i will do with all of my cores from now on ill go a little bit more in dept

Gallade Mega

Gallade is one of the most uprepared for and most unloved Mega evolutions at the moment, and all of this due to the fact that Lopunny slightly outclasses it as a physical fighting type, the fact that Rocky Helmet Garchomp lurks around every corner doesnt help it either. And yet it can still put in work as your calssical wall-breaker/ Swords Dance sweeper, why does this qualify as a wall breaker you ask? ah yes let me explain, it has 165 attack. this rounds down to an attack stat of 429 if JOLLY, for those of you that are questioning Gallades wall breaking potential, it has a 120 Base attack STAB attack with good offensive coverage called Close Combat, it also has acces to Zen Headbutt and Knock Off, quite the threat when you look at it from this point of view isnt it. It also has a base speed tier of 110, which helps it speed tie most offensive threats in the current metagame.
Weavile

Dark and Ice coverage provides you with unresisted coverage, yes, unresisted. Pair this with Life Orb and the fact that it gets a STAB Knock Off, one of the best moves in the game at the moment, and Ice Shard which hits most fast offensive pokemon that might outspeed it and youre golden. It has Icicle Crash too, a 85 base power STAB move with a chance to flinch the opponent, it can however miss so Ice Punch is also a really nice option. Low Kick is to hit common threats like Bisharp or Tyranitar which would be able to check it otherwise. Its also blazingly fast if i forgot to mention that, with a base speed tier of 125 it outspeeds most of the metagame with ease, it even outspeeds common scarfed pokemon like Tyranitar.

Garchomp

This is perhaps the most under-rated Garchomp set out there at the moment, it doesnt do the job that your typical lead Garchomp does nowadays but it still does a very good job of wearing down the opponent, just in a more offensive way. It has a base attack stat of 130 with strong STAB moves like Outrage and Earthquake to pair with Swords Dance, it can also set rocks as you might have noticed lately, which is neat. It also has a neat speed tier of 102, which allows it to not have to worry about getting outsped by pokemon like Gardevoir Mega or Kyurem Black but most of all: Landorus Incarnate. Sash is to secure rocks or to let you take hits you wouldnt be able to live otherwise, like against a Mega Diancie.

Importable:
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Last edited:

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
16 atk evs on mega diancie to ohko zapdos at full. Speed on kyu-b to speed creep max speed heatran rest dumped into attack.
This is a common misconception, but you actually need 36 atk EVs to guarantee the KO on 176 Def Zapdos (which runs enough special atk to KO Mega Pinsir):

16 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 282-332 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

16 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

36 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 288-338 (75.1 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Not sure how many defensive EVs Zapdos runs though.

So, here's a core of mine bludz told me to post.

Offensive Core: Mega-Manectric + Weavile

All right, so both Mega-Manectric and Weavile are quite anti-meta at the moment. They possess amazing speed tiers and share some great offensive synergy by virtue of their ability to handle a number of each other's checks. Mega-Manectric is checked by common pokemon such as Scarf Lando-T, the Latis, Hippowdon, and Chansey, while Weavile is checked by Waters (Keldeo and Azumarill) and fat steels (Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory). As you can see, Weavile beats pretty much all of Mane's checks, and Mane beats most of Weavile's checks, so they form a solid offensive core. The core fits well on offensive teams and appreciates hazard removal - offensive Starmie in particular is a great partner - other good partners would include secondary answers to the things Mane can't always quite handle on its own, stuff like Talonflame and Azu. The core can also thrive on hazard stacking teams because of the number of switches each mon forces and the fact that they can take out most hazards removers with ease bar Excadrill - offensive Tspikes Dragalge is a good partner for hazard stacking and Azu is a good partner to revenge Excadrill.

