Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roserade really isn't all that viable. Your goal with Roserade I presume is to simply get up Toxic Spikes right? You mentioned Tentacruel and actually it does the job of getting up Spikes better due to it's defensive qualities (Water is a great defensive type, much better than Grass) and being able to spin when needed. It also reduced your Talonflame weakness by adding a Water type not weak to it. It also preserves the Mega Slot as it fulfills the role you set MegaToise upon. Heck if you don't want a passive user Dragalgae would be better than Roserade, but it loves Specs.

Tl:dr- Roserade as Toxic Spike user=no Anything else=better
Rose does actually have a niche in ou as a offensive t spikes user. While i dont agree with the sets the poster is using (rose should have hp ground), rose is more then usable. Also that kyu-b/mega diancie/scizor core is pretty much my core i JUST posted. Pretty sure i also mentioned scizor as a partner in it even.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Roserade is viable lmao. Its niche lies in being a good offensive Toxic Spikes user, being able to check a wide variety of Pokemon such as Keldeo, Clefable, and to some extent Mega Altaria, utility in Sleep Powder, and Natural Cure. I'm not sure about HP ground lol BlazeLatias, I don't think it actually has space, between TSpikes, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, and Giga Drain.

edit: saying specs dragalge is better than tspikes dragalge is a lack of metagame knowledge as well

The Queen's Council

I see a lot of Mega Diancie cores and this one does quite well.

Mega Diancie isn't rank A+ on the Ranking for nothing. It's a fearsome Sweeper, Cleaner, Hazard Reflector, and Stallbreaker into one. MDiancie's part of the core, most essentially is reflecting Stealth Rocks with Magic Bounce as Kyurem-B is weak to it, Scizor less so. Diancie tears apart the Dragons that threatens Kyurem-B as well as Fighting Types, but most have a type that makes Moonblast neutral. What Diancie does for Scizor is remove pesky Fire types that ruin Scizor, most notably Talonflame with Diamond Storm. With Rock Polish MDiancie is a terrifying force allowing it to invest more into its offensive stats. With Earth Power nothing is safe (Heatran lol) Kyurem-B is a powerhouse, having instant Wallbreaking prowess just for showing up. It takes care for Ground and Grass types that try to ruin Diancie day with Ice Beam and it's ability allows it to bypass Mega Venasaur's Thick Fat and OHKO it. Earth Power offers valuable coverage and heavily damage Rotom Wash. Outrage is its most spammable attack after Fairy types and Steel types have been removed. A singular Pokémon resists the moves I just listed and that is Azumarill and even that isn't safe. Fusion Bolt is a great attack allowing it to muscle past Fairy types who are mainly Specially Defensive. It serves as the Physical Wallbreaker of the trio smashing walls that come to stop short of Diancie pulling off a Sweep. Scizor is the bulky Pivot, and priority as well as forming the DFS core. Scizor is the glue of the team, defending the Queen and Kyurem from an array of attacks as well as the Queen destroying Fire types that threaten Scizor. A positive of Scizor is that it's neutral to Fighting so it doesn't capitalize on that weakness. Its access to Bullet Punch allows it to support Kyurem by handling most Fairy types. U-Turn allows it to bring in the correct Pokémon for the situation. Sometimes Diancie isn't going to be able to do it all. That's where Defog comes in. Defog removes all hazards including yours so its best to have a bulky setter. Roost offers healing when Leftovers isn't going to cut it.

I'll try and make a team on it after my wait period is up.

Teammates?
-Bulky Stealth Rock Setter
-Bulky Water Type or immunity
-Ground Type
-Fire Type for Steels
-Defensive Backbone
-Special Wallbreaker

Diancie@ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: No
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Kyurem-B @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 216 Atk / 124 SpA / 164 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 144 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-Turn
- Roost

-The Standard Diancie set. The Speed allows it to outrun Jolly Excadrill and anything below. Special Attack is maximized. The rest are put into Attack to support Diamond Storm.

-Kyurem Black. The Evs allow it to outrun the entire unboosted tier with Scarf. The Attack Evs nearly guarantee the OHKO on Azumarill and 2HKO most bulky Fairies. The rest were put into SpA to increase Earth Power and Ice Beams power.

-The HP is set to be nearly maxed but add a necessary amount to attack. The Attack is set to 2HKO every Fairy after Stealth Rock or outright OHKO. The Defense was added to increase Defensive quality. The bit in SpD helped increase its survivability of SpA moves by a small, but crucial amount.
I apologize for replying to a post that does not concern me, yet as i was scrolling through the good cores thread i noticed that your core, albeit a very solid core, is remarkably similar (and by that i mean exactly the same, one of the mons added is listed as a recommended partner for the core), i assume that the two cores' similar structure must be coincidential, however i feel like the original founder of this core should receive credit,
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-39 this is the core and it's founder.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to YET ANOTHER core.
Some of you that know me might know what is my favorite pokemon, those that dont now do.

Here it is:
The Venusaur Mega, Registeel and Zapdos Balance/Semi Stall core

Yea, Registeel. Bet ya didnt see that one comming. Anyway ive been playing more defensive teams as of recently and i came up with this core one day, i tested it and it worked pretty well so i decided to share it. Venusaur is there to wall pretty much 70% of the meta game and Zapdos and Registeel are there for Hazard support and defensive synergy. The goal is to outlast the opponent while staying healthy yourself.

As usual ill go a bit more in debt now, lets go.

Venusaur Mega

Sometimes you just cant help but wonder, how does he do it, then you find the answer in its stats. With 80/123/120 defensive stats and the ability Thick Fat this truly is a monster to bring down, pair this with the move Leech Seed, Giga Drain and Synthesis and youve got a monster thats so unkillable that it nearly got banned back in XY, or at least nearly got suspected, enough of that tho, lets see what it does for the team. Well this is my main answer to fairy/water/grass/fighting types and so on, having a keldeo/thundurus answer in one pokemon is amazing, and again it just really is the defensive glue to this and many other cores.

Registeel

Registeel? What is this madness, this is OU not RU. Well let me tell you a little thing about it, name one other thing that has the defensive typing of Aggron Mega without taking up a mega slot? The answer is Registeel offcourse, and it has Leftovers recovery as a bonus. But seriously this is the cores Stealth Rock setter and Go-To lati switch in, it also checks Gardevoir Mega with Iron Head and it runs Earthquake to break those pesky steel types. And even after all this i still hear you ask. "but doesnt jirachi do this better ?-?", well yes my friend, but i wanted something that didnt die to Magnezone, Tyranitar and Bisharp. (Though heavile invested special defense jirachi does beat Magnezone).

Zapdos

As far as zapdos goes, it was almost a perfect fit taking on Talonflame, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Pinsir for this team while also being able to remove hazards. As much as it gets hated on (for good reason) it isnt as terrible as some might say, i can even say that it might remain OU for a little while longer, With Roost it can recover its HP while it can conflict status on anything that tries to be funny and switch in with Discharge, Heat wave takes care of Ferrothorn, Scizor and Bisharp while Defog is for removing hazards, it also is the main Ground resist.

Well it has been fun and all but i do hope that youll get to like Registeel some more.\

Importable:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Also for anybody who was still wondering, yes, My fav mon is Registeel.

Hello and welcome to YET ANOTHER core.
Some of you that know me might know what is my favorite pokemon, those that dont now do.

Here it is:
The Venusaur Mega, Registeel and Zapdos Balance/Semi Stall core

Yea, Registeel. Bet ya didnt see that one comming. Anyway ive been playing more defensive teams as of recently and i came up with this core one day, i tested it and it worked pretty well so i decided to share it. Venusaur is there to wall pretty much 70% of the meta game and Zapdos and Registeel are there for Hazard support and defensive synergy. The goal is to outlast the opponent while staying healthy yourself.

As usual ill go a bit more in debt now, lets go.

Venusaur Mega

Sometimes you just cant help but wonder, how does he do it, then you find the answer in its stats. With 80/123/120 defensive stats and the ability Thick Fat this truly is a monster to bring down, pair this with the move Leech Seed, Giga Drain and Synthesis and youve got a monster thats so unkillable that it nearly got banned back in XY, or at least nearly got suspected, enough of that tho, lets see what it does for the team. Well this is my main answer to fairy/water/grass/fighting types and so on, having a keldeo/thundurus answer in one pokemon is amazing, and again it just really is the defensive glue to this and many other cores.