PS: Sorry for my unnecessarily complicated sentence structure.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower / Overheat

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit / Low Kick / Swords Dance

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
AD impish john has returned with another ORAS OU Core: The Bunny that Tamed the Dragon Ft. Mega Lopunny and Hydreigon

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch/Ice Punch
- Frustration/Return
- High Jump Kick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

The story behind this is simple. While messing around trying to find good partners with Mega Lopunny I found that Hydreigon makes a good partner as its immune to Psychic type one of Lopunnys weaknesses. Lopunny lures in Ferrothorn, so switching into Hydreigon then hitting it with Fire Blast is nice to have without being worried of missing a HJK or taking recoil from Iron Barbs. Lopunny being a fast can easily sweep teams by setting up a Power Up Punch, then attacking Frustration/Return or HJK dealing massive damage to opponents. If you like to play it safe/predict in Landorus-Therian you can replace Power Up Punch with Ice Punch giving massive damage to it. Hydreigon is very underrated Pokemon as it can hit with hard with its nice special attack and Life Orb. Flash Cannon can is to hit fairy type switch ins dealing some damage to them. Also because this core has a weakness to Fairy type you will want to have a Steel type Pokemon. I hope you like this core, and if I did anything wrong I shall fix it Have a nice day ^_^

AD impish john has returned with another ORAS OU Core: The Bunny that Tamed the Dragon Ft. Mega Lopunny and Hydreigon

The story behind this is simple. While messing around trying to find good partners with Mega Lopunny I found that Hydreigon makes a good partner as its immune to Psychic type one of Lopunnys weaknesses. Lopunny lures in Ferrothorn, so switching into Hydreigon then hitting it with Fire Blast is nice to have without being worried of missing a HJK or taking recoil from Iron Barbs. Lopunny being a fast can easily sweep teams by setting up a Power Up Punch, then attacking Frustration/Return or HJK dealing massive damage to opponents. If you like to play it safe/predict in Landorus-Therian you can replace Power Up Punch with Ice Punch giving massive damage to it. Hydreigon is very underrated Pokemon as it can hit with hard with its nice special attack and Life Orb. Flash Cannon can is to hit fairy type switch ins dealing some damage to them. Also because this core has a weakness to Fairy type you will want to have a Steel type Pokemon. I hope you like this core, and if I did anything wrong I shall fix it Have a nice day ^_^
How exactly does Mega Lop lure in Ferrothorn when Ferrothorn is weak to its STAB? And why do you need that Ice Punch to hit Lando-T when Return 2HKOes Scarf Lando after Rocks while Defensive variants straight up lose to Hydreigon? And apart from Unaware Clefable, I struggle to think of any Fairies that like to eat a +1 or +2 Return, especially mid-game and late-game.

postin a core inspired by zard y+gliscor back in xy

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SDef / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Acrobatics

this core is a balance core. zard y is an extremely powerful wallbreaker capable of destroying most balance builds with an extremely powerful fire blast and coverage. sd gliscor is capable of beating most other balance teams and some stall teams with sd. together, they form a good balance foundation. gliscor switches into thunderbolts and stone edges that zard hates and appreciates the sun to weaken otherwise super effective water hits. zard y breaks skarmory, bulky waters, lando-t and other things that prevent sd gliscor from beating teams. on the offensive end, sd gliscor beats chansey, sdef talonflame, beats sdef zard x most of the time, and sets up on and eventually beats defensive variants of mega altaria, allowing zard y to break balance teams.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi

Offensive Core: Reuniclus + Crawdaunt (Trick Room)

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
I don't build a lot of Trick room teams but under the right circumstances these two can put in a ton of work when backed up by two TR setters, a wall-breaker or two paired up for offensive coverage and some consistent Trick Room setters. 3 attacks / Recover Reuniclus under Trick Room functions sort of like a fatter Alakazam with this set in terms of coverage. I have Recover for the sake of longevity so I'm sure there's other unexplored options that can be used for team effectiveness. Crawdaunt is pretty standard this set has Lum Berry so I wouldn't be hindered by status from the likes of Klefki and general scald burns. Can use Life Orb or something like Blackglasses / Mystic Water. For the sake of context I use this core with M-Abomasnow and Escavalier with Diancie and Audino as Trick room setters.