Registeel

Registeel? What is this madness, this is OU not RU. Well let me tell you a little thing about it, name one other thing that has the defensive typing of Aggron Mega without taking up a mega slot? The answer is Registeel offcourse, and it has Leftovers recovery as a bonus. But seriously this is the cores Stealth Rock setter and Go-To lati switch in, it also checks Gardevoir Mega with Iron Head and it runs Earthquake to break those pesky steel types. And even after all this i still hear you ask. "but doesnt jirachi do this better ?-?", well yes my friend, but i wanted something that didnt die to Magnezone, Tyranitar and Bisharp. (Though heavile invested special defense jirachi does beat Magnezone).

Zapdos

As far as zapdos goes, it was almost a perfect fit taking on Talonflame, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Pinsir for this team while also being able to remove hazards. As much as it gets hated on (for good reason) it isnt as terrible as some might say, i can even say that it might remain OU for a little while longer, With Roost it can recover its HP while it can conflict status on anything that tries to be funny and switch in with Discharge, Heat wave takes care of Ferrothorn, Scizor and Bisharp while Defog is for removing hazards, it also is the main Ground resist.

Well it has been fun and all but i do hope that youll get to like Registeel some more.\

Importable:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Also for anybody who was still wondering, yes, My fav mon is Registeel.
Doesn't ZardY just waltz in and break this whole core ,,,

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Okay, gonna drop a core I've been using in a team I recently made. It's majorly offensive & extremely fun to use. Here it is.

Keldeo + Landorus-Therian Offensive Core.

This core is rather simple in nature, but once again, extremely fun to use. Double Dance Landorus-T is a threat that nearly no one prepares for, so it can easily sweep teams with relative ease. There are two ways to use the Double Dance set: If up against a more balanced / stall team, simply set up a Swords Dance and begin sweeping once all the counters to the set are removed. If up against a more offensively paced team, set up a Rock Polish & begin smashing through stuff. This version of Landorus-T hates most Physical walls, notable ones being Gliscor, and Hippowdon, both of which can take a boosted hit, & recover off damage or in Hippowdon's case, Whirlwind away any boosts accumulated. This is where the famous Sub + CM Keldeo comes in. Keldeo can easily set up on the after-mentioned bulky Ground types, & other physical walls such as certain variants of Skarmory, Tank Chomp (Whom can take a +2 hit from Lando and D-Tail it out), and several others. Keldeo itself has some problems, being prone to be walled by Celebi & Mega Venusaur, and threatened by offensive Pokemon such as Talonflame, & bird-spam in general. Landorus-T can easily set up on all the birds, but it has to be careful with some of them. The core is extremely weak to Electric types with Ice coverage such as Mega Manectric & Thundurus, & slightly threatened by Charizard-Y, so a check to these, such as Latias helps immensely, as it can Defog away hazards to prevent the two from getting worn down.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Nobody has this DFS core in the OP...hope noone made it already.

The Three Stooges

These 3 work together beautifully and I followed the simple format in order of the pictures: Revenge Killer, Wallbreaker, Sweeper/Cleaner.

Hydreigon is a powerful Choice Attacker with a base 125 SpA and high 98 Speed for a Choice Scarf user. Firstly Azumarill has weaknesses to Grass, Electric, and Poison. Hydreigon resists 2 of those 3 and has the ability to destroy them with the appropriate move. With access to Fire Blast it decimates many walls such as OHKOing Defensive Skarmory and all variants of Scizor and Ferrothorn which all annoy Mega Metagross to no end and makes Azumarill's job harder. Earth Power is another option allowing it to take care of Electric types, but personally I prefer Fire Blast because otherwise there is no effective way to get rid of Steel Types (barring Heatran who is wrecked by Azumarill). Draco Meteor allows it to dispatch of many threats that are already weakened easily, allowing it to clean more Revenge Kill more efficiently. Metagross has weaknesses to Fire, Ground, Ghost, and Dark which Hydreigon can easily dispatch the last two through Super Effective moves or sheer resistances. Notable Dark Types it can beat are Mandibuzz, Tyranitar (both 2HKoed by Full Power Draco Meteor), Bisharp (OHKOed by Fire Blast), and enemy Hydreigon (OHKOed by Draco Meteor). Hydreigon itself is weak to Fairy, Bug, Fight, Dragon, and Ice. It can, however easily dispatch Bug, Dragon, and Ice types through it's own coverage. It serves as a passive Ground Switch In with Levitate for Metagross, as well as having an immunity to Psychic.