Defensive Core: Utility M-Sableye + Calm Mind Slowbro

CallMePapi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snatch

Tele (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
I've been using CM Slowbro for a little while now on a variety of builds but I personally think this along with the team it's associated with is my favorite to use the set on. M-Sableye is primarily pressured by Clefable first and foremost, Magic Guard primarily. CM Slowbro gives you a way outside of Thunder Wave Clefable shenanigans to bypass this due to the nature of Psyshock. I originally had Reuniclus before which can theoretically work as well but Slowbro helps M-Sableye out by providing a Keldeo and general water switch-in since it's annoyed by Scald burns. Once again for context to give you somewhat of a theoretical idea of where I'm using this core on its with TSpikes offensive Dragalge, Scarf Exca, Physically Defensive Heatran, Poison Heal SD Breloom.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi

Offensive Core: Reuniclus + Crawdaunt (Trick Room)

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
I don't build a lot of Trick room teams but under the right circumstances these two can put in a ton of work when backed up by two TR setters, a wall-breaker or two paired up for offensive coverage and some consistent Trick Room setters. 3 attacks / Recover Reuniclus under Trick Room functions sort of like a fatter Alakazam with this set in terms of coverage. I have Recover for the sake of longevity so I'm sure there's other unexplored options that can be used for team effectiveness. Crawdaunt is pretty standard this set has Lum Berry so I wouldn't be hindered by status from the likes of Klefki and general scald burns. Can use Life Orb or something like Blackglasses / Mystic Water. For the sake of context I use this core with M-Abomasnow and Escavalier with Diancie and Audino as Trick room setters.

Defensive Core: Utility M-Sableye + Calm Mind Slowbro

CallMePapi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snatch

Tele (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
I've been using CM Slowbro for a little while now on a variety of builds but I personally think this along with the team it's associated with is my favorite to use the set on. M-Sableye is primarily pressured by Clefable first and foremost, Magic Guard primarily. CM Slowbro gives you a way outside of Thunder Wave Clefable shenanigans to bypass this due to the nature of Psyshock. I originally had Reuniclus before which can theoretically work as well but Slowbro helps M-Sableye out by providing a Keldeo and general water switch-in since it's annoyed by Scald burns. Once again for context to give you somewhat of a theoretical idea of where I'm using this core on its with TSpikes offensive Dragalge, Scarf Exca, Physically Defensive Heatran, Poison Heal SD Breloom.

Enjoy.
I might be dumb, but what is the point of snatch on mega sableye over metal burst or foul play?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I might be dumb, but what is the point of snatch on mega sableye over metal burst or foul play?
robs certain support moves from opposing mons. Set up moves, recovery moves things like that in tandem with hazards / burns which Dragalge provides TSpikes with. Think about a burned Mega Venusaur or Mandibuzz trying to heal themselves. Using snatch on the turn they'll heal will steal their recovery move for yourself. Or yesterday a Thundurus trying to set up Nasty Plot on me and then I used Snatch to steal it and as such forced it to attack so it can't clean the team with boosted power. That's the purpose of it really.

First time posting a core here. If it's not to your liking, please place my severed head in the appropriate waste receptacle on the way out.

Balance Core: Mega-Swampert + Dragalge + Ferrothorn

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

M-Swamp, when it's used in OU, is almost exclusively seen on Rain teams as a sweeper, being able to outrun things like M-Sceptile in the rain. This set, on the other hand, isn't meant to be used in rain at all - rather, this functions just fine outside of it by systematically sticking its meaty fists in the collective eye sockets of OU's scariest balance-breaking threats, such as Landorus-I, Gengar, CM Clefable, even LO Kyu-B. (Creds to Soulgazer for posting this in the Creative Sets thread.)

This thing is a goddamn monster, even being able to patch up its uninvested (but still obscenely high base) Defense and Attack stats with Curse, turning Swampert into a sweeper that becomes incredibly difficult to revenge-kill. RestTalk is the only recovery this set has access too, and it does its job splendidly; being immune to status makes Rotom-W, Gengar, Clefable and quite a few other status-spreaders setup bait. An interesting little bonus Swampert has is in it's ability, Damp, allowing it to stop Explosion Azelf or Lando-T pre-mega.

Still, Swampert has massive troubles with anything that so much as spits something remotely Grass-type in its direction, including things like Charizard-Y, Solar Beam lure Heatran and Energy Ball Manaphy. It also has issues with things that don't care much about Water-type attacks or boosting, like Unaware Clefable, Toxicroak and Ferrothorn. This is where Dragalge shines, as it steps all over the 'mons mentioned (except maybe +3 Ice Beam/Psychic Manaphy).

Toxic Spikes makes Swampert's job infinitely easier, wearing down many painful threats that otherwise may drag Swampert into a PP-stalling match. Sludge Wave straight-up murders almost every Fairy-type in the game, and Draco Meteor threatens out virtually anything it can take a hit from, capable of denting Steel-types severely if it has to. Focus Blast makes short work of Ferrothorn, as well as other Steel or Dark-types, providing even more opportunities for Swampert to sweep.

Tough as the other two may be, they can get easily worn down by offense if carefully played around (though 1 Curse from Swampert makes that very hard for physical threats like CB Talonflame or Azumarill). Ferrothorn, on the other hand, deals with offensive threats quite well, being able to stonewall them out of a revenge-kill situation, set up SR to compliment TSpikes, and possibly even set up Leech Seed for the rest of the potential team (especially Dragalge) to abuse.

Thunder Wave further improves your matchup against Offense, crippling fast threats like M-Lopunny (as long as it's not the turn it mega-evolves on, due to Limber), Talonflame, Charizard-X/-Y, and Tornadus-T.

Threats to this core include Serperior, Adamant LO Excadrill (if you run the current Ferro set), Ice Beam Manaphy (if you run 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD on Ferro to deal with Excadrill), and Taunt + Spikes in general. A spinner/defogger is highly appreciated to help this core avoid heavy hazard damage, and faster threats like Talonflame can make short work of conventional Taunt users like Gengar. GK M-Meta is also a problem, so things like Scarf Lando-T, Raikou and Skarmory are all very good checks that synergize well.

This core is also very, very slow, and highly appreciates VoltTurn support to get it in, especially from fast things that don't enjoy taking heavy hits, like Raikou, Thundurus and Tornadus-T. A second win-condition can be paired with M-Swamp for immense pressure on the opponent, but be prudent in your choices so as to not leave vulnerabilities to the threats above.

For reference's sake, I've pulled some M-Swamp calcs from the Creative Sets thread and placed them here, so that you don't have to go looking for them.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 153-183 (37.8 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 67-79 (16.5 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO

+2 0 Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 81-96 (20 - 23.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 112-133 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 123-145 (30.4 - 35.8%) -- 45.3% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 46-55 (11.3 - 13.6%) -- possible 8HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 114-136 (28.2 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 136-161 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 157-187 (38.8 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

A little addendum/corollary to this core: Theoretically, you could change this into a weather core by simply changing Swampert to its standard offensive set, then slap on Politoed + Kingdra + Rapid Spin Kabutops and call it a day. I don't have much experience with rain teams, so take this theory with a grain of salt. However, give it a shot if it interests you.

Last edited:
First time posting a core here. If it's not to your liking, please place my severed head in the appropriate waste receptacle on the way out.

Balance Core: Mega-Swampert + Dragalge + Ferrothorn

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes
How does this core deal with Mega Metagross? Grass Knot 2HKOes Mega Pert, Hammer Arm will 2HKO Ferro with a little prior damage while Dragalge is OHKOed with Zen Headbutt

How does this core deal with Mega Metagross? Grass Knot 2HKOes Mega Pert, Hammer Arm will 2HKO with a little prior damage while Dragalge is OHKOed with Zen Headbutt
You sort of answered your own question there; it doesn't do well against GK MMeta, though it hard counters any set without GK. My best bet is to TWave it and have something else deal with it, but the core by itself loses to GK MMeta. I'll edit my post in the morning with teammate options that cover it.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
So, here's a core of mine bludz told me to post.