Azumarill is a simple, yet deadly Choice Band User. With Huge Power doubling it's measly 50 attack it's feared for a reason. It helps Hydreigon cover enemy Dragon's most notably Latios who may use a Choice Scarf itself and be able to OHKO Hydreigon with it's own Draco Meteor. Azumarill's main mission however is to WallBreak for Mega Metagross to get through and either Sweep or Clean Up. With two spammable STABs of Water and Fairy it does the job extremely well. It covers Metagross's Ground, Fire, and Dark weakness though it's Water and Fairy STAB while killing off Fighting and Dragon Types when Hydreigon needs it. It has Aqua Jet giving the team a powerful Priority to bypass Azumarill's low base Speed of 50. It also has access to Knock Off a very spammable Utility move allowing it to remove item and hit enemies that resist it's STABs.

Mega Metagross isn't ranked S for nothing. It's a fearsome sweeper when it's low amount of checks are gone. With Tough claws and an effective 145 base Attack it's an attacking Star alongside these two. MMetagross is immune to Poison moves that give Azumarill trouble and neutral to Fighting moves that end Hydreigon. It easily removes them with its STAB Zen Headbutt. It's other STAB move Meteor Mash or Iron Head allows it to easily dispatch Fairy types that Hydreigon absolutely hate as well as freeing up a moveslot it would otherwise use for Flash Cannon. It also comes in with Azumarill for an Ice resistance that Hydreigon lacks and defeats the threat. It has several usable coverage options in Hammer Arm, Bullet Punch, Grass Knot, or even the elemental punches but it largely depends on the other team members. Hammer Arm is a great option helping Hydreigon crush Steel opposition. Grass Knot is another largely used option as it allows Metagross to get past bulky waters that the team would otherwise have a little trouble against, most notable Suicune and Mega Slowbro(but Hydreigon handles him).

I'll most definitely make a team on this one later.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-Turn
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

• The Speed on Azumarill allows it to outspeed minimum investment Scizor so its Aqua Jet goes before its Bullet Punch. The rest were put into HP to promote bulk.

boltsandbombers would it be a good idea to compile a list of mons that need cores? Theres like 1 dragonite core and ive seen a ton of similar cores with the same mons. Even if oras is stale i think we need a bit more diversity in the cores instead of s and a rank mon spam.

Edit: Id be more then happy to make said list if you like this idea.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm gonna present an offensive core that I've been loving to use lately: Dragonite+Heatran

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Both of these mons compliment each other almost perfectly and do an excellent job covering each others' weaknesses. Dragonite's weaknesses to ice and fairy are 4x resisted by Heatran and Heatran's weaknesses to water and fighting are resisted by Dragonite while Dragonite is immune to Heatran's 4x ground weakness. These mons compliment each other so well by virtue of their typing, and their movepools. The main things that stop the particular Dragonite set that I'm using after it gets set up to +1 (super easy with multiscale) are Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Defensive Scizor, which all are handled by Heatran. The main mons that threaten Heatran are most water types, Ground Types, and Powerful fighting types, and Dragonite can deal with basically all of these mons with its natural typing and coverage moves. Also, since Dragonite is opting to use earthquake in the dd set that I'm using, Heatran's fire Coverage is increasingly important as Dragonite isn't running fire punch. One thing to note is that Dragonite has a hard time dealing with Hippowdon and Defensive Landorus-T, who threaten Heatran a fair bit although Heatran can kill them when they get low enough on HP. The one mon that this core has the biggest trouble with is probably azumarill which threatens the core with SE STAB moves aand +1 dnite's earthquake only does ~60% to it. Heatran obviously can't do 50% with Flash Cannon, unless it gets a max roll vs the BD set. Offensive starmie with ice beam can also do big damage to this core. Offensive Grass types make great partners to this core as they can kill the ground types and water type that this core cannot always muscle past. If i missed anything, please feel free to remind me by tagging me instead of just quoting this post. Also, Dr Ciel reminded me that rain sweepers also threaten this core, which is another reason to pair this core with a nice offensive grass type.