Offensive Core: Mega-Manectric + Weavile

All right, so both Mega-Manectric and Weavile are quite anti-meta at the moment. They possess amazing speed tiers and share some great offensive synergy by virtue of their ability to handle a number of each other's checks. Mega-Manectric is checked by common pokemon such as Scarf Lando-T, the Latis, Hippowdon, and Chansey, while Weavile is checked by Waters (Keldeo and Azumarill) and fat steels (Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory). As you can see, Weavile beats pretty much all of Mane's checks, and Mane beats most of Weavile's checks, so they form a solid offensive core. The core fits well on offensive teams and appreciates hazard removal - offensive Starmie in particular is a great partner - other good partners would include secondary answers to the things Mane can't always quite handle on its own, stuff like Talonflame and Azu. The core can also thrive on hazard stacking teams because of the number of switches each mon forces and the fact that they can take out most hazards removers with ease bar Excadrill - offensive Tspikes Dragalge is a good partner for hazard stacking and Azu is a good partner to revenge Excadrill.

PS: Sorry for my unnecessarily complicated sentence structure.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower / Overheat

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit / Low Kick / Swords Dance

Nitpick - Manec needs to have Lightning Rod pre-mega so change it to non mega w/ mega stone. Good core tho

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower/Overheat

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
robs certain support moves from opposing mons. Set up moves, recovery moves things like that in tandem with hazards / burns which Dragalge provides TSpikes with. Think about a burned Mega Venusaur or Mandibuzz trying to heal themselves. Using snatch on the turn they'll heal will steal their recovery move for yourself. Or yesterday a Thundurus trying to set up Nasty Plot on me and then I used Snatch to steal it and as such forced it to attack so it can't clean the team with boosted power. That's the purpose of it really.
Does Snatch work on Aromatherapy or Heal Bell?

Mega Altaria + Lure Mew

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

really fun core. mew lures altaria's checks and counters. stone edge is for talonflame and volcarona, fire blast for skarmory, earthquake for heatran and psychic is just stab and also hits mons like mega-venusaur. another great option is gunk shot, which 2hko fairys like clefable etc. really depends to your team. after that altaria can normally sweep. heal bell is aganst scald burns from bulky waters like rotom-wash and twave from klefki / thundurus. rocks support is needed, also fast mons like gengar threaten this core, so you need to check these.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone
This is a offensive core Mega Lopunny+Gengar+Weavile
MLopunny_ORAS.gif Weavile_XY.gif Gengar_AttackAnimation_1_XY.gif
These 3 pokemon have much synergy between them and put a lot of pressure to the opponent.
Weavile can kill lat twins,mega altaria,lando-t,tank chomp ,with +2 is a fantastic revenge killer
MegaLopunny,instead,is a fantastic pokemon,amazing speed,great attack ,good movepool,can strike any pokemon with scrappy :)
Last member of the core is gengar,the fairy killer xD
It has an excellent immunity to the ground and the fight
Eliminate threats as clefable,Malaria,sylveon,with shadow ball eliminate slowbro,celebi ecc...
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Evs: 252Atk,252 spe,4def
Jolly nature
-High Jump Kick
-return
-PowerUpPunch
-Fake Out

Weavile @ Life orb
Ability: pickpocket
Evs: 252 atk,252spe,4def
Jolly nature
-ice shard
-knock off
-icicle crash
-Swords dance

Gengar @ life orb
Ability:levitate
Evs:252att.sp,252spe,4sp.def
Timid nature
-shadow ball
-taunt
-sludge Wave
-focus blast or Focus miss xD
Good teammate for this core is a switch in to scarf keldeo like bulky latias,starmie

If you have suggestion on how to improve the core,will be welcome ^_^

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
Hi everyone
View attachment 42737 View attachment 42738 View attachment 42739
These 3 pokemon have much synergy between them and put a lot of pressure to the opponent.
Weavile can kill lat twins,mega altaria,lando-t,tank chomp ,with +2 is a fantastic revenge killer
MegaLopunny,instead,is a fantastic pokemon,amazing speed,great attack ,good movepool,can strike any pokemon with scrappy :)
Eliminate threats as clefable,Malaria,sylveon,with shadow ball eliminate slowbro,celebi ecc...
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly nature
-High Jump Kick
-return
-PowerUpPunch
-Fake Out

Weavile @ Life orb
Jolly nature
-ice shard
-knock off
-icicle crash
-Swords dance

Gengar @ life orb
Timid nature
-shadow ball
-taunt
-sludge Wave
Good teammate for this core is a switch in to scarf keldeo like bulky latias,starmie

First of all here's the gengar sprite if you couldn't find it - http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/gengar.gif
Second, it looks a lot neater if you just make the sets on Pokemon Showdown and copy paste them here. But onto the core

Really like the offensive core and think it's great but would like you to explain a few things like PuP Lopunny > another filler and SD Weavile > Pursuit/Low Kick. And just a little more detail/explanation. It makes the core look more reliable and impressive. Nice core though, 10/10 would use

Hi everyone
View attachment 42737 View attachment 42738 View attachment 42739

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly nature
-High Jump Kick
-return
-PowerUpPunch
-Fake Out

Weavile @ Life orb
Jolly nature
-ice shard
-knock off
-icicle crash
-Swords dance

Gengar @ life orb
Timid nature
-shadow ball
-taunt
-sludge Wave

Might wanna give mega loppuny a mention as a threat. Also type synergy really is not that important for this core from a defensive perspective 2/3 mons can't take hits very well. Scarf drill also looks like a issue a issue as well so give landot a mention as a teamate.

Also sorry if I steped out of line in my last post am.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Might wanna give mega loppuny a mention as a threat. Also type synergy really is not that important for this core from a defensive perspective 2/3 mons can't take hits very well. Scarf drill also looks like a issue a issue as well so give landot a mention as a teamate.

Also sorry if I steped out of line in my last post am.
Thanks for the suggestion BL
StarmieThe God thanks :)

(strong mole + doge)

This is a fun sand core that I've been using recently. I wanted to try out stoutland because it's a great partner for excadrill as it can beat most of excadrill's counters with the proper coverage move, such as ice fang against landorus-t, wild charge against skarmory, and return against rotom-w. It is also a powerful wallbreaker that can help soften up the opposing team for excadrill to clean up. I needed to decide on a sand setter, and in the end I chose hippowdon. It can set up SR as well as wall a lot more stuff and I generally like bulkier mons. It's typing is also better than tyranitar in this particular core as excadrill + stoutland already stacks a fighting weakness and I didn't want 3 mons on the same team weak to fighting.

As for the sets, I went with the standard LO excadrill sand sweeper set. For stoutland, I ran a set of return / ice fang / wild charge / superpower. Return is a nice powerful STAB move, ice fang helps weaken garchomp and landorus-t into KO range of excadrill, wild charge hits skarmory, and superpower puts ferrothorn into KO range of excadrill's earthquake. I chose smooth rock on hippowdon because with 2 sand sweepers instead of the regular 1 I knew I would need more sand turns. Obviously you can run leftovers too but for my team I went with smooth rock.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Ice Fang
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

Last edited:
I got bored again so I'm gonna post another core, this one will be less fun to face n.n
Not sure if this core was posted before but i dont feel like checking every page.

Offensive core: Wobbuffet+Lopunny Mega+Thundurus

Ah yes, Wobbuffet, the ultimate pain for offense/balance/bulky offense, heck it does well against anything. Pair this with Lopunny and Thundurus and you have a core that functions really well in the current meta-game, nothing is safe.
Now let's explain a bit about how this core functions, you see wobbuffet has the ability Shadow Tag which let's you trap any non-ghost type pokemon and any other pokemon that doesnt have the abilty out there, yea thats right, they cant switch out. You can abuse this to force them to attack you so you can take care of certain threats like opposing Lopunny Mega or Metagross Mega. Then there is Lopunny, this set is MADE to be annoying and last as long as possible while abusing its movepool, speed and power to dent the opponent, very hard to get rid off. Then we have Thundurus, this takes care of anything that Lopunny+Wobbufett cant, like Charizard Mega X or Slowbro, it also has Nasty Plot to get some possible sweeps.