Edit:
boltsandbombers would it be a good idea to compile a list of mons that need cores? Theres like 1 dragonite core and ive seen a ton of similar cores with the same mons. Even if oras is stale i think we need a bit more diversity in the cores instead of s and a rank mon spam.
There's your Dragonite core xD

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
littlelucario

I would definitely mention that most Rain sweepers heavily threaten this core. Pokemon such as Kabutops, Kingdra, and Mega Swampert carry coverage for Dragonite (Kabutops has Stone Edge, Kingdra's STAB, and Mega Swamp Ice Punch) and out-run it & easily KO him.
thanks man, ill make sure to add it

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, sharing one of my newer cores which is actually quite cool haha. Only saw one Breloom core, so decided to go with one. Breloom is actually pretty good lol.

Offensive Core: Breloom + Mega Manectric + Tornadus-T

+
+

Pretty cool offensive core I kinda thought about during the other day, played a few games on the ladder using an alt haha and it worked decently, so I'm sharing it here. Not sharing replays because I'm going anonymous and I haven't really found a good one yet, but I will add a few when I do get my hands on them.

So the gist of the core is pretty simple: VoltTurn + Breloom.

I'll kind of try to explain my thought process during building this core to make it more understandable. So I was typing up the Breloom analysis and I decided to test it further. Breloom struggles against offensive builds due to its subpar Speed, Grass-types, Fire-types, Psychic-types, Ghost-types, and certain Steel-types such as Scizor and Skarmory. Mega Manectric patches that weakness up. It deals with offensive teams, particularly Flying-types such as Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Gyarados, and Mega Pinsir which trouble Breloom, because of its good Speed stat and Electric-type STAB. In addition, it deals with certain Grass-, Fire-, Psychic- and Ghost-types that Breloom are checked by, such as Amoonguss, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Metagross, and Gengar, as well as Skarmory and Scizor. It also provides momentum with Volt Switch to give Breloom free switches. In return, Breloom offers an answer to bulky Ground-types which trouble Mega Manectric, such as Seismitoad, Rhyperior, and Scarf Landorus-T. It also deals with a few of Mega Manetric's checks, namely Seismitoad, Rotom-W, and Heatran. In particular, the utility of having Breloom + Mega Manectric is that Breloom can Spore something, go out into Mega Manectric, then Volt Switch out. Breloom deals with bulky setup sweepers such as Clefable and Reuniclus which the core otherwise struggles with by crippling them with Spore and going out into something that beats them.

Tornadus-T further adds to the core, providing an answer to bulky Grass-types such as Celebi and Mega Venusaur which the duo struggles with. Tornadus-T also has Knock Off and U-turn, which allows it to beat Lati@s, and deal decent damage to bulky Psychic-types such as Reuniclus. Knock Off also cripples switch-ins such as Jirachi which trouble both Breloom and Manectric, and in the event Breloom goes down, Heatran as well. Having U-turn means it completes a VoltTurn core alongside Mega Manectric to score momentum for Breloom.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Threats:

Mega Charizard X at +1 runs through the team nicely. Same with Mega Altaria. Dragalge is kind of annoying as well. Mega Manectric outspeeds all and my own Mega Manectric relies on a Speed tie to win. Rain as a playstyle is threatening as well.

Last edited:
so i herd u liek hazardz

Diggersby + Mega Manectric +Celebi

Blug. This is a really neat hazardstack+voltturn core I've been using recently. The premise is to lure stuff that Diggersby beats with MMan and Celebi while you Volt Switch/Baton Pass out, force something out, and set up a layer of Spikes. Also, Celebi is the Stealth Rock variant, so there's even more hazardness.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass

They also do pretty well at basic beat-each-others-counters-in-the-face type stuff, with Diggers beating Heatran and other steels, MMan beating Talonflame and Skarm, Celebi walling fighting-types like MLop, etc.

This core really likes wallbreakers and stuff to beat common hazard removers *cough bisharp cough* as teammates, as well as hazard removal for their own side as Diggers and MMan get worn down really easily. This core is really good at supporting weak-ish win conditions too, as SR+Spikes wears down a lot of 'mons pretty fast.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Mega Gardevoir + Excadrill Offensive Core