More in dept:

Wobbuffet:

Wobbuffet oh Wobbuffet, why do you have to be so annoying. This pokemon is truly under-rated, the way it takes care of common threats still manages to amaze me every time i use it, with the ability Shadow Tag and the movepool it has it truly is something you do NOT want to face. Counter allows you to punish any physical attacker while Mirror Coat does the same with special attackers, What is safe? Setting up on it wont work because of Encore and if you get it low the combination of Custap Berry+Destiny Bond will make sure to faint the opponent. You can also Sitrus Berry+Safeguard if that is what you like, anything works with this core.

Lopunny:

What is there to say about Lopunny, its one of the best pokemon out there at the moment, and with this movepool youll be certain to punch holes in the opponents team. Anybody who has faced Encore+Substitute Lopunny before knows how hard it is to take it down, pair this with its more unpopular STAB option Drain Punch and you have a near unkillable bunny girl that just keeps on punching holes in your team. Return is obviously its best other STAB option to still give it that unresisted coverage.

Thundurus:

Thundurus is a menace with Nasty Plot and Leftovers, very hard to take down for bulkier teams. It has Thunder Wave to stop any opposing set up sweeper, just to be safe. Thunderbolt is an amazing STAB option, pair this with Hidden Power Ice and you got yourself some nice Bolt-Beam Coverage. Its main role is to weaken or take out pokemon like Celebi, Hippowdon and Slowbro which all annoy Lopunny, it can also Paralyze pokemon like Aerodactyl so Lopunny can deal with them more easily.

Well i hope that youll have fun using this core, and as always, have a good one.

Importable:
Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
- Encore

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Drain Punch
- Return

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Alright i got a core that will soar you to higher places

Offensive Bird Spam core

This is a really neat core i came up with when wanting to build around mega bird. The idea of this core is naturally bird spam. Each bird helps weaken mons for each other to later on sweep. Wall breaker Mega pidgiot is simply amazing thanks to its amazing speed tier and never missing hurricane make it a huge threat to pretty much everything. Work up and refresh perfectly compliment mega bird allowing it to handle stall better. Despite this Heatran blocks its way from really doing anything as well as other pesky steels that resist flying. This is where Talonflame comes in who can hit from the other side that mega bird cant. talonflame also can hit steels types thanks to flareblitz and can help clean some of what mega pidgiot left behind thanks to priority brave bird. Now Both talon and mega pidgiot get walled by heatran so enter Salac Natural gift talonflame! This talonflame help lure in as well as remove heatran at +2 attack allowing mega pidgiot to wall break more efficiently thus allowing it to put it more work for its team. Of course if lure talonflame does not suit for fancy stallbreaker talonflame works just fine but i feel like this core is more suited for offensive teams and stall breaker talon fits more on balance. Teamate wise latias, starmie and excadrill make for fantastic partners as they can remove hazards while starmie can serve as a offensive remover with hp fire to help remove ferrothorn and scizor. Dugtrio works great as well as if you prefer stall breaker duggy can remove tran for you. Raikou works nice as a pivot to bring in pidgiot more often and remove water types and opposing talonflame. Last hazard setters work fantastic with this core making Fat chomp, klefki and ferrothorn solid teamates to consider when building around this core. Bisharp also works nice with the latter to keep hazard on your side of the field. Tyranitar is a threat to this core so make sure you have a mon such as keldeo who can tear it apart. Anyways enjoy this core! Taging Sucker Lunch cause hes the king of bird Spam.

Bird Jesus-Mega (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh
- Work Up

Bird Slave (Talonflame) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Natural Gift
- Swords Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)