Mega Gardevoir is an extremely powerful wallbreaker and is able to punch holes easily. Hyper Voice hits incredibly hard and does a huge chunk of damage against any Pokemon that does not resist it. Its base 100 speed is good, and its able to force a ton of switch outs. Psyshock allows it to hit Chansey and Assault Vest users like Tornadus-T for some decent damage. There's several options for the final move on Gardevoir. Taunt helps break stall, Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, Calm Mind for setting up, and Substitute to avoid super effective damage and get a guaranteed powerful attack off. It can 1-2HKO most pokemon, and most of its checks (Mega Metagross, Jirachi, Bronzong, Victini, etc.) can be easily defeated by Mold Breaker Excadrill. Mold Breaker is essential to hit pokemon with Levitate such as Bronzong and Gengar. Excadrill provides a strong ground presence to complete the core. Fairy + Ground is really good coverage, only being resisted by a few pokemon including Charizard, Skarmory and Talonflame. Excadrill's Rock Slide defeats Talonflame and Charizard, and hits Skarmory for neutral damage. Gardevoir can also run HP Fire to hit Skarmory as well as Steel types like Scizor (which also takes neutral damage from Fairy + Ground + Rock). Excadrill can KO Heatran, which would otherwise wall Gardevoir. Gardevoir can also defeat Excadrill's checks such as Rotom-W, Chesnaught and Slowbro, which take massive damage from Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, and easily get 1-2HKO. Excadrill's choice scarf also helps Gardevoir with the threats like Mega Metagross, that outspeed and KO it.
Sand Rush Excadrill and Mega Scizor are big threats so Tank Garchomp and Keldeo would make excellent teammates. Basically anything fast that can spam a strong Earthquake will be a threat, so anything that can take Earthquake or completely avoid it (flying types) will also be good teammates. Flying types also get Excadrill as a spinner, so that's an added bonus for them.

Gardevoir-Mega (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast / HP Fire
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Calm Mind / Substitute

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 186-220 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 264-312 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 211-250 (69.6 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 256-303 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 270-318 (89.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Bronzong: 240-284 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here's a replay with a team I made: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237913125. Shoutouts to AdityaKhuntia and AD Impish John for battling and helping test out the core!

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Got bored again so made another core that ive been enjoying alot lately.

Mega Gallade Offensive core

The idea is pretty simple, lead with garchomp and set rocks then start breaking teams with these two pokemon that are heavily unprepared for. Garchomps other role is to spunge hits and wear down the opponent, Namely Lopunny mega. Gallade is not your typical hose-hold cat, it can hurt your team quite severely if you dont prepare for it with its new 110 speed tier and a amazing attack stat of 165 with some decent defenses to go along. And then there's weavile, little rascal that it is, this is about as anti-meta as you can get with its amazing STAB combination of Dark and Ice and a Life Orb boosted 120 attack stat to pair with its 125 speed tier its a very real threat to both offense and balance. Finally there's garchomp, a forgottten and often unprepared for lead set, quite classical. Still does its job properly, set rocks, SD up and start weakening teams.

As i will do with all of my cores from now on ill go a little bit more in dept

Gallade Mega

Gallade is one of the most uprepared for and most unloved Mega evolutions at the moment, and all of this due to the fact that Lopunny slightly outclasses it as a physical fighting type, the fact that Rocky Helmet Garchomp lurks around every corner doesnt help it either. And yet it can still put in work as your calssical wall-breaker/ Swords Dance sweeper, why does this qualify as a wall breaker you ask? ah yes let me explain, it has 165 attack. this rounds down to an attack stat of 429 if JOLLY, for those of you that are questioning Gallades wall breaking potential, it has a 120 Base attack STAB attack with good offensive coverage called Close Combat, it also has acces to Zen Headbutt and Knock Off, quite the threat when you look at it from this point of view isnt it. It also has a base speed tier of 110, which helps it speed tie most offensive threats in the current metagame.
Weavile

Dark and Ice coverage provides you with unresisted coverage, yes, unresisted. Pair this with Life Orb and the fact that it gets a STAB Knock Off, one of the best moves in the game at the moment, and Ice Shard which hits most fast offensive pokemon that might outspeed it and youre golden. It has Icicle Crash too, a 85 base power STAB move with a chance to flinch the opponent, it can however miss so Ice Punch is also a really nice option. Low Kick is to hit common threats like Bisharp or Tyranitar which would be able to check it otherwise. Its also blazingly fast if i forgot to mention that, with a base speed tier of 125 it outspeeds most of the metagame with ease, it even outspeeds common scarfed pokemon like Tyranitar.

Garchomp

This is perhaps the most under-rated Garchomp set out there at the moment, it doesnt do the job that your typical lead Garchomp does nowadays but it still does a very good job of wearing down the opponent, just in a more offensive way. It has a base attack stat of 130 with strong STAB moves like Outrage and Earthquake to pair with Swords Dance, it can also set rocks as you might have noticed lately, which is neat. It also has a neat speed tier of 102, which allows it to not have to worry about getting outsped by pokemon like Gardevoir Mega or Kyurem Black but most of all: Landorus Incarnate. Sash is to secure rocks or to let you take hits you wouldnt be able to live otherwise, like against a Mega Diancie.

Importable:
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Just a little nitpick, Dark+Ice isn't perfect neutral coverage, there's 30 resistances, 7 or 8 of whom are relevant in OU.

I meant single typing wise, offcourse
Um... Of course??? How is single type matchup even relevant? However, you are right, it is great coverage. Dark has great neutral coverage, and ice is incredible SE coverage, resisted only by itself, steel, water, and fire. Each of these bar water are hit for SE damage by another member of the core, and water doesn't resist any of the STABs of the other members, so you're free to spam your STABs. Keldeo could give you hell tho. Gallade deals SE damage, but it doesn't want to take a specs-boosted scald and risk the burn chance, so switching in is hard. Also hp flying hurts.

Hey guys im back with another core this ones pretty cool involving two really under-valued win conditions! World needs more of these mons anyways lol.

Sd Lucario + Sub PUP victini Offensive Core

Nothing says cool like victini and lucario! these two work really nice together as thanks to lucarios typing and ability he can scare / Prevent dark types from going for a dark type move. Lucario is often overlooked as a cleaner as mons such as mega lop and malt are everwhere. Despite this lucario can still shine with the right support. This is where victini comes in. Enter Sub pup victini probably the most hilarious win condition ive ever used. This set works really well with lucario as it not only allows victini to threaten stall and weaken them for luc to finish them off later. With sub victini can laugh at the face of status and set up on pokemon such as clefable and proceed to nuke everything with boosted v-creates and boltstrikes. This helps luke as it means that victini can grab boosts off of stuff such as slowbro on the switch and smash it with +1 bolt strike which hits really hard. These two work pretty nice removing each others threats and in a meta where weavile is becoming common lucario can really shine. Good teammates to this core would be hazard removal as victini hates hazards naturally so latias is good in that regard as well as latios. Pivots like scizor (mega) and rotom-w can provide free switch ins to both mons with a slow u-turn or volt switch and rotom-w can handle talon which scare luc. Speed control would be nice as lucarios speed tier is not very good in this meta so stuff like stealth rock clefable work nice as these clef can t-wave faster threats allowing the core to take out the more faster threats with ease. Mega sable can make for a interesting partner serving as a 3rd win con while also keeping hazards off the field as well as improve the matchup vs stall. Mega altaria is another fantastic partner as her typing resists a lot of this cores common weaknesses (bulky malts can improve matchup vs mega lop). This core is really ground weak and struggles to break fat chomps, landots and hippowdon so a strong water type such as azumaril or manaphy can pair nice. Weavile makes for a great partner that can remove psychic types such as the latis that this core hates. lure Glaciate is a option on victini (over sub pup) so this core can handle 4x weak grounds but scarf lando-t still destroys this core.

DarkNostalgia (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

ArchPhantom (Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- V-create
- Bolt Strike

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have experimented with Lucario + Victini before and I found Glaciate on Victini to be great in this core because it lures Lando-T and Garchomp so Lucario can clean up afterwards. Of course still not exactly a reliable way of dealing with them and Scarf Landorus-T still destroys the core but it helps.

Hey guys im back with another core this ones pretty cool involving two really under-valued win conditions! World needs more of these mons anyways lol.

Sd Lucario + Sub PUP victini Offensive Core

Nothing says cool like victini and lucario! these two work really nice together as thanks to lucarios typing and ability he can scare/ Prevent dark types from going for a dark type move. He also can Handle weavile and bisharp lacking low kick pretty nicely which is really cool. Lucario is often overlooked as a cleaner as mons such as mega lop and malt are everwhere. Despite this lucario can still shine with the right support. This is where victini comes in. Enter Sub pup victini probably the most hilarious win condition ive ever used. This set works really well with lucario as it not only allows victini to threaten stall and weaken them for luc to finish them off later. With sub victini can laugh at the face of status and set up on pokemon such as clefable and proceed to nuke everything with boosted v-creates and boltstrikes. This helps luke as it means that victini can grab boosts off of stuff such as slowbro on the switch and smash it with +1 bolt strike which hits really hard. These two work pretty nice removing each others threats and in a meta where weavile is becoming common lucario can really shine. Good teammates to this core would be hazard removal as victini hates hazards naturally so latias is good in that regard as well as latios. Pivots like scizor (mega) and rotom-w can provide free switch ins to both mons with a slow u-turn or volt switch and rotom-w can handle talon which scare luc. Speed control would be nice as lucarios speed tier is not very good in this meta so stuff like stealth rock clefable work nice as these clef can t-wave faster threats allowing the core to take out the more faster threats with ease. Mega sable can make for a interesting partner serving as a 3rd win con while also keeping hazards off the field as well as improve the matchup vs stall. Mega altaria is another fantastic partner as her typing resists a lot of this cores common weaknesses (bulky malts can improve matchup vs mega lop). This core is really ground weak and struggles to break fat chomps, landots and hippowdon so a strong water type such as azumaril or manaphy can pair nice. Weavile makes for a great partner that can remove psychic types such as the latis that this core hates.

DarkNostalgia (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

ArchPhantom (Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
Lucario can only win if it gets a free switch-in against Dark-types as it can't switch in due to it's frailty (Bisharp's Knock Off + Sucker Punch KOes it while Weavile OHKOes Lucario at +2 with Knock Off or Icicle Crash).

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
User BlazeLatias hates this core.

Mega Lopunny + Gothitelle Offensive Core

This is possibly the most evil core in the history of Pokemon. Both Mega Lop and Gothitelle are top tier threats in the Over Used meta, and they work fantastically together. Sub Pass Lopunny is a fantastic, fast, anti-offense Pokemon that can provide a good amount of team support. Substitute is meant to be used against Pokemon that expect you to attack right off the bat, such as Mega Sableye (after it has Mega Evolved), Mew, and Chansey, and should be used to scout common protect users, such as Mega Diancie and start attacking right from there. Baton Pass is the real star of the show here, as it enables Lopunny to not only pass to a wall-breaker / sweeper in an attempt for a sweep, but it also keeps the momentum on your side. Now, we come to Specs Gothitelle, another Satan compared to threat. Gothitelle takes out or cripples Pokemon that Mega Lopunny fails to 2HKO, such as certain variants of Clefable, Hippowdon, Skarmory, and Mega Venusaur. It can also receive a Substitute from Lopunny to make its job much, much easier. This core is threatened by fast, powerful attackers, such as Talonflame, so a good offensive check to it, such as Thundurus, is appreciated. Powerful wall-breakers pair with this core as well.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore / Baton Pass

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire

Last edited:
User BlazeLatias hates this core.

Mega Lopunny + Gothitelle Offensive Core

This is possibly the most evil core in the history of Pokemon. Both Mega Lop and Gothitelle are top tier threats in the Over Used meta, and they work fantastically together. Sub Pass Lopunny is a fantastic, fast, anti-offense Pokemon that can provide a good amount of team support. Substitute is meant to be used against Pokemon that expect you to attack right off the bat, such as Mega Sableye (after it has Mega Evolved), Mew, and Chansey, and should be used to scout common protect users, such as Mega Diancie and start attacking right from there. Baton Pass is the real star of the show here, as it enables Lopunny to not only pass to a wall-breaker / sweeper in an attempt for a sweep, but it also keeps the momentum on your side. Now, we come to Specs Gothitelle, another Satan compared to threat. Gothitelle takes out or cripples Pokemon that Mega Lopunny fails to 2HKO, such as certain variants of Clefable, Hippowdon, Skarmory, and Mega Venusaur. It can also receive a Substitute from Lopunny to make its job much, much easier. This core is threatened by fast, powerful attackers, such as Talonflame, so a good offensive check to it, such as Thundurus, is appreciated. Powerful wall-breakers pair with this core as well.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire
Don't you think that gothitelle appreciate presence Baton pass in the lopunny set? Is easy trap with this method :3

Don't you think that gothitelle appreciate presence Baton pass in the lopunny set? Is easy trap with this method :3
Baton pass is not manditory. besides lop like volt-turn cores anyways so chances are your using a landot,scizor or rotom-w with this core anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)